• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Urgent Maintenance April 27 ... for one pearl item

102 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm really happy today, so I think you all need a group hug.

I don't think it's a smart move from the OP to try to insult everyone in a "PUBLIC" forum about our education, that's like using a Chuck Norris as your avatar and call yourself the man who knows all.

I don't think it's a smart move from the OP to try to insult everyone in a "PUBLIC" forum about our education, that's like using a Chuck Norris as your avatar and call yourself the man who knows all.

Posted

Poor OP, so sad, he can't play on one work day between 8 AM and 9.30 AM.

How can you even live with that? It's really shocking.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I see this kind of post on every single game I've ever played. Do you guys jump from game to game just to complain? 

Edited by TimeLordx
doublepost

Posted

Back when Jouska wasn't PM? I wonder. . . 

Yeah. Back when Jouska was actuall CM and did a great job. CM's' today cant even be called CM's.

Back when Jouska wasn't PM? I wonder. . . 

Yeah. Back when Jouska was actuall CM and did a great job. CM's' today cant even be called CM's.

Posted (edited)

Valk block fix when?

This! ^^

All nice and dandy, in the meantime a BUG like this (they know it, they have acknowledged it IS one) persists for like a month now, effectively ruining a class (some would argue an already ruined class), but hey who should care about a "pet class" favoured by a handful of peculiar weirdos, right?

Just an example. Obviously you don't need to be a genius to figure out what the top priorities are, though I have to say it can be slightly irritating when one realises the massive profits our dear Publisher has made so far and early on. Which in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, except... the "misdirection" of how our westernised version of BDO would rather follow a Buy-To-Play model, when it is far from it. Unless people still believe you can play and have the "full treatment" without those little gadgets called value packs, pets (and actually higher tier RNG bred ones), weight / inventory / storage etc increases, and the likes, none of them being anything close to "cosmetic". On top of paying a price (larger early on, perhaps smaller now) to actually buy and run the game.

One would perhaps expect a slightly better service and care for their paying players / customers (each one of us in NA and EU), since there isn't even the excuse of a "Free" (to-Play) version like the original Korean one.

But blah... this version of BDO has done well already (initial profit wise), is probably still bringing some decent money in, even at the state it is right now, so... even more profit. So why bother as long as the message the "player base" (as a whole) is sending is "go on with what you are doing / milking, we will keep buying it".

Besides we can always all come and post a bit more and vend over here in the Forum! 9_9

Edited by Ninnghizhidda

Posted (edited)

Thanks for not contributing to this topic on any level at all ... but at least we know you have learned to read and write.

Good for you! but my condolences to rest of your brain that isdead as it seems :/

Play? -.- .... you call letting my character do something AFK, so rest of the game which requires to be online, will do stuff for me?

Let me guess, you didn't know your workers don't do s**t while you are not logged-in right? Figures!

and ... just to let you know ... this 8-9.30 thing you said is in reality basically 2 days many of us can't do ANYTHING as we couldn't set it up at mornign and go to work ... guess those things my workers are crafting will be ready in some next two days, time to play something else meanwhile, yeah! :Dlse meanwhile, yeah! :D

Edited by Arcticcz
forum now tries to multiply posts? Oo

Posted (edited)

Typical Korean MMO

Cash shop taker priority over anything

The only time they patch anything is when cash shop sales go down

Never address customer complaints low communication with player base it was the same way in maplestory 

and we all see how that went kakkao is like a mini nexon

Edited by DarkHoliday

Posted

what a responsible manager would do is turn off the Switch that lets people buy that one stupid item, and get your support flunkies to refund the money for anyone who already bought it....

Wait, let me get this straight; instead of fixing the item you'd just refund EVERYONE who bought the item? My god, this is sort of logic that ruins companies so please never start a business. "Honey the light isn't working in the bedroom." "Oh, we might as well sell the house rather than turn off the electricity in that room and replace the light bulb."

what a responsible manager would do is turn off the Switch that lets people buy that one stupid item, and get your support flunkies to refund the money for anyone who already bought it....

Wait, let me get this straight; instead of fixing the item you'd just refund EVERYONE who bought the item? My god, this is sort of logic that ruins companies so please never start a business. "Honey the light isn't working in the bedroom." "Oh, we might as well sell the house rather than turn off the electricity in that room and replace the light bulb."

Posted (edited)

I really don't understand that hate from OP. I agree on lost player time we should get something in return, but we really don't have any rights of what so ever. We have our full rights to complain and go all the way for the pearls you have bought, but that's a personal thing really.

Secondly, I find it fair that the OP post in here about his opinion, but please stop make everyone else look like jerks and stop believe in that you know everything, because you don't.

Nothing in this forum is going to be personal for me....never. So chill a bit okay.

The answer always 42. Give that to Kakao to fix the servers.

Edited by Amirite
double error text or something....?!?!?

Posted

Lol at all the Starbucks Baristas complaining about how this company makes a profit. 

That being said the shit tier servers are unacceptable. We have a paid a ton of money to this game and I respect their need to turn a profit in order to make it worth it and continue to provide new content but the lag issues needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Lol at all the Starbucks Baristas complaining about how this company makes a profit. 

That being said the shit tier servers are unacceptable. We have a paid a ton of money to this game and I respect their need to turn a profit in order to make it worth it and continue to provide new content but the lag issues needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

2 people like this

Posted

what a responsible manager would do is turn off the Switch that lets people buy that one stupid item, and get your support flunkies to refund the money for anyone who already bought it....then the next time maint is scheduled you patch it like a normal patient levelheaded company would do so as not to invite a P.R. disaster that signals to all your most invested players that the only thing in your entire universe you care about is your dumb CashShop.     You don't just (((SHUT IT DOWN))) and ruin everyone else's plans.

Well, considering the item had disappeared from the store as well, they wouldn't need to have don that.

What a responsible manager would do is:

1. Asses the problem (probably one line of code or two that hides the item instead of showing it)

2. Evaluate how much work it is to fix the problem (if assessment above is correct, not much)

3. Evaluate how much disruption it would cause to fix the problem immediately and how much goodwill it would generate from the people affected.

4. Fix the problem accordingly.

If everything that's wrong with the game was as easy to fix as this one, I'm sure it would have been fixed by now.

what a responsible manager would do is turn off the Switch that lets people buy that one stupid item, and get your support flunkies to refund the money for anyone who already bought it....then the next time maint is scheduled you patch it like a normal patient levelheaded company would do so as not to invite a P.R. disaster that signals to all your most invested players that the only thing in your entire universe you care about is your dumb CashShop.     You don't just (((SHUT IT DOWN))) and ruin everyone else's plans.

Well, considering the item had disappeared from the store as well, they wouldn't need to have don that.

What a responsible manager would do is:

1. Asses the problem (probably one line of code or two that hides the item instead of showing it)

2. Evaluate how much work it is to fix the problem (if assessment above is correct, not much)

3. Evaluate how much disruption it would cause to fix the problem immediately and how much goodwill it would generate from the people affected.

4. Fix the problem accordingly.

If everything that's wrong with the game was as easy to fix as this one, I'm sure it would have been fixed by now.

Posted

I think it's important to add "and how much bad will it would create from the people who didn't but have something at stake by running a maintenance during business hours" as well.

How many of those horse costumes were actually sold vs how many people who're going to lose a day of afk progress (which is sadly a significant thing in BDO)? From the perspective of someone who hasn't bought said costume, that particular perspective doesn't appear to be a thing.

I think it's important to add "and how much bad will it would create from the people who didn't but have something at stake by running a maintenance during business hours" as well.

How many of those horse costumes were actually sold vs how many people who're going to lose a day of afk progress (which is sadly a significant thing in BDO)? From the perspective of someone who hasn't bought said costume, that particular perspective doesn't appear to be a thing.

Posted

I'm glad to work for a video game compagny because i can understand why a little pearl shop item can be extremly problematic for the whole game. 

*watch people crying with a big smile*

I'm glad to work for a video game compagny because i can understand why a little pearl shop item can be extremly problematic for the whole game. 

*watch people crying with a big smile*

Posted

Play? -.- .... you call letting my character do something AFK, so rest of the game which requires to be online, will do stuff for me?

Let me guess, you didn't know your workers don't do s**t while you are not logged-in right? Figures!

and ... just to let you know ... this 8-9.30 thing you said is in reality basically 2 days many of us can't do ANYTHING as we couldn't set it up at mornign and go to work ... guess those things my workers are crafting will be ready in some next two days, time to play something else meanwhile, yeah! :Dlse meanwhile, yeah! :D

then not play, idc.... even crazier then.

it must be really hard for you. sad story.

then not play, idc.... even crazier then.

it must be really hard for you. sad story.

Posted (edited)

It's always been like that for this game, quantity over quality, why fix a number of game bugs and create a more stable and enjoyable environment when you can just make sure the cash shop is full of items to buy and hope your consumers are shortsighted enough to give in? 

It would be lovely if this game was handled with actual care, but it isn't and likely never will be, it'll get the touch ups it needs to keep generating revenue, but otherwise there isn't going to be people going the extra mile, or even really the initial expected mile, if they don't feel it is fully necessary. 

Edit : And the irony of this responses happening while the forums are bugging out, yet again, as they have since launch, because our staff truly can't be bothered to do anything but the barest of minimums 

Edited by Montblank
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm guessing you are EU?

Because for me it seems to have been at around 1-2am?  And yes, I did lose several hours of afk riding.

And no, I did not buy the costume.

I did see them all over the place though. I think 95% of breeders at least wanted one.

And considering a lot of people buy horse costumes because of the "higher chance of learning a skill", not having it negatively affects their game play.

I'm guessing you are EU?

Because for me it seems to have been at around 1-2am?  And yes, I did lose several hours of afk riding.

I did see them all over the place though. I think 95% of breeders at least wanted one.

And considering a lot of people buy horse costumes because of the "higher chance of learning a skill", not having it negatively affects their game play.

Posted (edited)

Ok let me see if I understand i correctly ...

Most ppl can't set up their AFK setup simply due to you taking random maintenance during 8:00-9:30 CEST today, ... to perform "Hotfix for Anemos Horse Gear Set issue"

I have spent hundreds of Euro on this game too purchasing weight boosters, inventory slots, VPs, etc.

Can I now ask you to fix the freaking REAL issues?

- server being trash from Bangladesh or something Haven't seen something this bad since .... oh wait, never saw anything so bad persist so long.

- Disconnected cancer. Already lost 30+ members in guild ... permanently .... since they can't either play at all or get DC after 10-20 minutes.

(Just saying you are loosing customers who are willing to pay cash as they play ... great strategy and marketing right there, I hope BDO dies as MMORPG within a year ;))

- Optimization of this game is on level I never really saw before lol

(Please fix buttons in settigns and stuff pls. Also for some reason I get stable 30-35 FPS in Heidel on max details while I get 10-15 on lowest .... I think there is some serious issue fellas and no, you can't say "See. we let you play on better details isn't that great?!" ... no it isn't because that means this game is seriously broken in many ways)

- Items/skills/even game basic mechanics don't seem to work or rather are nearly impresively broken

And last remark: .... Time to go to work, glad I was able to do literary nothing in BDO today. Same as y-day as well due to 7 hours o maintenance to get it more broken right?

So despite game being repetitive trash now as it seems due to all the other problems like incredible amount of RNG being slipped everywhere ... I can't even let my production empire make money for me as I process that huge sum of mats in warehouse. Thank you PA and Kakao for being so good at managing the game, next time I'll go for Pac-Man 2017 or something.

PS: I miss the BDO from April 2016, good old system that made sence and with hard effort you could slowly try to reach the top of the food-chain ... and yes, I still didn't get over spending so many Energy Points on cooking so it would be made into "no EP consumption" and my attempt to be one of few masters would be beaten by random dudes making zillion pcs of beer every day ... f--k you with capital F and you know who I mean ;)

People who paid real money for an outfit got their outfit removed. The fact that it's a horse costume is what's pissing you off. If it were, perhaps, a scantily clad outfit that you oh so loved to wear, you'd be up in arms demanding for an immediate fix, especially since you spent your hard earned money on it. The fact of the matter is that people paid real money for this item, and the item was completely removed from the game. No one could buy it, no one could post it on the market place, and it was removed from every inventory and every horse from those who already owned it. 

Besides it's literally the best horse costume out there. Well, prettiest that is, in my opinion. I'm sure others might prefer the more armor style costumes. The other issues you are wanting fixed are things that the PUBLISHER CAN NOT FIX. By publisher I mean the ones who announced this short maintenance. They can ask the developers to fix it, but it's completely down to the developers. Now, putting the costume BACK in the game when it was in the game before is something they can do. Something that wouldn't take the developers a long time to put together.

As for the issues you're having accessing the game....heh...dude, set up remote access. At work on your computer or at home, access your computer after maintenance is over and set up your afk activity that you're so desperate for, and then just leave it going while you're at work. I've literally NEVER had an issue starting up afk after maintenance because of this. All it takes is a minute of not being watched at work and boom.  Afk set up and I check in every so often to make sure I didn't dc. There are solutions out there. The only thing we can't really solve is the optimization of the game. Sadly, that's something you'll want to contact PEARL ABYSS about. Not Kakao. Leave the GM/CMs out of this because putting together fixes for optimization IS NOT THEIR JOB. Their job is to poke and prod Pearl Abyss to try and get the fixes we want. Sadly, Pearl Abyss' priority will go to the Korean version of the game. Be patient. Set up afk and PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME like all the other normal people out there. BDO doesn't have to be the only game you play, and it shouldn't. Otherwise you'll get bored. Just like those members that dropped from your guild.

Edited by LadyRhapsody

Posted

I'm guessing you are EU?

Yeah, EU, wasn't overly fussed about todays maintenance being at home, but I get why people are upset about it. Maintenance started at 8 in the morning for EU (CEST) which screwed a lot of people out of a work day of afking. It always does though, but today was an extra on top.

I'm guessing you are EU?

Yeah, EU, wasn't overly fussed about todays maintenance being at home, but I get why people are upset about it. Maintenance started at 8 in the morning for EU (CEST) which screwed a lot of people out of a work day of afking. It always does though, but today was an extra on top.

Posted (edited)

You're gonna have people crying no matter what you do at this point. 

Emergency maintenance? How dare you inconvenience everyone else?!

Push it back until next week? How dare you ignore our problem when we paid for these things! 

I'm betting this has to do with money. People could chargeback money for their horse costume and actually get it back if the complaint is that they didn't get the thing they paid for. 

It's annoying but I get it. 

Edited by Cardiel
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You're gonna have people crying no matter what you do at this point. 

Emergency maintenance? How dare you inconvenience everyone else?!

Push it back until next week? How dare you ignore our problem when we paid for these things! 

I'm betting this has to do with money. People could chargeback money for their horse costume and actually get it back if the complaint is that they didn't get the thing they paid for. 

It's annoying but I get it. 

I really think the forum is a echo chamber of the same 10 people creating and rehashing complaint threads,I wonder if they offered 500% free exp if the first replies would be.

"During the week? Fail kakao i have school bleh bleh "
"Stop giving them handouts i'm tired of this"
"OH you can give everyone something beneficial but you cant fix valk shield?"
"Oh so your telling me you can pusha  button and give us free exp but you can't fix the hardest issue in the game to fix instantly like pvp?"

indulged a bit. just trying to "fit in" with the over exaggeration community. Can someone point me toward the local salt fountain everyone is drinking from?
Sodium levels diminished.

Edited by Freeway
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Data broking time, shh, you didn't heard it from me:

PAD01148.PAZ {
	Unknown (first time examined)
}
PAD03522.PAZ {
	siegemap.bmp.rid			Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	Unknown (encoded file)
}
PAD03774.PAZ {
	languagedata_de.txt			Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-41069,7 +41069,7
}
PAD05388.PAZ {
	languagedata_en.txt			Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-42662,6 +42662,17
	translationdata_de.txt		Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-1,4 +1,7
}
PAD05389.PAZ {
	languagedata_fr.txt			Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-1,329805	+1,329847
	translationdata_en.txt		Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-1,9		+1,4
}
PAD05390.PAZ {
	exportoriginalstring_kr.txt	Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-65386,6 +65386,9
	translationdata_fr.txt		Wed Apr 26		Thu Apr 27	:	-17,7 +17,6
}
Edited by Le_Flemard

Posted

I really think the forum is a echo chamber of the same 10 people creating and rehashing complaint threads,I wonder if they offered 500% free exp if the first replies would be.
"Oh so your telling me you can pusha  button and give us free exp but you can't fix the hardest issue in the game to fix instantly like pvp?"

indulged a bit. just trying to "fit in" with the over exaggeration community. Can someone point me toward the local salt fountain everyone is drinking from?

Accurate. 

Accurate. 

Posted (edited)

The stupid thing is, even if it is disconnected, it still cost so much CPU power.

Lost so mcuh money due to not fishing. Don't they have some compensation?

Edited by Yeech

Posted

The stupid thing is, even if it is disconnected, it still cost so much CPU power.

And lord forbid you left it in tray, then your GPU has been running at 100% for a day ;)

And lord forbid you left it in tray, then your GPU has been running at 100% for a day ;)

Posted

Really?

You REALLY think it makes people *HAPPY* to buy costumes to sell to feel remotely competitive? And that's excluding the droves of people who literally quit over this, and those of us who were stupid enough to stay but shut our wallets cause ----- paying for this scummy ass business practice.

I don't feel that way at all. And no one else should either. 150m is chump change and if you're bordering on "competitve" you'd know that

Really?

You REALLY think it makes people *HAPPY* to buy costumes to sell to feel remotely competitive? And that's excluding the droves of people who literally quit over this, and those of us who were stupid enough to stay but shut our wallets cause ----- paying for this scummy ass business practice.

I don't feel that way at all. And no one else should either. 150m is chump change and if you're bordering on "competitve" you'd know that

Really?