• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Old class, new class? Shouldn't matter.

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The MMO logic.

- Lets add a lot of new classes and leave the old ones forgotten and useless.

This shouldnt be like this. No matter if The class was when BDO first launched or recently added. They should get the same love.

Instead of adding new powerful classes, how about you make sure we dont feel forced to roll one of them to feel useful?

are you trying to turn into TERA x2? Where new classes stay OP and old ones arent worth mentioning? Youre doing well. Now turn right instead of left like TERA did and do the right thing.

#FixValkShield

#BuffKuno

#FixTamer

#BuffMusa

#BALANCE

#FixServers

Edited by XkiviX
5 people like this

Posted

I know a MOBA who do just that, can't seem to remember the name tho, they still have a lot more players than BDO last I checked tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

Buff musa... 

1 person likes this

Posted

The MMO logic.

- Lets add a lot of new classes and leave the old ones forgotten and useless.

This shouldnt be like this. No matter if The class was when BDO first launched or recently added. They should get the same love.

Instead of adding new powerful classes, how about you make sure we dont feel forced to roll one of them to feel useful?

are you trying to turn into TERA x2? Where new classes stay OP and old ones arent worth mentioning? Youre doing well. Now turn right instead of left like TERA did and do the right thing.

#FixValkShield

#BuffKuno

#FixTamer

#BALANCE

#FixServers

but if ppl reroll to new classes kakao can make more money! 

Posted (edited)

but if ppl reroll to new classes kakao can make more money! 

Not if people get tired of constant rerol and not being able to play their classes and go to another fresh mmo.

Edited by XkiviX

Posted (edited)

Started as a tamer.

♥ Tamer forever ♥

Feels so good killing mobs. bang, bangbangbang-bangbang-bang repeat till dead. So fluent and satisfying.

Slow as -----, but awesome!

Witch is like... E, S+F, S+LMB+RMB, S+LMB or S+RMB or W+F whatever you want - dead

Boring as ----- but faster

Edited by 앨리슨

Posted

Not if people get tired of constant rerol and not being aple to play their classes and go to another fresh mmo.

my charts indicate that kakao has already milked out the maximum value from ppl who don't reroll. 

Posted

my charts indicate that kakao has already milked out the maximum value from ppl who don't reroll. 

Well When i started in CBT i got kicked form the guild i wanted to be for playing Tamer. Now im having hard time joining any guild for being a Valk even with my not too bad stats.

They focus too much on new content instead of fixing actual issues. I never coomplain but this is the one thing that triggers me. Moving onto new classes and leaving older ones behind. For a year or 2 and then revamping them.

Posted

Well When i started in CBT i got kicked form the guild i wanted to be for playing Tamer. Now im having hard time joining any guild for being a Valk even with my not too bad stats.

Do you like anime? You could join baka. 

Posted

Do you like anime? You could join baka. 

Who doesnt like good anime from time to time :P ( like everyday in all my spare time)

Posted

+1 to OP

Posted

I believe this is something that should be mainly looked at. So many new classes being added and balance of old ones not being considered. I know there were charts of classes played most and whats not however this doesnt prove of classes balance at all. Some people suck it up and stick to their class even if its underpowered. Sucking up isnt the way.

Knowing that the class you played as since BDO came out, is more than capable of fighting new classes should be the way to go.

Started as a tamer.

♥ Tamer forever ♥

Feels so good killing mobs. bang, bangbangbang-bangbang-bang repeat till dead. So fluent and satisfying.

Slow as -----, but awesome!

Witch is like... E, S+F, S+LMB+RMB, S+LMB or S+RMB or W+F whatever you want - dead

Boring as ----- but faster

Ive played as tamer and i absolutely loved it.. Valk was probably the first class I played as even before Eu and NA servers went live. Seeing her issues being ignored on top of well thought through new classes being constantly announced is what puts me and many players down i believe.

Posted (edited)

They can't do anything different from a market standpoint and can't do anything to balance each class because the mechanics for each character are quite different, which is what many people love in those kind of games and also what ruins them.
Each difference makes harder to balance, so you have some class with grab or other powerful tools combined with grab while others don't and there's no active mechanic to counter a grab, which is also influenced by RNG. Then another class has iframes everywhere or superarmor everywhere, another one has a dash with iframes, another one just for movement with no iframe and another one has a fully covered superarmor dash.
The best part is that there are class that have skills which are fully covered with a frontal block and have a reliable source of self sustain, while other class have a skill that doesn't have so much self sustain nor SA or frontal block or the animation it's partially covered, so they have harder times to keep up in PvE and in some cases even in PvP.

How can you even rebalance these things? the only thing they should do is rework each class changing their skills, effects and buff according to the new class that are released during X timeframe, adding one skill or two to their tool from time to time to keep up with the new class. Are they really keen to do that? i don't think so. Are they really capable of doing that? judging from past choices, the general rebalance and my personal experience in another couple of games that i've played, i find it hard to believe.

The balance of old characters in a game which has such heavy RNG component even in PvP is something honestly hard to do and i don't think Kakao will ever do something which can please the majority of playerbase, the best example are the Ninjas waiting for Serpent Ascension buff which is already a strong skill, they don't want their skillset to be more effective, they're already getting wet for a skill that will potentially one shot geared people after a successfull CC, so this says a lot about how rebalance works and how players understand the concept of rebalance itself.

Edited by Rayin

Posted (edited)

Don't worry, that's just maintenance jitters, you will be back to being simply depressed in no time. 

Le Kappa 

Edited by Beeso

Posted

They can't do anything different from a market standpoint and can't do anything to balance each class because the mechanics for each character are quite different, which is what many people love in those kind of games and also what ruins them.
Each difference makes harder to balance, so you have some class with grab or other powerful tools combined with grab while others don't and there's no active mechanic to counter a grab, which is also influenced by RNG. Then another class has iframes everywhere or superarmor everywhere, another one has a dash with iframes, another one just for movement with no iframe and another one has a fully covered superarmor dash.
The best part is that there are class that have skills which are fully covered with a frontal block and have a reliable source of self sustain, while other class have a skill that doesn't have so much self sustain nor SA or frontal block or the animation it's partially covered, so they have harder times to keep up in PvE and in some cases even in PvP.

How can you even rebalance these things? the only thing they should do is rework each class changing their skills, effects and buff according to the new class that are released during X timeframe, adding one skill or two to their tool from time to time to keep up with the new class. Are they really keen to do that? i don't think so. Are they really capable of doing that? judging from past choices, the general rebalance and my personal experience in another couple of games that i've played, i find it hard to believe.

The balance of old characters in a game which has such heavy RNG component even in PvP is something honestly hard to do and i don't think Kakao will ever do something which can please the majority of playerbase, the best example are the Ninjas waiting for Serpent Ascension buff which is already a strong skill, they don't want their skillset to be more effective, they're already getting wet for a skill that will potentially one shot geared people after a successfull CC, so this says a lot about how rebalance works and how players understand the concept of rebalance itself.

I think they should just take a break from new content and look into what has to be done. Doesnt matter if theyre willing to do so. This is what they SHOULD do. I do shit at work that i hate to do. Shit has to be done so its done.. Im happy theyre sort of looking into charts to see balance issues and thinking about doing something about it, I just hope they will seriously consider maintaining old classes as new ones come out.

Posted (edited)

*snip*

Ive played as tamer and i absolutely loved it.. Valk was probably the first class I played as even before Eu and NA servers went live. Seeing her issues being ignored on top of well thought through new classes being constantly announced is what puts me and many players down i believe.

Tamer got some love in Korea. I think that buff will be available here soon™ as well.

Edited by 앨리슨

Posted

I started with Tamer in KR and my main is still a Tamer, even before when I was crap I still loved it. And I will keep loving it lol

Posted

btw i would never join such guilds. maybe thats your problem chosing the scumguilds 

Posted

Hello.. wiz here... I don't understand....

:)

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they should just take a break from new content and look into what has to be done. Doesnt matter if theyre willing to do so. This is what they SHOULD do. I do shit at work that i hate to do. Shit has to be done so its done.. Im happy theyre sort of looking into charts to see balance issues and thinking about doing something about it, I just hope they will seriously consider maintaining old classes as new ones come out.

Yeah, but my question was: how can they even rebalance something when it should be changed? too many differents bring disparity, if people just ask for their class to being boosted the problem at the core simply won't be solved.
The best way to do is rework many class from the scrap switching or moving SA, adding them, in some case removing them and give the exact same quantity of SA, iframes, the same dash with the same lenght and a minimum/maximum fixed ranger for each aoe or melee skill for each class, keeping the animations as they're now, else there's nothing else that can be done.
NW and Sieges? they could enable certain skills for mass pvp in 1 channels, aka Zerker grab, protect area and so on, leaving them in the kit of GvG's too once a war has been officially declared between two guilds and these are fought there.

Posted

Buff Musa? Why? lol 

As for new classes OP? Highly doubt that.  The way this game is setup, its better to stick with your current high level class than to keep re-rolling.

Posted

Buff Musa? Why? lol 

As for new classes OP? Highly doubt that.  The way this game is setup, its better to stick with your current high level class than to keep re-rolling.

Based on the way this game is set up, pause main to get another class to 56, resume main. Most 'end game' is zerg content anyway. "Doesn't work in PvP" and boss immunity make every class a paper dragon.

Posted

Tamer got some love in Korea. I think that buff will be available here soon™ as well.

Thats nice ^_^ Maybe Valk soon e.e

Buff Musa? Why? lol 

Musa equal gear vs 1v1 classes isnt that good. I mean he is good but not as good as DK for example. One class shouldnt be better than another with a huge gap between power.

Against classes that have shit tone of super armors like witch Musa stands no chance for example.

Yeah, but my question was: how can they even rebalance something when it should be changed? too many differents bring disparity, if people just ask for their class to being boosted the problem at the core simply won't be solved.The best way to do is rework many class from the scrap switching or moving SA, adding them, in some case removing them and give the exact same quantity of SA, iframes, the same dash with the same lenght and a minimum/maximum fixed ranger for each aoe or melee skill for each class, keeping the animations as they're now, else there's nothing else that can be done.
NW and Sieges? they could enable certain skills for mass pvp in 1 channels, aka Zerker grab, protect area and so on, leaving them in the kit of GvG's too once a war has been officially declared between two guilds and these are fought there.

Classes do need changes. Some are rich in super armors others have maybe 2 super armor skills. Some classes have much higher damage than others, mobility and survival. I believe over the time they should look and change some of the classes skills to make it more equal

Hello.. wiz here... I don't understand....

:)

You will one day