• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Ranger

36 posts in this topic

Posted

At the moment Ranger is garbage TIER in Nodewars and Sieges it was abit weaker before but with the latest DP buff our non-awakened form feels like shooting needles instead of arrows. Compared to other classes our awakening lacks in super armors, iframes and block. Basically we are a dead meat with no DMG

Are we getting any buffs any time soon???? cuz you know the class is pretty much useless at the moment

PS: before speaking of AP, mine is 227/231. Any other class with that AP is melting everything on its way

3 people like this

Posted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 people like this

Posted

At the moment Ranger is garbage TIER in Nodewars and Sieges it was abit weaker before but with the latest DP buff our non-awakened form feels like shooting needles instead of arrows. Compared to other classes our awakening lacks in super armors, iframes and block. Basically we are a dead meat with no DMG

Are we getting any buffs any time soon???? cuz you know the class is pretty much useless at the moment

PS: before speaking of AP, mine is 227/231. Any other class with that AP is melting everything on its way

if you cant melt a thing with that AP you gearbuild is trash.

Posted

Even if u have 240AP ur shotgun is still just a peeshooter lol, takes more than 10 shots to actually kill some1, provided that the guy just stand there and let u shoot at him

garbage balance 

3 people like this

Posted

if you cant melt a thing with that AP you gearbuild is trash.

if you actually play ranger you will know 227/231 can't melt shit as a ranger, unless you are killing some 200dp noobs.

1 person likes this

Posted

ya bow is pretty garbage damage. descending current is nice for node wars at least 

Awakened stuff hits hard tho. Rushing wind, nature's tremble and regeneration are solid dmg. At ur AP waltz n breeze blade are pretty good too. 

Remember everybody: The key to playing ranger is being a complete coward. That was easy to do when you could use bow and stay at range. But now our bows don't work, and you have to be a coward while simultaneously being in melee range. Just steal kills and run away when even the slightest bit of danger is present 

Posted (edited)

ya bow is pretty garbage damage. descending current is nice for node wars at least 

Awakened stuff hits hard tho. Rushing wind, nature's tremble and regeneration are solid dmg. At ur AP waltz n breeze blade are pretty good too. 

Remember everybody: The key to playing ranger is being a complete coward. That was easy to do when you could use bow and stay at range. But now our bows don't work, and you have to be a coward while simultaneously being in melee range. Just steal kills and run away when even the slightest bit of danger is present 

well you know .. other classes are able to get into 3 ppl do some dmg and get out while we are being cought trough iframe and superarmor cuz they do some changes at breezy blade and rushing wind. And it is not confirmed if those changes were intentional or not

Edited by d00mR

Posted

well you know .. other classes are able to get into 3 ppl do some dmg and get out while we are being cought trough iframe and superarmor cuz they do some changes at breezy blade and rushing wind. And it is not confirmed if those changes were intentional or not

ya other classes are manly and not cowards. Ranger is the coward's class. You just have to check your pride and realize you are playing a little ----- class. Embrace it. Own it. 

Our thighs jiggle. 

It makes it all worth it 

1 person likes this

Posted

Rangers are the worst class in BDO. They hit like little girls and consume more mana potions than all classes combined.  You have to pull out your credit card (weight) just to play the class due to mana pot weight.

Posted

Rangers are the worst class in BDO. They hit like little girls and consume more mana potions than all classes combined.  You have to pull out your credit card (weight) just to play the class due to mana pot weight.

You clearly havent played Kunoichi if you think Rangers are the worst class.

Posted

ranger is best waifu tho

1) Ranger - Best waifu - wood nymph tier

2) Valk - pure nun/ girl paladin tier

3) Tamer - loli tier

4) Maehwa - honorabru /samurai / imperial tier

5) Kuno - qt shinobi tier

6) Dark Knight - high goth tier; elf bonus points

7) Sorc - low tier goth

8) Witch - magical girl but fujoshi? wtf? Worst Waifu 

6 people like this

Posted

A complete coward that can't kill shit

Seriously being a coward is DK's job, ranger's job is to go in and die

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

A complete coward that can't kill shit

Seriously being a coward is DK's job, ranger's job is to go in and die

Of course rangers can kill shit! Any TRUE coward can kill shit. To play ranger is to master the art of stealing killings and general dishonorable game play. Your pal got someone to 5% HP? Swoop in n secure the last hit! Never 1v1 when you can 2v1. is it a 2v2? Let them kill your pal while you stab them in the back! 3v2? Run away n let ur pal die! You are probably faster than your pal and some battles can't be won.

Edited by Dremlock
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You clearly havent played Kunoichi if you think Rangers are the worst class.

That's true, I have not. But ion KR both Kuno and Ranger just got a bit of a push. Not sure how effective it is tho. I did not recognize the Ranger ability that they increased Wednesday. Red something? 

Edit:

【Ranger 

● Explanation of the right blade technology has been corrected.

- Added PvP damage reduction text

● Corrected the description of the blade technology is unmatched.

Skill level

Before revision

After revision

I

Red Gravity + 2%

Enemy Gravity + 5%

II

Red Gravity + 3%

Red Gravity + 7%

III

Red Gravity + 4%

Red Gravity + 9%

IV

Enemy Gravity + 5%

Red Gravity + 11%

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/update/read?articleId=460&bbsId=BDN002&pageIndex=1

Edited by Stabby

Posted

Of course rangers can kill shit! Any TRUE coward can kill shit. To play ranger is to master the art of stealing killings and general dishonorable game play. Your pal got someone to 5% HP? Swoop in n secure the last hit! Never 1v1 when you can 2v1. is it a 2v2? Let them kill your pal while you stab them in the back! 3v2? Run away n let ur pal die! You are probably faster than your pal and some battles can't be won.

LOL

Yeah that's what I do during siege, I only jump in when I see my Zerk buddy grabs on some1, I keep running in circles when nobody does the CC for me

Posted (edited)

the opposite is warrior. You can be a complete rock eating idiot and play warrior. Just jump right into the middle of a giant cluster ----- and spam your idiot abilities with your idiot buffs on and still do fine. Completely ungraceful. The antithesis of ranger. 

Edited by Dremlock
2 people like this

Posted

But rangers are like middle of the pack. Not the worst :/

Posted

I have a friend that mained a Ranger for a long time.

I never seen him have any problems but i'll ask him today about this :>

Posted

Ranger for life. But if you actually play the class and then level other classes you will be tempted to switch. I suggest that if you have not played Ranger you do so and see if you have the opposite reaction- i.e no way am I switching to this pot eating under powered class.

I have a level 57 Ranger and a level 56 DK. Ranger is in all TRI gear. DK in DUO and only a +13 Awakening. DK wipes mobs the Ranger takes time to kill, And the DK never needs pots. I know other Rangers have similar stories with other classes- have heard Witch and Sorc in particular. 

Posted

That's true, I have not. But ion KR both Kuno and Ranger just got a bit of a push. Not sure how effective it is tho. I did not recognize the Ranger ability that they increased Wednesday. Red something? 
Edit:

【Ranger 

Skill level

Before revision

After revision

I

Red Gravity + 2%

Enemy Gravity + 5%

II

Red Gravity + 3%

Red Gravity + 7%

III

Red Gravity + 4%

Red Gravity + 9%

IV

Enemy Gravity + 5%

Red Gravity + 11%

http://bbs.black.game.daum.net/gaia/do/black/update/read?articleId=460&bbsId=BDN002&pageIndex=1

That is Cold Blade and it only got a small Accuracy buff, basically worthless.

Posted

So does this mean that whole thread on AP equalization in PvE is untrue? According to that thread 169Ap or 269AP makes almost no difference to damage mobs take.

Posted

That is Cold Blade and it only got a small Accuracy buff, basically worthless.

hmm what a strange change. I wonder what the reasoning behind it was. I feel like rangers don't even use coldblade. I guess they are trying to encourage people to use it to stun chain? 

An accuracy buff would help for that. I guess the only way to make such a niche ability viable is for it to have an almost guaranteed hit chance. 

Posted (edited)

Edit:

【Ranger 

Skill level

Before revision

After revision

I

Red Gravity + 2%

Enemy Gravity + 5%

II

Red Gravity + 3%

Red Gravity + 7%

III

Red Gravity + 4%

Red Gravity + 9%

IV

Enemy Gravity + 5%

Red Gravity + 11%

cold blade, a pve skill that everybody leave at level 1 after reaching level 60-61. does the same amount of damage as 1 shotgun.

also they didn't increase the damage or anything, a buff of accuracy for a skill nobody uses, not even a damage buff, lmfao.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted (edited)

Cold Blade? Are they trying to troll people lol. That's kinda sad, but gotta agree that ranger isn't really that good at the moment. You can easily find other classes which will out perform you in both small scale and large scale PvP. Bow skills are literally the most useless skill tree in this game, but atleast sometimes we can stay in back line and pretend that we are being useful by spamming shotgun, descending current and blasting gust during node war/siege. Only thing that feels good with ranger is picking up 1v1 kills during siege, grabbing zerk/wiz when they are trying to ult your guild(if it doesn't desync and you die right after) etc.

Overall it's still a "okay" class I guess.   

Edited by Tulpa

Posted

Can never beat the wiz/witches. FeelsRangerMan. 

Nc7T0nm.png