• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Server merge was a bad idea -.-

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay so, who in here actually have more fun now after the server merge? The game, especially the servers have some major problems since the server merge. A lot of grind spots, especially during the weekends at Sausan / Pirates are crowded mainly because there isn't a lot of servers in BDO. Yes I know they add more servers but what I mean by not a lot of servers is the fact that 1/3 of the servers don't work properly so players tend to avoid those servers which makes competition for everything a lot harder and more frustrating. If node wars starts, the server is again cut. This makes it very hard to find a good grind spot and this argument that you can grind somewhere else does not work since the requirement also increases. Yes go grind at Pila Ku jail with 220+ DP, good idea.

Seriously though, it hasn't fixed anything. The only reason as to why they do these servers merge is to make node wars are more competitive! Yeah sure. But also a lot more buggy. I actually preferred node wars prior to the server merge beaus I like the 2 or 3 guilds per node wars instead of these cluster 4-7 guilds and above guilds trying to win in under the time limit; type of node wars that is nothing but frustration because 20 fps on optimized mode, server lagging left and right, your entire screen all clustered with wizard pressing 2 buttons and unknowingly kill 5 people, random loading screen that puts you back to your previous location and the list just goes on and on! 

Also, I find that people are much more rude now. Maybe its just Edan folks but I never experience such rudeness to an extreme till after the merge.

Edited by Gumo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I miss Edan. :(

Edan Eternal.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken
3 people like this

Posted

grinding spots are crowded are because of the new comers, not because of server merge.

the merge just destoryed the market place for pearl items, thats all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Node wars were dead premerge. On Uno there were plenty of open nodes every week which was dumb.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh, I feel like the hype is dying after merge. I see guild mates quitting, friends leaving, famous people dissapearing. Even now I feel like it's getting less fun everyday, since other people I used to hang out with are "dying". I really miss the days before merge. It was ok right after the merge, but days after that it just went downhill. Maybe it wont feel the same for you guys if you haven't been here since beta, but nowadays I just log in to collect rewards and chatting with random people. Besides, there have been a lot of "bad" side effects since merge such as server problems, marketplace bidding etc. Well, this is just my opinion tho.

Posted

Tbh, I feel like the hype is dying after merge. I see guild mates quitting, friends leaving, famous people dissapearing. Even now I feel like it's getting less fun everyday, since other people I used to hang out with are "dying". I really miss the days before merge. It was ok right after the merge, but days after that it just went downhill. Maybe it wont feel the same for you guys if you haven't been here since beta, but nowadays I just log in to collect rewards and chatting with random people. Besides, there have been a lot of "bad" side effects since merge such as server problems, marketplace bidding etc. Well, this is just my opinion tho.

I have been here since beta and I can say that I have been having a totally different experience than you. The only issue I have right now, is the horrible lag most of us are experiencing. I play everyday, my guild is full and its an extra large. 1 quits another joins right away. I have plenty of things to do and a lot of guild quests to complete. This is also my own opinion based on my own experience. I just hope they fix these server issues before the next big update, witch is right around the corner.

3 people like this

Posted

I personally don't have the EXACT same situation as you, but 2 of my better friends in the game kinda do feel the same way as you, and I am now being influenced by that and its becoming less fun. I don't know what if anything I can do to keep them interested in the game lol.

Posted

cry more pleb

Posted

cry more pleb

Is that Russian?

Posted

I think i just miss the community aspect of the smaller servers. I don't really care about it on the bigger ones.

5 people like this

Posted

Without merge some guilds would have died cause of boredom. Anyway, BDO is currently a quite successful game in both EU/NA, so it's clearly gonna have crowded grind spots etc. The amount of new comers is huge as you can see the Olvia channels are very often crowded or even overrun. 

Personally I don't see anything negative about the merge. It was a good decision. 

Posted

I miss the atmosphere from pre-server merge. It's good that the game is thriving but if I had the option to go back to Uno, I would. It seems Edan was the only server whose guilds mostly survived after merge... Uno was a much friendlier place.

I can agree that node wars were pretty dead back then but now we have the opposite problem where nodes are too packed. And they shortened our node war time in top of that? 7 guilds on a T1 node--it's impossible to take down every fort in 2 hours unless you're some super force. In its current state, I'd rather have pre-server merge node wars instead because at the least, any guild was able to get a node.

I can also agree that server merge basically destroyed the market. There used to be hards and sharps that would sit in the market, it was possible to snipe pearl items (I regret not sniping more value packs back then--I'm down to 1 now).

But I think the lag is the most major issue since server merge. I used to be able to play the game and do node wars in medium settings but now I have to resort to optimized settings a lot to even do node wars at all. The servers really took a dump after the merge. Though I'm not sure if it's due to too many players or just the fact that the game keeps adding more and more content that they're not optimizing for.

1 person likes this

Posted

... Anyway, BDO is currently a quite successful game in both EU/NA, ...

Cheap game - more players.  More players  - cheap foods for "older pro pvp" players. :D

Posted

The only thing I don't like, that is a result of the merge, is that it's a bit harder to obtain pearl items off the market.  I also miss Uno server.  Seems to me that people on that server were much nicer than what I experienced after the server merge.

2 people like this

Posted

The only thing I don't like, that is a result of the merge, is that it's a bit harder to obtain pearl items off the market.  I also miss Uno server.  Seems to me that people on that server were much nicer than what I experienced after the server merge.

yeah, pearl items were easier to get before the server and market change.

also uno was known for being a free farm server (no pvp contests)

Posted

I miss the atmosphere from pre-server merge. It's good that the game is thriving but if I had the option to go back to Uno, I would. It seems Edan was the only server whose guilds mostly survived after merge... Uno was a much friendlier place.

I can agree that node wars were pretty dead back then but now we have the opposite problem where nodes are too packed. And they shortened our node war time in top of that? 7 guilds on a T1 node--it's impossible to take down every fort in 2 hours unless you're some super force. In its current state, I'd rather have pre-server merge node wars instead because at the least, any guild was able to get a node.

I can also agree that server merge basically destroyed the market. There used to be hards and sharps that would sit in the market, it was possible to snipe pearl items (I regret not sniping more value packs back then--I'm down to 1 now).

But I think the lag is the most major issue since server merge. I used to be able to play the game and do node wars in medium settings but now I have to resort to optimized settings a lot to even do node wars at all. The servers really took a dump after the merge. Though I'm not sure if it's due to too many players or just the fact that the game keeps adding more and more content that they're not optimizing for.

No offense, but thats because the other servers were dead.

Posted

I want more competition at the top to watch.

Seems like Lacari needs an enemy but that's just my uninformed opinion. 

Changing the rules for siege to make them more competitve might shake it up too.

Posted

No offense, but thats because the other servers were dead.

I wouldn't necessarily say the other servers were dead (I don't really know anything about Orwen though) but I'd say Edan was definitely the most packed. It also definitely shows in NA's current atmosphere that Edan was home to more competitive players (the only major force back in Uno was Barcode but otherwise it was basically a pretty casual server) since the playerbase feels a lot more competitive now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sieges are kind of dead but you can deny that server merges increased node war participation, got like 7 people on t1s

Posted

I personally don't have the EXACT same situation as you, but 2 of my better friends in the game kinda do feel the same way as you, and I am now being influenced by that and its becoming less fun. I don't know what if anything I can do to keep them interested in the game lol.

I had 2 friends who are a lot inactive atm, and it puts me off the spot, but I met a lot of new nice people online that I have fun with when I log in. It's just that you don't have the same excitement as before when everyone just logged in and there was like a party everyday. Now it's kinda afk most of the time for me :S

Posted

You have burnt out.

Ive been here since beta.

New areas constantly coming out.  3 new classes in 6 months time.... 

The only thing thats negative for me is the lag, probably the same with most other people.

Posted (edited)

LOL, before the merge Edan MP use to have dozens of costumes its actually funny, theres so much that people had to post the costumes at low prices for others to buy; obviously not anymore.

This is prior to the merge
Black_Desert_Online_costume.thumb.JPG.b9
The population rose up exponentially after merge and its a bad idea because you cant grind? lol, that sounds like a personal problem and one can argue unrelated to the merge. 
Heck when I go to pirates, 9/10, no 19/20 I find a grind party easily and/or have spots to grind on even solo mode. Also, I havent upgraded my gear for 4 months now and i have still been decently competitive when it comes to grinding (Anecdote? nope. visit pirates, and asks the main rotation for a room and if they do, theyll invite you). 

The only thing bad about the merge is lag, because the game has become so successful that each channels crowded.

If you were hoping for a solo game, I suggest Skyrim, that you can grind anywhere you want without competition from other players.

To sum up what I said There is only 1 thing bad about the merge, and that is lag from overpopulation. Although your last point :D , about rudeness... thats a 60% maybe probability of who the rude 1s are :D   

Experience of the server: Been playing BDO since 2015 (KR) and conquerors headstart :D  

Edited by XLucaX
1 person likes this

Posted

Just out of curiosity, since I wasn't playing this game before the server merge... I can't help but think that the ability to obtain pearl items would balance out. ie.. prior to server merge, granted each server had fewer players to contend with when trying to bid on an item. But at the same time, wouldn't that also result in less players on each server listing those items? So there were less opportunities to even get to bid?

Just curious. Honest question.

Posted

sure, my grind spots are full to the point i barely grind anymore 

but ive met some rad dudes from other servers, i wouldnt go back in a hurry 

Posted

Black_Desert_Online_costume.JPG.763d5314

Man. This needs to be a thing again. Now its so hard to get costumes. You have to basically babysit the MP now.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0