• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone else kinda bored of the game right now?

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Hunting streamers usually kills the boredom.  That and wasting karma on Wizards.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not at all. Don't think it's possible to get bored in this game unless you're able to play 24/7 and only do one thing, like grinding mobs all day long. Than for sure I'd get burned out and bored to. Maybe a person expecting endless quality PvP gets bored to? That wouldn't surprise me.

But I only have around 2-2.5 hours a day to play actively, so after I used my EXP boost and gathered up my mains energy I'm almost out of time. Yet there's probably 500 things I still need to do like failstacking and upgrading, cooking&alchemy, crafting, completing knowledge and titles, use my alts energy, field bosses, move and sell crates in Valencia, daily scrolls and blah blah :S

Grouping for Relics I've given up altogether. Same with node wars. That stuff takes so much time, I wont have time for anything else that day. If you're a PvX type players that enjoys most things, this game has to much content seriously.

1 person likes this

Posted

When will you kids learn.... these games are not a race.  All you do is when you race to 60 is say " oh I am 60 , get gud "...and the rest of the server puts you on block.
Then the truth finally dawns on you after this that you burned yourself out for what exactly ?

nothing.

It sort of is if you do any form of PVP. You race to get good gear or else your opponent will delete you due to superior gear. Also, nobody races to 60 it's more like the average to do pvp these days.

Posted

Too much of anything is bad.

I took a break from it during august and september, im kinda sorta taking a semi break now, to play and finish the huge backlog of games that forms when one starts getting invested in any MMO.

Each time i come back to the game and its business as usual.

Posted

I just patch the game every week now.  I don't even afk life skill anymore.  Maybe when striker comes out, i'll see if it will get me going again.  

Posted

My boredom is mainly due to the lack of drops.
No reward for playing = less interest (Note PLAYING, not logging in/staying logged in)
& the lack of drops over a month.... Well i've played alot of other games while leaving this one auot processing.

Basically this, I've played quite a bit, hits tons of bosses, killed 100s of boss scrolls, only to get no drops. Pretty disheartening. Saved money, tried enhancing, loses all money failing all enhancements. :/

This game is meant to be played casually. You fish, you grind some mobs, you spam chat, you grow potatoes, you AFK, you enchant your gear and so on. 

It is kinda fun at it's current but if this game actually had real party content it could be addictive. You get bored of soloing quickly, especially in an MMO.

I disagree to an extent. If you want to be competitive PvP wise you have to grind hard, get the gear, and hit the high levels, playing casually only puts you behind more and more. Being in a guild gives you a few buffs and the same ole guild quests, (or the opportunity for large scale pvp) other than that, you're basically doing everything else solo: Life skills, exploring, 0 true dungeons or raids, getting gear (since you can't help each other except grinding for hours and sharing the loot money), increasing level (efficiently) without losing out on exp or combat exp etc. You get bored soloing, because you do 80% of the game solo.

For the argument of (if you don't like this game, stop playing)

Well, it's not that I don't like the game, I enjoy the combat, and it's visuals of mostly any game but it sucks when people put a lot of time into something only to be punished for trying to make progress. BDO is also still the freshest "MMSomething" out there right now, cause all the new ones so far look crap compared to such a beautiful game.

What do you mean punished? (Maybe it's not the right word, but it's the only word I can think of right now)

I want that kzarka and currently have about 10 mil. Ok I gotta make another 80 mil, "I'll go grind Sausans".

Grinds for hours, hours, hours.

During those hours, got pk'd several times or had to get into a fight, had to constantly go back and forth to mount because he doesn't have the money for t4 pets, then has to swap channels cause a party came in and just started wiping mobs. So those hours span over days instead.

Finally the grinding is done. Time to buy the thing, after 30 minutes of clicking the bid button, finally wins a bid. Woot got my kzarka time to enhance. Since i made maybe 100mil during my grind I have about 20 mil to spare on ehnancing along with maybe a few hundred armor and weapon stones I've saved up prior. Starts enhancing, gets to about +11 on the kzarka before he builds nearly 20+ stacks on all his alts because it won't enhance. Now he's got no more money cause he had to spend a crap ton of money on memory frags repair his kzarka.

Kzarka goes into warehouse. "I'll see you in a month or so buddy"

P.S. I would like to see someone casually make an Epheria Sail Boat. :D

Posted

Eh? 

I'm still having fun but when I start to feel burnt out on one task I just go do another.

Feels like the issue is that some people love BDO and some people love a certain typ of gameplay. If you love BDO you'll find something to do. 

If you only love node wars and reking fools you're gonna burn out on it eventually.

That being said, one isn't necessarily better than the other. It's just fine to go play something else once in a while. 

2 people like this

Posted

Eh, the hamster in its wheel is experiencing foot lesions.

Posted

This morning I shared some thoughts in a thread, my conclusion is that I feel rotundly boring.

Posted

This morning I shared some thoughts in a thread, my conclusion is that I feel rotundly boring.

I'll share an excellent party joke that's sure to make anyone an exciting guy! 

What does a nosy pepper do?

It gets jalapeno business. 

2 people like this

Posted

I played another MMO for 4 years straight before coming to this game. This game has the most amazing solo content I have ever seen. However, the lack of group content, ie a que system for dungeons and raids etc, became apparent after only one hour of gameplay, and now at 3 weeks of playing, the issue of lack of group content and its implementation are glaring. If they can find a way to get this in the game, nothing will come close to this MMO.

2 people like this

Posted

Voy a compartir una excelente broma partido que está seguro de hacer cualquier persona un tipo emocionante! 

¿Qué hace un pimiento entrometido?

Se pone de negocio jalapeño. 

Thank you for answering with such kindness, I was going to op

Posted

Thank you for answering with such kindness, I was going to op

Anytime friend! Wait.... 

Looks in mirror, confusion on her face.

Am I Mexican?...

Posted

I feel the same and I'm a casual. Did try to push myself into the pvp and guild life but that wasn't suitable for my playstyle, I have to say though that it did spice things up in a good way at times.

Explored the whole map, gaining 400+ energy, tried all lifeskills, enjoyed some more than others, many of them are not interactive and get boring after a while. Leveled serveral characters past 56 and am almost full boss gear(though not too much into enhancing).

I did take my time to learn and enjoy the game, not hardcore at all in this game but even so, the game got boring. I guess we just need the lag and desync to be fixed and some actual party/guild content that is entertaining and rewarding.

2 people like this

Posted

I got to this same point. I took off an entire month from playing and it helped.

Posted

It looks like a lot of people

I'm not surprised

Posted

I've said dozens of times on this very forum "Never yolo, always have backups" :P

Blowing up my gear was a symptom of my boredom rather than the cause though.

mmmmmmmm, may it be because it's spring time then ? Lately I've been pretty much online but 90% of the time afk or doing stupid things too (like blowing up my accessories), it's a periodical situation, sometimes it just pops in - you should've noticed my "pauses" after each level up, it's pretty natural to have such moments. 

Now, how to avoid the burn out ? Chilling man, that's the only answer, relax and play for your fun, not to get full TET or lvl 62. Just enjoy what you like, being it Random PvP, Node Wars, or just chit-chatting in guild - why not ?

Posted

Been feeling it for a couple of weeks now; zero interest in nodewars because they are just awful and zero fun now, can only tolerate grinding for 2hrs max, then I end up just running around to see if anyone we're at war with is around for a quick skirmish or two. It's hard to find people across so many channels without that becoming a big boring chore too. Two weeks ago I walked from the lake above Trent all the way to Arehaza just for the hell of it.

I've actually had more fun going around bumping up my max energy levels by completing amity games/talking to the right people/getting knowledge on bosses but that got boring after 3/4 days too.

I was just so bored the other night that I bought 2x Tungrade earrings from AH and tried to pri them at 25fs. Failed. Bought another two and failed to PRI them at 30fs. No big deal, it's only 260M, that's not going to hurt too bad but then I began a game of TET roulette from a woefully low initial FS. Now I'm back to pri/duo gear. I kinda hoped having a target of regaining TRI would provide some impetus to keep playing (obtaining TRI on all my gear was a big driver behind my continuing playing of the game) but I'm not even mad; I just feel a great deal of meh.

I am going to focus on lifeskilling for the time being (I've spent the last 36hrs cooking beer and manaing my farms) to see if taking a break from grinding/combat for a while helps me refocus but I'm just not sure I want to; after a year playing this game intensively I think I'm reaching the point of no return/no reroll which is a shame because there has been a lot of time and actual money invested in the game and it is quite a detailed game. I think I've just finally realised it's a large but very shallow pool :(

Anyone else reached the stage of meh but then found more enthusiasm?

First off, if you played for a year, intensively, how can you call it shallow ? :) Just an observation.

Anyway, I can understand you hit a kind of burnout. I for one am preparing for arenas, looking a lot forward to it, hoping that it will actually be handled properly by Kakao in a manner that gives good competetiveness to the game (as much as it can with the level desparity). 

Also looking forward to kamalsylve, love exploring new areas. 

When i hit a burnout point like you are, I usually try to take a new approach to the game, trying to ride around, exploring every corner of the world, instead of hurrying everywhere with sprint/drift. Even rode across the world on a donkey hehe. A break is maybe what you need, and with new updates and releases you can always return. 

Posted

me likey game :)

Posted

No, it is not intended for party play. It is almost completely designed around soloing. 

They are adding bonuses to groupl play soon. 2 players 75% bonus to exp, and everything above 2 players is 50% to xp bonus. At least how it is on Korean beta atm.

If this game gets the rated arenas (1v1 + 3v3 + 5v5) it would spark a whole new life into the game

Arenas are already in the works in Korea, it is on it's way. Kakao also said they will take it very serious when it arrives, but you never know ofc :)

Posted

I've gotten bored because there's literally nothing you can do *together* with the game mechanics, except for node wars and sieges. There's the occasional random PvP you can get, but that's it. 

It's a singleplayer game pretending to be an MMO, and this is increasingly worrying.

3 people like this

Posted

They are adding bonuses to groupl play soon. 2 players 75% bonus to exp, and everything above 2 players is 50% to xp bonus. At least how it is on Korean beta atm.

Actually it's not a bonus, you gain 100% of the exp per kill solo, 75% exp per kill duo, and 3-5 50% exp. A bonus would be an addition.

Posted

Actually it's not a bonus, you gain 100% of the exp per kill solo, 75% exp per kill duo, and 3-5 50% exp. A bonus would be an addition.

True, I meant it was a buff compared to how it is now. Can see how it can be confusing. 

Posted

It is a bonus, but only if you and your grinding partner are killing at roughly the same rate. Since if you have two people killing at the same speed overall you would be netting in 150% XP, however, that is very rarely the case. 

Posted

Honest question, ever thought of getting a job or going outside?

I have a full-time job.

1 person likes this