• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Killing AFK fisher/horse trainer

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

When I start playing game,some players killed me when I was afk fishing . I was raging I lost money,time etc I was prety upset and complain on team speak.Then gm of player who killed me,explain me why,and to be fair it make sense.He said more or less

" BDO is pvp game,even when at the moment we are not in war making other guilde weaker,makes our stronger in that action.We are not ally ,therefore fish in safe zone bracousr karma is resource as well and it would be shame that is wasted"

At start I was thinking what a duche bag ,but after think ,he was right and I do understant why he done it.

6 people like this

Posted

Hi

When I start playing game,some players killed me when I was afk fishing . I was raging I lost money,time etc I was prety upset and complain on team speak.Then gm of player who killed me,explain me why,and to be fair it make sense.He said more or less

" BDO is pvp game,even when at the moment we are not in war making other guilde weaker,makes our stronger in that action.We are not ally ,therefore fish in safe zone bracousr karma is resource as well and it would be shame that is wasted"

At start I was thinking what a duche bag ,but after think ,he was right and I do understant why he done it.

you also drop fish, which is a direct financial advantage to kill an afk Fisher.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are in a big guild, then the GM could get away with that argument.

Otherwise it's just BS.

If the financial advantage of the fish dropped is that great, then they should up the Karma penalty.  :-P

Posted (edited)

Otherwise it's just BS.

If the financial advantage of the fish dropped is that great, then they should up the Karma penalty.  :-P

You are wrong ,just think about it.YOU are potential enemy in future,whatewer small action like killing you afk during fishing,make me stronger beacouse you will have less cash to spend for gear in long run.If you don,t like pvp aspect of game fish in safe zone easy

Edited by gurghul

Posted

Heard that excuse before and even if one would agree to take it seriously, it's nothing but a drop into the ocean when it comes to overall player progression.

If one wants to argue along those lines of thinking, one would have to start sabotaging the kind of players who no-life the game all day because that's what the game rewards the most. Then one can continue with those kind of players who one-shot enchantments beyond TRI because they had to spend less resources on it and as such pulled ahead. Then one continue with members of those guilds owning a castle because they get the extra silver. The list goes on.

So, time to check the growth top-ranks and karma-bomb away? :P

Posted

Otherwise it's just BS.

killing afk fishers was the best method of making money back in the old days, even now it's fairly decent if you know the active fishers rotations. Bit the variant of income is too large for it too be consistent.

Posted

And that's the reason why a lot of players don't want to see PvE only chanels.

Posted

You are wrong ,just think about it.YOU are potential enemy in future,whatewer small action like killing you afk during fishing,make me stronger beacouse you will have less cash to spend for gear in long run.If you don,t like pvp aspect of game fish in safe zone easy

I blow my cash up on horses. No worries there.

1 person likes this

Posted

And that's the reason why a lot of players don't want to see PvE only chanels.

bdo will never have pve chanell

Posted (edited)

you also drop fish, which is a direct financial advantage to kill an afk Fisher.

Sometimes i'm surprised i'm not killed on my way to trade in fish. When i do my fish trade runs, there are times when i'm carrying ~20-30 coels. That's about 16m+(under estimating) mil right there.

Edited by War

Posted

BDO is a pve and a pvp game.

But people like the world to revolve around them, so of course they'd say one or the other.

Fish in safe zone unless you're fine with potentially getting killed.

Let people complain about lag in cities, as it may potentially be a consequence of their actions anyway.

Posted

Sometimes i'm surprised i'm not killed on my way to trade in fish. When i do my fish trade runs, there are times when i'm carrying ~20-30 coels. That's about 16m+(under estimating) mil right there.

Well, it's not like you have a beacon on you if you have more than 10 on you.

There's an armor set in ESO that gives you extra stats when you are carrying Tel Var stones in the Imperial City. If you die in IC, you lose 50% of the stones you are carrying, and if you are killed by another player, they get your stones. 

But if you have enough stones to activate the effect, you literally glow blue.

Posted

Well, it's not like you have a beacon on you if you have more than 10 on you.

There's an armor set in ESO that gives you extra stats when you are carrying Tel Var stones in the Imperial City. If you die in IC, you lose 50% of the stones you are carrying, and if you are killed by another player, they get your stones. 

But if you have enough stones to activate the effect, you literally glow blue.

Generally when i'm running from my fishing spots to valencia i keep my fish suit on, i've done this the past 30 times consecutively(for some reason, maybe just to see lol).

If I saw someone pathing like that with a fish suit on i'd probably drop them.

I've even killed fishers on my ventures around hotspots too. Like. That's faster profit man. Smart 2 do.

Posted

People killing afk fishers is exactly why I only do it on a life skill alt, completely circumvents people being dicks

Posted (edited)

People killing afk fishers is exactly why I only do it on a life skill alt, completely circumvents people being dicks

There is no moral outcome of pixels touching pixels and code affecting code. Try again . if you feel you were bullied turn your face away from the monitor. Welcome to the internet where apparently your fake pixels that do not exist and are not tangible dying makes you angry enough to label every person taking this action  a d _ _ _.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Hi

Was expecting salt from first half of post and title. Was pleasntly surprised gj op long live open world pvp ^___^

Posted

There is no moral outcome of pixels touching pixels and code affecting code. Try again . if you feel you were bullied turn your face away from the monitor. Welcome to the internet where apparently your fake pixels that do not exist and are not tangible dying makes you angry enough to label every person taking this action  a d _ _ _.

Well, they are purposely disrupting someone else's leisure time. What would you call them?

Posted

Well, they are purposely disrupting someone else's leisure time. What would you call them?

Using the mechanics of the game ?

Posted

Using the mechanics of the game ?

To annoy other people?

Posted

To annoy other people?

I am not killing people i am killing pixels.. You sound too sensitive for the internet.

Posted

people tried to kill me while i was active fishing, guess what happened to him and his boat.

Posted

people tried to kill me while i was active fishing, guess what happened to him and his boat.

You stroked the moist wood of his boat?

Posted

I am not killing people i am killing pixels.. You sound too sensitive for the internet.

You are being defensive about killing pixels being controlled by other people for their entertainment. In this particular case, pixels that have not interfered with your gameplay in any way.

Posted (edited)

You are assuming i am defensive. When in fact i feel nothing when i kill other players. Again. Code is affecting code. Nothing more nothing less.,Also you say ..

You are being defensive about killing pixels being controlled by other people for their entertainment. In this particular case, pixels that have not interfered with your gameplay in any way.

If they are afk they are not being controlled by people. Can you figure out your own argument before you converse with me please?

Or i can step aside while you argue with yourself for a moment.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

You are assuming i am defensive. When in fact i feel nothing when i kill other players. Again. Code is affecting code. Nothing more nothing less.,Also you say ..

If they are afk they are not being controlled by people. Can you figure out your own argument before you converse with me please?

Or i can step aside while you argue with yourself for a moment.

Even if they are afk, they were set up by a real person, who expected them to perform a task while they were away.

Say for example you could kill the NPCs that ride up and down the road.  Would you do that, knowing it would not negatively affect anyone?