• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sorc Vs Wizard

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How do they Compare?

Ranged AOE:

Sorc: 1 Main Skill - Requires 10 Frag - Slow casting - easy to avoid, slow recharge

Wizard: Every single skill is as good as the Sorc's best AOE attack.  Unlimited mana.  Short cast time.  Zero recharge (Infinitely cast by simply rotating skills)

Mobility:

Each class runs at nearly the same speed, both have a teleport which adds run speed buff, same distance.  Each has minor run speed boosts (A tie)

Healing:

Sorc: Minor healing through melee skill

Wizard: Superior heal Skill

Mana resource:

Sorc: Not much issue, needs high Stamina. Above Par overall

Wizard: God mode, perfect, hack.  Can never run out of mana even during infinite spam.

Support Buffs

Sorc: Basically None

Wizard: Very powerful group buff

Competition/Kill Stealing/Defending vs Karma bombers

Sorc: Avg

Wizard: YOU WIN

Accuracy Boost:

Sorc: Not much

Wizard: Nearly every skill

Debuffs/Slow

Sorc: Weak.  Spin to win can knock down opponents though.

Wizard: Nearly every skill has a built in slow/debuff

Conclusion.  They are basically the same if you exclude the fact that Wizard is superior in nearly everything.

Edited by feebleone

Posted (edited)

no.

sorc is still good. you just suck at your class, go watch csn and how he plays sorc.

Edited by GamePois0n
1 person likes this

Posted

no.

sorc is still good. you just suck at your class, go watch CSN.

You wouldn't like it when my Sorc runs into your area and just claims it, but you REALLY WONT LIKE MY WIZARD DOING IT ;)

Posted

You wouldn't like it when my Sorc runs into your area and just claims it, but you REALLY WONT LIKE MY WIZARD DOING IT ;)

actually its the other way around, at higher ap, when both class 1 shot, sorc have the advantage of mobility with the combo'ing movement.

1 person likes this

Posted

This entire thread is yet another poorly disguised complaint about wizards .-.

While I agree with you, this thread accomplishes nothing. I get that you want to vent though.

Sorcs are at the top of A tier. Its fine brother. Relax a little.

Posted

the only time when wizard,witch shine is in aakman group grind, gvg, rbf.

Posted

This entire thread is yet another poorly disguised complaint about wizards .-.

While I agree with you, this thread accomplishes nothing. I get that you want to vent though.

More Info/Reality that complaint.

I am taking advantage of / abusing the OP of Witch/Wizard.

However, MY LOGIC AND GOD LIKE ANALYSIS ALLOWS ME TO:

BOTH PLAY THE CLASS

AND

RECOGNIZE IT'S BROKENLY OP

actually its the other way around, at higher ap, when both class 1 shot, sorc have the advantage of mobility with the combo'ing movement.

WRONG:

Until they make changes to Sorc's main abilities (Awakening for main) it's totally inferior.

All main skills like Doom are obsolete at 60+.

Violation requires you to physically be in range which isn't that competitive with ranged classes.  (Even with BDO's somewhat short range)

They don't really get much advantage in movement if any.

When it comes to larger spawns (Sausan main, Pirates) the Sorc can't kill 20+ mob packs as easily, and again melee range.

Posted

More Info/Reality that complaint.

I am taking advantage of / abusing the OP of Witch/Wizard.

However, MY LOGIC AND GOD LIKE ANALYSIS ALLOWS ME TO:

BOTH PLAY THE CLASS

AND

RECOGNIZE IT'S BROKENLY OP

WRONG:

Until they make changes to Sorc's main abilities (Awakening for main) it's totally inferior.

Violation requires you to physically be in range which isn't that competitive with ranged classes.  (Even with BDO's somewhat short range)

When it comes to larger spawns (Sausan main, Pirates) the Sorc can't kill 20+ mob packs as easily, and again melee range.

not only that your ap is trash, but you also don't want to learn to play your class, it's easy to tell because

"all main skills like doom are obsolete at 60+" you use dream of doom to regen mana in pve and cc in pvp, you are suppose to catch people off their super armor with dream of doom.

"even with bdo's somewhat short range", lmfao everything in this game is close ranged, if u say witch/wizard pvp at range you are retarded. because sorc have a gap closer much like wizards'

"they dont really get much advantage in movement", yes they do, not only they do, the movements are also iframes, if your stamina is high enough you can combo like 3 times with your movements.

"sorc can't kill 20+ mobs packs easily" at sausan, all you need is use violation 3 times and you can kill all the mobs at the first group in main rotation, given your ap is high enough that you can kill more than 8 per spin (kills more than 8 before skill finish)

Posted (edited)

not only that your ap is trash, but you also don't want to learn to play your class, it's easy to tell because

"all main skills like doom are obsolete at 60+" you use dream of doom to regen mana in pve and cc in pvp, you are suppose to catch people off their super armor with dream of doom.

"even with bdo's somewhat short range", lmfao everything in this game is close ranged, if u say witch/wizard pvp at range you are retarded. because sorc have a gap closer much like wizards'

"they dont really get much advantage in movement", yes they do, not only they do, the movements are also iframes, if your stamina is high enough you can combo like 3 times with your movements.

"sorc can't kill 20+ mobs packs easily" at sausan, all you need is use violation 3 times and you can kill all the mobs at the first group in main rotation, given your ap is high enough that you can kill more than 8 per spin (kills more than 8 before skill finish)

Those do not apply to PVE.

Even with the recent increase to main skills Doom is not worth using in PVE.

"Competing" for spawn is about milliseconds.  You don't have time to spin 3 times to kill everything.  The wizard already killed half the mobs by the time your in melee range.

5000 AP won't fix that. 

Edited by feebleone

Posted

"Competing" for spawn is about milliseconds.  You don't have time to spin 3 times to kill everything.  The wizard already killed half the mobs by the time you reach the mobs.

5000 AP won't fix that. 

lmfao, "wizard already killed half the mobs by the time you reach the mobs"

again, its the other way around. by the time wizards wobble over to you the mobs are already dead. also, again dream of doom is good for both pve and pvp.

Posted

How do they Compare?

Ranged AOE:

Sorc: 1 Main Skill - Requires 10 Frag - Slow casting - easy to avoid, slow recharge

Wizard: Every single skill is as good as the Sorc's best AOE attack.  Unlimited mana.  Short cast time.  Zero recharge (Infinitely cast by simply rotating skills)

Mobility:

Each class runs at nearly the same speed, both have a teleport which adds run speed buff, same distance.  Each has minor run speed boosts (A tie)

Healing:

Mana resource:

Wizard: God mode, perfect, hack.  Can never run out of mana even during infinite spam.

Support Buffs

Sorc: Basically None   Just one : In party you can increase AP in pressing Q/A

Accuracy Boost:

Debuffs/Slow

Conclusion.  They are basically the same if you exclude the fact that Wizard is superior in nearly everything.

You described pretty quickly some issues with these two classes. But sorc is still good however she is falling slowly....

You are too much alarmist for that.

Sorc uses permanently Doom, DF, Shadow eruption, bloody calamity, MS....

But, for one thing you are right we (sorc) have many useless spells and flows (awakening stance) with garbages numbers.

Not anymore 9_9 

"Competing" for spawn is about milliseconds.  You don't have time to spin 3 times to kill everything.  The wizard already killed half the mobs by the time you reach the mobs.

5000 AP won't fix that. 

Eiene is a fair example on what a sorc should have to be.

Posted (edited)

Sorc uses permanently Doom, DF, Shadow eruption, bloody calamity, MS....

But, for one thing you are right we (sorc) have many useless spells and flows (awakening stance) with garbages numbers

These skills suffer as awakening begins to suffocate them each level.  Even with a higher Main AP these skills are inferior.  Even with over 200 AP Dream can't 1 shot even lower mobs.  While every awakening skill will.

If your 56,57, etc the issue is not as glaring.

However, once you reach 60+ Awakening skills scaling simply out powers any Main Skills.

Also note that debuff will use up all of your fragments.  The best sorc skill is the AOE that uses 10.  Not only does that increase dmg, it guarantees every hit is a crit (and crit dmg can be enhanced with gems).

Edited by feebleone

Posted

for your movement comment, while sorc and wiz may have the same move range and iframe, sorc can spam it, wiz cant.

also wiz is actually a melee range class with its awakening, with its ranged cc acting like your dream of doom. also wiz doesnt get a spammable movement skill with block even on cd.

wiz is OP, we know but dont put sorc down too much.

Posted

for your movement comment, while sorc and wiz may have the same move range and iframe, sorc can spam it, wiz cant.

also wiz is actually a melee range class with its awakening, with its ranged cc acting like your dream of doom. also wiz doesnt get a spammable movement skill with block even on cd.

So I decide I want your area.

I walk up and start nuking everything.  I don't run your exact pattern.  Just enough to ruin the rotation and get a decent amount of exp/loot.

Your block, iframe, does what?  Nothing.  In fact, lets say I can kill you instantly with 1 shot.  I don't need even need to kill you once.  I simply drain your karma in 4 minutes and dare you to go red.

DONT FORGET THIS IS BDO

Posted

Contrary to what everyone think about sorc's iframe, this "iframe" consummed 300 stamina +150 with storming crow. More, they are just "invicibility" stance during iframe and NOT SA - Invincibility - SA like ninja/ DK/ kunoi / ranger. This "iframe" have approximatively 0.5 sec break period.

These skills suffer as awakening begins to suffocate them each level.  Even with a higher Main AP these skills are inferior.

If your 56,57, etc the issue is not as glaring.

However, once you reach 60+ Awakening skills scaling simply out powers any Main Skills.

Also note that debuff will use up all of your fragments.  The best sorc skill is the AOE that uses 10.  Not only does that increase dmg, it guarantees every hit is a crit (and crit dmg can be enhanced with gems).

Compared to DK/ soon Striker. I could be agree with you but in this forum "sorc complaints is a meme" so people will make fun of you especially overgeared player.

Posted

nerf tamer

Posted

1:1 Sorc > Wiz

Sorc kills Wiz in hunting area.  Wiz just leave.  Sorc takes over the spot. 

Posted

How do they Compare?

Ranged AOE:

Mobility:

Healing:

Mana resource:

Support Buffs

Sorc: Basically None

Accuracy Boost:

Debuffs/Slow

This is exactly why I main Sorc.

If i wanted everything to come easily I would play candyland or some shit. 

Also makes my ePeen erect when I DO beat a class that is supposedly "more OP" than me.

You have two options OP: GIT GUD OR REROLL WIZ

Sorc life is a hard knock(down) life

Posted (edited)

Sorc is a million times more fun and challenging with lots of intricate combination of skill use and that's all I need.

Edited by Angelioner

Posted

sorc > wizard 1v1 ez git gud

Posted

Contrary to what everyone think about sorc's iframe, this "iframe" consummed 300 stamina +150 with storming crow. More, they are just "invicibility" stance during iframe and NOT SA - Invincibility - SA like ninja/ DK/ kunoi / ranger. This "iframe" have approximatively 0.5 sec break period.

Compared to DK/ soon Striker. I could be agree with you but in this forum "sorc complaints is a meme" so people will make fun of you especially overgeared player.

You could replace nearly any class with Sorc in this scenario.

It does seem like DK being one of the newer classes is given a more full range nuke, but it's not infinite.

1:1 Sorc > Wiz

Sorc kills Wiz in hunting area.  Wiz just leave.  Sorc takes over the spot. 

That's good for about 4 minutes if your full Karma, then GAME OVER