• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

what is the meaning of changes in the new patch?

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can somebody explain what does each change do exactly, I read it but understood pretty much nothing.

Srwzoua.pngNinja

• Fixed the issue where damage was not properly applied when the skill Kunai: Evasive Throw was used after learning Kunai Throw III.

• The skill Flow: Ankle Break has been greatly improved. Cooldown time of the skill Mach Explosion has been decreased and attack motions have become faster.

• 30 sec. → 17 sec.

• The number of hits for the skill Sudden Decapitation on a double sword stance has been increased.

• 2 Hits → 4 Hits

• The issue where Bound effect wasn’t applied when using the skill Sudden Decapitation on a double sword stance has been fixed.

• Players can now repeatedly use the skill Murderous Intent and Ninja Step when using the skill Corrupt Sword Dance or Sudden Decapitation on a double sword stance.

• Players can now repeatedly use the skill Murderous Intent and Ninja Step when using the skill Dual Sword Canceling.

• The text of “100% Critical Hit” has been added on the description of the skill Aftershock. 

Edited by Zoro

Posted

For the highlighted text: I think it is basically saying that you can use Murderous and Ghost step to cancel the animations of the skills listed (although I'm not sure what "dual sword canceling" is).

I'm at work though... can anyone confirm?

Posted

it means you can use murderous and ninja step after seamless instead of csd and decap in dual stance respectively.

Posted

it means you can use murderous and ninja step after seamless instead of csd and decap in dual stance respectively.

does it mean it will igbore CD? Idk how itd be repeatedly if not. 

Posted (edited)

For the highlighted text: I think it is basically saying that you can use Murderous and Ghost step to cancel the animations of the skills listed (although I'm not sure what "dual sword canceling" is).

I'm at work though... can anyone confirm?

i did exactly what it says in the description, seamless-corrupt sword or sudden decap.- murderous intent or ghost step, nothing much of a difference i could see, it was exactly same before the update, no visible animation cancel or something like that imo, maybe they just thought like "oh lets just write some random stuff to patch notes for ninjas so they don't feel so bad"

it seems like corrupt sword hits and match explosion is the only real "buff" they gave us, in last what? 20 patches?

it seems like corrupt sword hits and match explosion is the only real "buff" they gave us, in last what? 20 patches?

Edited by Zoro

Posted

i did exactly what it says in the description, seamless-corrupt sword or sudden decap.- murderous intent or ghost step, nothing much of a difference i could see, it was exactly same before the update, no visible animation cancel or something like that imo, maybe they just thought like "oh lets just write some random stuff to patch notes for ninjas so they don't feel so bad"

before u cannot use murderous after seamless, u had to cancel with ghost step first then use it. Same with ninja step.

no. Its only a buff to make ninja a little less clunky

before u cannot use murderous after seamless, u had to cancel with ghost step first then use it. Same with ninja step.

Posted

what exactly is ninja step? am i being too noob or?

what exactly is ninja step? am i being too noob or?

Posted

W+RMB (Ninja Step)

W+RMB (Ninja Step)

Posted

thx tsu. And ya tryed it out mehs. Buuuuuut grapple to canceled double sword stance sudden decap seems to float almot 100% of the time from a down attack now atleast. I mean it aint much but maybe I can work it into some combos like that followed woth serepents if I lock eexecution. Need to test. 

Posted (edited)

Where did they talked about "Seamless" in the patch notes? They said nothing about it and btw. 

Quote: "before, u cannot use murderous after seamless, u had to cancel with ghost step first then use it." Wrong I could use Murderous after Seamless even before the patch and I did that combo the most.. (or at least really really often to have a smooth "gameplay" with my combos)

Edited by Ranchy

Posted (edited)

Where did they talked about "Seamless" in the patch notes? They said nothing about it and btw. 

Their translations are shit. They talk about dual sword stance, I'm sure you know that the only way you get into dual wield is by using seamless, it's basic mechanics. 

Quote: "before, u cannot use murderous after seamless, u had to cancel with ghost step first then use it." Wrong I could use Murderous after Seamless even before the patch and I did that combo the most.. (or at least really really often to have a smooth "gameplay" with my combos)

I'm really not sure you know your mechanics well. The only way you could use murderous after being in dual stance (after activating seamless) would be if you did not have corrupt sword dance learned (or decap learned for ninja step variant). The game prioritized using csd over murderous when any combination of LMB was pressed and decap over ninja step for RMB variant.

tldr; the only way you could have used murderous or ninja step right after doing seamless slashes (or dual stance variants of csd/decap) was if you didn't have decap or csd learned or canceled it with ghost step.

Btw it's the same thing with mach explosion, if you have it learned, it prioritizes mach explosion over ninja step.

Awakened ninja is not smooth gameplay to me, but that is subjective, it could be for you i don't really care, it just means i'm more sensitive to minute mechanics than you are.

Edited by Tsurugi
clarification
1 person likes this

Posted

Their translations are shit. They talk about dual sword stance, I'm sure you know that the only way you get into dual wield is by using seamless, it's basic mechanics. 

I'm really not sure you know your mechanics well. The only way you could use murderous after being in dual stance (after activating seamless) would be if you did not have corrupt sword dance learned (or decap learned for ninja step variant). The game prioritized using csd over murderous when any combination of LMB was pressed and decap over ninja step for RMB variant.

tldr; the only way you could have used murderous or ninja step right after doing seamless slashes (or dual stance variants of csd/decap) was if you didn't have decap or csd learned or canceled it with ghost step.

Btw it's the same thing with mach explosion, if you have it learned, it prioritizes mach explosion over ninja step.

Awakened ninja is not smooth gameplay to me, but that is subjective, it could be for you i don't really care, it just means i'm more sensitive to minute mechanics than you are.

It sepends on playstyle honestly if yoyour the type to sit in awakening it is very clunky but theres people who can make ninja look smooth as butter like mayzap. Honestly I prob 55/45 awakening/pre awaken. And its alot faster abrupt and smooth for me. The way our wep swap pushes us forward or to the side is good for movement. Its easier to show than to exlain tthough, I have alot of ppl say ninj is op bcause they cant escape from me. My apply pressure game is strong af because alot of attcks are movements or can lauch you into a movement. I probably swap too much Honestly but the constant change in tempo that ninja can do is really nice honestly. You can go from snail to flash in a well flash lol. We should hold a ninja pvp prac 1 day for all the NA forum users because Im NA if your EU Iunno then lol. 

Posted

It sepends on playstyle honestly if yoyour the type to sit in awakening it is very clunky but theres people who can make ninja look smooth as butter like mayzap. Honestly I prob 55/45 awakening/pre awaken. And its alot faster abrupt and smooth for me. The way our wep swap pushes us forward or to the side is good for movement. Its easier to show than to exlain tthough, I have alot of ppl say ninj is op bcause they cant escape from me. My apply pressure game is strong af because alot of attcks are movements or can lauch you into a movement. I probably swap too much Honestly but the constant change in tempo that ninja can do is really nice honestly. You can go from snail to flash in a well flash lol. We should hold a ninja pvp prac 1 day for all the NA forum users because Im NA if your EU Iunno then lol. 

I use ss a lot. Clunkiness is my opinion only for awakening ↓

Ninja is clunky is not only because of slowness of certain skills, it's because of traits on skills make it unusable or render it lackluster. In short they feel like mini ss 100% ults in that they work against you for learning them. 

Ex. our flows suck not only because they are slow with bad aoe, no protection etc, it's also because of button conflicts. Trying to use ninja step after a decap, makes you use execution, or ninja step after drastic makes you use mach explosion. Sometimes you need that ninja step in but you have to use something else first before you do, which wastes valuable time where the opponent can recoup. So you're left with 2 choices, don't use those skills (at least not often) or lock flow skills/don't learn them.

Transition stance is honestly gimmicky and i feel like it would potentially be an awesome addition to ninja's kit if it had skills for trans and normal stance be viable so we get to choose when to use what skill in certain situations, but it isn't, and it won't be. Normal stance is always inferior to trans stance (most of the time vastly inferior).  And no, mastering trans stance does not make you skilled, it's honestly no more complicated than a warrior block→dash spam. Angling silent+murderous to go behind someone isn't that different than wiz/witch angling a double tele around a corner. You can't even use trans stance in every case you can use block. Honestly, if they got rid of RMB all together and just let block activate silent charge, ninja versatility would get a significant boost just because you can do things like cancel dual wield quickly into silent charge+murderous allowing for better catching capabilities than what we have currently which is dual wield into murderous.

RMB is a redundant skill that from a design stand point really has no purpose other than maybe cool factor. From a QA standpoint, having trans stance be viable requires that PA is actually thinking about the nuances for the skills they decided to put in, like key overloads (ninja step after drastic measure with mach explosion learned). Also, that bug where  trans stance activates normal skills, if we just removed shitty normal stance skills in the first place, we wouldn't have that issue.

You can make ninja look smooth as butter, but only if you don't use the plethora of bad clunky skills that our kit has. You may say, so what, every class as shit skills that no one uses. True, but less skills = less versatility and more predictability and we have a lot of shit skills; which is why i really wish they would put more thought into our other skills instead of pidgeonholing us to use the few good ones we have. To be fair PA did make us less clunky with the latest patch, they just have more work to do imo.

Honestly, most of this post is just my opinion about awakened ninja from a dev standpoint, i understand that some people are absolutely fine with just utilizing the few good skills to the best of their ability, but it doesn't mean that ninja awakening kit is quite honestly poorly thought out and still needs work. (especially key overloads)

1 person likes this