• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

WE DEMAND TRANSPARENCY

134 posts in this topic

Posted

But they're not actually secret, they're just needlessly hard to find out and can be completely changed on a whim with no accountability whatsoever.

You got a pen centaurs belt for the evasion? Tough luck, it got changed to damage reduction, have fun testing every single goddamned patch if your item was nerfed.

They do not OWE you anything....especially accountability.....it is their game they can do whatever they like.  If you don't like their policy then say so in the SUGGESTION thread not in general...getting angry in general gains you nothing except validation by other whiners.  I LIKE the game that is not so predictable.  I like this game the way it is and so do many others.  For alot of us gear stats are not the end and be all.

9_9

Do you really think telling people who have a different playstyle than yours to leave the game is going to lead to a decent future for BDO?

We get it, you have fun running around in Calpheon killing Manshas. Eventually you'll hit level 58+ and you'll realize things.

I have level 58 and 2 56 characters and frankly i find i do not need boss gear as i do not pvp and i can kill what ever i need with duo or tri.  I also have a master fisher, a master cook, a master alchemist and master  processors.  So i do indeed play a wide variety and i am not really worried as much about "progression" as i am just enjoying the game itself and not worrying about whether I can "compete".  Everyone who started this game and read anything about it including the KR version stuff knew how it was gonna be....if you read about it you should have known that this is the way they handle stats.  So why did you start in the first place if this was going to bother you?

Posted

Okay i know ppl like the way things are hidden it brings excitement and diversity BUT the only thing we can jundge ppl by is ap/dp.I dont think this is optimal.There may be ppl with 550 gear score but no acc so they will not do sh*t vs evasion build.ALso there may be ppl with 400 gs that have good acc and can fight strong ppl.What i am saying is I beleve it would be best if we get exact numerical values for acc/evasion.This is vital for a PVP oriantated game.Hidden stats and modifiers are fine like that but i want at least evasion/acc.

They do not OWE you anything....especially accountability.....it is their game they can do whatever they like.  If you don't like their policy then say so in the SUGGESTION thread not in general...getting angry in general gains you nothing except validation by other whiners.  I LIKE the game that is not so predictable.  I like this game the way it is and so do many others.  For alot of us gear stats are not the end and be all.

I have level 58 and 2 56 characters and frankly i find i do not need boss gear as i do not pvp and i can kill what ever i need with duo or tri.  I also have a master fisher, a master cook, a master alchemist and master  processors.  So i do indeed play a wide variety and i am not really worried as much about "progression" as i am just enjoying the game itself and not worrying about whether I can "compete".  Everyone who started this game and read anything about it including the KR version stuff knew how it was gonna be....if you read about it you should have known that this is the way they handle stats.  So why did you start in the first place if this was going to bother you?

Ofcourse you dont care.This is mostly a problem for PvPers cause those stats are important in pvp.I personally dont want it all revealed i just want numerical values for evasion/accuracy so that pvpers have a base to work with.

Posted

Unless they refund me my payment for the game/the items I bought in the game, yeps, they do indeed owe me.

That's how a transaction like this works. Deal with it. 

Posted

Unless they refund me my payment for the game/the items I bought in the game, yeps, they do indeed owe me.

Only thing you bought are:

• The right to play the game on the server
  • the right to use items you bought.

That's the only thing they owe you, unless the server are taken down, you have no claims.

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah umm... no. A transaction is based on a meeting of the minds. You weren't deceived as to the terms. You knew exactly what you were getting into. You got exactly what you were promised. You chose to accept the terms. 

Deal with it.

Posted

Yeah umm... no. A transaction is based on a meeting of the minds. You weren't deceived as to the terms. You knew exactly what you were getting into. You got exactly what you were promised. You chose to accept the terms. 

Actually quite incorrect as the marketing spiel they had pre-launch isn't exactly what I've been getting. I've been getting the Korean version not the "adjusted to our market" version I was promised. 

Posted

You know who the people using that word are right?

People who're older than you don't, and those who're younger aren't here. So.

You know who the people using that word are right?

People who're older than you don't, and those who're younger aren't here. So.

Did I strike a nerve? Google 'Millen' and see what google suggests. Google the full word and see how many people wrote blogs complaining about the 'Entitled' generation.

Posted

Did I strike a nerve? Google 'Millen' and see what google suggests. Google the full word and see how many people wrote blogs complaining about the 'Entitled' generation.

Did you just tell me to google a dress maker to prove some point? I don't get it.

Posted

Did you just tell me to google a dress maker to prove some point? I don't get it.

Spoken just like a Millennial. Thanks.  

#TypicalMillenial

Posted

Spoken just like a Millennial. Thanks.  

#TypicalMillenial

Odd you are close to being 40 yet you talk like you are 15 thats one hell of an achievement you manged to pull of there.

Posted

Odd you are close to being 40 yet you talk like you are 15 thats one hell of an achievement you manged to pull of there.

As someone who actually fits that description, I, nor anyone of that age I know, do not use that term ever.

"Damned kids these days" with a wave of our canes, that we use. That idiotic word? Never.

Posted

As someone who actually fits that description, I, nor anyone of that age I know, do not use that term ever.

"Damned kids these days" with a wave of our canes, that we use. That idiotic word? Never.

The point I was making to him is that he is calling you a millenial yet him being that old he somehow sounds like one and not just like any millenial but a kid as well,

Posted

The point I was making to him is that he is calling you a millenial yet him being that old he somehow sounds like one and not just like any millenial but a kid as well,

Aye I know, I was just throwing some fun at him as well. Clearly no arguing with him cause he has this image in his mind ;)

Posted (edited)

Recently a topic of conversation/disagreement in the guild was the abilities of weapons - specifically the stats hidden but active on the weapon - or so we think.

Not to put a fine line on it, but I tend to think if it isn't shown as affecting the numbers, then it ain't there. 

Point in case is the AP% of the main weapon affecting the AW and the amazing case of accuracy.

My question: How can we help you or maybe force you to reveal what are the realities. I want to put an end to all those testing vids that apparently prove a case.

I would like to see an additional stat that shows hit ratio. As the game knows what you are fighting, then it can log what your chances of hitting the object are.

The second point is also a bugbear. The levels of attributes we can currently attain is 5 for Attack speed, Crit Hit etc ending up with Luck. More often that not the buffs I have active, double that.

2nd question: What happens to the remainder?

For those that have trouble reading: I have asked 2 (two) questions. I would prefer someone in authority to answer but I know you will wade in anyways so try and be civil (not nasty or trollish) and your thoughts on other things that should be transparent would be welcomed.

I think they intentionally hide the accuracy and evasion stats so that they can ninja buff/nerf certain classes, gear, monsters etc.  

Edited by SkullMonkey

Posted (edited)

Is stupid to have all stats hidden

But stats are not the only thing hidden 

Its hidden stats + rng 

Its playing a luck game without knowing ur chances of winning and losing 

That sucks and gives the chance to Developers to make more $$$ making really low chances of sucess cuz we would need to buy more Artisian shit or horse pearls stuff etc to sucess 

Devs Know that if we Knew all that hidden stuff we would complain and they would have to make it more fair 

Edited by jose0320

Posted

I think they intentionally hide the accuracy and evasion stats so that they can ninja buff/nerf certain classes, gear, monsters etc.  

It's just a matter of doing so with 0 accountability.

Posted

Please teach me how to hear text. Thats an amazing feat!

Posted

This is already the case for anyone who has been playing for a while.

All the current system does is make it needlessly hard on newer players like yourself.

Are you a troll or just stupid?

Posted

Are you a troll or just stupid?

I don't know, why don't you tell people what you're wearing and how you came to the conclusion that that's what you should be wearing?

Posted (edited)

I asked why the hidden stats are not being shown and many forum users called me as a troll. I think people like being blind.

Probably because the devs are tired of games that give shit to everyone without requiring them to play with it.
Go find out.

Also, don't WE us. Not all of us share the same view as you.
I'm tired of games that give all the answers as well. Don't be afraid to do some work for yourself.

Maybe it's just me but, I believe in teaching our children how to shoot without a range finder, in the event they catch themselves vs predators without a range finder.
But maybe that's just how I was raised.

Edited by War

Posted

War, we probably don't live in dire wilds, that's why we don't care about range finders or even shooting.

However, in case you are playing BDO, it's not a game where stats are totally hidden. You open your character, your inventory, you hover your mouse over an item... you'll see numbers everywhere. If you call that immersion or whatever, that's weird.

In the early days, Ultima Online was hiding stats. You would identify a magic item, it would says something like "Supremely Accurate Katana of Vanquishing". It meant it had a weapon skill bonus (+ chance to hit) and a damage bonus. It wasn't written anywhere. BDO is no way near that. There are stats everywhere. Which means it's absurd not to explain them.

Posted

In the early days, Ultima Online was hiding stats. You would identify a magic item, it would says something like "Supremely Accurate Katana of Vanquishing". It meant it had a weapon skill bonus (+ chance to hit) and a damage bonus. It wasn't written anywhere. BDO is no way near that. There are stats everywhere. Which means it's absurd not to explain them.

Even back in those days the stats were officially confirmed when they were found out though.

Good ole +9 damage from Vanquishing.

Posted (edited)

I agree with you that testing, theorycrafting and the like is something that is fun in games. Having been a crafter/plant grower in FFXI, I still for whatever reason have fond memories of the times of "To get the optimum result we need to face NW, on a Firesday, with the moon being a Waning gibbous." That kind of stuff was fun. The reason why that same type of situation is not fun is because unlike earth and science, literally everything in BDO could at any minor or major patch completely flip. 
The idea of science is that you have a constant, so when you discover something you can start making new hypothesis based on what is a constant. The issue here is, there is no true constant because especially with DP on accessories, they don't even have the decency to tell you if your DP is evasion DP or DR DP.

Then we have to assume that the coding is even correct, now I might not be remembering correctly, but for the longest time weren't the nodes broken so that any energy you put into it was essentially pointless? How can you test something that's broken, how do you even discover it IS broken? It's reasons like that which make the idea of theorycrafting unfulfilling in BDO because you're never even sure that what you are testing is working as intended to begin with. 

I mean in real life; we don't really know what electricity is but we still were able to put arbitrary numbers to it and make it work for us...

But I see how if they do change the code for things and stats around that would be a -----. So yeah ----- the system!!! Stop changing the shit!!

Edited by Sullivan Murdoc

Posted

Sometimes yes, but not here. I also think it's strange for an item to say "Increased AP and Accuracy", this does not mean anything and to me personally it makes no sense. 

What about the "statistic" that says you don't lose as much AP in the rain.   Huh?  What?  Lose AP in the rain?  What weapon SAYS you lose Ap in the rain???

Posted

incorrect

Only thing you bought are:

• The right to play the game on the server
  • the right to use items you bought.

That's the only thing they owe you, unless the server are taken down, you have no claims.

Under current law and even their TOS and EULA,purposely broad stroked i might add
You are paying for a "chance" at an experience. There is no guarantee the servers will stay open,should they close tomorrow no refunds have validity because of it,
games have shelf lives if they decide its not Profitable in the perception that "they" decide  , then they could cancel the game tomorrow and owe none of us anything.

I am using that as an extreme because i am trying to explain the extent they could go,Course they will stick with whats profitable.

You are paying to have a "chance" at "experiencing" a companies "intellectual property" through a company that is the middle man,
You are paying for that experience through a person who has no control if the game keeps running. The dev could stop making the game
and at the end of kakaos signed time which is done in 1-4 year increments for most games,at the end of that time that company no longer has the rights
to running the game.because it is only leased intellectual property to the publishing company.

So according to law,Because the broad strokes, Technically to the extent of the law,you could buy a costume today,game goes down tomorrow,they wouldn't 
have to pay you red penny.

The fact is everyone,The second you log in this game,(Your account that was technically your property by function of creating in reality) Is immediately surrendered
upon logging into the game,Because we all know what logging into the game for the first time does now as of last year (agreeing to TOS & EULA) Once agreed to
you have 0 rights.

There are no significant cases of precedent when it comes to micro transactions via digital goods in an online game that would even warrant tightening of the law right now on such things.

People .. Know your rights.. You have none. Stop worrying about it anyway,your more likely to stub your toe than lose your account anytime soon,worry about your god damned toes.