• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

@kakao [Weekend Buff]: Westernizing XP Events

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm sure I don't speak for everyone but within my own guild and circle of friends I've spoken to there isn't a single person that has disagreed with this suggestion:

1) Convert the Weekend XP buff to (2) auto-claimed items on login, or mailed items that can be used in a 7 day period and then expire upon weekly reset.

2) Allow the player to use these 2 items whenever they want during the week that each give 24 hours of 100% XP bonus. 

I don't know about all of you but the weekends for me are super busy.  I'm always running errands, going out with the girlfriend, seeing friends, or whatever.  I play BDO primarily after work (or at work) during the week wayyy more than I am able to commit to during the weekend.  Also a large part of Saturday's for siege guilds is lost to siege preparation and the long siege itself.  It really doesn't make sense to pigeon hole ALL players to take advantage of this on the same 2 days of the week and assume that everyone has the same schedule, does it?  Same goes for this new world boss that is supposed to be ONLY on Friday's at a certain time.  Again, completely nonsensical, but that's a whole different topic.

So @CM_Aethon can you please forward this suggestion to the powers that be?

Edited by Proto
49 people like this

Posted

-like-

Posted

UhzHWLD.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, please. Weekends are such a busy time for me. I'd love to have my exp boost days be flexible.

Posted

+1 for this. I work on weekends and miss out on the double exp all the time, this would be great :)

Posted

while this is a great idea, this idea has been proposed multiple times without any acknowledgment from Kakao/PA.

Expect nothing from this. :/

Posted

I see no downside to this and this would benefit me aswell, working saturdays and being in a siege guild.

Would also make spots less crowded, which might be exactly what pearl abyss doesn't want so the game feels more lively. 🤔

Posted

Yeah, particularly if a lot of Saturday is spent on siege preparations, it would make sense to have this as a 24-hour buff that can be activated (non-stackable, so if you miss one weekend, you don't get to stack 4 the next).

I don't see a downside.

Posted

Love this idea! 

Posted

I think rather than 2 items, I like it if they gave 3 instead, considering during the weekends we have about 2 days and 15 hours every week . Every hour counts!

Posted

I agree. I work weekends... only weekends. Make it flexible!

Posted

We had Rick van Beems prelaunch spiel about how our version was buy to play so they could adapt it to our market.

It's about time we see some of this adapting.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure I don't speak for everyone but within my own guild and circle of friends I've spoken to there isn't a single person that has disagreed with this suggestion:

1) Convert the Weekend XP buff to (2) auto-claimed items on login, or mailed items that can be used in a 7 day period and then expire upon weekly reset.

2) Allow the player to use these 2 items whenever they want during the week that each give 24 hours of 100% XP bonus. 

I don't know about all of you but the weekends for me are super busy.  I'm always running errands, going out with the girlfriend, seeing friends, or whatever.  I play BDO primarily after work (or at work) during the week wayyy more than I am able to commit to during the weekend.  Also a large part of Saturday's for siege guilds is lost to siege preparation and the long siege itself.  It really doesn't make sense to pigeon hole ALL players to take advantage of this on the same 2 days of the week and assume that everyone has the same schedule, does it?  Same goes for this new world boss that is supposed to be ONLY on Friday's at a certain time.  Again, completely nonsensical, but that's a whole different topic.

My gm has a gf, and things to do irl. What a show off. FML ded guild.

Also +1

1 person likes this

Posted

We had Rick van Beems prelaunch spiel about how our version was buy to play so they could adapt it to our market.

It's about time we see some of this adapting.

Exactly.

Posted

Does westernize mean cater for the lazy and entitled? 

The buff isnt there just for your gain, its to get everyone off their ass and play the game 

this isnt a single player game, go fight for a spot or group and make some friends, this buff is designed to fill up the grind areas and get everyone playing together 

2 people like this

Posted

The buff isnt there just for your gain, its to get everyone off their ass and play the game 

this isnt a single player game, go fight for a spot or group and make some friends, this buff is designed to fill up the grind areas and get everyone playing together 

I think the OP's point is mainly for convenience, so that he can utilize 100% xp a lot better for himself. And the buff is there on the weekends because majority of  the players have the day off or time to play.

Posted

I would like to see a %lifeskill buff instead of the combat/skill we have been getting the last 50 or so weeks, we have had lifeskill buffs before so there isn't any good reason why we have to have combat/skill buffs all the time.

Posted (edited)

One reason this may not work technically is that buffs that are character specific will count down only as long as you are logged into your character.

The weekend buff is an event that counts down and expires whether or not you're logged into your character.

I'd love to have a 100% combat exp bonus that lasts 24 hours x 2 for me to use whenever I am logged into that alt. I would even spread the love between two alts since I don't play a whole lot. But I don't think that's their intent for the buff.

Kakao hasn't responded, but I suspect it's because there is no mechanism in the game for character specific buffs to countdown and expire when you're not logged into the character.

Edit: I guess the combat book is a type of buff that does this.. so the way they could do it is give a 1d combat book x 2 in mail, but they would need a way for the item to expire too.

Edited by Sibyyl
1 person likes this

Posted

Its almost like you disregarded the points made in the OP and just said what you wanted to say.

@Sibyyl They could make it like the kamasylve buff which is account wide and counts down regardless of online or not.

Posted

But if you get the XP boost as an item to use when you want its not longer an event. Its a weekend event, so you plan around it and stop trying to make it even more casual. There is nothing western about this idea either at all even a bigger company like blizzard wouldn't do this for you. They would just give you a "deal with it" and plan better.

I like it being an event.. makes it more giving because people cant just hold on to the items and just chain them for a mega xp week(s).

Posted (edited)

But if you get the XP boost as an item to use when you want its not longer an event. Its a weekend event, so you plan around it and stop trying to make it even more casual. There is nothing western about this idea either at all even a bigger company like blizzard wouldn't do this for you. They would just give you a "deal with it" and plan better.

I like it being an event.. makes it more giving because people cant just hold on to the items and just chain them for a mega xp week(s).

They would expire each week so you can't stack them. I suggested that in the 1st post... XP bonuses are also additive not multiplicative so it wouldn't matter how or when they would be used because the result would be the same. 

Edited by Proto

Posted

They would expire each week so you can't stack them. I suggested that in the 1st post... XP bonuses are also additive not multiplicative so it wouldn't matter how or when they would be used because the result would be the same. 

Still, it's a weekend event, it should not be collectible.. It should not be able for everyone to get like. Stop trying to get stuff handed to you just because you can't planaround the events. That's problem.

Posted

I am still undecided on this suggestion. I think there is enough hand holding as it is in the game. But there are areas that need improvement. However. I think basing a idea off your availability is a bit shallow. I would argue more people have time on weekends to play than not. So i am fine with the current system.

Considering the 2x exp weekend is not literally unique content i think it is more fine the way it is than not. The boss only on fridays however. That is content. And i do not think it should be locked to just one end of the spectrum of a week. If they want it to be exclusive and only give you loot once a week,they will allow it to spawn every day but only allow you loot from it once a week. Simple enough right?

Posted

'Westernize'

Or do you mean; Please make this event more suitable for me.  xD

Posted

Still, it's a weekend event, it should not be collectible.. It should not be able for everyone to get like. Stop trying to get stuff handed to you just because you can't planaround the events. That's problem.

How is it a handout when he's asking for less, just to be at a time where he can play?