• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Milking Cows Works on One Computer but Not the Other

24 posts in this topic

Posted

So I recently boot camped my Mac so I can play BDO on it, so I don't have to steal my partner's PC to play, as he also plays BDO. When I was using his PC, I would milk cows all the time and I would have no problem. I wouldn't fail and I would always complete the game well before the timer ran out. But now that I am on the Mac, it is a completely different story. I cannot milk cows at all on this computer. Either I fail or my timer runs out and I can only get to 75% before the timer runs out. At first I thought that maybe is was my cordless mouse, so I tried a traditional mouse, but the same thing is happening. I noticed that the little milk jar that you see in the mini game fills up super fast on the PC computer, but then when I am on the Mac it fills up very slowly. Anyone have any idea why this is? Has anyone had this problem?

It seems like the developers may need to rethink their milking mini game because it seems to have some pretty annoying flaws. 

Posted (edited)

talking about milking cows and your boyfriend at the same time...

anyway, it's probably because you are running on a virtual environment vs an actual environment so you have to consider the lag between your clicks.

Edited by GamePois0n
1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, watch out for the troll in the dungeon! Thank you for not answering my question at all. 

I have a legitimate copy of Windows on my Mac, and it is separated from the OS X portion of my computer. I even installed additional ram in the Mac to avoid lag issues. 

Posted

check with your drivers, nobody can tell whats wrong with it until u can show video of what happened.

Posted (edited)

Is your resolution higher on the Mac than on the PC?

From talking to a friend at the beginning of the game, he mentioned that he had to lower the game resolution when milking cows. He even mentioned there was a video on Youtube about it.

Let me see if I can find that.

Edit: I found it but pasted the link in at the top. :-/

I hope that helps.

Edited by AlnilamE
Added video

Posted

As far as i experienced it, my milking game always failed as my ssd broke. otherwise i never had any problem and the timer was enough to finish it.

so i asume, one of your computers performance is to low for the minigame.

Posted

Drivers are good. The processor is even higher in my Mac than the PC. Resolution is same on both computers. I have everything set to low, but I am only getting 15 FPS. I will try the very lows settings and see if that improves anything. 

And I don't have a program that allows me to record in game play unless I use a phone or tablet to record it. 

Will report back shortly. 

Posted

So this is going to sound stupid.  And I am stupid, but I feel like maybe I can help.  I ran into an issue very early on with bdo, I couldn't summon boss scrolls or do alchemy.  It was very odd and specific, everything was fine in my games except those two things.  I deleted paz files, cleared my quest logs, uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times.  This went on for about 2 weeks.  I had my friend log into my account, and she could summon scrolls, so I determined it had something to do with my files.  I restarted my computer and it worked.  I hadnt restarted my computer in about a month.  Thats all it took to fix.  I can't stress the amount of times I tried basically everything.  Just something to keep in mind for a game you keep on 24/7

Posted

So this is going to sound stupid.  And I am stupid, but I feel like maybe I can help.  I ran into an issue very early on with bdo, I couldn't summon boss scrolls or do alchemy.  It was very odd and specific, everything was fine in my games except those two things.  I deleted paz files, cleared my quest logs, uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times.  This went on for about 2 weeks.  I had my friend log into my account, and she could summon scrolls, so I determined it had something to do with my files.  I restarted my computer and it worked.  I hadnt restarted my computer in about a month.  Thats all it took to fix.  I can't stress the amount of times I tried basically everything.  Just something to keep in mind for a game you keep on 24/7

When I am not playing BDO my computer is off. I only use the Mac for BDO. It doesn't even have any other games or extra programs that don't come stock with Windows. 

Okay..so. If I turn my graphic quality to very low, turn on upscale and turn off Anti-aliasing and SSAO then the game runs smoothly enough for me to successfully complete the mini game. This is very depressing though as everything in my computer is newer and better than the PC. This means I need to figure out what is wrong with my computer that is making this game run so poorly. Yay me!

Posted

Just change the vid settings to optimization mode when milking then switch it back when done, it's a known bug

Posted

it all about FPS on milking cows to low your top slow so change the setting to lowest to push FPS up and you will have no problem milking cows

Posted

This has to be the funniest problem thread ever. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This has to be the funniest problem thread ever. 

I can't help but laugh at people that try to game on Macs, especially when it comes to BDO.

But it's whatever, if it works for them, it works.

Posted

I can't help but laugh at people that try to game on Macs, especially when it comes to BDO.

But it's whatever, if it works for them, it works.

Well, not everyone has the money to just buy a gaming computer and to say someone isn't allow to play a game because they can't afford a well built gaming computer is asinine. I could spend $50 on ram and use bootcamp to install Windows on my Mac, or I could spend $800+ on a new computer. I bought the Mac long before I discovered computer games so it was not a purchase made with gaming in mind. The whole idea behind gaming computers is a scam anyways. 

Posted

Well, not everyone has the money to just buy a gaming computer and to say someone isn't allow to play a game because they can't afford a well built gaming computer is asinine. I could spend $50 on ram and use bootcamp to install Windows on my Mac, or I could spend $800+ on a new computer. I bought the Mac long before I discovered computer games so it was not a purchase made with gaming in mind. The whole idea behind gaming computers is a scam anyways. 

If you have enough funds for a mac, you have enough funds for a gaming computer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't feed the  Trolls  Tall, good luck finding a solution to your performance issues. 

Posted

If you have enough funds for a mac, you have enough funds for a gaming computer.

Mac used to be cheaper, by the way. And I bought my Mac in college, because I had financial aid, and I got a student discount, and I had no other computer at the time, and it was the computer people at my college suggested I buy so I could do my college thesis which required a bunch of computery stuff. Sue me. 

Posted

This thread was really fun to read, hope you find your answer to the solution, seems to be some kind of FPS issue looking at the youtube video.

Posted

This thread was really fun to read, hope you find your answer to the solution, seems to be some kind of FPS issue looking at the youtube video.

Thank you. If I lower everything, I can get just enough FPS to complete the mini game in exactly 30 seconds. Sometimes I still fail, but at least it is not every time. I am going to look into any other improvements I can make to the computer to see if I can get more FPS without having to work at such a low quality. 

Posted

Mac used to be cheaper, by the way. And I bought my Mac in college, because I had financial aid, and I got a student discount, and I had no other computer at the time, and it was the computer people at my college suggested I buy so I could do my college thesis which required a bunch of computery stuff. Sue me. 

I would never, each computer has it's bonus and trade off.

A gaming computer is good for gaming, a mac is good for work stuff in general.

Posted (edited)

Well, not everyone has the money to just buy a gaming computer and 1.) "to say someone isn't allow to play a game because they can't afford a well built gaming computer is asinine." I could spend $50 on ram and use bootcamp to install Windows on my Mac, or I could spend $800+ on a new computer. I bought the Mac long before I discovered computer games so it was not a purchase made with gaming in mind. 2.) "The whole idea behind gaming computers is a scam anyways."

1.) I didn't say anything even remotely close to that, I just said, and I quote "I can't help but laugh at people that try to game on Macs". If you want to play games on a Mac, go for it, just don't ever expect smoothness or decent frames on something that is drastically gimped spec wise when compared to something of the same price.

2.) I agree, wholeheartedly. Which is why when I buy parts for my PC, I look at the specs that I'm being offered for the price. Which means that I avoid all the garbage that offers RGB because that shit inflates the price by $70-$150.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

So I recently boot camped my Mac so I can play BDO on it, so I don't have to steal my partner's PC to play, as he also plays BDO. When I was using his PC, I would milk cows all the time and I would have no problem. I wouldn't fail and I would always complete the game well before the timer ran out. But now that I am on the Mac, it is a completely different story. I cannot milk cows at all on this computer. Either I fail or my timer runs out and I can only get to 75% before the timer runs out. At first I thought that maybe is was my cordless mouse, so I tried a traditional mouse, but the same thing is happening. I noticed that the little milk jar that you see in the mini game fills up super fast on the PC computer, but then when I am on the Mac it fills up very slowly. Anyone have any idea why this is? Has anyone had this problem?

It seems like the developers may need to rethink their milking mini game because it seems to have some pretty annoying flaws. 

the cow milking game is MUCH MUCH easier if you sustain high FPS..   i think if you are sub 20 fps it is literally impossible.

been a known bug since the inception of the game... shitty i know but do what you can to increase FPS while milking.

Posted

I tried active fishing via splashtop streamer from my laptop at work to my desktop at home - literally impossible to complete the first part of the minigame lol

Posted

The lower your fps = the harder it is to milk