• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sailing is totally ridiculous

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Whomever came up with most idiotic sailing mechanic's ever seen

1 only get sailing xp in the Megoria sea

2 taking 40 min 1 way between mainland and Magoria

3 cannot trade directly to trade manager on the wharf at Magoria making it nessesary to jump in water

swim very slowly carrying all 25 trade goods because have to bargain for each trade 

4 the weight of the Higher tier trade goods is I cant think of a word or a reason for it unless its a to make trading even more impossible 

Now maybe there are some good reasons for all this but my mind cannot comprehend any I may be just dumb

:D

Edited by Lauryx
spelling

Posted

1. If you could earn sailing EXP anywhere people would just AFK in circles anywhere in the sea and safely level it to the max.

Can't tell much about the other questions, I'm not a fan of BDO's sea content, it feels very simple. They could learn a thing or two from Archeage. 

1 person likes this

Posted

it's about sailing the high seas, simple as that. not circling in safe areas.

intended, and very good. it makes the world huge. what ocean would it be if you could swim through it in 1 minute?

3 cannot trade directly to trade manager on the wharf at Magoria making it nessesary to jump in water

swim very slowly carrying all 25 trade goods because have to bargain for each trade 

just practise more. you can roll with trade goods. it's very easy to load and unload the ship, if that's a challenge already for you...?

4 the weight of the Higher tier trade goods is I cant think of a word or a reason for it unless its a to make trading even more impossible 

Now maybe there are some good reasons for all this but my mind cannot comprehend any I may be just dumb

The reasons are the same as for magnate debuff. With the extremely high profit that you can make of those goods, it had to be limited.

If you really don't understand, why it's not a good idea to let you buy 1000 items that give 5 million profit each... yes you may be just dumb then. But I bet you understand it that they don't want to let players make a billion per day with a little sailing.

it's about sailing the high seas, simple as that. not circling in safe areas.

intended, and very good. it makes the world huge. what ocean would it be if you could swim through it in 1 minute?

just practise more. you can roll with trade goods. it's very easy to load and unload the ship, if that's a challenge already for you...?

The reasons are the same as for magnate debuff. With the extremely high profit that you can make of those goods, it had to be limited.

If you really don't understand, why it's not a good idea to let you buy 1000 items that give 5 million profit each... yes you may be just dumb then. But I bet you understand it that they don't want to let players make a billion per day with a little sailing.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. If you could earn sailing EXP anywhere people would just AFK in circles anywhere in the sea and safely level it to the max.

Can't tell much about the other questions, I'm not a fan of BDO's sea content, it feels very simple. They could learn a thing or two from Archeage. 

No, they wouldn't. You dont get really get anything from sailing and reaching the rank you need for the faster cannon reload probably requires you to sail for 50years nonstop. People would also kill you afk outside of safezones with their cannons because it's fun.

No, they wouldn't. You dont get really get anything from sailing and reaching the rank you need for the faster cannon reload probably requires you to sail for 50years nonstop. People would also kill you afk outside of safezones with their cannons because it's fun.

Posted (edited)

People would do it, hell I would too.. It doesn't matter how long it takes if I can do it afk, someone kills me from time to time? so what? I didn't stop grinding because I got killed for a spot. Also people wouldn't do it in front of velia anyway, there are many channels and the sea is huge. Also you do get something from sailing: access to higher level skills (like shit sprint) so why not doing it? Traderuns from Margoria could be done much faster and master 10 trades can make a lot of money out of this.

Edited by Zubi

Posted

People would do it, hell I would too.. It doesn't matter how long it takes if I can do it afk, someone kills me from time to time? so what? I didn't stop grinding because I got killed for a spot. Also people wouldn't do it in front of velia anyway, there are many channels and the sea is huge. Also you do get something from sailing: access to higher level skills (like shit sprint) so why not doing it? Traderuns from Margoria could be done much faster and master 10 trades can make a lot of money out of this.

It does matter how long it takes, since simply riding your boat afk doesn't get you any passive income. And unless you reach the level for the speedskill and then save some minutes when actively trading you don't really get anything by having a higher sailing level. But you will prob need to trade a decent amount of time to get the loss of passive income back.

As far as I'm aware the exp you get sailing is really really low. So I'm not sure how many hours you actually would need to put into afk sailing to get the sprint. Also you can't AFK with your big ship as this thing will be without "stamina" in no time and afk sailing is again slower, which is even less exp. Then you also have to invest millions in the boats as they will hit 0 dura. Additionally just setting your boat up for this afk run away from velia or other cities to avoid afk-pk will take a fair amount of time.

Im also rather sure the percentage of the playerbase actually doing trading to margoria is really small. As you are too far from anything once you set sail and you need a fair amount of time simply going in one and the same direction which is insanely tedious and boring.

It does matter how long it takes, since simply riding your boat afk doesn't get you any passive income. And unless you reach the level for the speedskill and then save some minutes when actively trading you don't really get anything by having a higher sailing level. But you will prob need to trade a decent amount of time to get the loss of passive income back.

As far as I'm aware the exp you get sailing is really really low. So I'm not sure how many hours you actually would need to put into afk sailing to get the sprint. Also you can't AFK with your big ship as this thing will be without "stamina" in no time and afk sailing is again slower, which is even less exp. Then you also have to invest millions in the boats as they will hit 0 dura. Additionally just setting your boat up for this afk run away from velia or other cities to avoid afk-pk will take a fair amount of time.

Im also rather sure the percentage of the playerbase actually doing trading to margoria is really small. As you are too far from anything once you set sail and you need a fair amount of time simply going in one and the same direction which is insanely tedious and boring.

Posted

They're still 10 million times better than Trion tho. In every way.

1 person likes this

Posted

They're still 10 million times better than Trion tho. In every way.

Yea that's why I didn't mention TRION, they published the game didn't make it. Sea content in AA is a thousand times better, same with the trade skill.

Posted (edited)

1. Ofc you get only it at margoria but here is news flash. Enable screensaver and put autorun on with T and wait till you go screen saver mode. Now your boat goes full circle. Also there is daily at port ratt that gives you sailing XP

2. Not true. You can do the trip less than 30mins. Probably in 20mins with proper set up.

3. Another one that you're failing so hard. Get your boat really close to dock and jump off from your boat to dock and open boats invetory and pick up trade goods. No reason to get them when you're at boat.

4. Trading is not impossible. You're supposed to combine it with mini elephant. Trading itself is very profitable. been seeing certain ppl doing 30m per trip with imperial delivery. Literally when running multiple characters on multiple channels can get you 100-200m with very little effort

What i see is player who has no proper understanding how to do something and -----ing how it doesn't work. Seriously why are you doing trading without learning how to do it properly?

Edited by Hypotermia

Posted

ppl complaining about heavy trade items... the more they're worth, the more they'll weigh, easy as that. Also, Magoria introduced a belt JUST for LT/weight increase. If you wanna get them magoria goods, time to get crafting :P http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12329/ try to + that. It's 100 LT increase per +

Posted

ppl complaining about heavy trade items... the more they're worth, the more they'll weigh, easy as that. Also, Magoria introduced a belt JUST for LT/weight increase. If you wanna get them magoria goods, time to get crafting :P http://bddatabase.net/us/item/12329/ try to + that. It's 100 LT increase per +

Not required to do anything even if trading items that are heavy.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0