• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valk shield bug - breakdown of communication?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Continuation of the below thread:

to @Alterist I say:

- Why lock when you can just move? You're actively shutting down discussion when we have questions that need answering.

- If Kakao know about it, why haven't they told us whether this is an intended stealth nerf or a bug yet?

- If Kakao require Pearl Abyss to fix it, why does this issue not exist on the KR client?

- Why should Pearl Abyss go out of their way to fix something that Kakao obviously f---ed up themselves?

- In which case, if Kakao broke this themselves, why can't they fix it?

- Is the breakdown of communication with the community in any way a reflection of Kakao's lack of communication with Pearl Abyss?

- Do Kakao even have a direct line of communication with Pearl Abyss anymore for fixes like this?

- Why do we sometimes get balance changes instantly that require no translation, and other times these patches get ignored for months?

@Alterist I know some of these questions may be a bit beyond you but I would appreciate very much if you could pass these on to those actually able to answer them, because I think I speak for all Valkyries when I say we are sick of this.

19 people like this

Posted

Absolutely agree, along with saying that Alterist outright misunderstood the purpose of the thread.

We don't even have an answer as to whether the block deal is a bug or a feature yet. Saying they know about it doesn't mean anything other than "someone replied that they're looking into it". It should, in no way or under any circumstance, take 3 weeks to find out if a major class alteration is a damned bug or a feature.

We *know* it's a bug cause it's simply not present in Korea, but Kakao even refuses to acknowledge it as such and say "a fix is coming soon, chill your beans".

It's insulting.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Alterist needs to step down/be fired as a moderater honestly.
That dude is completely rude af 99% of the time and abuses his powers 100% of the time.
Nothing he does is conductive to this forums health. 

Edited by xcandykitten
3 people like this

Posted

agreed!

Posted

That dude is completely rude af 99% of the time and abuses his powers 100% of the time.

Sadly, you get what you pay for, and moderation of these forums is no exception.

I'm still quite in disbelief that they use volunteer moderators to do this and that people are actually volunteering to do it. But what're you gonna do.

Posted

to @Alterist I say:

1. - Why lock when you can just move? You're actively shutting down discussion when we have questions that need answering.
  2. - If Kakao know about it, why haven't they told us whether this is an intended stealth nerf or a bug yet?
  3. - If Kakao require Pearl Abyss to fix it, why does this issue not exist on the KR client?
  4. - Why should Pearl Abyss go out of their way to fix something that Kakao obviously f---ed up themselves?
  5. - In which case, if Kakao broke this themselves, why can't they fix it?
  6. - Is the breakdown of communication with the community in any way a reflection of Kakao's lack of communication with Pearl Abyss?
  7. - Do Kakao even have a direct line of communication with Pearl Abyss anymore for fixes like this?
  8. - Why do we sometimes get balance changes instantly that require no translation, and other times these patches get ignored for months?

@Alterist I know some of these questions may be a bit beyond you but I would appreciate very much if you could pass these on to those actually able to answer them, because I think I speak for all Valkyries when I say we are sick of this.

1. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137882-did-our-shields-get-weaker-with-todays-patch/
    You have a thread regarding this matter already, how many do you want in this subforum?
  2. Anyone with common sense can answer you that it is a bug. They likely hold back to not get thrown every word back at them in case there is a tiny mistake somewhere. And to quote the skill itself:
    "It absorbs more damage than a normal defense stance." - If it can absorbs less than your preawakened defence stance, it should be obvious what it is.
  3. Because the clients are not the same. Since we're behind them and getting patches in different order, different bugs can occur. Catching up with Korea is also done to actually be able to fix bugs faster.
  4. Because it isn't Kakaos fault. And based on that logic, a bug should exist infinitely if it is the fault of the publisher? However that might work as the patch is likely applied everytime in the same way.
  5. They aren't the developer of this game. They have no programmers for this game and, what is likely with a lot of publishers, aren't even allowed to do this as it could cause more issues that Pearl Abyss would need to fix.
  6. -
  7. -
  8. Iirc, though maybe that was also from my previous MMO, they get thrown into batches for larger patches at once, which can also mean that some get thrown into an imaginary patch box for 2+ months into the future, while a newer ones is already scheduled for next week.

That dude is complete rude af 99% of the time and abuses his powers 100% of the time.

8. Appeal Forum Moderations

• Threads deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Threads that have been removed or closed are not to be re-posted.
  • The User shall not discuss specific cases of moderated posts or disciplinary actions against users on the forum.
  • If the User disagrees with an action taken by the moderator team, an e-mail should be send to forumdisputes@blackdesertonline.com.
  • An uninvolved Community Manager will then review the case.

Go ahead and send an e-mail then.

2 people like this

Posted

As for being rude, you honestly don't deserve anything else than this. But I guess I should rather write pointless post / shitpost / memes, provide incorrect informations, troll, insult them or tell other people to kill themselves, right? Some of these things should ring a bell for you.

You're just unprofessional. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1. Anyone with common sense can answer you that it is a bug.

so we have the official confirmation that it is a bug, when can we expect the class to be fixed because currently even a scroll boss is breaking my shield in a few hits  ... not talking about players with 200+ ap. as you can imagine this makes the class pretty much unplayable. 

Edited by Isteria

Posted (edited)

As for being rude, you honestly don't deserve anything else than this. But I guess I should rather write pointless post / shitpost / memes, provide incorrect informations, troll, insult them or tell other people to kill themselves, right? Some of these things should ring a bell for you.

tfw the moderater trolls, attempts to incite members on the forum and swears all in the same post.

The professional hypocrisy is strong with this one. 

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

What the ----- is that Moderator ? Holy shit.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137882-did-our-shields-get-weaker-with-todays-patch/
    You have a thread regarding this matter already, how many do you want in this subforum?
  2. Anyone with common sense can answer you that it is a bug. They likely hold back to not get thrown every word back at them in case there is a tiny mistake somewhere. And to quote the skill itself:
    "It absorbs more damage than a normal defense stance." - If it can absorbs less than your preawakened defence stance, it should be obvious what it is.
  3. Because the clients are not the same. Since we're behind them and getting patches in different order, different bugs can occur. Catching up with Korea is also done to actually be able to fix bugs faster.
  4. Because it isn't Kakaos fault. And based on that logic, a bug should exist infinitely if it is the fault of the publisher? However that might work as the patch is likely applied everytime in the same way.
  5. They aren't the developer of this game. They have no programmers for this game and, what is likely with a lot of publishers, aren't even allowed to do this as it could cause more issues that Pearl Abyss would need to fix.
  6. -
  7. -
  8. Iirc, though maybe that was also from my previous MMO, they get thrown into batches for larger patches at once, which can also mean that some get thrown into an imaginary patch box for 2+ months into the future, while a newer ones is already scheduled for next week.

• Threads deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Threads that have been removed or closed are not to be re-posted.
  • The User shall not discuss specific cases of moderated posts or disciplinary actions against users on the forum.
  • If the User disagrees with an action taken by the moderator team, an e-mail should be send to forumdisputes@blackdesertonline.com.

1. As many as it takes to get it fixed. As many FIX VALK SHIELD profile pictures as it takes for Kakao to prioritise this.

2. Thank you, it's taken 3 weeks now but as much as you're only a volunteer moderator I consider this official word that is is a bug. I don't really appreciate the sarcastic tone in saying that "anyone with common sense", because we've known it's a bug, we've simply wanted official confirmation, and as much as it's taken 3 weeks and a lot of effort and locked threads, this is at least some sort of progress. 
3+4+5+8. Then please push Kakao to prioritise the class PVE buffs that include the Valk cast speed buff, because in all likelihood those vast changes will accidentally fix the shield bug. That patch requires no translation, it's just PVE changes. It needs bringing forwards, not put in a box to be done eventually.

6+7. Sometimes saying nothing is saying more than something. I will consider this tacit confirmation that Kakao sucks at communicating with Pearl Abyss.

9. I'm not about to report you, because you've actually provided some useful information today, but I will kindly advise you that locking isn't always the answer. In future it would be better if the discussion could be moved to the Valkyrie forum. I posted it in General to get it more widely noticed because as I said earlier: we're sick of not being acknowledged.

@xcandykitten

idszAHx.png

Edited by fallout

Posted

Of which at least the last 3 pages is just @ spam trying to get a bloody answer. Which you'd know if you'd read it. That thread is clearly not getting the answer it craves, so what else are valks supposed to do? Bend over cause you said so?

1. Anyone with common sense can answer you that it is a bug. They likely hold back to not get thrown every word back at them in case there is a tiny mistake somewhere. And to quote the skill itself:

So what you're saying is that Kakao EU doesn't own a shred of goddamned common sense, gotcha. Cause they're not. Your opinion on this matter is merely the same as ours is, but it's still just an opinion and nothing official.

By the by. A "tiny" mistake is spelling christmas 3 different ways on an ad for your games christmas event. Yes, they did that. No, there wasn't a huge public outrage about it either. Most of us do understand that everyone is just human. But as a human you *HAVE TO LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES*. And Kakao EU doesn't. They throw blame elsewhere and leave it at that.

1. Because the clients are not the same. Since we're behind them and getting patches in different order, different bugs can occur. Catching up with Korea is also done to actually be able to fix bugs faster.
  2. Because it isn't Kakaos fault. And based on that logic, a bug should exist infinitely if it is the fault of the publisher? However that might work as the patch is likely applied everytime in the same way.
  3. They aren't the developer of this game. They have no programmers for this game and, what is likely with a lot of publishers, aren't even allowed to do this as it could cause more issues that Pearl Abyss would need to fix.
  4. -
  5. -
  6. Iirc, though maybe that was also from my previous MMO, they get thrown into batches for larger patches at once, which can also mean that some get thrown into an imaginary patch box for 2+ months into the future, while a newer ones is already scheduled for next week.

We were supposed to catch up to Korea at the end of 2016 and we still have patches that're what, a year old? An oldie but a goodie, just take the red warning circles they have on bosses in Korea that're an absolute no-show here. They've had those for what, a year now? Why is the order of quality of life changes completely random?

All of this is very much side tracking into a much bigger issue that is the entirety of BDO where it should be:

What is the OFFICIAL (i.e., not your opinion, idgaf about your opinion) stance on Valkyries awakened guard stance. Bug or nerf?

I've sent a mail there once. You don't get a reply and nothing is apparently done. Serious question, can you tell us who, if any, is responsible for replying to that e-mail or if you're just supposed to silently accept that sweet ----- all gets done by sending mails to it?

Posted (edited)

There is only answer to this, but it would get me banned. We ask for the answer for so many weeks because actually for us, resolving of this bug is IMPORTANT !

I don´t want to pull out the discussion, if wizzards and other classes who are getting fixed overnight are buying more or less pearls than us, but its not fair behavior.

I don´t know, if the people in Kakao are lazy, incompetent or careless, but from point of view of the customer, this behavior hardly acceptable. Is the game comming from North Korea ? In that case, i would understand, some answers may take time to pass through, but honestly, this is just about sending one e-mail and urging the answer, untill I get it.

You have to understand, we are frustrated after so long time with broken gameplay and from fading hope to get any fix soon.

Give us the answer or better, give us the fix and we will be the cute, nice and polite valks again.

Edited by Barena

Posted

he said its a bug !

Posted

he said its a bug !

He's a volunteer mod and as he's quick to say himself, his opinion isn't official.

It doesn't mean anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

So what you're saying is that Kakao EU doesn't own a shred of goddamned common sense, gotcha. Cause they're not. Your opinion on this matter is merely the same as ours is, but it's still just an opinion and nothing official.

We were supposed to catch up to Korea at the end of 2016 and we still have patches that're what, a year old? An oldie but a goodie, just take the red warning circles they have on bosses in Korea that're an absolute no-show here. They've had those for what, a year now? Why is the order of quality of life changes completely random?

All of this is very much side tracking into a much bigger issue that is the entirety of BDO where it should be:

What is the OFFICIAL (i.e., not your opinion, idgaf about your opinion) stance on Valkyries awakened guard stance. Bug or nerf?

I've sent a mail there once. You don't get a reply and nothing is apparently done. Serious question, can you tell us who, if any, is responsible for replying to that e-mail or if you're just supposed to silently accept that sweet ----- all gets done by sending mails to it?

Not even what I said. This thread should come in mind when it comes to claiming A, because the community wants an answer yesterday, and then it suddenly turning into B (only for it to go back to A as a rare case). 

Hey guys, Valks shield is bugged, don't worry about it.
Later
Sorry it was a nerf all along.

Have you considered the fact that we purposely don't get this "feature"? It isn't needed, the bosses don't even have 10 moves, why should they be telegraphed?

And plans change, happened in the past as well. In November Kamasylvia still had three parts, with the OASIS festival earlier this month they decided to push Kamasylvia out in two parts only. We got Dark Knight awakening at the same day as RU this month and JP is still awaiting her awakening. We're catching up, but it also likely never meant that we don't have to wait for patches.

Then wait, the answer will be the same anyways, regardless of it being official or not.

No idea who's behind the emails, could potentially be also more than just a single employee.

6+7. Sometimes saying nothing is saying more than something. I will consider this tacit confirmation that Kakao sucks at communicating with Pearl Abyss.

Or simply that I have no way of knowing this and therefore simply left the question unanswered.

Posted

Not even what I said. This thread should come in mind when it comes to claiming A, because the community wants an answer yesterday, and then it suddenly turning into B (only for it to go back to A as a rare case). 

Hey guys, Valks shield is bugged, don't worry about it.
Later
Sorry it was a nerf all along.

Really? You're using THAT thread as an example of a "tiny mistake"? THAT thread? REALLY?

Have you considered the fact that we purposely don't get this "feature"? It isn't needed, the bosses don't even have 10 moves, why should they be telegraphed?

But it's not the only thing we're missing. It's just something that's incredible easy to point out cause it's so blatantly obvious.

And plans change, happened in the past as well. In November Kamasylvia still had three parts, with the OASIS festival earlier this month they decided to push Kamasylvia out in two parts only. We got Dark Knight awakening at the same day as RU this month and JP is still awaiting her awakening. We're catching up, but it also likely never meant that we don't have to wait for patches.

Yes, and it's *always* cause of miscommunication. It's absolutely nonsense as long as we're getting a carbon copy of a game that's already functioning. If they were actually adapting the game to our market, as they indicated they would with their marketing spiel pre-launch, this could make sense. It currently does not.

No idea who's behind the emails, could potentially be also more than just a single employee.

Good to know, and thanks for completely ignoring the fact that you don't even get a receipt for filing a complaint. It definitely assures me that this is a feature of Kakao EU I should spend more time with.

Then wait, the answer will be the same anyways, regardless of it being official or not.

Do you really think that leaving an entire class in a limbo like they're doing right now is a good thing?

I know you were around when dark flame got its tumbling shit treatment by Kakao. Do you think that stands out as a shining example of how to do things? Cause I don't, and I was quietly snickering to myself in glee at sorcs finally getting the bad end of the stick.

It's a simple -----ing question:

Is the current implementation of awakened guard stance in EU/NA region considered a bug, yes or no?

We've already got a thread that's got 3 pages of @ ing CMs. Do we need another? Or two more? Or how many more before we get a yes or no answer.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because the clients are not the same. Since we're behind them and getting patches in different order, different bugs can occur. Catching up with Korea is also done to actually be able to fix bugs faster.

This method must cause bugs. It is 100% kakao fault because they agreed to make versions mishmash

Posted

I am sorry to say, but... it has been my suspicion for quite a long time now, and it only gets stronger with each passing day, that... the Valkyrie class as a whole is pretty much of VERY low importance up there with the "management", be it our own Publisher here or the Korean "masters" over there.

It looks to me it has become, or rather had always been, a "pet class", which was more or less abandoned to its fate after the initial design and concept, which obviously went pretty damn wrong and never worked properly.

Because... if it was working all right, why then, the population / popularity is soooooooo low? And we ALL know it is, there is no need to lie any more and fool one another here. The ACTUAL active and "playing the game" Valkyrie characters are as rare as rainbow unicorns right now, if not more. Unless you would argue that life skilling in a town, next to the warehouse, riding a horse, or fishing by the water is "actively playing the class"... OK then. Because that's where I have seen 99% of any and all Valkyries since head start and playing this game each and every day.

So, there is something rotten out there. Hey, I am not saying that other classes don't possibly suffer the same fate, but here we are talking about OUR class, right?

As sad as it can be, I have almost accepted the fact that nothing truly important will be done about Valkyries, except for small "teaser fixes", when and if someone over in Korea finds the time and fancy to fool around with a "side pet project" (that's what Valkyries are).

The "broken shield" issue is a prime example, being well known and documented and even ACKNOWLEDGED for what... a month now? Is it really all that hard to look into it and remedy it? I certainly can't believe it is that hard. Holy cow, they could have fixed the SERVERS in that time, if they wanted to.

It is just bottom tier priority, I mean... really BOTTOM one. There is important crap happening around now, the lovely new cutie Dark Knight Elfie and all her fancy stuff and hype, the even newer striker geezer super hype (and of course, the relevant awakening), oh, the "mysterious" other class in the works, even more hype and anticipation, and bait to keep the hungry customers players alert and their wallets ready. Who gives a flying duck for a pet / meme class like Valkyrie now, eh? And the 0.1% of the "player base" actually playing it. Simple business, simple math, sad truth.

P.S. And I still don't care, I will keep playing my lovely Valkyrie and love her, I am such a stubborn loser, this I am, thanks.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree, the amount of unprofessionalism is astonishing.

Sadly, you get what you pay for, and moderation of these forums is no exception.

I'm still quite in disbelief that they use volunteer moderators to do this and that people are actually volunteering to do it. But what're you gonna do.

Sadly yes, but it also gives a poor reflection of the publisher itself, seeing as how they just allow power high kids to make shit posts while being "senior volunteer moderator". They should take more action or apply more rules as to how ppl that bear these titles should behave.

6. -
  7. -

Instead of being so rude, powerhungry and entitled, perhaps a tad bit professionalism would do wonders?

Since things are so obvious to you, so much as to say everything that you deem obvious should also be obvious to the entire population, it's not as obvious to you that we just want an official statement. That's all, not some entitled shit post from a wanna be mod that volunteered, yet can't even show an ounce of professionalism. You volunteered, you obviously should know how to behave on daily basis by now while performing a job, which this still is, regardless if you get paid or not. You also, obviously, should know by now how forums and online communities work.

Key word, as you obviously use it alot, OBVIOUS.

Now i can't wait for this to be edited, while i'll also be sending a mail, as i hope alot of other ppl will do too, so your behaviour in a professional environment can be looked at and dealt with.

1 person likes this

Posted

Now i can't wait for this to be edited, while i'll also be sending a mail, as i hope alot of other ppl will do too, so your behaviour in a professional environment can be looked at and dealt with.

I would, but my experience tells me it's not worth the time. I hope yours is better.

Posted

It's simply a question of L2P. Valk is like outdated old milk. Just throw it away already and not spill it all over the forums.

Reroll DK or something

Posted (edited)

6. -
  7. -

Oh get off your high chair and leave Valks forums if you dont have anything to say.

Being rude or not rude. Doeosnt -----ing matter. Youre a moderator. Customer service kinda role? We can throw shit in your face and you respond nicely to us. not your kind of thing? get the ----- outta here. You arent a special snowflake. I was a mod. wanted to be rude so stopped being a mod. I think a sheep is more profesional than you are.

It's simply a question of L2P. Valk is like outdated old milk. Just throw it away already and not spill it all over the forums.

Reroll DK or something

We shouldnt have to leave our favorite class because its 'old'. New class or old class should get the same loove. Its still a class.

@CM_Praballo Can you look intoo this little forum moderator of yours  and give him what ve deserves? or it deserves?

Edited by XkiviX
1 person likes this

Posted

Reroll DK or something

valks shield currently bugged to zero when taking even the smallest of dmg.

Posted

y'all are getting wild up in here YEEHAW

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0