• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FPS literally halved after the patch

43 posts in this topic

Posted

My bet is on the new menu feature. Marketplace lags like crazy!

Posted

any update on this?  I'm getting crazy micro stutters since the patch.  It's like watching a 15fps movie.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same issue here, I7 6700k, 980ti, 16gb RAM.

I went through my graphics settings and found out that I was running on low power graphics mode :D that brought FPS from 10 to 20-25, but still not the 40-50 I'm used to seeing. The most silly thing is that if I have another window and switch to it, I can see that FPS jumps immediately in game, and drops as soon as I tab back to the game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have noticed that when I have a window open for my inventory or market place, I get a huge increase in FPS. This was happening months before the patch, however, the patch has reduced my FPS overall now. The little tricks like opening and closing market place or inventory window is not helping much anymore.

Graphics Low-Power mode will kill FPS as it throttles the GPU to save energy while afking, however, I can't save the settings where I have this permanently turned off.

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition OC to 4.6ghz

Radeon RX 480

Evo 850 SSD

16 gb of OCZ ram

All items are less than 2 months old, so I doubt my hardware is dying.

(side note) I have ran overwatch at max settings and DOOM 2016 max settings with BDO minimized, and have over 80 FPS for both games. (2 games at a time not all 3 at the same time)

BDO's optimization for their game is garbage, please, let us know if there is a fix, workaround or solution to the recent FPS decrease.

Edited by FabledLegend

Posted (edited)

Same for me:

I7 5820k @ 4.4ghz

32gb ddr4-3000 Ram CL15

GTX 1080 @ 2100/1375

Windows 10 64-Bit

Edited by Oddyzeus

Posted (edited)

Been getting the same problem since around early this weeks time. It seems to proc when entering highly populated locations most of the time and occasionally other areas as well. The FPS in the game settings says I'll be getting 80-90 fps but its so choppy it feels like its at 15-20.

i7 5820K

GTX 1070

Edited by Morowolf

Posted

Same here, FPS is atrocious, and I have an UBER computer...........really hope they fix!

Posted

Same issue.

1080 SLI
5930k that's been tested with both default settings and a modest OC
32GB of DDR4 RAM
Run off its own SSD

Nothing changed between last patch and this patch except I no longer get 100-120 FPS in the open world, it's more like a stuttery 50-60 (on lower settings), and it drops even further if I'm fighting anything. This is god awful.

We would appreciate it if you would acknowledge that this is being read and you're looking into it. Silence frustrates everyone more than whatever it is you did to cause this.

Posted

Exactly same for me fps is spiking all over since last patch 

Posted

same here. before the patch i was taking 60 fps but now after the patch 20-25 

Any developer knowing after the patch game is UNPLAYABLE ???

Posted

Dev doesn't care as long there are people willing to pour money into this game.

Posted

Dear developers; 

please but please certainly RELEASE PATCH FOR FIX FPS MOTHER F*CKERS  NOW !!!

Posted (edited)

wait ... killing coherent UI processess seems to be a better life for you too guys? Or it's only my hope to believe playing better these days?!?! ....:ph34r:

EDIT : nah it was only hope and ... semblance

Edited by The Saint

Posted

Not sure but I had this issue after the latest patch. It seems that BDO went back to using my onboard video instead of my dedicated video card. Once I fixed that it seemed to go back to normal.

Posted

Not sure but I had this issue after the latest patch. It seems that BDO went back to using my onboard video instead of my dedicated video card. Once I fixed that it seemed to go back to normal.

how did you change this?

Posted (edited)

I don't know much about FPS but since a patch from some weeks ago (right after it updated) my screen was just freezing every other second, so I think it's the same problem you all have. I noticed in settings -> screen -> display settings, "graphic card low-power mode" was checked. When I unchecked it in-game and clicked "apply", it wouldn't change, but just now I tried it in the start menu and it worked for me. I hope it works for you too. 

Edited by Saelrath

Posted

how did you change this?

Settings from launcher. Theres a drop down at the bottom to pick your video card. If you have nvidia and its not listed you have to open the nvidia control panel and add the game under 3d settings then relaunch the bdo launcher and see if its available. If you have a different video card you'll have to google it.

Posted

My previous solution only lasted for a day, but now I found out I installed a background program at the time (making your screen imitate the light of the sun so you sleep better), and when I close it BDO immediately works fine again. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0