• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What an Undergeared Striker is Capable of

189 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread belongs in the TESO forums.

Absolute degeneracy.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1. Effort or none, you still went and ranted even if your main point was about how the game was handled by the company. Yes, it's not exactly that you are defaming the game but the game is apart of the company (as a product) hence, you are indirectly defaming the game unintentionally. You might have raised awareness with the management but in a way have kept a partial amount of viewers that were curious about the game away as they'll be taking the words face value and probably not try the game because of that video. It's possible to play a game while disliking the company but when you're making a video to rant, you're also making a public statement.
  2. It's pretty important to know they are on Flows, that way you can see what moments they have openings. It's a little dumb to be disregarding that fact, especially if you're going up against a Striker and you'll lose to anyone if you can't read your opponent or know how the class you're up against is played.  So, yes, you should care if they are dependent on Flow if you're playing the class or fighting it because that's their main playstyle.
  3. The only reason I mentioned Zerker in that list because of @Catclaw's statement about zerker being a potential counter against a pre-awakened Striker based on general playstyle and you argued that statement bringing in player skill which any class can beat the other if they are better/more experienced.

1. Okay so just because I'm a youtuber I'm not allowed to make videos that express negative opinions on the game? They always have to be positive?

2. Well if you're fighting a striker yes it is but in the context of this conversation its irrelevant. I said he had over 25 different cc's and I was correct in saying that regardless of what you have to do to use them.

3. Okay and he and I already came to an understanding on the topic so there was no point to reiterate it.

You seem to want to argue for arguments sake, and I'm okay with that, and I am not okay with that.

Edited by NotHero

Posted

Street Fighter meets Naruto.

Posted

Lol... cmon Hero... trash video. Everyone of them folks sucked or didnt want to fight. Take this trash video down.

1 person likes this

Posted

not really. this class is broken, you will see when it comes to NA

i lol'd.

Posted

idk about this class... It seems like a Dragon ball fight lol, striker.vs.striker...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wfK4U5x_tY

the grab is really desyncy thats the worst thing about him :/

Posted

At least its not block, block, block revenge. Kills should be easy when the opening exists.

Posted (edited)

EDIT: daaaaaamn thats a hella wall of text...my bad...really. but i basically got subjected to reading a wall of text in the form of bullshit responses to a thread . Wowwww. okay where to start. i have my own little rant, but about this thread. im not wasting more time quoting people or saying who said what. instead i'll start simple and when you people make the mistake of 1by1 trying to bash what im saying or ME as a person, i'll show your foolish thinking. Though the initial point is obvious "show us pvp vs geared people", you people are biased as hell. You wanna waste my time making me read through all your BS and personal opinions about BDOHero or w/e when this thread has NOTHING to do with him regardless. so right there all of you bashing him over his past and over rumors, get a life....you already lost right there bringing bias of an individual into a discussion of a class and its mechanics.

the above is only for those people that provided nothing factual or statistical to the actual class of striker aside from Hero's involvement.

like i said, this is more of a setup, and i'll wait for you people to trigger the trap. but to HELP you for when you do; "look at this dude with 1 forum post" and? all that means is that im irritated enough to actually post for once. i generally get all my questions and answers from simply doing my own research (forums or otherwise) and had nothing to add to what others have said. the "new forum poster" insults show your lack of a real argument and ability to logically debate an issue or opinion. which wait...this whole thread is simply an opinion right? a very broad one at that. "Pearl Abyss has done it again. Another broken class." Was the statement posted under the OP video correct? Never does he say "this video completely proves that". He obviously played the class, something the majority of you have NOT. therefore he knows about its mechanics and what could possibly be OP. the video is just a sample, to hopefully show EXAMPLES and glimpses of what he means by OP class, wherever it can be found. different people will notice or see things differently based on scenarios he was put in during the video. for me as a musa (perfect time for some musa awareness), i didnt see all his encounters with that same musa, but i see a degree of OP already. He caught a musa....several times. Nuff said right there. you mean to tell me he has all the things he has, and yet can catch a class whose best attribute and only "unique(psh)" mechanic is their ability to run? facts.

I didnt even watch the whole video. 20 mins is too long for me. YET i saw nothing DISPROVING what hero said. did i say it was proved? no. but it definitely sides more with his opinion that not. IDC who you are, if you want to fight or not. lets talked just statistically speaking... yes some ran, some were noobs, some had shitty gear, but thats expected in any sample size.....but just as there are those on the bottom of the sample, that means there is a HIGH chance that multiple people he fought had as good or better gear than him. everything still neutral right? until the FACTS which cant be argued. whats the chances that anyone on any class would straight DEMOLISH every single opponent? we know his gear right? because being unbiased, we cant make a legit or credible claim or argument if there is bias (meaning i have no reason whatsoever to assume anyone is lying about gear or would need to). his gear gives us a baseline to go off of. i currently have 160AP and 180DP as an awakened musa.....i dont wreck people like that at sausans, im sorry. whether they want to fight or not. simply, if they want to run, they get away from me, if not, they are close enough to my gear score that theres a chance i'll be the 1 ending up running. the people in that video, some just ran, some didnt want to fight sure, but a lot of them were running and didnt want to fight BECAUSE the strength, speed, and agility of the striker in the video(Hero) was overwhelming. they tried and were like "fk that shyt". if not, why not simply jump him? they were literally overwhelmed and bombarded making them scared imo. anyhow sorry for the wall of text, was meant to be shorter, but i'll stop now and hold the rest for the replies.

NOTE: Are you people dense? there are videos EVERYWHERE on youtube of youtubers (even well known ones) doing EXACTLY if not worse than what BDOHero did in that video. they said the same exact things he did and a lot of them in their rant videos said there on the spot that they were quitting only to say they were wrong to jump the gun and are back. its called a mistake people, a gamble even. making a decision to hold em or fold 'em based on what you PROJECT will happen based on your experiences. Hero's and the world's experience being that every game end up trying to reap $$$ by being P2W one way or the other. its just a fact. but they were wrong. Hence all the videos of "why you should come back to BDO, its not as pay to win as we all thought it would be by now, yadda yadda". Even if what i just said wasnt the case and it was a simple as "you hypocrite Hero!" and you all bashing him for coming back to a game just to "complain again". HOOOOOOOLD UP. i need a literal pause.......okay, wow, You mean to tell me that Hero somehow owes the game developers for being wrong and giving some bad press to BDO? to the point that he has no right to complain about a NEW and/or different issue? GTFO..seriously, think people, with your brains. If you left it at "i dont think thats a good enough or broad enough sample to officially confirm or deny that the class is OP." you would have won right there. nothing more to be said. where you all became wrong is when you kept fking talking and letting your ignorance show more of itself. hence what this post is targeting. you lack of ability to even judge yourself the way you are trying to judge Hero. and no im not a fanboi. i've seen like 2 of his vids? very informative, but his commentary definitely needs work ;)

Edited by Soulo
sorrryyyyyyyryryryr
1 person likes this

Posted

Logic.

6ebebe13e66632590b965c80b639b993_pennsat

Posted

Did i mention he's unawakened? just to add to those statistics i mentioned a minute ago 

Posted

1. Okay so just because I'm a youtuber I'm not allowed to make videos that express negative opinions on the game? They always have to be positive?

2. Well if you're fighting a striker yes it is but in the context of this conversation its irrelevant. I said he had over 25 different cc's and I was correct in saying that regardless of what you have to do to use them.

3. Okay and he and I already came to an understanding on the topic so there was no point to reiterate it.

You seem to want to argue for arguments sake, and I'm okay with that, and I am not okay with that.

I never mention nor implied that you're unable to make videos to express what you feel or that it should always be positive, mind you. I don't want to continue to elaborate on what you did would be considered something along the lines of defamation so I'll keep it short. You made a rant video, you argued against people who spoke against your rant and some viewers exaggerated the situation without even weighing in a number of things, and thus lead to the P2W argument that still persists today. I'm not saying you are the main cause of it but you are one of the people who fed oil to the fire. So what I am referring to was the outcome/result that snowballed from the source(s).

I never said that you stating Strikers have 25 different cc is false claim. So what's the point in bringing it up even though it's irrelevant? I'm just pointing out how Striker is linear in terms of skill cycling because of they have numerous Flow:- skills, so playing as one or fighting one, knowing when to counter or when you're vulnerable is something important.

Posted

Pearl Abyss has done it again. Another broken class.

I watch his stream. He gets murdered at least 10 times a day by other players. Showing a video of the handful of wins he gets really casts shade on just how bad he gets his ass beat.

Posted

I watch his stream. He gets murdered at least 10 times a day by other players. Showing a video of the handful of wins he gets really casts shade on just how bad he gets his ass beat.

i dont, so i cant really comment on that. does he stream Striker pvp though? because if not, it only helps his case. the fact that he gets murdered so much usually yet can even have a 20 min video of him wrecking...means the only difference is the class he's playing. Striker

Posted

i dont, so i cant really comment on that. does he stream Striker pvp though? 

yes

Posted

1. I never mention nor implied that you're unable to make videos to express what you feel or that it should always be positive, mind you. I don't want to continue to elaborate on what you did would be considered something along the lines of defamation so I'll keep it short. 

2. You made a rant video, you argued against people who spoke against your rant and some viewers exaggerated the situation without even weighing in a number of things, and thus lead to the P2W argument that still persists today. I'm not saying you are the main cause of it but you are one of the people who fed oil to the fire. So what I am referring to was the outcome/result that snowballed from the source(s).

3. I never said that you stating Strikers have 25 different cc is false claim. So what's the point in bringing it up even though it's irrelevant? I'm just pointing out how Striker is linear in terms of skill cycling because of they have numerous Flow:- skills, so playing as one or fighting one, knowing when to counter or when you're vulnerable is something important.

1. No you did not but I am asking if you do believe that.

2. So once again, you claim that my opinion led to something out of my control. My influence reached enough people to change their opinions about the game, and this has meaning in this conversation how?

3. Well why mention it at all I don't understand? It has nothing to do with the conversation at all. This isn't a "how to fight a striker" thread.

I appreciate this conversation though. Thank you for remaining civil. A shame thats something so rare in this community that I have to praise it.

LOL WHAT? I literally have died ONE TIME on stream and that was to a DK that I killed in the video on our 2nd fight. What are you on about?

Posted

I can jump on my 51 ninja and do this at sausans. I understand why you would post this to get people talking and be the cool dude that kills a few noobs at sausans. Wait until it hits NA and we get awaken, we will know for sure.

Oh and btw, u can go search youtube and find a video just like this for each class, nothing new here.

Posted

LOL WHAT? I literally have died ONE TIME on stream and that was to a DK that I killed in the video on our 2nd fight. What are you on about?

You play cool and act like something your not.  -- I will quote your exact words after you died one time .

" Striker is very underwhelming, a warrior would farm striker "

Exact quote after you was sulking through a death. I was subscribed / followed to you, but after you try to portray yourself as either 
a. You know what your talking about.
b. sterotypical black male.

... I unfollowed, because your faking on both fronts.

Either or, good luck. Striker will be fine. OP ? who knows....too early to tell. Releasing a video before any balance has come to the class ( for good or for bad ) does a disservice to this community and is only some sort of attempt to push views / followers.

Posted

You play cool and act like something your not.  -- I will quote your exact words after you died one time .
" Striker is very underwhelming, a warrior would farm striker "

Exact quote after you was sulking through a death. I was subscribed / followed to you, but after you try to portray yourself as either 
a. You know what your talking about.
b. sterotypical black male.

... I unfollowed, because your faking on both fronts.

Either or, good luck. Striker will be fine. OP ? who knows....too early to tell. Releasing a video before any balance has come to the class ( for good or for bad ) does a disservice to this community and is only some sort of attempt to push views / followers.

That was my first impressions with the class. In that same statement I also said it could be because I do not know enough about the class. I love how you neglect to mention that.

Thank you for unfollowing me though. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Posted

That was my first impressions with the class. In that same statement I also said it could be because I do not know enough about the class. I love how you neglect to mention that.

Thank you for unfollowing me though. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

why you evading my question bro? @NotHero

Posted (edited)

First, the Gandalf clone, now they c/p Son Goku. PA got to be the best dev team on this planet.

Edited by Fjokki
1 person likes this

Posted

First, the Gandalf clone, now they c/p Son Goku. PA got to be the best dev team on this planet.

they amaze and baffle me at the same time. 

Posted (edited)

zvQD9q.giflatest?cb=20100706165603

kid-goku-blue-outfit-kid-goku-29644866-8

Goku is supposed to be the Monkey King

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

Striker isn't OP.

I seen other Striker pvp videos and they have been outclassed a few times.

For a class to be OP they would need to beat every single class with minimal skill. 

Posted

I'll instantly reroll if his awakening is going super saiyan.

1 person likes this