• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will BDO succeed?

87 posts in this topic

Posted

That's not even the name of the game. How many times i gotta correct you son?

Vamers-Gaming-Vamers-Voice-NO-MANS-LIE-T

On a side note sjw's just came out with a new sc expac

221.jpg

I -----ing hate starcraft 2, 6 years waiting 120$ for a 6 new units. ----- them.

Posted

BDO is already a success per  se. 

Posted

In the far future, when the servers close. They should give everyone a single player digital copy of Black Desert.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If this Poll topic shows us the average players BDO is "Great Success". 56% of all players spent 400$+ :)

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

It will keep players with final equipment and multi-millionaires, and many people will emigrate to other games that do not emphasize the player's addiction. I know more than a thousand cases of abandonment of the game only by the politics of enchantment (a failure failstack), another by the ridiculous drips. I already tell you that neither playing 16h daily for 6 months you have secured your capital. You spend another life in the market to see if you buy that you need and you are removed another player. Anyone who knows bdo knows that I speak. Success would have if they stopped squeezing the vital clock of each putting less life investment. My life is already getting tired of bdo, for example. Another is that they will open the South American market and eat several more years. I do not know, mechanics in Europe are not going to eat a thorn.

Posted

We're a year in and BDO hasn't sold out on it's artistic vision. That's gotta be some kind of industry mile stone. Any other MMO would have already rolled out the cheer leader costumes, pom poms and sukumizus. 

*cough* Blade n Soul *cough*

Posted

I'm wondering if BDO will be the next big MMO game, I know it's been out for a while but will it be like the "new wow"? I was very young when wow came out, only two years old. And I really want to experience what people did back then. A world that is big, everybody is playing on it and a great game. BDO seems like a great game! I really want it to succeed. Will it succeed?

BDO is a niche game, it isn't on the same level as WoW or even GW2.  But you don't need WoW's population to be considered a "success".  BDO caters to a niche playerbase well so the game should be able to keep going without a problem as long as they keep cycling in content and new classes.  Just don't expect this game to get popular in the West.  

Also as a rule, new MMO's get 1 chance to make an impression, and that's at launch.  After launch, you can run ad campaigns and release expansions, you can draw some players back and attract some new ones, but you never get back to the initial peak level of players.  There are rare cases where a game revamps and relaunches and got more popular, but they are rare.  So don't expect this game to grow beyond its previous peak capacity.

The game is beautiful, it runs on a decent proprietary engine, and the action combat is fun.  But the grind above soft cap is not something majority of the gamers in the West are willing to stomach.  BDO's anniversary census graph shows only 5% of the playerbase population were above lvl 56, that's telling in itself.  The heavy RNG based gameplay from gear upgrades to lifeskills to luck based market system are also not attractive to most of the gamers here.  The system requirement alone alienates majority of the players that are playing WoW, because if you know WoW's success, you should know a large part of it has to do with its accessibility.

The lack of player trading have guilds from other games wondering why.  Lastly the pearlshop is very expensive, $25-$34 outfits class bound, compared to other games where outfits are usually around $10 and account-bound.  But with that said BDO seems to cater to whatever their fanbase wants so as long as they keep going down this road, and keep coming out with content at a decent pace, it'll do alright.  It's successful in its own way.

Posted

I'm wondering if BDO will be the next big MMO game, I know it's been out for a while but will it be like the "new wow"? I was very young when wow came out, only two years old. And I really want to experience what people did back then. A world that is big, everybody is playing on it and a great game. BDO seems like a great game! I really want it to succeed. Will it succeed?

Wow was an ugly garish uninspired Themepark by most hardcore MMO-Sandbox standards at the time.  Infact being a huge Blizzard fanboy at the time it was first ANNOUNCED  (IE: before you were even born -- don't worry, this feels even weirder to me saying it than it does for you having to read it)  ..I can tell you exactly what their Press statement on it to us Warcraft oldf*gs was boiled down to its TL'DR'est form: 

"We really love Everquest and we just want to make our own version of that set in the Warcraft universe"  

...it was pretty devastating to the guys who were so hyped for Warcraft-Adventures... And it didn't impress any of the Balder's /  U.O./ Lineage / Meridian59'er tryhards or anyone else for that matter who knew what a proper competitive MMO should actually Incentivize.  ...No it's just all a massive case of Nostalgia and the reason you hear its earliest days of existence hyped up to such godlike proportions is because it was literally "Baby's first MMO" for all those people who had never experienced the finer points of MUDs or TableGames and Social-Progression based Gaming of any kind.

Flash forward to today...And BDO doesn't really follow any of that stuff either except maybe trying to imp the more frustrating parts of the earliest Korean MMO's which admittedly started off in their own Cultural rut and stayed a lot Truer to it than the disgustingly hand-holdy direction that most all Western developers have taken.  So don't expect it to be the sort of community that is Nostalgia'd about the same way Vanilla WOW was regardless of how ignorant all those Fan-kids were back then.  BDO's far too grounded in formulaic autistic number crunching like EVE online is to ever mass-attract a Second WOW'ening  of prepubescent slack jawed yokels

Posted

will never be a "WOW" and i hope it stays that way! I prefer a smaller community that loves pvp. For me BDO should be even more hardcore, without jail and with a new Karma system where cleaning karma should be easier and we should not get karma from griefers (they are working on that actually), with proper pvp ranks and guild ranks, with guild alliances and guild chat, with proper castles (like Lineage 2)...and probably a few other changes

Posted (edited)

This screenshot should say enough, right? Considering you can get a char to 56 within 24 hours, a week if u play casually, I don't think this game is that succesful. Only about 6% of the population actually plays beyond level 56. Of course there are some people that keep their char at 49 to avoid pvp, but I think that's only a small amount that won't increase the % significantly. Also take into account that one account can have multiple chars of 56+ so it can be even less actual people. With this I am assuming of course that 'adventurer population' is the amount of accounts, not the amount of characters.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by Anneturtle

Posted (edited)

This screenshot should say enough, right? Considering you can get a char to 56 within 24 hours, a week if u play casually, I don't think this game is that succesful. Only about 6% of the population actually plays beyond level 56. Of course there are some people that keep their char at 49 to avoid pvp, but I think that's only a small amount that won't increase the % significantly. Also take into account that one account can have multiple chars of 56+ so it can be even less actual people. With this I am assuming of course that 'adventurer population' is the amount of accounts, not the amount of characters.

Screenshot_1.jpg

giphy.gif

The most of our playerbase is casual (like any other MMO) = the game is not that succesfull. Pricelss

Edited by Rena

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

The most of our playerbase is casual (like any other MMO) = the game is not that succesfull. Pricelss

Like I said even when you are casual you can reach 56 in a week. You are talking as if reaching 56 is an achievement lol, it's the easiest thing in the game. My guild is filled with ultimate casuals who are 56 but don't even know what a node is yet. reaching 56 you do even when you don't even try to level and just casually play quests here and there. I'm a casual player and have 2 characters that are level 56. Don't tell me that 1.5 million players aren't 56 because they are 'casual' lol. Most of them aren't 56 because they quit the game within the first year of its release. I was there in july when they released the value pack and literally the servers bled to death because of the major p2w everyone claimed it to be. I could grind at sausans at prime time main spot without anyone ever coming to contest because there was no one left! The game has 'revived' somehow but it's nowhere near as crowded as it used to be. The only reason it seems crowded is because everyone is hurled up in Heidel or Mediah. Go past these areas and  you will hardly bump into a player anymore.

Edited by Anneturtle

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0