• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Urgent Maintenance April 27

212 posts in this topic

Posted

So what's going on? Website isn't even updated anymore when maint is extended? Nothing on Twitter either. Now we need to look at the launcher to see the maint. times have changed. Nice service.

1 person likes this

Posted

So lets force my given up mentality onto others on this forum right because that is the logical thing to do ..........

You're still here? You bore me. Go away and lead your crusade to try and make a company that gives less than 2 shits about you change what they have planned.

Posted

I just got a 34mb patch.

Posted

Ashes of Creation, kickstarter in 4 days :P

The only thing this game is holding on to right now is there's nothing else out there at present. 

KashKao better get their shit together if they want to retain players when something better comes along! 

Unless you're happy wasting a year playing alpha Ashes is not releasing until 2019 probably. BDO as a game is fine it's the -----ing publisher as usual ruining the experience

Posted

So what's going on? Website isn't even updated anymore when maint is extended? Nothing on Twitter either. Now we need to look at the launcher to see the maint. times have changed. Nice service.

someone spilled coffee on the maintenance update, got distracted by traps.

Posted

Sets alarm so that he can resume afk fishing... Wakes up to still nothing.   Ugh

Posted

I really hope they fix the lag and server issues and maybe get their priorities set straight. This is the third game I've invested into hoping it'll last me a long time, BnS was a disappointment, TERA got boring and now BDO is starting to show some bad colors. *sigh It's a wonder these developers can't seem to get their shit right, I mean, just look at how other games fail and maybe.. don't do what they did? I can't imagine it's that difficult to run a game and yet here we are.

Posted

okay make sure to actually repair the horse set. dont mess that up please. and please fix what you can in the name of broken desert online.

Posted

Ashes of Creation, kickstarter in 4 days :P

The only thing this game is holding on to right now is there's nothing else out there at present. 

KashKao better get their shit together if they want to retain players when something better comes along! 

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/ This going to be better anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

445dc7d0fac0c57e13b9993b0bec2329_enter-i

Posted

someone spilled coffee on the maintenance update, got distracted by traps.

My bet is the only person who knows how to turn the servers back on is running late for work.

Posted

So i found this a little insulting toward the community, and wrong.

its true that it should be faster.

Every server worth over 800$ of infrastructure does have a test server with the exact same files and version running locally.

So basically you can make a patch and test it whyle real server is running and as you find your fix you do it again from zero ( just your fix this time with no testing ) and you copy all files that you modified during the fix into a folder

if the operation was sucessfull, then you shut down live server and copy all the files you stored // paste in server folder // boot server

the offline time should be in between 10 seconds and 1 minute depending on the speed of your CPU/RAM to boot the server, basically.

Anything below 20 minutes would totally be understandable due to having a bigger infrastructure and allowing human mistakes

but anything above it is riddiculous, because then, we are not talking about pasting a working and tested patch anymore

were talking about shutting the server down in order to start the developement from zero, and this means theres no test server, and no developement environnement.

This scenario would be a serious Joke, and this is what were gettiong

Source: Had server for just about 10 years // did patching and hotfixes myself, know exactly how it works

A patch Should always be READY when the server is shuttting down.

No reason in the world no matter how softisticated a server is to shut it down and do developement when its off, this is flat out retarded.

2 people like this

Posted

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/ This going to be better anyway.

i go to there home page and see some bald dude walking like a robot. Yeah way better

2 people like this

Posted

value pack 60 days as recompensation pls:D

Posted

this is not extended its an emergency cant you see!!!!???? OMG there is a horse costume malfunction!!!! get with the program! how can we continue without this horse costume??? are you insane???

remove sarcasm = no post

1 person likes this

Posted

I really want to see some statistic about whats the percentage of people who are regularly buying pearl among all of the complainers.
All Freemium games have this problem. Atleas in a sub based game everyone can claim i paid for this.

Posted (edited)

this is not extended its an emergency cant you see!!!!???? OMG there is a horse costume malfunction!!!! get with the program! how can we continue without this horse costume??? are you insane???

remove sarcasm = no post

that one made me smile

Edited by Mannaroth

Posted

Maintenance extended by 30 minutes, but the CM is incapable of editing the topic ... sigh ...

Posted

Is this -----ing real?  You have a 2 hour update to something that hardly anyone cares about.  When someone else comes along with a game similar but better than yours in terms of customer support and satisfaction you're -----ed.  i hope you guys know that.  not that they read their forums or anything, because it's obvious they don't give a shit about their userbase.  i hope either your game burns, or you wake the ----- up and get your shit straight.

Posted

i go to there home page and see some bald dude walking like a robot. Yeah way better

They should work on character animations :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

So i found this a little insulting toward the community, and wrong.

its true that it should be faster.

Every server worth over 800$ of infrastructure does have a test server with the exact same files and version running locally.

So basically you can make a patch and test it whyle real server is running and as you find your fix you do it again from zero ( just your fix this time with no testing ) and you copy all files that you modified during the fix into a folder

if the operation was sucessfull, then you shut down live server and copy all the files you stored // paste in server folder // boot server

the offline time should be in between 10 seconds and 1 minute depending on the speed of your CPU/RAM to boot the server, basically.

Anything below 20 minutes would totally be understandable due to having a bigger infrastructure and allowing human mistakes

but anything above it is riddiculous, because then, we are not talking about pasting a working and tested patch anymore

were talking about shutting the server down in order to start the developement from zero, and this means theres no test server, and no developement environnement.

This scenario would be a serious Joke, and this is what were gettiong

Source: Had server for just about 10 years // did patching and hotfixes myself, know exactly how it works

A patch Should always be READY when the server is shuttting down.

No reason in the world no matter how softisticated a server is to shut it down and do developement when its off, this is flat out retarded.

Seems to me that you are clueless about how things work... Even SWTOR needs 8 h for maintenance, even WoW needs time but you expect that BDO to be almost instant... a game with more than 60gb files... 

Posted

I really want to see some statistic about whats the percentage of people who are regularly buying pearl among all of the complainers.
All Freemium games have this problem. Atleas in a sub based game everyone can claim i paid for this.

thank you for reminding me...gotta buy some Artisans memories today and a new Value pack.

Posted

Its simple really, pearl shop makes them money.  Fixing things like lag etc, costs them money.  Make money... spend money...  What do you think they are going to choose?  Companies continue to use broke stuff as long as the profit remains.  When the profit dries up, particularly because of things needing fixed they do a cost analysis to determine if its more worth while to keep their money or spend some to fix it.  If they think it'll cost more to fix it then they'll immediately make they abandon it and move on to something else that can make money right away with.  That's the problem with the FTP model.  Since the FTP model has come about MMO's have slipped markedly in quality.  There isn't a subscription base to keep happy.  With FTP constant micro transactions bring in a money stream.  Because FTP revolves around micro transactions and not subscription the emphasis gets placed on new micro transaction items and not content or equipment upgrades and maintenance.  A high player turn over rate is expected in a FTP system where in a subscription system they need to work hard at maintaining a base to keep money coming in, thus content.  So in a nutshell, FTP games don't require as much money spent continuously on development (content).  Want a better game, get these companies away from FTP and back to subscriptions where they felt accountable to a subscriber base.  In FTP they'll take you or leave you, some one new will try out the game tomorrow and maybe spend a couple dollars.

Posted

Servers are up, all that crying can be finished now. Kappa