• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - April 26th 2017

249 posts in this topic

Posted

It's really funny seeing all this Striker when? stuff.  If Korea is JUST getting it, why would you expect or even entertain the idea that we will be getting it before next year?  Put your big person pants on and wait, it'll eventually come and when it does you can be happy but until then you can be mad at the internet for showing you spoilers of things to come that aren't scheduled for you to get yet.

Why wouldn't they?

The order of patches we get from Korea appear to be thrown together entirely by random chance, so past experience would tell you that there's actually a chance we get striker next week.

Posted

It's really funny seeing all this Striker when? stuff.  If Korea is JUST getting it, why would you expect or even entertain the idea that we will be getting it before next year?  Put your big person pants on and wait, it'll eventually come and when it does you can be happy but until then you can be mad at the internet for showing you spoilers of things to come that aren't scheduled for you to get yet.

They are not serious man :) It is some kind of ritual on this forum, asking "when?" for things what cannot be in nearest future:D

Posted

I'd expect at least the same delay as there was for the DK's EU NA release.

Posted

Nice it's a really hard working, keep going on like this, I'm really wonderd to see this patch-nothes, as I said before it's a really insane-team working. Best regards and have a nice day!

Posted

Nice it's a really hard working, keep going on like this, I'm really wonderd to see this patch-nothes, as I said before it's a really insane-team working. Best regards and have a nice day!

Did YOU write the patch notes? There's the same odd typos and sentence structure going on here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Would be nice if they added awakening weapon skins for outfits that have been out from the beginning....

Posted

Would be nice if they added awakening weapon skins for outfits that have been out from the beginning....

would love this to be a thing, but they want money so they will make you buy another skin for it

Posted

• Sticker UI that will allow users to drag some UI elements out of the game screen has been added.

• Upon clicking the Sticker UI icon on the top-right corner of the Inventory, the following windows can be dragged outside the game screen:

• Equipment

• Marketplace

• Quest

• Guild

• Trade

• Tooltip

• Manage Workers

• When Sticker UI function is activated, it will keep running outside the game screen even if other windows are turned on.

The sticker UI had me intrigued, but now that I've seen its actual implementation, I'm somewhat left wondering about its actual purpose. My main issue is this:

The sticker UI doesn't work when the game is minimized to tray!

Perhaps this is a technical problem with the way the minimized version of the game runs, I have no idea, but to me this kinda kills the purpose of the whole function. Why would I want one of those windows on my offscreen when I have the game active anyway? Isn't the whole point of the second screen to do whatever else I wanna do on there in the first place? More space on my main screen? Well, I would hardly have bought a second screen if my main monitor was crap to begin with.

The sticker UI has/had great potential as it could have allowed keeping track of certain afk activities (fishing, workers, etc.) while the game is minimized to tray and I'm playing some other game or whatever. But with this restriction, I feel that it's completely pointless.

In case I've missed something and other people have found ways to get it to work for them, I'd be happy to hear it.

2 people like this

Posted

The sticker UI has/had great potential as it could have allowed keeping track of certain afk activities (fishing, workers, etc.) while the game is minimized to tray and I'm playing some other game or whatever. But with this restriction, I feel that it's completely pointless.

Precisly like every other new feature they've been doing recently.

Potential, but not quite there so it's pretty much worthless.

Posted (edited)

Any reason why the Black Leopard costume isnt added? It says "5 new costumes" but it only lists 4, and not the Black Leopard, forgot to add to patch notes maybe? This patch on the KR version when it comes to costumes, had all of these with the inclusion of the Black Leopard

Edited by Mckaos

Posted

The sticker UI had me intrigued, but now that I've seen its actual implementation, I'm somewhat left wondering about its actual purpose. My main issue is this:

Hmm...

I have'nt tried this function yet. Is it the same when you just minimize the game? (not to tray)

Posted

@CM_Aethon What were the reasons for downtime and are there coming notes of this maintenance ?

Posted (edited)

market framerate bug, and coherent UI huge CPU usage bug are back. Nice patch :)

Edited by woots

Posted

market framerate bug, and coherent UI huge CPU usage bug are back. Nice patch :)

They were gone? O_o

Posted

Perhaps this is a technical problem with the way the minimized version of the game runs, I have no idea, but to me this kinda kills the purpose of the whole function. Why would I want one of those windows on my offscreen when I have the game active anyway? Isn't the whole point of the second screen to do whatever else I wanna do on there in the first place? More space on my main screen? Well, I would hardly have bought a second screen if my main monitor was crap to begin with.

In case I've missed something and other people have found ways to get it to work for them, I'd be happy to hear it.

The benefit applies when you have 2 monitors. i can play the game while viewing one of these windows on my second monitor along with discord and other things. 

Posted

Please add Costume Tailoring coupon to loyality shop or make crafted costumes usable ! this coupon is nonsense...

We craft costume then we have to pay 10$ to wear them in costume slots.

It's like buying DLC to use crafted boat.

2 people like this

Posted

The benefit applies when you have 2 monitors. i can play the game while viewing one of these windows on my second monitor along with discord and other things. 

Im genuinely curious. What window do you have open on your other monitor that you feel is a valuable addition to your game play experience?

Posted (edited)

• 5 New Crafted Costumes added.

• Valencia Travel Clothes (Male)

• Purchase it from [Amity Shop] of Mevo Muranan in Altinova.

• Serendian Formal Suit (Male)

• Costume Design to-be-added in a later patch.

• Ahon Kirus Armor (Female)

• Steal it from Ahon Kirus in Tarif.

• Shroud Knights Costumes (M&F)

• Purchase it from Monta Ahto after completing quest [Forsaking the Name ‘Shroud’].

Actually Missing One costumes. I count 4 only personnally 

Black Leopard Armor [+1 attack/casting speed] [female characters only] ???

Edited by McLayne

Posted

WHY ARE 50% OF THE PATCH NOTES INCORRECT!?

E.G. ENCHANTING PART

E.G. ENCHANTING PART

E.G. ENCHANTING PART

Posted (edited)

From the patch notes you can usually discern a games direction... So far the Korean version might survive simply because of how item malls are handled over there for any game.

I still cannot tell whether this game will be worth trying. I wanted to try it and have started up that trial but with the videos and comments - like 6 of the classes are apparently useless/hated and do not get anywhere in terms of guilds, you have to play a bulky class or support. Then you see further support to that as the 6 useless/hated classes receive useless/hated changes and the other 6 get "good" changes. Of course I am new so the skills and tweaks only stand out as a theoretical buff/nerf to me simply going off the weight of the patch and the responses in the forum.

As much as I like a wizard I think I will stay away from the magic for a while, tbh I want to play a ninja/kuno and then theres classes like the tamer who has a bo(quarterstaff) or the musa with a glaive. Yet these are in the list of useless/hated classes, unless I prefer to be useless and as a result hate everyone... Social dynamics is a large part of an MMO and if you are socially rejected for playing the game - dafuqs da point.

Edited by Prince Vegeta
It posted what i put twice... In the same post?

Posted

Please add Costume Tailoring coupon to loyality shop or make crafted costumes usable ! this coupon is nonsense...

The coupon is also useless when you change a profession costume an

The coupon is also useless when you change a profession costume an

Posted

AutoHotkey scripts are now being caught as "suspicious programs" and the game shuts down after the last patch?! 

This is depressing me now to no end if Pearl Abyss really decided to block AutoHotkey. I was using AutoHotkey to turn my useless (and close to gaming hand) CAPS Lock key to a Ctrl key, so I can use it in-game without turning my letters into all caps every time I try to use it! I was also using it to change my Tab key to a Backspace key, as I delete things I type a lot, and discovered that a closer Backspace key is more efficient and comfortable for me. If I type anything in-game, I'm used to be able to delete (backspace) it using the Tab key, which I also use (as Backspace) as a shortcut or keybinding for my game! 

You are now blocking me from using a legitimate tool that I've been using for YEARS and gotten so used to. I'm so angry and at the same time sad that I feel like quitting. Why would you do such a thing?! How exactly was AutoHotkey hurting anyone?!

Use a program like KeyTweak which can remap keys without even running. It does it through the registry. Not sure about AutoHotkey but if it has to be running in the background, there's probably more to the program like enabling macros and scripting keyboard inputs that's being flagged as suspicious.

AutoHotkey scripts are now being caught as "suspicious programs" and the game shuts down after the last patch?! 

This is depressing me now to no end if Pearl Abyss really decided to block AutoHotkey. I was using AutoHotkey to turn my useless (and close to gaming hand) CAPS Lock key to a Ctrl key, so I can use it in-game without turning my letters into all caps every time I try to use it! I was also using it to change my Tab key to a Backspace key, as I delete things I type a lot, and discovered that a closer Backspace key is more efficient and comfortable for me. If I type anything in-game, I'm used to be able to delete (backspace) it using the Tab key, which I also use (as Backspace) as a shortcut or keybinding for my game! 

You are now blocking me from using a legitimate tool that I've been using for YEARS and gotten so used to. I'm so angry and at the same time sad that I feel like quitting. Why would you do such a thing?! How exactly was AutoHotkey hurting anyone?!

Use a program like KeyTweak which can remap keys without even running. It does it through the registry. Not sure about AutoHotkey but if it has to be running in the background, there's probably more to the program like enabling macros and scripting keyboard inputs that's being flagged as suspicious.

Posted

From the patch notes you can usually discern a games direction... So far the Korean version might survive simply because of how item malls are handled over there for any game.

I still cannot tell whether this game will be worth trying. I wanted to try it and have started up that trial but with the videos and comments - like 6 of the classes are apparently useless/hated and do not get anywhere in terms of guilds, you have to play a bulky class or support. Then you see further support to that as the 6 useless/hated classes receive useless/hated changes and the other 6 get "good" changes. Of course I am new so the skills and tweaks only stand out as a theoretical buff/nerf to me simply going off the weight of the patch and the responses in the forum.

As much as I like a wizard I think I will stay away from the magic for a while, tbh I want to play a ninja/kuno and then theres classes like the tamer who has a bo(quarterstaff) or the musa with a glaive. Yet these are in the list of useless/hated classes, unless I prefer to be useless and as a result hate everyone... Social dynamics is a large part of an MMO and if you are socially rejected for playing the game - dafuqs da point.

A Striker named Goku is gonna git you gud m8. But in all seriousness I'd still give things a go even if you see bad reviews and comments on notes or general. Forums here are full of memelords who have nothing better to do but vent their tears and complaints to a deaf ear. 

Jump into the game and try to enjoy things while they last. Btw im a 59 Kuno and I can still do decently in pvp against higher geared people or level. It just takes time to learn crap. Kuno is very cute btw ~Nya x3

A Striker named Goku is gonna git you gud m8. But in all seriousness I'd still give things a go even if you see bad reviews and comments on notes or general. Forums here are full of memelords who have nothing better to do but vent their tears and complaints to a deaf ear. 

Jump into the game and try to enjoy things while they last. Btw im a 59 Kuno and I can still do decently in pvp against higher geared people or level. It just takes time to learn crap. Kuno is very cute btw ~Nya x3

Posted (edited)

Okay, to the multiple people whining like mad in this topic that tamer is being nerfed, what are you actually talking about? Did you read the patch notes? NOTHING was nerfed, we received several small buffs actually.

Wtf are you all on drugs or something? All-round spinner damage was INCREASED, Echo Pierce damage INCREASED, and everything else was just cleaning up skill descriptions! Only thing close to a nerf was heilang not inflicting stiffness during void lightning CD!

Learn to read please. We have two skills with increased damage and a fix to heilang's attacks that could possibly be seen as a tiny "nerf" I guess.

Edited by Taevus

Posted (edited)

E.G. ENCHANTING PART

Enhancing is ok.

The patch notes are completely out of whack batshit insane badly done though.

2017-04-26_370988138.thumb.JPG.46848cd88

When you put a green grade item into the enhancement window, the radio buttons below "skip enhancement animations" appear.

The two options there are actually described in the patch notes, but at a different place so I'll sum it up as well:

Enhance = easy enhancement, for newbies to get +15 easier primarily.

Durable = same (or harder, we dont fully know yet and will likely never know cause of the shit this company tries to pull) enhancement rates with 1 less durability per enhancement failure.

So for failstacking, you need to use the durable option. It is, of course, hidden behind terrible localization and idiotic game concepts, but it's there, it's working (of sorts) and we probably shouldn't complain too hard about the parts of the game that're actually working to a semi satisfactory level.

(I AM about to go batshit insane on the forums -----ing up though)

Edited by Jeynar
1 person likes this