• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

191 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Proof that my system works.

While I happen to often change channels when people ask me to do so, even if I was first... but well... when some random jumps in with "sput taken" or just randomly silently attacks me I will just sit on "his spot" until he leaves (cuz why not?), even if I was just passing by not interested in "his spot"... 

Edited by Morwath

Posted

I was on a Spot for hours and everytime a player or more did come in i let them know: "Hey, i just have x% left for my level and absolutly nothing you will do, will get me to leave that spot. So pretty please let me be." Was like 2% at that time or something like that. Worked like a charme, most of the players wished me luck. But then came one that wouldnt leave and he flagged and we fought. I won the first time, but he came back and killed me a few times after that. But i was really really crazed out after a long, long grinding WE and soooooo near that level up so i didnt leave and just pulled my rotation.

Soo.. he called me a f**** Karmabomber. Guess i was. But i did kinda warn him? OfC i could just have changed channels, but just as easly he could have. i dont really know and at that moment i just really didnt care. He left before he went red so i guess my "Karmabombing" won. Do i feel like i did grief him? Not really to be honest. I warned him.

2 people like this

Posted

How is repeatedly killing another player ok but that player repeatedly respawning/returning not ok? Both utilise the game mechanics. 

Just because one side of the argument doesn't benefit or has a negative impact on a player doesn't make it wrong. I'm a courteous player, even going so far as to hop channels even if I was in an area first because personally the time spent dealing with other players ks'ing/returning/respawning in an area isn't worth it for me. If I can't find a decent spot in Valencia then I go and lifeskill for awhile but if someone jumps me, you bet I'll utilise those free ET's Kakao is so fond of handing out. I don't really care what label that places on me, I play my way, you play yours and as long as they are both within the ToS then goodluck to you.

Posted

My spot/My mobs / My rotation what ever there should be a consequence for some di_ck whos is getting killed x times in a row ... if not experiance loss then respawn timer

from ZERO seconds to XX MINUTES depends how many times he has been killed.

End of story.

nothing is yours.  Learn to share or get bombed.  Your choice

Posted (edited)

The hilarious thing about all this is people are often times literally griefing themselves.  

A) Learn to Share

B) Change Spots

C) Change Channels

D) Quit, as you won't be missed as you clearly only care about yourself and not the community anyways

The Karma system is not perfect.  The ONLY solution is creating limited Karma penalty "PvP channels.  However, you all cried (before the XP loss changes) that it would "split" the community to have PvP/PvE focused channels.  You need to live with your mistake and accept the current Karma system or beg PA to actually make separate channels despite "splitting the community" nonsense.

I'm sure there are a very small handful of people who are maliciously trying to grief others.  Just like there are the idiots who think it is fun to dunk afk fishers or knock off afk horse trainers.  In fact, I bet a fair number are the same people doing all of that.  There will always be jack@#$@ no matter what - deal with it.

Edited by bdomanos
1 person likes this

Posted

The Karma system is not perfect.  The ONLY solution is creating limited Karma penalty "PvP channels.

I think there are more solutions than that.

Instead of whole channels, a few PvP zones would work too, that have increased drops/silver. There should be no quests or any other reason that a player would need to go there, if he doesn't want to PvP.

Nobody would have excuses then anymore. The griefers could just pick other, sub-optimal, spots, and the griefed would have no excuse anymore to still hang around in Sausan, competing with lv50s.

Posted

nothing is yours.  Learn to share or get bombed.  Your choice

You cant share a rotation once your party is full ... .you cant inv more than 5 ppl in it.

And what will you do if one dude comes to grief you .-... whole party will eventually break.

So why would a PVE grifer come to a spot and get away with it while I can only get punished for killing him.

PS  can't wait to see rework on PVPing and karma ... CAN'T WAIT!

Posted

You forgot Situation C the most common one by far:

Player1: Hello, this spot is taken. (Been at the same rotation for 2 hours)

Player2: I'm taking it, leave or PK

Player1: No I'm staying

"Player2 has killed Player1 unfairly"

Player2 (World Chat): BOOOHOOO theres a griefer karma bombing me here, -----ing griefers fix this stupid game so unfair whine whine

1 person likes this

Posted

There's really no good solution for this, the only way i'd even think about fixing this would be allow every guild to be deced on. and further incentivize players to join guilds.

even that's not perfect though, there's no real easy solution.

1 person likes this

Posted

An XP loss debuff is good. Once you get killed by a flagged player, you are then subject to experience loss and crystal breakage upon death by that SAME player for like 20 minutes or something. You can kill people off the rotation and then they have something to lose. You could also make it that the debuff is removed if you manage to kill the player who killed you. 

Posted

An XP loss debuff is good. Once you get killed by a flagged player, you are then subject to experience loss and crystal breakage upon death by that SAME player for like 20 minutes or something. You can kill people off the rotation and then they have something to lose. You could also make it that the debuff is removed if you manage to kill the player who killed you. 

Whenever I read something like this, I wish it was implemented and had full PEN gear, to track your ass down via Velia NPC all day and make you lose all your XP and crystals, constantly. Basically being able to completely stop you from the game and make you quit. You say, that's the situations that you want?

Posted

Whenever I read something like this, I wish it was implemented and had full PEN gear, to track your ass down via Velia NPC all day and make you lose all your XP and crystals, constantly. Basically being able to completely stop you from the game and make you quit. You say, that's the situations that you want?

How does that even realistically happen? There are like 36 channels you can go to. That NPC only works on same channel.

And technically that type of behavior is bannable per the TOS

There needs to be loss associated with being a griefer.

Posted (edited)

How does that even realistically happen? There are like 36 channels you can go to. That NPC only works on same channel.

And technically that type of behavior is bannable per the TOS

There needs to be loss associated with being a griefer.

I (theroretically) would be in a guild that makes fun of that, so plenty of channels. You can only switch every 15 minutes yourself. Of course just doing what's a normal feature of the game.

The velia NPC has no other sense than tracking players against their will. Otherwise you could just ask them where they are.

Repeated killing is just what you suggested. Only in your case it was in your favor, and in my "story" it was against your favor. One is bannable for you, the other not, that should give you something to think about.

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted

I (theroretically) would be in a guild that makes fun of that. Of course just doing what's a normal feature of the game.

The velia NPC has no other sense than tracking players against their will. Otherwise you could just ask them where they are.

Repeated killing is just what you suggested. Only in your case it was in your favor, and in my "story" it was against your favor. One is bannable for you, the other not, that should give you something to think about.

what?

Posted

what?

what?

Posted

Out grind them and they will leave... Or if you can't outgrind them, then you leave... Iv never been karma bombed , but I also don't pk people... I have been pkd over and over while I was already grinding.. Then that person leaves once they realize I'm not engaging with them.. Or if its a whole guild that takes my spot I just leave... It hasnt been too much of end issue . I find it rather easy to find groups at pirates .. And I don't know of any other spot exp and money wise worth even going to let alone fighting over

Posted

Out grind them and they will leave... Or if you can't outgrind them, then you leave... Iv never been karma bombed , but I also don't pk people... I have been pkd over and over while I was already grinding.. Then that person leaves once they realize I'm not engaging with them.. Or if its a whole guild that takes my spot I just leave... It hasnt been too much of end issue . I find it rather easy to find groups at pirates .. And I don't know of any other spot exp and money wise worth even going to let alone fighting over

Once again, another person who does not realize that each class does not grind the same speed. Since I have to explain this over and over again, I will lay it out so the average thing can understand. A witch can and will outfarm a maehwa even if said witch has a lot less AP. Why is that? For starters, they have ranged attacks compared to a melee class. Then the witch could have adders onto skills for PvE only whereas the maehwa in this situation only uses PvP adders because they actually do node/territory wars. In this situation, a witch will grind faster than a maehwa. What happens if they were to fight each other? The witch in this situation would get dumped on. NOT ALL CLASSES KILL MOBS AT THE SAME SPEED. 

Posted

Ah yes, so people can kill level 56s and make them lose all their exp... Seems fair, right?

SO heavily exploitable.

Posted (edited)

You forgot Situation C the most common one by far:

Player1: Hello, this spot is taken. (Been at the same rotation for 2 hours)

Player2: I'm taking it, leave or PK

Player1: No I'm staying

Player2 (World Chat): BOOOHOOO theres a griefer karma bombing me here, -----ing griefers fix this stupid game so unfair whine whine

That is the most common.

Additionally, don't underestimate people stupidity.  People often randomly pk'd parties at Sausan.  They would instantly drain all their Karma and just leave afterwards.  This is not an isolated incident either.

People like to claim "there is no penalty" yet people are being slaughtered constantly.

It means if they did bring back penalties it would just go back to being abused for all the wrong reasons.

Ah yes, so people can kill level 56s and make them lose all their exp... Seems fair, right?

SO heavily exploitable.

Exploitable how.......... I would just run through targeting lower level and weakly geared players.  While I sit at 0% exp so I can never lose any and use gear without crystals.

How is that unfair?

Edited by feebleone

Posted

That is the most common.

Additionally, don't underestimate people stupidity.  People often randomly pk'd parties at Sausan.  They would instantly drain all their Karma and just leave afterwards.  This is not an isolated incident either.

People like to claim "there is no penalty" yet people are being slaughtered constantly.

It means if they did bring back penalties it would just go back to being abused for all the wrong reasons.

Exploitable how.......... I would just run through targeting lower level and weakly geared players.  While I sit at 0% exp so I can never lose any and use gear without crystals.

How is that unfair?

Exactly :^)

Posted

Lol.  Hilarious that the overgeared one percenters are whining that THEY are getting griefed when they initiate the violence and oppression against lower level players.  What a victim complex and level of selfishness they exhibit!  Get better at grinding, be polite and request people respect your rotations and learning to share will solve all of this so called griefing.

Once again, another person who does not realize that each class does not grind the same speed. Since I have to explain this over and over again, I will lay it out so the average thing can understand. A witch can and will outfarm a maehwa even if said witch has a lot less AP. Why is that? For starters, they have ranged attacks compared to a melee class. Then the witch could have adders onto skills for PvE only whereas the maehwa in this situation only uses PvP adders because they actually do node/territory wars. In this situation, a witch will grind faster than a maehwa. What happens if they were to fight each other? The witch in this situation would get dumped on. NOT ALL CLASSES KILL MOBS AT THE SAME SPEED. 

then git gud!

1 person likes this

Posted

then channel change... Magic by defualt should be better then no magic.. If you can't out farm.. Move along.. We have times that we simply must chanel change .. If we make it so people can pk over and over with no downside it would be madness ..again iv never been karma bombed cuzz when someone -----s with my rotation or even pks me for it I ignore them and keep going .. Most of the time they leave in about 5-10 mins unless its a guild of them takein a spot... The real fix to this "issue" would be them making the desert better then pirates for exp and money.. Just like 10-20% better so that we have more options ... As is .. Unless you grindng for rare loot drops in an area ... There is little point to go anywhere but pirates .. And I guess if you don't wana sail.. Susanes (or how ever you spell it) ... Iv never had to chanel chnage more then 2 times after loosing a spot..  Maybe iv just been lucky.. I just dont se the big deal

Posted

then git gud!

Sure, right after you give me your guilds name

Posted

Sure, right after you give me your guilds name

come find me big boy.  I am on from 8-10:30 pacific.  Whisper Columba.

Posted

come find me big boy.  I am on from 8-10:30 pacific.  Whisper Columba.

Msg a known karma griefer...... lets see how that goes. Guild name