• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Non Stripper outfits?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Delphe Knights has heels.

I'm afraid all female classes models ( but tamer ) are meant to have heels.
Again, if you mod them and remove their shoes, you'll see them walking on their tiptoes....nothing you can do about that.
Either the devs rework the models or we'll always keep getting heels.

Posted (edited)

I'm afraid all female classes models ( but tamer ) are meant to have heels.Again, if you mod them and remove their shoes, you'll see them walking on their tiptoes....nothing you can do about that.
Either the devs rework the models or we'll always keep getting heels.

Female models may walk on their toes but you can still make armor models without heels.

Proof = Serendian Soldier, Forest+Desert Ghille, almost every craftsman outfit, almost all Sorc default shoes (green armor), almost all Kunoichi default armor, almost all Maehwa default armor

Edit: Forgot the Canape boots, probably the only outfit shoes in this game I like. The problem is that many outfits you buy for pearls have their boots locked with the top so you can't mix and match. Terrible.

Edited by CasualNova

Posted

Still waiting on Sting Note for Valkyrie. Even if it does have heels, at least I as a valk will look like a tank on heels.

bdo-sting-note-valkyrie-costume-4.jpg

Posted (edited)

Order of the Apricot outfit ; you don't look like a stripper and the boots heels are pretty short ( like for normal boots ) .
Aside from that....you have to understand that some classes models have been created to make them have high heels shoes , if you remove said shoes ( by modding ) your character will look like she's walking on the tips of her feet.
Would it cost a ton of time to rework the base model ? Not really...but it's still extra work and I think that's what lots of devs would like to avoid.

Treant camouflage outfit, still no heels, you surely won't look like a stripper unless you walk near treants by wearing this outfit.

Cherry blossom Yukata. This one does have sandals which, sadly fo you , are the equivalent of heels ; I don't think however that it makes you look like a stripper. It's a pretty festive traditional japanese  outfit and as a female I feel like it highlights my femininity, I think it's just cute.

Red moon outfit ; it does have sandals with heels again but it's another pretty cute outfit and it's not lewd at all. It doesn't shout "I'm ready for battle" like the first two costumes I posted but I think it's just a really nice dress to wear while hanging around.

That said, I don't really think there's anything wrong with "not so covering" armors in the game right now. Yes, I'd like some more outfits that don't have high heels but aside from that...I see lots of gorgeous dresses and outfits , be it simply cute ones or even sexy ones ( why not ? What's wrong with it ? Plus we get many outfits like this for the other gender as well , look at that Warrior kibelius, I like to stare at some handsome guy's abdominals too sometimes. I would understand if BDO only spinned around this kind of outfits but actually...it doesn't ) .

In any case...

Least but not last....and probably it's what you'll appreciate the most...Delphe knights costume ( it can be crafted in game but "aye" , you need a cash shop coupon to turn it into a costume and not make it be a normal armor set ). You surely won't look like a slut and there's nothing that makes you look like you are ready for a fight like an armor.

I said the choices are limited, besides. The Delphe Knight one has heels, and I'm not going to wear a dress while I fight. It's just silly, and kind of unrealistic.

I did like the Delphe Knight armor a great deal, I would have worn it, but my character is A. Kuno, so the rogue class wearing full platemail is a little odd, and B. The clipping issue with the cape is just annoying. and C. Heels. :D 

You're talking about not so covering armors while hanging around, fair enough. I'm talking about real armor when it comes to fighting, and last time I checked my class (Kuno) Is very limited on what you can wear that looks like you're going to fight aside from the default armors, which are not able to be turned into costume pieces. And wearing the default armor instead of Bhegs, Muskans, whatever else is just hurting yourself.

But I appreciate all of your suggestions. You should have also added the Blacksmith outfit you can craft, that's a good one too, and they're actual boots... Doesn't seem like a character remodel is needed to make outfits without heels, so it wont cost devs any extra time.

Female models may walk on their toes but you can still make armor models without heels.

Proof = Serendian Soldier, Forest+Desert Ghille, almost every craftsman outfit, almost all Sorc default shoes (green armor), almost all Kunoichi default armor, almost all Maehwa default armor

Edit: Forgot the Canape boots, probably the only outfit shoes in this game I like. The problem is that many outfits you buy for pearls have their boots locked with the top so you can't mix and match. Terrible.

I bought the Canape boots just for this reason! I used it with my christmas outfit so I wouldn't be wearing heels! It matched wonderfully! :D 

But unfortunately you're right. Too many of the outfits limit how much you can customize by combining pieces into a single equip.

Edited by Alivyre

Posted

They have to have heels to explain why some of the female models suffer from conditions in their posture and cadence. I mean....all those pigeon-toed rangers running around? 

Posted

I take a look at my selection for outfits in this game... And it seems very limited if I'm wanting to -not- look like I'm just walking out from my night working at a strip club. 

Can we get some outfits that actually look like I'm ready to fight? I'm slightly annoyed by the fact almost every outfit had these six inch heels... Idk if the Devs have ever

tried wearing heels before, or running in them, let alone fighting in them, but it's not really all that possible! It's a little odd when your lineup of players consist of a bunch

of hardly dressed females in heels fighting a bunch of heavily armored men.

I agree, a better taste in outfits would be very welcome. They are also often too sophisticated but in a negative way, like too complicated and full of thousand small details that make them confusing and not so pretty really... If they want to make female characters look sexy cause they think it sells better, they don't need to show so much nudity, there are many ways to design an outfit and make it sexy without showing so much. Also cooler outfits for male chars would be much appreciated.

Posted

This is so true, some outfits are just *sigh*. I have no real problem with sexy looking armors (as long as there are other cool ones - Bern armor for my Archer is my all time favourite)  but the high heels just make me roll my eyes. HIGH HEELS ARE EVIL EVEN TO STAND ON, let alone to run and fight! 

Posted (edited)

there are many options for clothing, first off you don't have to play female, secondly, actually look at outfit choices, its only limited if you look at 2, there are many options, your just being lazy and doing what some people normally do, complain first, look second. this is not your game you get to play it, stop trying to force clothing options on people they don't want but you do.

Edited by RelaxitsaGame

Posted

there are many options for clothing, first off you don't have to play female, secondly, actually look at outfit choices, its only limited if you look at 2, there are many options, your just being lazy and doing what some people normally do, complain first, look second. this is not your game you get to play it, stop trying to force clothing options on people they don't want but you do.

I think the goal is wanting more options. Not to enforce our will upon you. Secondly there are virtually very little options, which I assume is why the thread and many alike were made. For a game like BDO to put so much work into their models and have the smallest amount of costume/gear I have seen in a mmo. And lastly please enlighten me in what way is asking for practical costumes hurting you?

Might want to practice reading comprehension on the subject, before insinuating people are lazy and creating unnecessary suggestions.

Still waiting on Sting Note for Valkyrie. Even if it does have heels, at least I as a valk will look like a tank on heels.

bdo-sting-note-valkyrie-costume-4.jpg

Besides the awkward heels... Why in god's name are her thighs exposed? What's the point of making full plate and then undoing it by having her joints exposed? :( 

And not to seem ungrateful. But why the sudden depart in practical plate armour? It's 2017! Enough with the damn boob plates.

main-qimg-0c212f034d5ca2d47a5b9a4d484598 

No more jiggle metal boobies! 

t9f8ef202eb5589e2a39b2759d7945872_-_Copy

I don't think it's unreasonable to have more ornate plate armour. I am 99% sure we already have it somewhat implemented in-game.

1jcoYfb.thumb.jpg.f55ec7b6b5e1e360429975

gVQCW60r.thumb.jpg.2c0037e11c761c57c2a3e

Posted

It would really be lovely if we could get more outfit choices for females in this game, I have no complaint about more stylized outfits for characters, but it wouldn't hurt to have other options as well. 

Posted

After seeing this....

1ofwri.thumb.gif.c13b2bc39abacefa1d5e3ec

My immersion and hope for the new armour is broken... 

tumblr_ndovk3kaAr1s1dhi9o5_500.thumb.gif

Utterly... 

3 people like this

Posted

+1

I passionately agree with this. I'm even a guy, and while I would've really, really wanted male versions of the Ranger and the Death Knight, so I'm not forced to play as a female, and contrary to what developers and lots of people may think, when and if I'm playing a female character, I do NOT want to be controlling a half-naked character. I'd much, much rather control a fighter female character that helps me with immersion, rather than sexuality, and look serious and believable about fighting, not strip-teasing. In fact, there are lot of female NPCs that are completely covered, even their hair; I'd love to see at least ONE outfit that's like this. For me, it'll look relatively different and exotic. I would love to play a female Ranger, for example, who is dressed like some of the Altinova female NPCs. I'm not saying make all outfits like this, but just one. For the others, I'd like to see actually protective armor on all body parts and all skin that can get hurt from a sword slash or mace bash. I'd like to control a female that says with her outfit, "I'm protected and ready to fight", rather than the current message, "I'm half-naked and ready to make teenage players spam the female moaning voice emote".

1 person likes this

Posted

Heels: Also a pet peeve I have. I would Iike armors to have a heel hiding option (similar to the visor toggle). They don't need to remodel the class's legs but they can do some tricks to make it look like they are not wearing heels. This gives us the option to change. See the riding coustume boots. They look like boots but on closer inspection the rear of the foot most likely is higher up with a massive heel. You would not notice unless you were to look closely.

Armors: I don't actively hate a lot of the "stripper" outfits. My grief is that some of the "armors" don't seem logically functional because they are made to be revealing. If you want revealing armors, fine but can we also have some non-revealing ones? At least in the clothing side we have mini skirts and red moon which is a bit more stylish. For the armor ones... It looks ridiculous. I want to love the Acher Guard but simply can't forgive the big gaping hole in the defensive suit right where the heart would be. Who thought that is a good idea?

Bonus: Full body tights that can be thrown onto the underwear slot to fill these gaps would help a little. Would be nice if we could craft it. Just a simple plain dyable body suit.

1 person likes this

Posted

As someone who has researched and built plate armor I can say that the armor for women in games would get them killed very quickly. I understand the game devs and marketing departments are trying to appeal to a demographic, but I would prefer to see women in armor like below as I find this more sexy in the long run than what is currently used. This is what actual armor looks like on a female body.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

1 person likes this