• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valk shield bug - breakdown of communication?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

y'all are getting wild up in here YEEHAW

When all classes are being worked at and constantly announced while your own class has hard time being looked at after obvious bug ( seeing Korea does not have this issue) Its not that hard to let your anger out honestly.

WOuld be easier to just roll Dk ye ye ye. Would be easier to roll Striker after DK ye ye ye. I stick by my Valk and I believe I should feel safe playing the class i chose to play as

Posted

WOuld be easier to just roll Dk ye ye ye. Would be easier to roll Striker after DK ye ye ye. I stick by my Valk and I believe I should feel safe playing the class i chose to play as

The only consistently "safe" classes are Warrior, Witch, and Wizard. They are always good regardless of the "balance" of other classes.

Also if the shield bug is fixed in Korea its only a matter of time before it gets copy pasta to us. I dont think our publishers would get any date on it though, just an email the week of the patch.

Posted

Also if the shield bug is fixed in Korea its only a matter of time before it gets copy pasta to us. I dont think our publishers would get any date on it though, just an email the week of the patch.

It's not fixed in Korea.

It was never an issue in Korea.

Posted

Well time to find a better game i guess where even the publishers don't have the balls to make a statement, or even attempt to use google translate to communicate with the developers.

Maybe we should just all roll warrior? Lul or sorc

Posted

Could always try testing to see if it was fixed but not added in patch notes. Unlikely but not impossible. :v

Posted

Could always try testing to see if it was fixed but not added in patch notes. Unlikely but not impossible. :v

That's literally the first thing half the valk discord does when the servers are back up.

It's not fixed.

Posted

have u tested it?

Posted

The only consistently "safe" classes are Warrior, Witch, and Wizard. They are always good regardless of the "balance" of other classes.

It NEVER happened in korea

Posted

Thank u Kakao for not fixing this bug,. taking a break from this game now. cya

1 person likes this

Posted

have u tested it?

yea i tested it

Posted

I'll make this simple.  As long as this shield thing is unresolved I will not be playing this game.

End

Of

Story

Posted

As for being rude, you honestly don't deserve anything else than this. But I guess I should rather write pointless post / shitpost / memes, provide incorrect informations, troll, insult them or tell other people to kill themselves, right? Some of these things should ring a bell for you.

I have nothing against you Alterist but even if a member of the community is being disrespectful what you just posted here is extremely unprofessional and Kakao should really be ashamed. You pretty much name and shamed the dude by listing some of the things he may or may not have done. You forum mods are fairly quick to edit posts when someone does it but you just shown you don't care and that you are above the the forum rules. Disrespectful. 

2 people like this

Posted

lol

Some of y'all might need to calm it down a bit. Tagging them multiple times will only force them to ignore you (specifically) more. They've already said they're looking into it. And they're not gonna console you every week when it's not fixed. So calm down, and --oh, don't do it--  GIT GU-----

=============

Alright, fck that crow.

Some quick ways to help you settle into your new reality (hopefully not for long)

1. Getting over 350 DP, preferably 370 (troll mode and optional)

2. Keeping your shield recharged during fights. This is done by staying mobile obviously, but holding Q while using [A or D + LMB/RMB] should help your shield recharge a bit each time. Plus side, you evade a couple attacks, and gain movement speed increase for you to run. Down side, it is 200 stamina per so you might want to consider going with some accessories that give you stamina, specifically on the earring side, there's the option to go Khalk with 1 RCE or 2 Khalks if you're getting your accuracy from somewhere else. There's also Manos Topaz Earring for those going the DP route.

3. Rework your play-style - No more holding your shield up for long periods at a time. No more inching your way into a fight. Just go in, do what you can (CC, dmg), then get out of there. Learning and paying attention to some of the Extreme damage animations from the other classes would help you a little. Example being, Wizard's awakened Black spirit rage skill, when you see that, you say "oh shiiiit," block the little you can from it, then get out of there to regain hp but mostly your shield gauge.

=============

There's not much else to say other than that. Um...If you haven't gotten used to it by now, then probably play another class or wait for them to fix. But most importantly, stay calm.

Posted

lol

Some of y'all might need to calm it down a bit. Tagging them multiple times will only force them to ignore you (specifically) more. They've already said they're looking into it. And they're not gonna console you every week when it's not fixed. So calm down, and --oh, don't do it--  GIT GU-----

=============

Alright, fck that crow.

Some quick ways to help you settle into your new reality (hopefully not for long)

2. Keeping your shield recharged during fights. This is done by staying mobile obviously, but holding Q while using [A or D + LMB/RMB] should help your shield recharge a bit each time. Plus side, you evade a couple attacks, and gain movement speed increase for you to run. Down side, it is 200 stamina per so you might want to consider going with some accessories that give you stamina, specifically on the earring side, there's the option to go Khalk with 1 RCE or 2 Khalks if you're getting your accuracy from somewhere else. There's also Manos Topaz Earring for those going the DP route.

3. Rework your play-style - No more holding your shield up for long periods at a time. No more inching your way into a fight. Just go in, do what you can (CC, dmg), then get out of there. Learning and paying attention to some of the Extreme damage animations from the other classes would help you a little. Example being, Wizard's awakened Black spirit rage skill, when you see that, you say "oh shiiiit," block the little you can from it, then get out of there to regain hp but mostly your shield gauge.

=============

There's not much else to say other than that. Um...If you haven't gotten used to it by now, then probably play another class or wait for them to fix. But most importantly, stay calm.

So basically, don't play Valkyrie the way she was intended to be played? gotcha. Should just said to reroll lol 

Posted

lol

=============

Alright, fck that crow.

=============

No.  I'll play another game.  There's plenty of them out there now.

I'm playing a lot of Civ 6 and Midair at the moment.

Posted

So basically, don't play Valkyrie the way she was intended to be played? gotcha. Should just said to reroll lol 

Different ways to play valk....no one talks about them, but I just gave hints at 2 different ways in my last post.

No.  I'll play another game.  There's plenty of them out there now.

I'm playing a lot of Civ 6 and Midair at the moment.

I've been playing other games too. lol but for other reasons.

Posted

Different ways to play valk....no one talks about them, but I just gave hints at 2 different ways in my last post.

If I don't want to use my shield and rely on evasion and moving around I'll play my sorc and plum. I play my valkyrie as a durable tank. She lost the durability part which in turn crushes the tank part as well. Putting up your shield now is basically CCing yourself  

Posted

Unless you are lucky or in a spot were you weren't a threat anyway, there is no getting out once your block is depleted though since you're CC by the shield breaking itself and then KD by a random spell (and if you're not, you don't have a block to chase away anyway).

So yeah, we have to adapt but it implies a lot of running around not doing anything relevant or simply overgearing your opponent. Which isn't particularly fun.

Posted (edited)

Unless you are lucky or in a spot were you weren't a threat anyway, there is no getting out once your block is depleted though since you're CC by the shield breaking itself and then KD by a random spell (and if you're not, you don't have a block to chase away anyway).

So yeah, we have to adapt but it implies a lot of running around not doing anything relevant or simply overgearing your opponent. Which isn't particularly fun.

I'll admit it can be GG when your shield breaks, but it will take a bit of quick thinking to get out of there (if lag and desync aren't a factor in your death), and also if you're not fighting like 5+ people, you should be able to get back into guard quickly by evading (once with [A or D + LMB/RMB]) then Q to get back into guard and running from the fight with shield chase or other skills (if not on cooldown).

There's also weighing the situation and deciding whether you want to use your Guard or not. The use of Super Armor skills can help to not waste guard on some tiny damage that you can probably just take on yourself and live. (that's where going with the extra dp option comes into play.)

And yes, there is a lot of running around and not doing anything relevant but at least you'll be alive for when your valk skills are truly needed.

EDIT: Your shield breaking will put you back into Pre-awakening, but  [A or D + LMB/RMB] Is still available there.

Edited by Crow'sRage

Posted

Looking into it was WEEKS ago.

Imagine your precious wizards pets was suddenly getting 1-shot by level 3 goblins? It's that kinda class breaking.

Posted

If I don't want to use my shield and rely on evasion and moving around I'll play my sorc and plum. I play my valkyrie as a durable tank. She lost the durability part which in turn crushes the tank part as well. Putting up your shield now is basically CCing yourself  

This man speaks the truth. It was sad but I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the irony

I must say I'm newer to valk so I haven't played much before this bug, but i have to say leveling after 50 (especially 56+) was very noticeable. Someone with a warrior and valk should do a shield durability comparison video. Maybe they need a visual push... 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Looking into it was WEEKS ago.

Imagine your precious wizards pets was suddenly getting 1-shot by level 3 goblins? It's that kinda class breaking.

Wizard pets? Dying? funny joke, friend

Edited by fallout

Posted

lol

=============

Alright, fck that crow.

=============

btw the have not said that they are working to fix this. They have not said that this is a bug. They have not said that this was a intended feature. That's the problem and not for just us valks for all classes. 

You don't know how to play valk so what you said would work but what the point of playing the play style of a different class with out the  mechanics to go with that play style? Just reroll then. Now I need to spend billions Get different gear to counter a bug that they  might fix.

But I do agree is no point getting stressed out or angry this is just how there are. We can still grind use roll on bosses don't block all the time. Pvp lol if you have gear then go for it if not just make silver and wait 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0