• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

killed while horse training

56 posts in this topic

Posted

So as mentioned in the title, today I was killed twice while horse training in a wagon. I´ve been training horses for long and this only happened once, but today twice in a matter of 2 hours. Players were [Nope] and [Nope] (if anyone wanted to know). Its a bit weird to think that people have fun killing a wagon and a AFK user.

So, is it a matter of chanel? happened on valencia 3, or is lately more people being killed horse training?

Posted

No. it's normal in NA server. 

There are so many twisted people who want to burn their positive karma.  We need some PVE server. 

2 people like this

Posted

Where is Dremlock when you need a well timed "DEATH TO RPERS" post?

No seriously tho, dont train your horses outside of safe zones maybe?

3 people like this

Posted

So as mentioned in the title, today I was killed twice while horse training in a wagon. I´ve been training horses for long and this only happened once, but today twice in a matter of 2 hours. Players were [Nope] and [Nope] (if anyone wanted to know). Its a bit weird to think that people have fun killing a wagon and a AFK user.

So, is it a matter of chanel? happened on valencia 3, or is lately more people being killed horse training?

do your loop in safe zones .

3 people like this

Posted

i train with a lvl 49.99 and never have any issues. totally worth it if you didn't buy a training outfit already.

or stay in safe zones, that works too.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a level 21 character that does my horse training, she's already skilled 3 and can't be killed by gankers. It's not fun to afk train with a higher level character while you're at work or something & come home to a horse that went up maybe 1/2 level and now has a death too. 

Posted

i train with a lvl 49.99 and never have any issues. totally worth it if you didn't buy a training outfit already.

or stay in safe zones, that works too.

Exactly.  I love the people that complain about being killed life skilling and yet the ability to avoid it exists.  If it bothers you that much, make a life skill only alt.

Posted

Appreciate tips, alredy knew best idea is to do it with an alt under 50, however this post wasnt looking for advice, but to ask if lately this has happened to more people, just a few ones, if theres a tendency, etc

It has surprissed me a lot, since i have leveled up quite some horses, always wagon, always same route from altinova to calpheon, just it feeled weird

Posted (edited)

No. it's normal in NA server. 

There are so many twisted people who want to burn their positive karma.  We need some PVE server. 

or..... wait for it..... train in safe zones its not hard.  OR use a char thats 49.99 dont do the final quest.  You will never die afk training.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

when i was in guilds it seemed to be a thing that was common for some people but not others. Its RNG i think.You could go weeks with no issues, or maybe it will happen again soon.

I don't expect there is a change in behavior at this point.

Posted

Exactly.  I love the people that complain about being killed life skilling and yet the ability to avoid it exists.  If it bothers you that much, make a life skill only alt.

Well, if they let me switch my Venia Riding Attire over to said alt, I'll consider it.

On the other hand, people complain about lag in Heidel because too many people afk there...

2 people like this

Posted

Who effing Cares? ... NOTHING can happen to your Horses when they're on a wagon, that's the entire point of putting them on wagons and going AFK.

I wagon train every night and I couldn't care less if someone found me.  I'm out what... a couple hours??  It takes a COUPLE WEEKS of overnight training to level 28 a bunch of 6's so who why cry over 1 or 2 partial nights?   What you should be doing instead is yelling on Kakao to add in some ACTUAL TRAINING CONTENT that lets us get a lot more skill rolls and faster XP for training actively....  Then the stupid griefers would have to actually fight active players again

Posted (edited)

Well, if they let me switch my Venia Riding Attire over to said alt, I'll consider it.

On the other hand, people complain about lag in Heidel because too many people afk there...

yeah, it's time they kick the fishers out  of there

Edited by magret
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The "Train in safe zones" is a load of bull. If you loop inside of a safe zone, you lose a lot of XP over time. Two factors affect this... First, you're moving slower because you're constantly having to navigate turns that reduce your speed dramatically. Second, as someone in the Horse Breeder's thread recently tested, there's a threshold distance that needs to be exceeded before any experience is awarded, so conceivably if you ran a straight line from point A (beginning of tick) to point B, turned around and traveled back to point A before the next tick, your exp decreases substantially if not nullified altogether.

Incidentally... Charge works inside safe zones. Won't harm the player, but it will halt their AFK loop.

Long story short... players who charge/attack/disrupt afk horse trainers are just opportunist players who take great joy in just being disruptive. Only real solution is to only afk train horses on sub 50 toons (and even they can be killed if the offending players know how to use the environment to do their dirty work for them).

Who effing Cares? ... NOTHING can happen to your Horses when they're on a wagon, that's the entire point of putting them on wagons and going AFK.

The person who comes home from school/work or wakes up in the morning to find that the 8+ hours they'd planned on running the loop would care if they found they got a whopping 30 mins out of it instead of 8+ hours.

Howzabout BDO removes cooking/alchemy tools from being installed inside residences, and you have to use a public facility where any joe schmoe could disrupt AFK production? The furor that'd create would be obscene.

Edited by DenverRalphy
3 people like this

Posted

Training in safe zones is terrible exp and your chances of getting stuck on something is annoyingly high. Go find an unused road and travel along that. The roads around Heidel and Velia are most likely to get you killed, so don't go there. 

Posted

Appreciate tips, alredy knew best idea is to do it with an alt under 50, however this post wasnt looking for advice, but to ask if lately this has happened to more people, just a few ones, if theres a tendency, etc

It has surprissed me a lot, since i have leveled up quite some horses, always wagon, always same route from altinova to calpheon, just it feeled weird

I am one of the people that do it to people like you. It's fun for me. It's part of the game and you can avoid it. I play my way and you play your way. 

And before anyone insults me for it: please don't bring your IRL values into a fantasy video game. Some people play this game like it's second life. Others play it like GTA causing chaos. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I am one of the people that do it to people like you. It's fun for me. It's part of the game and you can avoid it. I play my way and you play your way. 

The battle cry of douche-bag players. Bravo.

2 people like this

Posted

And before anyone insults me for it: please don't bring your IRL values into a fantasy video game. Some people play this game like it's second life. Others play it like GTA causing chaos. 

I mean. Ok?

Posted

And yet players piss and moan about why there are no quality horses on the horse market to buy. Actions described in this thread is yet one more example why horse breeders only list potatoes on the horse market. Enjoy your mint green dud of a horse

3 people like this

Posted

The battle cry of douche-bag players. Bravo.

stay casual

Posted

Enjoy your mint green dud of a horse

lmfao

Posted (edited)

afk somewhere safe, assholes are everywhere, someone was killing afk horsers near heidel yesterday and went red, I was passing by and killed him twice.

Edited by GamePois0n
1 person likes this

Posted

There are so many people in Heidel because d-bags have them routing in safe zone.

But then some of those same afk horse killers are complaining about lag in Heidel.

But yes, route in safe zone or on a low level character.

1 person likes this

Posted

Afk autoloop in a low level area that is out of the way and lightly used.

I avoid Meidah, too many high level players there testing themselves against people who can't/wont fight back. Heidel always attracts crowds and those who charge/kill afkers enjoy an audience most of all.  I have often seen groups of them hanging around the arena area picking people off and laughing.

Also, try to use a route that does not have mobs - so you cannot be charged and have local mobs kill both you and your horse.  Unlike being pk;d an environmental death will give you a horse death count.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't push my horses, they level whenever they feel like it. 

MV5BMTQ3MTM3NjI1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTYx