• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

@kakao [Weekend Buff]: Westernizing XP Events

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

you know how broken that is as a buff?... because it doesnt expire on logout/be afk on alt...

this 48h exp buff you want can be easily used for the whole week (except you grind 48h without break)

Edited by Heliantus

Posted

Or do you mean; Please make this event more suitable for me.  xD

Obviously?

Just as they promised in their pre-launch marketing. It's why the game was b2p and not f2p after all.

Posted (edited)

Imho PA would probably agree if you asked for an item that gives you 100% XP on 2 random days instead.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted (edited)

I actually do things on the weekend. 

You know... parties. Hiking. Sex. Dates. Traveling. 

I'd much rather use two 24 hour combat buff tokens on the weekdays of my choosing.

Kakao hasn't responded, but I suspect it's because there is no mechanism in the game for character specific buffs to countdown and expire when you're not logged into the character.

They have 1 day value packs, 1 day Merv's pallet, etc. 

Simply classify the "buff" as a free cash shop item and apply it the same way. Value packs already boost combat XP so there's a way to do it. 

Edited by Vorkrunne

Posted (edited)

Did anyone mention we get daily XP buffs for those who don't play weekends? That's 7 hours a week of 100, or 3.5 hours of 200.

Ofc lots of people  (including myself) would rather have 2 tokens, they are just far superior to a weekend bonus. I don't see them doing this.  Defeats a lot of the purpose of the weekend "event" for the company, and its far more useful for an individual player.  

Also  I don't see this being a "Western" thing. Not sure who said Koreans don't have things to do on their weekends...same reason they have  XP weekends, same reason we have ours...  We aren't exceptional in that regard. 

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

This topic's question makes me think of spoiled kids once more.

THEY DONT HAVE TO GIVE YOU EXTRA XP BUFF IN THE WEEKENDS

But they gave it to us, so be grateful for it and if you can't use it because you are busy that's not their problem. It's not mandatory. Like Always of course there are people who when the game get's "an extra" they feel entitled to complain because the company didn't take into account for this extra all of the player's individual situations and desires.

Grow up.

1 person likes this

Posted

But they gave it to us, so be grateful for it and if you can't use it because you are busy that's not their problem. It's not mandatory. Like Always of course there are people who when the game get's "an extra" they feel entitled to complain because the company didn't take into account for this extra all of the player's individual situations and desires.

Grow up.

Once you get past level 50 you'll realize just how much the experience weekends really mean.

Take your time getting there though, you seem to be enjoying yourself.

Posted (edited)

Grow up.

Or you can let people ask if a change is possible. It's not like it would break anything and it may even help having less people playing on week end to get the XP buff and reduce the server load these days. win win.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Once you get past level 50 you'll realize just how much the experience weekends really mean.

Take your time getting there though, you seem to be enjoying yourself.

I am aware, i am past level 50 since long time. That's not the point.

Posted

I am aware, i am past level 50 since long time. That's not the point.

I adore how you latched on to that 50 number :D

Posted

Or you can let people ask if a change is possible. It's not like it would break anything and it may even help having less people playing on week end to get the XP buff and reduce the server load these days. win win.

People ask with every little or big thing if a change is possible... It's just absurd. But yea of course people can give suggestions, doesn't mean they have to do it.

Posted (edited)

No idea why people are being against this idea other than being against it just because. Saying "you are spoiled" is stupid. We pay for the game, that's not being spoiled.There is basically no drawbacks to what the guy is suggesting. He is not asking for anything extra that others won't be getting. Just to make it flexible so all can use it.

Edited by Atreius
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nice idea, but probably won't happen. Kakao is as useless as it gets and Pearl Abyss doesn't give a damn about what westerners want. If it doesn't make them money, it will most likely not happen. Find a way for them to make a profit from it and a way for them to add an RNG aspect to it and the odds of this succeeding rise dramatically.

Edited by Zodiac

Posted

bad idea  . you guys have friends we get a 100% xp buff. seems fairm

Posted

you know how broken that is as a buff?... because it doesnt expire on logout/be afk on alt...

this 48h exp buff you want can be easily used for the whole week (except you grind 48h without break)

The buff no but the book itself does so the book tends to expire if you aren't an active grinder which sucks in itself.

Posted

normies leave

Posted (edited)

Wait- how is it broken? Of all things, you did not consider to put expiration on the perks (like 7 days to use until you can get another) so it can't be "abused" or putting a cooldown on it? Just make it a perk buff (which appears next to your level on the upper left hand) similar to Value Pack and have it put a cooldown timer of 7 day for when you actually use it until you can receive another buff.

I feel like the term "broken" is thrown around so carelessly just to try and exaggerate a point.

Edited by Aokami

Posted

Wait- how is it broken? Of all things, you did not consider to put expiration on the perks (like 7 days to use until you can get another) so it can't be "abused" or putting a cooldown on it? Just make it a perk buff (which appears next to your level on the upper left hand) similar to Value Pack and have it put a cooldown timer of 7 day for when you actually use it until you can receive another buff.

I feel like the term "broken" is thrown around so carelessly just to try and exaggerate a point.

He's just, wrongfully, assuming it'd work as a character buff so it'd stop ticking when you log out.

Posted (edited)

No idea why people are being against this idea other than being against it just because. Saying "you are spoiled" is stupid. We pay for the game, that's not being spoiled.There is basically no drawbacks to what the guy is suggesting. He is not asking for anything extra that others won't be getting. Just to make it flexible so all can use it.

It's a event. You paid for the game and you have the game, you did not pay for the event, that's given to you. It's not like they must give XP events at all.. They can just stop doing it and it would not remove the game you paid for. 

There is no way to defend it using your logic. "I bought the game so I should be able to decide when I wanna use the event bonus they give us for nothing."

Plan better and deal with it if you can't make it.

Edited by Esset
2 people like this

Posted

It's a event. You payed for the game and you have the game, you did not pay for the event, that's given to you. It's not like they must give XP events at all.. They can just stop doing it and it would not remove the game you paid for. 

That's like saying saturday is an event just cause it's saturday.

EXP weekends aren't going anywhere, other than perhaps to 200% instead temporarily. They're here to stay, forever. Whatever their marketing rants about them expiring might try to fool you into thinking.

Posted (edited)

It's a event. You paid for the game and you have the game, you did not pay for the event, that's given to you. It's not like they must give XP events at all.. They can just stop doing it and it would not remove the game you paid for. 

There is no way to defend it using your logic. "I bought the game so I should be able to decide when I wanna use the event bonus they give us for nothing."

Plan better and deal with it if you can't make it.

Again. You do not give any reason why it's a bad idea and what are the drawbacks of changing it. You can use the 100/200% bonus whenever you want during the day, why not make this the same??? Why not make it more flexible?

Edited by Atreius

Posted

I disagree , ive asked for weekends off on purpose. plus  buffs not ticking down while logged off ; someone can extend those buffs from one weekend to another weekend when its a consumable. Just be happy that we even get them

Having everyone on the same level playing field is the fairest. if your sad that people are getting ahead of you in game because they have no life and can play all weekend , then remind yourself that your probably ahead of them in real life vs the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

>expecting the mods of this site to ever interact with the posters

LOL!!!!!

Posted

Grow up.

0/10 troll bait.

Posted

+1 

during weeknights I typically am playing where my weekends are usually scattered. Would be much more convienent to pop when I am actually able to play. As far as other posts which "encourage players to play during the exp bonus" Maybe when you first start playing this is true but once you hit a gear ceiling and mostly are only grinding for the extra levels or grinding Alts no exp bonus is going to make me change my irl schedule for it so your argument is invalid for most people who play. 

Afaik KR gets 100% weekdays and 200% weekends so maybe that is in store for our future?  Just rumors though don't know if this is confirmed