• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Open up Marketplace / Player Driven Economy

Player-Driven Economy?   54 votes

1. 1. Player-Driven Economy?

• Agree
    • Does Not Agree

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm bit frustrated on a lot of things available or not in marketplace for example there's quite huge pre-order of pets and value pack the issue is we have huge demand of this on marketplace but not enough seller coz honestly the value in marketplace is quite low or not worth selling. (including tax seems bit huge even with value pack)

There's also bit issue of game seems restricting user from buying more expensive items but at the same time the system unable to detect bots manipulating the marketplace prices that always buy cheapest and controlled the prices at desired prices makes you frustrated when you just want to buy items 1 or 2  but it always tells you you can't buy the items coz its not the cheapest.

Not sure also if its bug or not some items on "bid" considered cheapest so you can't just skip it or buy which really annoying.

Hopefully Daum will request to the Kakao to introduce more "player-driven economy" instead of bit dumb-down marketplace that its bit really annoying from time to time.  We just want to sell-and-buy freely not restrict too much there isn't even a  player 2 player trade system here :P you guys should at-least fixed the economy

2 people like this

Posted

You cant preorder pearl items...

Posted

They want u to use "preorder" instead of "free trade" so that will cost u several times more = big fat ass profit for Kashkao and PA.

Posted

Oh no.  I like it as it is.

Posted

If its player driven economy system, there will be tons of gold sellers.

A player can post a rubbish trash tier item with 500mil price tag and pay IRL money to the gold seller for buying it.

Posted

Does "player-driven" include players who bot or macro their way to marketplace domination?

If so, no thanks.

Posted

we could have a system where a trade must wait for the publisher to "approve" in order for it to go through. make u pay $15 or so per trade so gold sellers won't abuse it. but the reason they ain't doing it is simple, they want to make rich idiots outbid each other with outrageous preorder price so that they make even bigger profit, the reason is pure greed nothing else.

Posted (edited)

we could have a system where a trade must wait for the publisher to "approve" in order for it to go through. make u pay $15 or so per trade so gold sellers won't abuse it. but the reason they ain't doing it is simple, they want to make rich idiots outbid each other with outrageous preorder price so that they make even bigger profit, the reason is pure greed nothing else.

But the extra preorder silver is not the IRL money so it means nothing to PA or KaKao...

It only can be profitable for PA and KaKao is they release a official Silver/Pearl exchange system like GW2 does.

Edited by Celestial Being

Posted (edited)

maybe you should learn how the market works in Bdo before posting......@ Opening 

the Econmy is good as it is. I don't see any kind of problem.

Edited by Sey

Posted

But the extra preorder silver is not the IRL money so it means nothing to PA or KaKao...

It only can be profitable for PA and KaKao is they release a official Silver/Pearl exchange system like GW2 does.

no but there's tons of ways to generate silver through paying $$$. it's not direct $$$ into silver but u get the idea.

Posted

wth economy you guys talking... there isn't any everything is fixed by system.  and sorry about "pre-order" I honestly didn't try that on pearl items but on high end gears and weapons. But I made it example coz I always notice it always have high demand you can rarely see this items on marketplace.

I didn't said to remove restriction of player2player trade coz that's coz gold seller but I'm only asking to open up marketplace.. let the players set prices may it high or low to be competitive.. that's what I mean player-driven economy. right now its fixed and bit annoying.

Does "player-driven" include players who bot or macro their way to marketplace domination?

If so, no thanks.

:P have you notice anything? some items is already being controlled by bots..

If its player driven economy system, there will be tons of gold sellers.

A player can post a rubbish trash tier item with 500mil price tag and pay IRL money to the gold seller for buying it.

:P some actually making money out of that system..  anyways the purpose of player driven economy is to keep up with inflation in game this days there's more money generated compare to available items for sale.

Posted (edited)

I didn't said to remove restriction of player2player trade coz that's coz gold seller but I'm only asking to open up marketplace.. let the players set prices may it high or low to be competitive..

This will be Gold Seller Friendly.

I can list a trash item with $500,000,867 and pay IRL money to the gold seller, then he will know this item is listed by me then buy it, is this the system you like?

Edited by Celestial Being
1 person likes this

Posted

No thank you

Posted

The fixed economy is pretty awkward. But you have to admit. This is like the only MMO with little to no gold sellers. Apparently gold sellers cant thrive in a fixed economy. They can probably still sell accounts though I guess. But cant do much else ingame.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its hilarious how afraid of a free market system the majority of people seem to be and have been since release. 

Posted (edited)

free market is good. But I have noticed that free markets in MMOs spawn gold sellers. Its just too easy for them to profit and manipulate. Buy a hundred accounts. Create 100 bots. Trade between bot accounts and players freely. Accumulate super wealth after investing real money in game. Then siphon money back for profit in the form of gold selling.. BDO is one of those few MMOs that seem to have almost solved the gold seller problem.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

free market is good. But I have noticed that free markets in MMOs spawn gold sellers. Its just too easy for them to profit and manipulate. Buy a hundred accounts. Create 100 bots. Trade between bot accounts and players freely. Accumulate super wealth after investing real money in game. Then siphon money back for profit in the form of gold selling.. BDO is one of those few MMOs that seem to have almost solved the gold seller problem.

The problem is, why the F do we even need a F-ing market at all? It's doing more harm than good, they successfully removed gold sellers that is fine, but the market is totally broken ppl can't buy shit cuz everything is not on market. Might as well just ditch this whole market crap and have NPC sell everything to u that way we would NEVER have to worry about goldsellers and stuff not on market.

Posted (edited)

Opening up the marketplace would destroy the game. The entire game is built the way it is with a heavily regulated marketplace in mind. Opening it up would cause so many problems that we can't even think of right now.. I guarantee it would have players begging for a reversal of changes so fast. Besides the rich of course.

The current marketplace is far from perfect but for the game in its current state it is the best.

Also why are people still asking KR devs to make massive changes for the Western client? It's totally unrealistic. Have we not learned from Aion, Tera, etc? KR devs only care as far as our wallets go. They will never make massive changes on Western publisher request unless they think it benefits their core audience, which due to cultural differences, is almost never the case.

Edited by Eppo

Posted (edited)

But then you also have to consider the profit to Kakao. MMOs are driven by this theory of scarcity. A gear treadmill to keep you playing the same content over and over again.

There were people who ran the same instance 200 times for some RNG item. And never got them. Because publishers think only 1 percent of the playerbase should be allowed to carry them.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

Economy is fine. Trading would just make real money transactions go through the roof. WTS Dande $100 paypal. I can see it now. Pre-order your items at a high price and set notifications and then bid.

Posted

But then you also have to consider the profit to Kakao. MMOs are driven by this theory of scarcity. A gear treadmill to keep you playing the same content over and over again.

There were people who ran the same instance 200 times for some RNG item. And never got them. Because publishers think only 1 percent of the playerbase should be allowed to carry them.

Not scarcity, devs don't give a damn about scarcity, all they want is to keep u playing the damn game for as long as possible to buy more time for their next update. So they try their hardest not to let u get what u want, which is pretty cancerous considering those ppl with jobs can't compete with the jobless.

Posted

Thats what I said isnt it. The profit to Kakao. MMO publishers have to keep you playing. And most of them have assumed that the easiest way to keep you playing the same content is to create scarcity. They are afraid that if everyone got to level 62, get their pen items in a week. Then there is no further reason for players to play. Its like when girls dont put out or say something like. Only after marriage.

Posted

No. I dont want to pay 5 million for a steel axe

Posted

Thats what I said isnt it. The profit to Kakao. MMO publishers have to keep you playing. And most of them have assumed that the easiest way to keep you playing the same content is to create scarcity. They are afraid that if everyone got to level 62, get their pen items in a week. Then there is no further reason for players to play. Its like when girls dont put out or say something like. Only after marriage.

yeah I know but the way they doing it is not ethical at all. The game's beautiful, I give full credit to that, it can keep a new player playing for at least a couple of months or even up to a year. But once u hit end game, it gets really toxic, upgrading gear through RNG is cancerous as F, everything is sold out on the market u have to outbid everybody which is also cancerous as F, not to mention horses, pets...etc 

Posted

:P have you notice anything? some items is already being controlled by bots..

What items are controlled by bots? Chickens?