• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Opposite proposition for PVP server (World of Red)

71 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Operation "Red Server/Channel"

02_c_sorceress_1920x1280.thumb.jpg.a4d95

Now we all know the same old argument such as "Make a green server". The problem with that is that it destroys the integrity of the game, but what about the true pvp aspect of the game? Now before people think this is another "reduce penalties from pvp" post, it's not.black-desert-online-screenshot-20151105-

What about a world where you don't have to worry about Karma bombers? A world where you are rewarded for victory in pvp? Why else push yourself through the long grind to get 220AP if you can't use it? My proposal; a Red Server. 

BDO_PVP2_(1).thumb.png.d0054ff292952f386

In this Red Server (Lets call it the Kzarka Server) players would be perma-red but without the fear of xp loss, Gem breakage (minus PVE) or any of the other penalties that player killing would give. All other servers would remain as they are now with the current flag system and no changes.

2016-09-14_9191775.thumb.JPG.d651b09309d

Pvp would be rewarded with Seals much like trading, bosses or what have you, and in turn players would be able to turn those in for choice of buffs, crystals, even boss gear. Xp would be granted for killing players as well and the bounty system proposed before could make its entrance.

Black-Desert-Online-PVP.thumb.jpg.4a8f89

This would not only drain the population of pkers but also give players a new kind of end game. It'd truly make the game into a dangerous world where alliances would be real and betrayals would have impact. Ofcourse more ideas could be added but I think the introduction of a real Red Server would even extend the life of the game to many.

2016-11-03_11579673.thumb.JPG.32774dd2ea

Feel free to add or share ideas!

Edited by midgard229
6 people like this

Posted

I dunno about the suggested rewards...

But the biggest issue is that people won't move to a PvP server (or at least not for long). By going on to a completely open PvP world, highly contested grind areas would be chaos and eventually people would realize that the chaos isn't worth throwing away grinding efficiency. This would mean only dedicated PvPers would play on it, and that's a really low number of people.

Posted (edited)

Remove the rewards the proposed token system would easily be exploitable. Give a 25% xp bonus (debatable) and make it on two channels not a separate server. Could probably remove world bosses too. Also make it so even your guild mates can be killed if not in your group.

That being said as much as I like FFA servers I don't see it having a big enough population even just as one or two channels where it will be much fun.

Edited by Nachtdrache
More info

Posted

I dunno about the suggested rewards...

But the biggest issue is that people won't move to a PvP server (or at least not for long). By going on to a completely open PvP world, highly contested grind areas would be chaos and eventually people would realize that the chaos isn't worth throwing away grinding efficiency. This would mean only dedicated PvPers would play on it, and that's a really low number of people.

well I say channels not servers so people can go back and fourth

Posted

Sure. But there should also be a PVE server.

Posted

Sure. But there should also be a PVE server.

how would you deal with mob stealers?

Posted

Same way you deal with AFK fishers that fish on top of you. You just deal with it.

Posted

I mean the normal servers already cater to anti pk people but none cater to PvP players 

Same way you deal with AFK fishers that fish on top of you. You just deal with it.

10000 players all at the same grinding spots......lol you're right though, no pve servers are coming so "deal with it"

Posted (edited)

Normal servers dont cater to antipk. They are anti to people who are afraid of low karma. There are still lots of people who dont care about low karma. They kill because its fun. And no amount of deterrence is going to stop that.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted (edited)

Still stuck on the first picture ... damm sorcs have nice boots.

Hmmmm uhhhh.

back to topic: Rewards for pvp mostly end up with abuse of doom. Never saw such Mechanism not get violent by players.

Dont get me wrong but this server would end up with only +60 lvl gear ppl. PvE players would get a "PvE" channel  as exchange and this is more a horror for me.

Edited by Blacksheep

Posted

you asked about kill steals? just have it first one to hit gets loot...works in some of the games I played

Posted

Still stuck on the first picture ... damm sorcs have nice boots.

Hmmmm uhhhh.

back to topic: Rewards for pvp mostly end up with abuse of doom. Never saw such Mechanism not get violent by players.

Dont get me wrong but this server would end up with only +60 lvl gear ppl. PvE players would get a "PvE" channel  as exchange and this is more a horror for me.

well yeah that's why I mentioned it as the new end game so people would volunteer to go just out of the desire for good fights.

Its like dark souls, I rather play online even if I die than play offline for strict pve

Posted

No, if it gave seals and xp for pking, then people would just boost on there guildies and get free boss armor. instead make it so it gives pemanent double xp(like olvia) so the people who are good at making money and dont just mass kill mobs(Life skillers, Elite rotations, worker empite, bosses) can get rewarded with xp 

Posted

No, if it gave seals and xp for pking, then people would just boost on there guildies and get free boss armor. instead make it so it gives pemanent double xp(like olvia) so the people who are good at making money and dont just mass kill mobs(Life skillers, Elite rotations, worker empite, bosses) can get rewarded with xp 

wait how would they use Guildies? Also I didn't say they'd get good xp

Posted

There should be both Red & Green channels/sets of channels.. along with the PvX as having the most channels.  As far as rewards/penalties, that can be debated back and forth heavily but the idea of having channels dedicated to certain things.. sure why not?  Maybe doing PvE on Red Servers can have increased rewards.   Of course, even on green servers duels & Arena should still be present so people can still PvP there in designated areas or when both dueling.

Posted (edited)

The same way other non open-world PVP games deal with it.

You outgrind them and play the game of wills.

Edited by PandoraRose
1 person likes this

Posted

wait how would they use Guildies? Also I didn't say they'd get good xp

Have a few guildies leave the guild, and then repedly pk them for a day, get some ez boss gear, and then swap for the next day

Posted

Have a few guildies leave the guild, and then repedly pk them for a day, get some ez boss gear, and then swap for the next day

truuuuuuue, but making boss gear unreadable may make more bearable 

Posted (edited)

Sure why not. Then again, if we are talking about CHOICE, players should indeed have the option for truly PvE servers, jajajaja, the usual clowns will start foaming at the mouth RIGHT NOW they will, and we know why.

Absolutely, there should be an option for truly "anything goes", if you ask me, put in there the harshest of penalties you like, of course get rid of the whole "Karma system" for good, whatever, make it "real hardcore" style, maybe like Diablo hardcore or so?

As I said, at the same time, there should be an option to avoid the pathetic stupidity of PK, and beware, I didn't for a moment say PvP, if anyone can actually tell the difference. A PvE server can have P-v-P, the freaking real one, just FINE. How? The way you already have it. Node and Siege wars, GvG wars. No one loses anything there right? And for Node / Siege wars you have to CONSENT to participate. Likewise, GvG wars could be adjusted a bit, so both parts would need to consent to start one. There you go, you have all the PvP you fancy, and yep indeed in a "PvE server" in all other aspects.

Now, the usual clowns will stick out their bozzo heads and start blubbering about how this, how that, how "will you grind with 1 gazillion geezers messing about in the same spot" and bla bla bla. And why would you care? The players who would not like the option and the situation, could always choose the OTHER option. Let those who decide to be there sort it out themselves. In the end, it is all about making decisions and accepting the consequences, right?

Or you just leave it as it is now, and with a probability of over 99% this is what will happen. They didn't do it for almost 3 years now in Korea or anywhere else, chances are they aren't doing it at all. Looks like BDO is "that kind of game". One that will remain rather limited and small-ish instead of going for the mega-bucks up there in the "super league". One that people like for what it is, a predominantly PvE game with an icing of (broken) "PvP" thrown here and there, gorgeous graphics and (open) world, many options and things to do, and at the same time the limitations and short comings it has imposed on itself (and most of us know, but some still don't want to accept).

P.S. In the remote chance we ever do get that kind of servers (or even channels), needless to say you make it paramount to also CHOOSE where you want to reside, either the "PvE" or "PvP' ones. Certainly no easy "hop from here to there". Either a permanent decision, or at the very least introduce a long time period for switching, or even more, impose further limits (severe ones) like how many items, inventory, storage and wealth and the likes you could transfer.

Edited by Ninnghizhidda
2 people like this

Posted

Afraid to say that this server would be almost completely deserted.

The PK kids aren't looking to proof themselves, on the contrary, they are looking to grief unsuspecting and unprepared players. Heck, the whole gear-carry is the sole reason they are even "PvPing" in this game.

That said, the "PvP server" would prolly make the best overall "PvE experience" due to its low amount of players. Somewhat ironic.

Posted

Operation "Green Server/Channel"

02_c_sorceress_1920x1280.thumb.jpg.a4d95

Now we all know the same old argument such as "Make a red server". The problem with that is that it destroys the integrity of the game, but what about the true PVE aspect of the game? Now before people think this is another "reduce penalties from PVE" post, it's not.black-desert-online-screenshot-20151105-

What about a world where you don't have to worry about PKers? A world where you are rewarded for victory in PVE? Why else push yourself through the long grind to get 220AP if you can't use it? My proposal; a Green Server

BDO_PVP2_(1).thumb.png.d0054ff292952f386

In this Green Server (Lets call it the Kzarka Server) players would not be allowed to PVP except for in arenas. All other servers would remain as they are now with the current flag system and no changes.

2016-09-14_9191775.thumb.JPG.d651b09309d

PVE would be rewarded with substantially more Seals much like trading, bosses or what have you, and in turn players would be able to turn those in for choice of buffs, crystals, even boss gear. 

Black-Desert-Online-PVP.thumb.jpg.4a8f89

This would not only drain the population of pkers but also give players a new kind of end game. It'd truly make the game into a peaceful world where alliances would be real and betrayals would have no impact. Ofcourse more ideas could be added but I think the introduction of a real Green Server would even extend the life of the game to many.

2016-11-03_11579673.thumb.JPG.32774dd2ea

Feel free to add or share ideas!

1 person likes this

Posted

@midgard229 

there is a red player zone already - just stay all day long in the desert and have fun. Fun grinding 24/7, fun pk'ing the other 10000 red players at the YOUR (beloved) spot etc. etc. etc.

Posted

OP the red server as you call it will become ghost town within 1 day since introduction. Why ? Because the top geared players 0.5%, 90% of those would like to feed their ego's on much lover geared causuals, but low geared wont join red server...

Posted

Maybe something like GW2 : all players who hit a mob get xp when dead + rng loot between parties?

Posted

I don't know why they wouldn't just give people the PvE channel they've been wanting so they can have their own personal slice of hell? Give em 4 channels for all I care. Just remove world bosses and let the idiots race to out farm eachother because the people wanting it are either lifeskillers, RPers, or people who think sausans and pirates are the only two places to farm in the game. Then remove  karma from all the normal channels.

1 person likes this