• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What an Undergeared Striker is Capable of

189 posts in this topic

Posted

Pearl Abyss has done it again. Another broken class.

Posted

From watching that video I can gather a few things:

1. he outgears the shit out of people he is fighting. 

2. Those he is fighting don't even have the slightest clue how to fight (zerker didn't even try to grab him for example)

3. He knows how to PvP.

Put him against anyone remotely close to his gear that likes PvP, I think you would see a different outcome.

18 people like this

Posted

1. That's me. I have 125/183 AP/DP in that video, and I went against a DK that had more AP than me and bodied him.

2. There was no zerker in the video.

3. ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted

Is this some kinda joke?

2 people like this

Posted

Is this some kinda joke?

not really. this class is broken, you will see when it comes to NA

Posted

Undergeared vs more undergeared :thinking:

3 people like this

Posted

Undergeared vs more undergeared :thinking:

some of them were some of them were not :thinking:

Posted

Any class can be made to look op if you're fighting potatoes - they don't even have enough ap to out dmg pots (am I watching a pre-media video?). Also random flagging in kr is looked down on much more than na.

1 person likes this

Posted

some of them were some of them were not :thinking:

They definitely were to be killing sausans that slow.

2 people like this

Posted

Any class can be made to look op if you're fighting potatoes - they don't even have enough ap to out dmg pots (am I watching a pre-media video?). Also random flagging in kr is looked down on much more than na.

not everyone in the video was a potato. I was a potato too

They definitely were to be killing sausans that slow.

look at the DK she was 1 shotting everything

Posted

Undergeared without giving the stats is quite pointless. In addition, we do not know the stats from any of the Koreans that were fought.

• 00:37 - 00:47 | Musa, looks like 56+, not killed.
  • 00:49 - 01:02 | Tamer, possibly below 56, died without hitting back once and only tried to run away.
  • 01:11 - 02:23 | Musa, same one, deals no damage at all (who is the undergeared one again?) and didn't even want to fight. Wrote 갈게, which according to google translate means "I will go".
  • 02:28 - 04:12 | Ninja, below 56, only runs for the most part, deals again no damage and wrote 헬프마 (Help me) likely to the other player who was there.
  • 04:14 - 05:04 | Musa, the same one again, runs and you get distracted by another Striker, which you don't kill at first and then focus on the Musa again. Musa died, Striker follows afterwards without fighting back.
  • 05:05 - 06:47 | Musa and Striker, same ones again, Striker now visibly also deals no damage to you. Also not using any pots.
  • 07:00 - 10:36 | Kunoichi, 56+, another person who deals barely any damage to you. Didn't kill her.
  • 10:43 - 12:45 | Dark Knight, Valkyrie and Witch, below 56, neither of them did a lot of damage to you. Valk died, Witch ran away and after killing the DK you killed her too (was just standing around).
  • 12:46 - 15:26 | The same Musa, Ninja and Striker as before and still as weak as before too.
  • 15:39 - 18:21 | Dark Knight, 56+, first time you actually recieved damage higher than what you dealt. Was more interested in killing Sausans than dealing with you.
  • 18:24 - 18:46 | Musa, still the same weak one, ran away again.
  • 18:47 - 19:41 | Ninja, also the same again, only tried to run away. Had a cut at the end, so might have taken a while to kill him.
  • 19:42 - 19:48 | Witch or Wizard, not the same from before, but also weak, the part started while she was at half of her HP and grabbed.

All these fights were worthless in terms of defining if the class is broken or not, except maybe the Dark Knight, but she wasn't even interested in killing you.

I gave the stats.

1. Did kill later in the video

2. Give ya that 1

3. lol damn that made me feel bad

4. Don't feel bad for him he tried to 3v1 me earlier

5. See told you I killed him

6. He did do fair amounts of damage actually. Didn't kill in the video but I did

7. Well its 3 of them

8. Still killed her

9. Yeah exactly

10. She did damage but didnt get to show it unfortunate

He is broken if you look at what I was doing and the reason why I was taking no damage/barely getting CC'd. Keep in mind this is an UNAWAKENED class and every skill has some form of CC. Every single skill. He has forward blocks and super armor and iframes out the ass + a 19% evasion passive. He is truly broken and its not my gear that makes me unkillable to these guys.

Obviously I outgear some of them but thats not the point, the point is this class has too much going for it and if the video didn't showcase it well enough for you idk.

2 people like this

Posted

not everyone in the video was a potato. I was a potato too

look at the DK she was 1 shotting everything

Everyone in that video was potato lmao.  They were all running and typing to you.  Clearly not even trying to fight you.

All this showed me was how fcking slow a striker is at pvp while people dont even bother fighting.

Waste of 20 min tbh.  Sorry its true.  None of those fights were engaging or interesting.  And the fact you have to sit here and try and convince us proves it lol.

4 people like this

Posted

Everyone in that video was potato lmao.  They were all running and typing to you.  Clearly not even trying to fight you.
All this showed me was how fcking slow a striker is at pvp while people dont even bother fighting.

Waste of 20 min tbh.  Sorry its true.  None of those fights were engaging or interesting.  And the fact you have to sit here and try and convince us proves it lol.

They are potato but so was I. 125 ap o_O

Posted

They are potato but so was I. 125 ap o_O

Your ap being low doesn't some how validate pvp that no one in that video wanted.  It was literally a video of you running around being an ass hat attacking other equally under geared players that didn't even fight back lol.

11 people like this

Posted

Your ap being low doesn't some how validate pvp that no one in that video wanted.  It was literally a video of you running around being an ass hat attacking other equally under geared players that didn't even fight back lol.

there are people who didn't fight and people who did. fail to realize your point. who cares of no one wants it thats why its called PK lol..

Posted

Each new class they make, the refine to whatever content is in the future. It isn't that they are broken, it's that each new class and each new area makes older classes more and more broken.
R.I.P. Zerk, R.I.P. Sorc, R.I.P. Ranger. You are being replaced to add longevity to the grind mill.

Posted

Well i dont know how broken Striker is but this video clearly doesn't show it.

Most of the people you killed are what ... people that just started playing ... zero knowledge in PvP and ZERO interest in fighting you.

I can go with Kuno right now to sausans and kill bunch of awakening classes with ease in my short sword form and it won't show how broken class is.

I suggest you stop making sh_it promo videos and do a proper one once Striker is released here with some people willing to PvP.

Posted (edited)

Releasing a class broken is a better marketing ploy then releasing one weak. The new classes made are exactly as Loci said "refined for future content". Each class being released is always assumably now going to be on the same level as witch and wizard. Look at DK, she was new and even conquers over the class now in terms of mobility and attacking aoes. Striker without his awakening is in the same position as DK unawakened after watching Bong stream it for 30 or so hours. Now we wait to see the awakening for it and compare it to how stronger/if not stronger it is to DK/Wiz/Witch. And since PearlAbyss straight up said they aren't nerfing classes, every other class has to play catch up now to classes with more superority to them from the get go.

Edited by Dmikee
1 person likes this

Posted

Hero never getting love in the BDO community.

But yeah hero this doesnt really show the class is OP, the people you were fighting most certainly had no clue how to PvP.

And the time to kill was ridiculously slow put you up against anyone who was trying to fight it'd destroy the class rn but thats why we dont see any clips of you fighitng anyone worth a damn.

Many streamers have shown us the extent that striker in unawakened can reach and honestly its not looking OP.... yet. 

Posted

Hero never getting love in the BDO community.

But yeah hero this doesnt really show the class is OP, the people you were fighting most certainly had no clue how to PvP.

And the time to kill was ridiculously slow put you up against anyone who was trying to fight it'd destroy the class rn but thats why we dont see any clips of you fighitng anyone worth a damn.

Many streamers have shown us the extent that striker in unawakened can reach and honestly its not looking OP.... yet. 

this is from a full day of me PKing at Sausan, I didn't edit anything out. I agree some of these people didn't want to fight but some did. And they were all potato by NA standards but so was I.

Either way, I'm 100% sure that once people master Striker and with = gear he can 1v1 any class even without his awakening. 

Posted

Striker is probably a Ninja with less damage and more mobility.

We need to wait for his awakening, :/

Posted

Striker is probably a Ninja with less damage and more mobility.

We need to wait for his awakening, :/

he has more damage than (unawakened) ninja already. 

1 person likes this

Posted

he has more damage than (unawakened) ninja already. 

hmm,that's really cool.

I'm excited to check his awakening

Posted

I watched like 4-5 min, seems to me you were fighting people who either dont know how to or dont care to PvP.  I can't say I saw anything remotely OP or impressive there, we will see when the class comes out, but a close ranged class being OP is probably BS, they could be if they have an ungodly amount of stuns/KD whatever, which from that video didn't look like it, otherwise they will just get melted by a range class like everyone else.

2 people like this