• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Constant maintenance has ruined my trial experience

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I work nights.  Last night and tonight are my nights off.  The only thing I've wanted to do during my 'weekend' was play this game and see if it's something I want to buy.  Over the last 2 days, there has been nearly 10 hours of downtime, all during my primary gaming hours.  Considering the trial only lasts 7 days, this means that the only days off I had available to try and personally invest myself in this MMO have now come and gone.  Because of server maintenance, I will now be unable to commit the hours of play necessary for me to get a firm understanding of the game and decide if I want to purchase it.

These 7 days were this company's chance to 'hook' me, and they blew it.  In doing so, they've lost out on my initial cover-charge from purchasing the game, and potentially hundreds of dollars worth of microtransactions which might have gone their way if this experience had not tainted my desire to buy this game.

7-to-8 hour downtimes are uncalled for.  Surprise downtimes with no warning are uncalled for.  If this game's developers are unable or unwilling to conduct maintenance in a manner which respects my time and doesn't prevent me from playing this game during multiple days out of any given week, then I am unwilling to give them any of my money - And I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way.

Whoever is in charge of maintenance for this title: I want to enjoy this game, but I can only do that when you allow me to play it.  Otherwise I'm left spiting you and your studio for prohibiting me from participating in what I had planned for my leisure time.  This isn't how you sell your game to me effectively.  Something needs to be done so that I can have some level of assurance that if I buy this game and continue to play it, it will be available to me during the handful of hours I have each week to play a video game.

Please address this issue.

Posted

There is a maintenance every wednesday. Always. You can find the timer on twitter and on news and announcements section. 

If it ruined your free trial, then ask ppl for a guest pass or make a new account for another 7 days?

There are no surprises with maintenances that are announced and comes on the same day and time every week. The only bad thing about maintenance is that in Europe its at daytime instead of nighttime like it is in US. 

But if one downtime ruins your play, then dont play cuz there will be more downtimes.

-Sharm, the Maehwa

Posted

hey, if u want a key for other seven days i have tons of it. just send me ur email.

Posted

A weekly maintenance is one thing.  When maintenance is regularly extended, and the game is taken offline on non-maintenance days for shit like this: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/140073-maintenance-urgent-maintenance-april-27/  then I'm forced to believe that the developers of this game aren't managing these processes correctly, and that I, as a player, am being denied my 'prime time' gaming hours as a result.

Posted (edited)

A weekly maintenance is one thing.  When maintenance is regularly extended, and the game is taken offline on non-maintenance days for shit like this: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/140073-maintenance-urgent-maintenance-april-27/  then I'm forced to believe that the developers of this game aren't managing these processes correctly, and that I, as a player, am being denied my 'prime time' gaming hours as a result.

Seriously, run while you can. On may 2 I am going back to guild wars 2.

Edited by Redfeather75

Posted (edited)

This is life, and there's going to be unexpected occurences. At least they had the maintenance to fix the issues.  Like Shanothy stated: It's on a schedule and there are no surprises with the normal maintenance. The way you type about this makes you seem entitled and look like you have a victim complex because they had Regularly scheduled maintenance on the time you have off from work.. Did they single you out? Or has it always been this way..

Edited by Grehm
1 person likes this

Posted

I was screwed too

I was screwed too

Posted

Wow, over reaction much? No online service has 100% uptime, and whatever time they choose for maintenance will affect someone.

Posted

Wow, over reaction much? No online service has 100% uptime, and whatever time they choose for maintenance will affect someone.

While I totally agree with your statement, because of the truth involved in it...i also totally understand this guy's feelings on the matter.  It sucks when you really want to try something, see it as fun and want to spend the time on it, but crap keeps getting in the way.

Posted (edited)

@Geminel For the quality of this game and the MASSIVE amount of feature in this game, it is reasonable there will be hiccups, especially when they release/patch new content. It is a 7 day free trial, would it make you feel better they make it 5 day free trial and add a remark *you better signup after our maintenance date*?

What I mean, it is all in perspective, the Dev letting people give this game a try before you dive into buying the game. You don't see every games giving you a free trial before purchase.

Edited by BakaNeko