• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

191 posts in this topic

Posted

watch out boys,hes armed with the knowledge of a website everyone can edit,WIKIPEDIA so it must be fACTTTTSS

Empathizing with others requires "others" you are pixels in a game when i am logged in. Period. Nothing more. Do you get upset at the pong paddle when it beats you?,
if my kid came to me and said he/she was cyber bullied i would tell him/her to grow the ____ up.

I feel sorry for your kid already to have such an ignorant parent.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a sign of disrespect to run up into an area that you see someone else farming and try and farm there yourself.  You see to effectively farm a mob, there are "rotations" that have formed to effectively allow for fast grind/farming.  If someone jumps into your area after seeing you there and makes no effort to leave after seeing you, it's a sign of disrespect, a sign they don't care that you were there.  So you'd be well within your rights to just PK that person.  You'd be well within your rights to just PK a random passer by, IT'S AN OPEN WORLD PVP GAME.

By removing just the exp loss and putting full punishment on the person doing the pk, they've just moved the shoe to the other foot.  They need to balance it out, diminishing karma loss!!! It's the answer!

There are no game rules that say that if you were there first the area, and all the mob located there, belongs to you. You can't just make up your own game rules and expect everyone else to abide by them.  If you haven't already damaged a monster then the kill doesn't belong to you.  It's not griefing and the system is working just fine as it is.

You certainly are in your right to kill that person because it's an open world game that allows PvP but stop blaming other people when you do so.  If you murder the other player to try to keep them from grinding in the same area as you then you also have to accept the karma loss as well. 

There is no difference between someone that claims an area is theirs and kills anyone that tries to grind in that area or someone that comes along and claims an area and kills anyone already grinding there.  They are the same thing.

Karma bombing doesn't exist.  Nobody can make you loose karma. The choice is yours to make.

Empathizing with others requires "others" you are pixels in a game when i am logged in. Period. Nothing more. Do you get upset at the pong paddle when it beats you?,
if my kid came to me and said he/she was cyber bullied i would tell him/her to grow the ____ up.

Game avatars are a representation of a real life person with emotions and feelings and the impacts they feel due to the conduct of other players is real. Don't confuse your own lack of emotions and feelings with that of other people playing the game.

6 people like this

Posted

No such thing as online bullying,turn your head away from the monitor. Get up from your mothers basement. Breathe fresh air. Oooh ahhh... Safe space.

This is about as ignorant as saying you cant be bullied at school because you can just ignore the bully.

2 people like this

Posted

This is about as ignorant as saying you cant be bullied at school because you can just ignore the bully.

At school the bully can keep you there, here you just log off. simple go enjoy your safe space

Posted

lol at all the e-thug posers here.

2 people like this

Posted

At school the bully can keep you there, here you just log off. simple go enjoy your safe space

So along your thought process that all the other players in a MMO are just pixel and therefore do not matter, what does that make of forum conversations?  Are we not real here?  If not, who are you talking to? What do you think of texting lol?!  Are those people real?  Is there only one person in your world?!

There are no game rules that say that if you were there first the area, and all the mob located there, belongs to you. You can't just make up your own game rules and expect everyone else to abide by them.  If you haven't already damaged a monster then the kill doesn't belong to you.  It's not griefing and the system is working just fine as it is.
You certainly are in your right to kill that person because it's an open world game that allows PvP but stop blaming other people when you do so.  If you murder the other player to try to keep them from grinding in the same area as you then you also have to accept the karma loss as well. 

There is no difference between someone that claims an area is theirs and kills anyone that tries to grind in that area or someone that comes along and claims an area and kills anyone already grinding there.  They are the same thing.

Karma bombing doesn't exist.  Nobody can make you loose karma. The choice is yours to make.

Game avatars are a representation of a real life person with emotions and feelings and the impacts they feel due to the conduct of other players is real. Don't confuse your own lack of emotions and feelings with that of other people playing the game.

Karma bombing does exist for the reasons I said.  No you can't claim an area, but you can (or not) respect the area that someone is already farming/grinding.  If the area is large enough for more than 1 person the option to party is there.  To just grind over someone without saying anything IS an act of disrespect.  Now at that point no one is forcing you to flag up and kill them, but if you do not, the other person was griefing and won.  So the chose is yours, be pushed out of the area you were already at, or flag up and fight for your spot.  This is where the karma bombing comes in, because if the griefer see's this person is willing to flag up, they'll keep coming back and torment them.  That is why it should be diminishing karma loss when repeatedly killing the same person.  That way you can effectively fight off a griefer.  If the PK'er is the one griefing and trying to grind over you, you would still be able to bomb him, and you could make him go red if you brought a friend.  Or, you could try to fight him off, realize you are in a losing battle and it's time to move along or change channels.  At least that way everyone has a chance.

Posted (edited)

Can we fix it please? Below You may find some ideas:

- Bring back EXP losing in PVP death
- Add respawn time penalty when a player is dying in PVP many times in a short period
- Add some enchanting / crystal / cash penalties when dying in PVP many times in a short period.
- When You kill a player many times in a short period of time You don't lose karma anymore.
- Respawn in Town after X deaths.

What You think dear players?
Have You ever dealt with griefers in this game?

I'm looking forward to hear from You!

Suggestions 2), 4) and 5) are the best solutions. Last suggestion might be exploited in Pirates though, however, one would call it quite fair. 
Also one rule that must be eliminated is the "not ready for war", as far as war declaration between guilds is concerned. The griefing problem does not have to do with guildless players exclusively, there are tons of guilds that abuse that rule.

Edited by Mousatos

Posted

Situation presented above is a sign of culture and respect for both players

Lol right. In your dreams maybe it's a sign that you (and ONLY you, all others obviously not) can tell others where to play, and YOU can claim a whole spot, that is respect.

What if that other player said "this spot is taken", too ?

That dailiy griefing nonsense... two players want to grind at the same spot. Who is the griefer of both? Of course always the other one. YOU are playing perfectly fine, because YOU deserve the spot, YOU took the spot?

Alone the sentence "spot is taken" is so ridiculous. Nothing is taken just because you say so. If you really want to take it, fight for it, prepare to go negative karma. Going to forum and whine like a little girl, and claiming that it's "not respectful" that others don't obey your commands... how funny :)

4 people like this

Posted

Player A: Hello, this spot is taken.
Player B: Okey I'm going to find different spot. If i won't find any free spot i will simply change the channel.

Situation presented above is a sign of culture and respect for both players. It is not that hard to find other spot or free spot in other channel.

I highlighted above where the only small flaw in that logic is. Player A never at any point claimed any rights to the spot. If Player A thinks he deserves to keep the spot for whatever reason (has better gear, higher level, needs to xp/silver more or was just there before), and that the other players should waste their time looking for another spot or channel instead of him, that is NOT a sign of respect for the other player. He is simply valueing his own time and needs way above the others (everyone does this, its just human, but its not respectful) and is hoping for the fastest and least-conflicting way to achieve that.

"Culture" is just a collection of behaviours, believs or habits which are common in a community, in that case the playerbase. If the majority of the playerbase would act as described in situation A, it would be the "culture" of this game when it comes to grinding spots. Being cultural just means you conformed to these behaviours and habits, it doesn't mean they are "good" or "bad", as cultures often also come with bad habits.

1 person likes this

Posted

So along your thought process that all the other players in a MMO are just pixel and therefore do not matter, what does that make of forum conversations?  Are we not real here?  If not, who are you talking to? What do you think of texting lol?!  Are those people real?  Is there only one person in your world?!

Karma bombing does exist for the reasons I said.  No you can't claim an area, but you can (or not) respect the area that someone is already farming/grinding.  If the area is large enough for more than 1 person the option to party is there.  To just grind over someone without saying anything IS an act of disrespect.  Now at that point no one is forcing you to flag up and kill them, but if you do not, the other person was griefing and won.  So the chose is yours, be pushed out of the area you were already at, or flag up and fight for your spot.  This is where the karma bombing comes in, because if the griefer see's this person is willing to flag up, they'll keep coming back and torment them.  That is why it should be diminishing karma loss when repeatedly killing the same person.  That way you can effectively fight off a griefer.  If the PK'er is the one griefing and trying to grind over you, you would still be able to bomb him, and you could make him go red if you brought a friend.  Or, you could try to fight him off, realize you are in a losing battle and it's time to move along or change channels.  At least that way everyone has a chance.

the basis of forum interaction is not entertainment ,atleast not in the the threads where i actually debate. Whilst i admire your want to add a personal spin and view to every platform of action it simply doesn't apply  here . i am not swinging a sword made of pixels at other pixels on the forum, this is where you talk about the game if you werent aware. I can teach you about forum history if you like. If everyone  had your mindset  then triple a fps titles and league wouldnt exist. farmville\harvest moon would be #1.

Posted

well as far as i know in KR there was or there will be a patch that will help with griefers management. when a player griefs you and dies twice seems the third time you dont get more karma for killing him. Its something like this, if anyone knows details pls share

Posted (edited)

When i read the title of this topic, i was like "Oh, someone complaining about all this PK going on in this game! Let´s see, what´s his issue?"

As a casual player without any "top gear", pvp experience or PvP experienced guild behind me, i was seriously expecting something else but this ignorant self justice, i had to witness here.

The first thing i was pretty surprised about, is the fact, that a killed player is turned into a "griefer". How much arrogance and lack of self-reckognition does have to sit in a person, to think, he/she can claim something for him-/herself, just by being the first on a spott?

Even worse, if that person comes to this "occupied" spot and beleaves, he/she can take it by force and kill the other player, just because he/she is stronger/better equipped/pvp experienced?

I cannot recall the situations, when i was trying to get a level, or simply get a quest done, and suddenly, some wild "pvp pro" came around and instagibbed me, without a warning, just because he could. Because he was convinced, i was taking his spott or mob, without me even recognizing his presence.

Especially in high level regions, it can be hard or even impossible, to get your own grind done or just your killquest finished, because always somebody shows up, claiming a spot or region beiing "his spot".

Usually, i try to avoid players and especially grinding groups, to prevent any kind of conflict. But sometimes, when a spot stretches above a pretty large area, you might be already engaged in your own fight, before recognizing the others.

However, those players/groups usually tend to consider themself righteous and justified, just to kill you right on spot. The more polite ones at least try to establish contact. Usually, to prevent aggressions when meeting those people, i holster my weapons and try to talk, maybe find a solution. But it wasn´t just once, that this attempt of conversation was of any success. Either, while writing in chat, i got backstabbed from behind, or told get lost or killed, no matter, if my quest would be done within the next few minutes.

People beleave, this game is made for being ruled "by the stronger". Most of them forgot, they had to grind or get gear once themselves.

There is an incredible ammount of disrespect between players, and the bigger part of this disrespect comes from the better geared, stronger, maybe even superior players, because they know about their superiority. And they make use of it, without mercy. It´s "obey, or die!"

Does anybody of these "this spot is taken!" guys ever recognize, that some people just try to play their game aswell? That it is probably the 5ths time, they switched channels or came to a spot, just to get a quest done and finding another "my spott" person?

I never came back to a PKer, for "karmabombing", because it´s not my style. To be honest, i didn´t even consider to exploit the karma system this way. However, the next time i will get PKed without a warning, just because a player wants to demonstrate his superiority, i might consider to do exactly that.

Implementing penatlies for PKed players is just the wrong way. Yes, there might be griefing by "karmabombing", but introducing a penalty mechanic for pked players will just lead to even worse situations for the casual players. These days, some (and they already are the minority!) of the more respectfull "superior" players at least give a warning, before reclessly pking the inferior questing player. With a penalty system for the pked player, the self-righeousness for the "superior" players will reach new levels, making questing and especially grinding for lone players or bad equipped groups a no go. It will boost the griefing by intentional, dedicated PKers aswell, which is, in my opinion, the even worse way for griefing, because it usually hits the unaware, unexpecting.

The pro players might consider this a viable solution, but those, who have to fight for any % of lvl, for who it is a real task to obtain a pri item or even something like a Liverto weapon, that solution will be the forced end to many of their efforts...

Edited by Vaderan
3 people like this

Posted

My spot/My mobs / My rotation what ever there should be a consequence for some di_ck whos is getting killed x times in a row ... if not experiance loss then respawn timer

from ZERO seconds to XX MINUTES depends how many times he has been killed.

End of story.

Posted (edited)

When i read the title of this topic, i was like "Oh, someone complaining about all this PK going on in this game! Let´s see, what´s his issue?"

As a casual player without any "top gear", pvp experience or PvP experienced guild behind me, i was seriously expecting something else but this ignorant self justice, i had to witness here.

The first thing i was pretty surprised about, is the fact, that a killed player is turned into a "griefer". How much arrogance and lack of self-reckognition does have to sit in a person, to think, he/she can claim something for him-/herself, just by being the first on a spott?

Even worse, if that person comes to this "occupied" spot and beleaves, he/she can take it by force and kill the other player, just because he/she is stronger/better equipped/pvp experienced?

I cannot recall the situations, when i was trying to get a level, or simply get a quest done, and suddenly, some wild "pvp pro" came around and instagibbed me, without a warning, just because he could. Because he was convinced, i was taking his spott or mob, without me even recognizing his presence.

Especially in high level regions, it can be hard or even impossible, to get your own grind done or just your killquest finished, because always somebody shows up, claiming a spot or region beiing "his spot".

Usually, i try to avoid players and especially grinding groups, to prevent any kind of conflict. But sometimes, when a spot stretches above a pretty large area, you might be already engaged in your own fight, before recognizing the others.

However, those players/groups usually tend to consider themself righteous and justified, just to kill you right on spot. The more polite ones at least try to establish contact. Usually, to prevent aggressions when meeting those people, i holster my weapons and try to talk, maybe find a solution. But it wasn´t just once, that this attempt of conversation was of any success. Either, while writing in chat, i got backstabbed from behind, or told get lost or killed, no matter, if my quest would be done within the next few minutes.

People beleave, this game is made for being ruled "by the stronger". Most of them forgot, they had to grind or get gear once.

There is an incredible ammount of disrespect between players, and the bigger part of this disrespect comes from the better geared, stronger, maybe even superior players, because they know about their superiority. And they make use of it, without mercy. It´s "obey, or die!"

Does anybody of these "this spot is taken!" guys ever recognize, that some people just try to player game aswell? That it is probably the 5ths time, they switched channels or came to a spot, just to get a quest done and finding another "my spott" person?

I never came back to a PKer, for "karmabombing", because it´s not my style. To be honest, i didn´t even consider to exploit the karma system this way. However, the next time i will get PKed without a warning, just because a player wants to demonstrate his superiority, i might consider to do exactly that.

Implementing penatlies for PKed players is just the wrong way. Yes, ther might be griefing by "karmabombing", but introducing a penalty mechanic for pked players will just lead to even worse situations for the casual players. These days, some (and they already are the minority!) of the more respectfull "superior" players at least give a warning, before reclessly pking the inferior questing player. With a penalty system for the pked player, the self-righeousness for the "superior" players will reach new levels, making questing and especially grinding for lone players or bad equipped groups a no go.

The pro players might consider this a viable solution, but those, who have to fight for any % of lvl, for who it is a real task to obtain a pri item or even something like a Liverto weapon, that solution will be the forced end to many of their efforts...

Whilst i understand where you are coming from in a sense, When you really break it down this is a game. Not only am i fine with people fighting for spots, I want people to remove emotion from it entirely. Killing someone in a game is not a moral conflict. It is a mechanic in the game. It's funny listening to all of these kids on call of duty cry on the mic when they die aswell,But should ever player be that cry baby? Remove the morality from it, Code affecting code has no morality.

Killing others does not mean judgement needs to be passed on you,That person can simply revive in town and change channel if they cannot handle the fact that the game has pvp in it,or stay at lvl 50, Now,Is that person channel hopping? Following you to town,Waiting for you to leave the town? That's different. 
At this point you are apply emotion to your actions. Because you are fostering a preconceived want to cause a impact on someone for what gain i do not know.
I will kill anyone near me. And i will hunt anyone in the spot i am currently in.(within the bounds of my spot) And i will look at you and treat you as a elite that needs to die immediately you are now part of my rotation,But if you aren't in it. I wont bother.

Does anybody of these "this spot is taken!" guys ever recognize, that some people just try to player game aswell? That it is probably the 5ths time, they switched channels or came to a spot, just to get a quest done and finding another "my spott" person?

This is does not apply in my thought process. Because i am playing the game to provide "ME" entertainment. Everyone else and their entertainment is not my first priority.Not even my 2nd.

People we only have one life. Enjoy the one you have. I am not saying run around and purposely ruin others time or lives,But think of yourself first. Then apply decency and respect after. If you think this sounds selfish you are correct. And selfish people tend to live better lives. Not every aspect of your life has to be selfish. But make sure your time is worth it.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Well, going to a spot where someone is already killing is rude. It doesnt matter that they dont "own" the spot, its just polite to respect that they were there before you...

There is enough spots for everyone on the map. There is ALWAYS spots where you wont get killed over and over again. I never lost more then 5 min time because of someone flagging on me.

Also: Why are so many people insiting on grinding to 56 on their own? Team up with someone. People completely overreact over getting killed, the effect it has on the killed person is kinda a 10m walk from the node to the next mob...griefing because of something like that is just silly and a waste of time...

Stop treating getting killed over a spot as a major offense, its at most a glare. However... actively stalking someone over an extended period of time to mess up his time spend and with no other gain for oneself... just because there wasnt a guaranteed great grindspot at arrival... thats petty at best.

Posted

I really dont understand the mindset of killing other players that you know are undergeared, unsuspecting or afk. You can say these are just pixels or whatever but someone has spent a lot of their time and effort creating that character and leveling, these aren't NPC's.

I totally understand consensual PVP, you want to compete on more or less equal ground and prove that your gear and class decisions as well as your grinding time is superior to someone else's. I mean there's red battlefield, node wars, arenas, guild wars and 1:1 dueling. I'm not sure why this isn't enough but I'm just not wired for PVP anyway. 

I don't get PK'd often but I never understand it when it happens. Almost every time it happens it's without warning, I never even saw them before the attack and there's no chat. This is an MMO where you know there's someone else behind that character, why not say something like "this spot is taken" or "I'll kill you if you don't leave because I want this spot now" or "join my guild or die".  Even if you're bullying the other player at least have the tiniest bit of politeness and say something. 

Posted

Before anyone misinterprets anything I say here I'm most likely the 'bully'/PK'er who kills 'griefers' as you title them according to your opinions.

I agree with the diminishing karma loss and hope we get such a system but I disagree with any form of entitlement to a spot, reason to not grind where you want and freedom to play as you want. If I grind in an area where someone else already is, how is that disrespecting? It's just a freaking game and you can act within its mechanics. Maybe that makes me selfish but I dislike all these terms 'karmabomber' 'griefer' 'spot taken' (especially this last one disgusts me).

If I feel there is someone that disrupts my gameplay, I act in the games limitations and just kill them, this includes wiping out whole parties. No 'warning', no comment at all. If they come back I kill them again and if the surroundings give me the feeling I'm ready to go negative I will do so too. If I'm at a point around 0 or in the negatives and at one point feel it's an amount I see myself not farming back in a relatively quick time, I'll just switch my spot or channel. It's what I can do as long as the game is as it is, but I think the diminishing karma loss would be a healthy change for the game because it will be a testimon to a player's ability to zone someone out of a certain area by repeatedly overpowering another player.

Posted

I really dont understand the mindset of killing other players that you know are undergeared, unsuspecting or afk. You can say these are just pixels or whatever but someone has spent a lot of their time and effort creating that character and leveling, these aren't NPC's.

I totally understand consensual PVP, you want to compete on more or less equal ground and prove that your gear and class decisions as well as your grinding time is superior to someone else's. I mean there's red battlefield, node wars, arenas, guild wars and 1:1 dueling. I'm not sure why this isn't enough but I'm just not wired for PVP anyway. 

I don't get PK'd often but I never understand it when it happens. Almost every time it happens it's without warning, I never even saw them before the attack and there's no chat. This is an MMO where you know there's someone else behind that character, why not say something like "this spot is taken" or "I'll kill you if you don't leave because I want this spot now" or "join my guild or die".  Even if you're bullying the other player at least have the tiniest bit of politeness and say something. 

Killing someone afk out of mischief is a completely different thing then flagging on someone in a contested grind spot.

Dont view it as a personal attack on you because your character got flagged uppon. If that happens once by one guy, its really just a glare at you, nothing else. Its practically a rude way of saying "spot taken". That costs the flagger Karma and the killed one: Nothing!

As long as another player isnt actively stalking you to kill you over and over again, there is absolutely no harm done to you. Its rude sure, but nothing to get worked up at. Its his karma he uneccesarily lost because he didnt feel like typing 3 words. ;)

Posted

Hello! 

Game is open world pvp we know and so these players are not breaking the rules even if we kill somebody afk, they should be in a safe zone.. that's just how the game works, we are all aware we can be killed in combat zones. If you don't want to lose karma to the griefers then war the guilds. If they get guild protection, disaster. 

I have one fix to this though..

Perma red. 

Can't karma grief dis. 

Source: I am perma red. Also makes the game more interesting. Get balls and join the negative karma anti-karma griefers in mui quun! There is a reason why players don't straight up attack me when they see that I am red. Sorry karma griefers, people are becoming more aware. 

xo. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ignore Ronnie, he posts the same nonsense over and over. He cares nothing about respecting someone else's grind. He in light is the problem, he just says it nicer than other people.

Posted

[...]I want people to remove emotion from it entirely.[...]

This will NEVER happen. Human attach emotion to what they enjoy by default. Asking for it not to happen would involve remodelling human psyche.

I remember that the part of the brain they supposedly found that generated that emotion is defective in sociopathic people with no empathy.

2 people like this

Posted

1. PK anyone in your way,

2. They come to the boards and whine about it leaving the camp to you.

3. win

Easy

Posted

Before anyone misinterprets anything I say here I'm most likely the 'bully'/PK'er who kills 'griefers' as you title them according to your opinions.

I agree with the diminishing karma loss and hope we get such a system but I disagree with any form of entitlement to a spot, reason to not grind where you want and freedom to play as you want. If I grind in an area where someone else already is, how is that disrespecting? It's just a freaking game and you can act within its mechanics. Maybe that makes me selfish but I dislike all these terms 'karmabomber' 'griefer' 'spot taken' (especially this last one disgusts me).

If I feel there is someone that disrupts my gameplay, I act in the games limitations and just kill them, this includes wiping out whole parties. No 'warning', no comment at all. If they come back I kill them again and if the surroundings give me the feeling I'm ready to go negative I will do so too. If I'm at a point around 0 or in the negatives and at one point feel it's an amount I see myself not farming back in a relatively quick time, I'll just switch my spot or channel. It's what I can do as long as the game is as it is, but I think the diminishing karma loss would be a healthy change for the game because it will be a testimon to a player's ability to zone someone out of a certain area by repeatedly overpowering another player.

Aren't you feeling entitled to a spot if you come and take it from someone?  Aren't you saying, I should have this more than you, without the words?  If you think there is a possibility that you are acting selfishly, don't you think over people can read that as disrespectful?  And yes, this is an MMO, so by all means do what the game allows you to.  However, unlike what that other goon was saying, there are real people on the other end of the game, we aren't just pixels in a game.  If that's what you want, then pick up a single player game.  MMO's are built all around interactions with others, so of course there is going to be emotion involved on some level, it's intended.  The interactions in this game are just the same as in real life, some people aren't going to care about others and some are going to take them into consideration.

Posted (edited)

Forum taken, stfu <-> mentality of "sput taken' players.

Edited by Morwath

Posted

Forum taken, stfu <-> mentality of "sput taken' players.

Proof that my system works.