• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Anyone else kinda bored of the game right now?

104 posts in this topic

Posted

When will you kids learn.... these games are not a race.  All you do is when you race to 60 is say " oh I am 60 , get gud "...and the rest of the server puts you on block.
Then the truth finally dawns on you after this that you burned yourself out for what exactly ?

nothing.

It wasn't a case of burn out. It was a case of not enjoying the class I chose and not having the time to grind something I do enjoy lol. I don't get burnt out by grinding.

Posted

Too much of anything is bad.

I took a break from it during august and september, im kinda sorta taking a semi break now, to play and finish the huge backlog of games that forms when one starts getting invested in any MMO.

Each time i come back to the game and its business as usual.

True - I've got Nier/Andromeda/Horizon Zero Dawn to finish.

First off, if you played for a year, intensively, how can you call it shallow ? :) Just an observation.

That is a fair point and I'll try to expand upon it.

There are many aspects to this game - fishing, cooking, alchemy, training, farming, enchanting, types of armour, types of weapon etc - but ultimately the viable choices are very small.

If you want to profit from cooking, you have to pretty much dedicate yourself to, what, half a dozen to a dozen meals that sell reasonably well?

Same goes for alchemy.

Types of armour/weapons - we get all these dozens of different types of armour/weapon but ultimately it boils down to there being too many single BiS builds. A lot of the gear we can buy/drop/craft is useless or not as viable as the boss gear builds. The variation of gear builds is very small. I've posted here before how it wouldn't take much to massively improve gear variation in this game. Give all items the same DR/EVA amounts but change set bonuses/partial set bonuses/number of crystal slots so that players can pick an armour set that fits their style. There are a few classes out there that can do really well without full boss gear (because they don't need the acc/eva bonus and benefit from set bonuses that give mp/stam etc) but with more variation it would be so much better.

Posted

This is where being a scrub comes in handy. xD

I don't make 100m a week off selling mats.

I don't have trade M2.

I'm not 60.

Have one TET and it's not even kzarka.

The challenge is all still there before me, it'll be a really long time before I get everything together.  If you're bored, it's definitely burn out.  Too much too fast.  Competition is great, and I love that part of it, but you can't expect to steam ahead full speed all the time.

I also took a 6 month break, never even thought i'd come back (not that i disliked the game, just had other stuff to do), but here I am and I enjoy the game even more than I did the first time.

Posted

Grinding sucks because the drop rate is so poor, plus the loot table is ridiculous. There should be more then one or two items dropped by a specific mob. Leveling would be much better if there was a chance of getting something worthwhile off any high level mob. I farmed Crescent from level 57-58 and got 2 soiled rings.

Posted

When I have full PEN, and 100 Billion silvers, all the knowledge unlocked, and max CP/ENERGY...I might be bored. :P

I'll tell ya what though.. i'm bored of the costumes, and want my sexy Kunoichi underboob costume design made & implemented already!!!! (From the KR costume contest)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not "kinda" but absolutely bored after a month.

Solo PvE isn't profitable and is horrendously slow without auto-looting pets: I spend more time gathering cheap crap than actually killing trash mobs (I'm not going to pay 20-30$ to enable a basic mechanic).

World bosses aren't an option because they one-shot the toon in my glorious +12-15 noobset. Sometimes I cannot even get any prize because the toon spend all the time running from respawn to the boss just to be instantly one-shot.

Not enough workers and points to make them numerous and profitable.

Fishing is boring - and it seems AFK fishing cost more in electricity than it brings in-game silver. I imagine the hell could consist of BDO fishing easily.

Not enough prizes to participate in PvP (which itself isn't interesting at all).

etc. etc.

Overall I feel myself like a lonely bum who has to pick up and sell beer cans for a living on posh sea resort. Things like this happen when a gameplay is balanced around top10% performers and whales.

Also it crashes and disconnects almost every hour. Right now I cannot even load my US toon (4 attempts) - update has killed performance.

p.s. and there are no group activities for casuals like myself.

Edited by Pasha

Posted

I play alone in a large guild for now 6 months, i'm tired, i afk fish, use my 200% and participate node wars, considering leaving the game.

No group content, no reward for time spending.

Posted

Grinding sucks because the drop rate is so poor, plus the loot table is ridiculous. There should be more then one or two items dropped by a specific mob. Leveling would be much better if there was a chance of getting something worthwhile off any high level mob. I farmed Crescent from level 57-58 and got 2 soiled rings.

Just bad designs all around involving drops.

Look at the crescent rings, you'll be able to buy multiple rings from turning in trash before you can collect 100 broken rings to trade it into the NPC.  And given the fact that you'll blow up more rings, it makes no sense that soiled/broken ring drop rates are so low.

It's pretty ridiculous the bulk of the rings on the market come from attendance login handouts.

Posted

Well, I kinda quit playing the game for a while now. I'm just in Trent doing processing since they game does not reward active playing.  I will just stack up on money and buy everything at tet for tripple the price so I can keep on proccesing and get more stuff that I wont use. 

Posted

Well, there are also people who still think the game has SO much to offer, you will never be able to do everything.

If you choose to pick just one single aspect (usually 1 million circles in Sausan/Pirates) then you will get bored fast, yes.

Let's take a look at this s**t ... yes, there are ppl who will say "This game is too big to let you do EVERYTHING"

that's true ... but srsly, let's take it on an exampel shall we?

I have 5341385435434 pcs of the same wooden plank ... each is in different color ... well, at the end of the day, it's still just a random, normal, boring AF wooden plank.

So yeah, you can do lots of stuff here, but once you do lots of them, you realize there is jsut few different things and each has many different "colors".

PS: I enjoyed questing at some point but true, it's carry this there, talk to him/her, run around, ... well was fun 1st few days but it's basically 5 types of quest but each has 1k different names, yet, still the same run from here to there quest -.-

Posted

AFK makes it fun. And the visuals make it even better. It would be like running a company in real life while sitting in the Bahamas knowing that your laborers are making money for you.

Posted

Let's take a look at this s**t ... yes, there are ppl who will say "This game is too big to let you do EVERYTHING"

that's true ... but srsly, let's take it on an exampel shall we?

I have 5341385435434 pcs of the same wooden plank ... each is in different color ... well, at the end of the day, it's still just a random, normal, boring AF wooden plank.

So yeah, you can do lots of stuff here, but once you do lots of them, you realize there is jsut few different things and each has many different "colors".

PS: I enjoyed questing at some point but true, it's carry this there, talk to him/her, run around, ... well was fun 1st few days but it's basically 5 types of quest but each has 1k different names, yet, still the same run from here to there quest -.-

Well, we can't really argue, if you like something or not.

I fish (in different ways), I trade (different ways), cook, process, ride, some pve, some bosses, scrolls, quests, optimize workers, check market, use alts, some enchanting... and can make good silver with almost all of those things. I don't know any other open world MMO that's nearly like that.

So for me it's a lot to do, and there are at least a dozen of other classes I'd like to play, but there's not enough time.

How much do you play per day?

Posted

How much do you play per day?

Like 2-3 hours active rest is AFK.

I do lots of life skills on my main. Don't really like grinding anymore so I play this game as some kind of economy sim xD

yup, worker Empire around Heidel, Altinova and Epheria. I never said there's not much to do, but everything is still the same, it gets boring after some time so most of the game I enjoy is AFK stuff lol

Posted

Been feeling it for a couple of weeks now; zero interest in nodewars because they are just awful and zero fun now, can only tolerate grinding for 2hrs max, then I end up just running around to see if anyone we're at war with is around for a quick skirmish or two. It's hard to find people across so many channels without that becoming a big boring chore too. Two weeks ago I walked from the lake above Trent all the way to Arehaza just for the hell of it.

I've actually had more fun going around bumping up my max energy levels by completing amity games/talking to the right people/getting knowledge on bosses but that got boring after 3/4 days too.

I was just so bored the other night that I bought 2x Tungrade earrings from AH and tried to pri them at 25fs. Failed. Bought another two and failed to PRI them at 30fs. No big deal, it's only 260M, that's not going to hurt too bad but then I began a game of TET roulette from a woefully low initial FS. Now I'm back to pri/duo gear. I kinda hoped having a target of regaining TRI would provide some impetus to keep playing (obtaining TRI on all my gear was a big driver behind my continuing playing of the game) but I'm not even mad; I just feel a great deal of meh.

I am going to focus on lifeskilling for the time being (I've spent the last 36hrs cooking beer and manaing my farms) to see if taking a break from grinding/combat for a while helps me refocus but I'm just not sure I want to; after a year playing this game intensively I think I'm reaching the point of no return/no reroll which is a shame because there has been a lot of time and actual money invested in the game and it is quite a detailed game. I think I've just finally realised it's a large but very shallow pool :(

Anyone else reached the stage of meh but then found more enthusiasm?

The problem is you.

The game can handle you.

You can't handle the game.

Maybe you should try a sports game, or a shooter, where you...............hm.................you throw the ball and play the SAME game on the SAME court for infinity, and it NEVER CHANGES!  Or Street Fighter, amazing combos, the SAME COMBOS, FOREVER.  Or hmmm it seems like nearly every game EVER CREATED IS JUST REPEATING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Yeah, the problem is YOU.

Posted

@feebleone i wish there was a dislike button so i could press it

Posted

@feebleone i wish there was a dislike button so i could press it

You can't handle the truth.

Posted

this game need structured pvp and dungeons..

1 person likes this

Posted

I never got really bored with the game. I got tired of being nut punched by RNG, I have enough disappointment in my life already. I look to games as a way to escape that, not get molested by it.

Posted

You can't handle the truth.

People might say something but they wouldn't want to risk you being too
feeble

(:

Posted

I guess the idea that I'm forced to play casually because of work and school has helped me to not burn out after playing since beta. Some nights I literally just sit around and chat with the guildies while waiting for bosses to spawn. I'm in no big rush to reach some bracket higher than where I'm at.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been playing since beta and I do everything at my own slow pace. There is no need to rush your character at all. People burn out and max out their characters then come back to the forums and complain how bored they are. There is a lot of content to explore in BDO, its not just about the grinding. There's plenty more to come, so I'm happy as heck with this game.

Posted

This is where being a scrub comes in handy. xD

I don't make 100m a week off selling mats.

I don't have trade M2.

I'm not 60.

Have one TET and it's not even kzarka.

The challenge is all still there before me, it'll be a really long time before I get everything together.  If you're bored, it's definitely burn out.  Too much too fast.  Competition is great, and I love that part of it, but you can't expect to steam ahead full speed all the time.

I also took a 6 month break, never even thought i'd come back (not that i disliked the game, just had other stuff to do), but here I am and I enjoy the game even more than I did the first time.

i am a scrub too, max lvl 57, all TRI basic grunil/liverto/heiress/steel dagger and grinding drives me NUTS

I'm also a carebear, don't think about PVP'ing until i have all TRI boss gear and i'm completely fine with taking my time and not rushing

i have no clue how do people make all that load of money without a value pack.

The problem with the game imho is that it rewards so little for so much effort. Too much challenge makes the game tedious instead of fun

I don't plan on a break, alternating different games is fine enough

Posted (edited)

Hey WastedJoker, I alway found your post interesting to me, and agree with you 99% always. The 1% is left to be scientifically correct. LOL

Edited by Yeech

Posted

i am a scrub too, max lvl 57, all TRI basic grunil/liverto/heiress/steel dagger and grinding drives me NUTS

I'm also a carebear, don't think about PVP'ing until i have all TRI boss gear and i'm completely fine with taking my time and not rushing

i have no clue how do people make all that load of money without a value pack.

The problem with the game imho is that it rewards so little for so much effort. Too much challenge makes the game tedious instead of fun

I don't plan on a break, alternating different games is fine enough

It can feel tough sometimes.  One thing that helps is a guild who will keep you motivated.

2 people like this

Posted

I think OP is feeling "Combat Fatigue" and alludes directly too it with 

I think I've just finally realised it's a large but very shallow pool :(

The Combat in this game really looks good on the Surface.  Just like it looked good on the surface of Rift and GuildWars2 and ElderScroll Online.  The animations all seem very polished and there's at least the appearance there's a lot of abilities to pick from.  But they all have a major problem when it comes to the "Mechanical  Aesthetic" ... which is that you've basically only got 2 Kinds of classes and clusters of skills in this game.  Nothing they really do is a significant departure from "Mash this to DPS big group of dumb Mobs".  ... and that itself only comes in 2 flavors:  "Weaker but Ranged" & "Strong but pointblank".

This is because of one very simple reason:   ....there is no Interaction with the Mobs you have to grind.  ...And by that I mean there's no Counter-Play.   They don't react to you, and you don't have to react to them at all.   This in turn means that there's never any reason to improvise your skill routine on the fly or even really pay attention one bit.

In longer detailed form:  

• The mobs have no "Yaw Speed" limitation meaning they just auto-track you and this nullifies any bonus advantage strafe-attacking should be giving.
  • The way you "get behind them" to Crit is always to bait out their attack first which you I-frame roll through = Also boring the 10000'th time you do it.
  • 98% of them don't block.   --- and the 2% that do, don't switch between that state very much 
  • None of them dodge or attempt to flank you on purpose to hit your exposed back.
  • Practically none of the classes of have any kind of Buff-Debuff rotation and the ones that do, it barely affects the fight at all.
  • They're not weaker or stronger to any particular elements or attack types.
  • There's no real "pay dirt" for pulling off Counter-attacks and there's literally no such thing as an Interrupt.
  • None of them are really capable of chasing you as their movement speeds are pretty much all identical =  No feeling of variety between them.
  • They don't synergize with eachother at all and they especially don't "stack Buffs" if you end up aggro'ing too many at once.
  • They don't do any kind of Coordinating with eachother and their aggro is locked to 8  (which also prevents the inclusion of "Sniper" units)
  • There isn't any particular "kill" order you have to learn for each Faction type b/c none of them except for <Violents> can cause any real real "disruption".
  • And If you're spamming FrontGuard/SuperArmor skills then you don't even have to read their Animations for potential CC / debuffs
  • And probably the most Overlooked under-utilized thing in ANY game when it comes to A.I. -- None of them, "Big bads" included have any kind of "Machine Gun" or burst attack option in their Scripting that's specifically designed to consistently place HIts onto a ranged or moving/dodging Glass-Cannon player archetypes.. no instead they all just have big dumb slow attacks which means keeping another set of gear with higher Defense is always pointless for the Player = All Builds and all Gear choices pretty much look identical from one player to the next.

I mentioned Guildwar2 earlier... I think it's the perfect example of CORRUPTING a once interesting skill system in the name of "accessibility" where they completely dumbed down and removed all the Depth from Guildwars1 which was very different in the fact that you could easily play every single class and use every single skill and not get bored of it in the first Year b/c your choices ACTUALLY MATTERED.  ...what we have instead these days, is what I like to call  "Bioware/Telltale Skill Choice" 

1 person likes this

Posted

I hear what you're saying, but even in games where mobs had reactive defense and pack tactics, you could just go in there over leveled and none of that would matter.

Actually fighting things is utterly inefficient.  Farming them is.  I don't believe we will ever see another MMO where it's wiser to fight single, higher level mobs over groups of weaker ones.

Especially since someone always figures out a way to mindlessly farm even those guys.

I hear what you're saying, but even in games where mobs had reactive defense and pack tactics, you could just go in there over leveled and none of that would matter.

Actually fighting things is utterly inefficient.  Farming them is.  I don't believe we will ever see another MMO where it's wiser to fight single, higher level mobs over groups of weaker ones.

Especially since someone always figures out a way to mindlessly farm even those guys.