• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will BDO succeed?

87 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm wondering if BDO will be the next big MMO game, I know it's been out for a while but will it be like the "new wow"? I was very young when wow came out, only two years old. And I really want to experience what people did back then. A world that is big, everybody is playing on it and a great game. BDO seems like a great game! I really want it to succeed. Will it succeed?

Posted (edited)

Honestly questions like these are like:

"Is the universe limitless?"

Just enjoy the game while you still can.

EDIT: You'll never experience smtg close to WoW's first day's, players changed, market changed.

Edited by Shastalya
2 people like this

Posted

Kind of a weird question and no doubt you are going to have a bunch of trolls here, bdo is a successful game. It's provided me with a year of emotions (mostly being triggered) but when something does go your way it makes it worthwhile.

The only downfall of the game will be the lack of care and advice taken by publishers because they are based in KR and frankly build their entire game to how they do things in that region. If they increase the p2w then game will die for sure. But right now it's in a sweet spot and as long as it continues as normal it will go for years to come.

(Hopefully they fix their shitty servers though)

Posted

Yes.

Posted

Well sayed, play it as long you can and want. If not, there is something else out there and there will something else coming up.

Nothing in live is granted.

Posted

Looks like this one will be around for years to come so far. 

Posted

Honestly questions like these are like:

"Is the universe limitless?"

Just enjoy the game while you still can.

EDIT: I'll use World of warcraft as a comparison to every MMORPG out there, and then fails to recognize that the MMO-Genre is extremely saturated thanks to large influx of MMORPG all over the place with options, and choices. A healthy MMORPG status changed dramastically, and how we precieves MMORPG also had changed.

Edited that a bit.

Let compare this to real life scenario. 

Mcdonald, Burger King, and White Castle.

Let say Mcdonald was first built Fast food in the area. Everybody goes there, and it get filled out quick to the brim.

A few years later. Burger King got built. Number of costumers deceased, but loyal customers to Mcdonald are still at large.

Then a few years later again. White Castle got built, and decreased the numbers of customers from Burger king, and McDonald.

All it takes, is 

'How do you know a MMORPG is succeeding?" Ask yourself

1. Is the server up, and running? [Exception from belows. Or there is the Shutdown Date. Good examples are Vanguard: The Saga, and Club Penguin.]

2. Is development team active per monthly basis? [Streams, Q/A, Developers activites on any forums, or reddit such.If Developers' primary language not english. Are they active on their own region?]

3. Is number of players decreased to less than <5,000~ players? 

4. Are communities complaining? [If yes. The game is ironically healthy. The community is truly dead if something is broken, and no one complains about it at all. Also the forum activities is very reduced.] 

Some of these sign can prove how MMORPG succeeds.Have fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bless online closing servers in russia few months after release. Nuff said.

2 people like this

Posted

Nothing will ever compare to WoW's size due to the fact that it was released at a time when MMOs were few and far between, you'll hardly get a new game with millions of players like WoW because people jump ship at the slightest disappointment and there are new MMOs every wee. BDO is a niche MMO, so it will never be as popular as WoW or even FF14 and GW2, however it has been shown to be growing or at least remaining stable and it's still pulling in a large amount of revenue. Will it ever succeed? No, because it already has. 

8 people like this

Posted

...not will... BDO is allready a success.

Posted

D  E  A  D  G  A  M  E
E
A
D
G
A
M
E

3 people like this

Posted

-Entilted textwall up there-

Okay thank you my son, you on the other hand failed to perceive that i was not talking about variety of products (MMO's here) available nor the content...

I was speaking of the player base back then, and you seem to be one of them players who take things way too much seriously, did you just made a textwall to explain me how life works or?

Btw the feeling was not the same thing at all, a game is great because of it's players aswell. (EVE?? Someone?) Mentality changed and you are proof entilted kiddo, of course everyone can check the content/updates/test/reviews/gossips.... but the core remains players and their spirit.

Maybe you should try to calm your tits for a while and go to see McDonalds and say hi for me when you'll go there.

People these days...

Nothing will ever compare to WoW's size due to the fact that it was released at a time when MMOs were few and far between, you'll hardly get a new game with millions of players like WoW because people jump ship at the slightest disappointment and there are new MMOs every wee. BDO is a niche MMO, so it will never be as popular as WoW or even FF14 and GW2, however it has been shown to be growing or at least remaining stable and it's still pulling in a large amount of revenue. Will it ever succeed? No, because it already has. 

Well FOR ONCE i agree with you. Let's not start a P2W debat that's all. xD

Posted (edited)

But for reals BDO seems like it's gonna be good to go for a while. They keep releasing new content and have a relatively huge team of devs still working on it. 

Long as the devs don't jump ship I don't see BDO tanking. And there aren't any MMO's in the works atm that even compare to BDO graphics wise. Until that happens who can even compete with BDO?

Edited by Dremlock
1 person likes this

Posted

Entitled post here.

Let both go to Mcdonald then. :D 

Posted (edited)

We're a year in and BDO hasn't sold out on it's artistic vision. That's gotta be some kind of industry mile stone. Any other MMO would have already rolled out the cheer leader costumes, pom poms and sukumizus. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

We're a year in and BDO hasn't sold out on it's artistic vision. That's gotta be some kind of industry mile stone. Any other MMO would have already rolled out the cheer leader costumes, pom poms and sukumizus. 

Implying we hadn't already.

Posted

Implying we hadn't already.

Our fan service levels aren't nearly high enough yet to constitute selling out. 

Posted

Our fan service levels aren't nearly high enough yet to constitute selling out. 

True. But we'll probably reach that point if they ever implemented dwarves class.

And twisted it to make it a loli-class in disguise. Motherf-

Posted

True. But we'll probably reach that point if they ever implemented dwarves class.

Hidden Content

we already got tamers. Tamers are already 99.9% loli 

Everyone out there pretending tamers aren't loli are just kidding themselves. 

Posted

I have play WoW since one year before the release (was in the first wave of closed beta), and I quit play WoW for around two years ago.

In the start WoW was not so big, but it grove very fast. But in this time WoW have no competition. In beginning WoW have a terrible graphic, compare to today. No auction house, no of almost everything. But patch after patch they put in new stuff.

I believe in BDO. Yes, and it succeed! But I don't believe BDO coming to have 11 M player like WoW have when it was on top. From my opinion BDO already have more content than WoW have, and it's grove fast. BDO is a more living world than WoW. But all that is my opinion.

Posted

BDO was even nice enough to consolidate the furry class and the loli class into ONE class to isolate the degeneracy. That's some advanced planning if I've ever seen it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

KR is pretty much dead but NA continues to grow. The Devs will probably start to focus more of their assets on NA. (hopefully on better servers) and put more money into ads and TV spots (which they have been doing).

Once KR completely dies out (I give it 3 years tops), NABDO might have a chance at being pretty good if Kakao is willing to put up the cash. 

Posted

With MMOs being popular these days, there will always be the subpar players incapable to succeed in instanced group content such as raids or unable to perform well in skill-based PvP. BDO manages to provide the kind of environment where even they can be successful. As such, the game is indeed niche, but manages nicely to cater to that kind of target audience. That and providing pretty graphics and a good life-skill simulator of course.

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO was even nice enough to consolidate the furry class and the loli class into ONE class to isolate the degeneracy. That's some advanced planning if I've ever seen it. 

RPers also have a specific chat, top notch management on this side.

Posted

You mean beastality-fetishist.

We'll probably get a furry class after Striker, and 'Chinese' with exposure of furry-races showing up in Kamasylve

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0