• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

server Sick and Tired of being sick and tired

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm just about at my wits end with BDO, its practices, and priorities

Current priorities

1. Cash shop
  2. Cash shop
  3. Did i mention cash shop
  4. ETC (random detachable UI,  Text fixes, Maybe a bug(is it a cash shop item?), Class balance (kek))
  5. Server Stability

What priorities should be 

1. Server Stability
  2. Class Balance
  3. Bug Fixes
  4. Content
  5. Cash Shop

do you see the problem there? As a person who has spent hundreds of dollars on BDO I'm really trying to figure out where my money is going because its sure not back into the game. I have read pages on pages of forum post about server instability, how you cant go on odd number channels because of reverse proxy, or tin foil about opening your map to fix fps issues. I have not seen one response from Kakao/Pearl Abyss, it's as if they are blind (Or Don't care - I'm leaning towards this). Yet you move the heavens and earth to fix Amenos horse gear and other things that really don't matter in the long run. No disrespect to the people who paid for that horse gear but the servers are way more important than a damn horse set. I think u'll will live without your flower power horse.

this is just poor business practice.  There is an utter disregard for player base(repeat offender - poor transparency), pure greed(Cash Shop), and a lack of urgency. I would very much like for the community to band together and hit y'all where it hurts i.e. the pocket book. which entails a strike on buying all cash shop items until we get word on fixes in a reasonable amount of time. and No I don't want any other compensation band aids like GM blessing or Black stone box(GM box) or any other hold this pacifier event. I want real changes and I think everyone deserve to play a game that if nothing else is stable enough to play.  software is a whole other topic. *cough* Desync / Netcode.

and before any says anything about cash shop. No i am not opposed to it, as I know it's how the game thrives and continue to provide content and "servers"(potatoes). what i am against is every week getting useless up dates like this. When we cant even play stable enough to do anything but stand still and afk activities in a town.(cross you fingers training horses)

l2ieQIS.gif

EnchantedSorrow

Long story short you need to check in with the player base and give us some real time frame on fixes if there are any in the works. There needs to be a immediate redirection of resources and no more filler updates that don't matter (see above). because if you don't there will be a mass exodus of players the first sign of anything new worth playing and me and some of my friends are already getting frustrated enough that the progression we have gotten thus far don't even matter anymore as we are just tired of the head ache. so unless you want to be the next Blessed RU ( >_>), then do something other than 

S8rKEYk.gif

15 people like this

Posted (edited)

fully agree with that title!

did not read the whole post though.

Edited by Escapism
1 person likes this

Posted

Current priorities

1. Cash shop
  2. Cash shop
  4. ETC (random detachable UI,  Text fixes, Maybe a bug(is it a cash shop item?), Class balance (kek))
  5. Server Stability

1. Server Stability
  2. Class Balance
  3. Bug Fixes
  4. Content
  5. Cash Shop

I'd like fixed storyline we already have, before anything you mentioned... Then they have time to address your things, while i am busy re-playing it... :D

Current priorities

1. Cash shop
  2. Cash shop
  5. Server Stability

1. Server Stability
  2. Class Balance
  3. Bug Fixes
  4. Content
  5. Cash Shop

I'd like fixed storyline we already have, before anything you mentioned... Then they have time to address your things, while i am busy re-playing it... :D

Current priorities

1. Cash shop
  2. Cash shop
  5. Server Stability

1. Server Stability
  2. Class Balance
  3. Bug Fixes
  4. Content
  5. Cash Shop

Posted (edited)

Spend hundreds of dollars, thats your own doing lol. Seems you are little mad cause you spended moneys on a game instead of game rig/ISP.

i like kakao and pearl abyss and what they do. But then again i dont expect a 100% non issue game suddenly.

Edited by scRzorz

Posted

That's a bold statement.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Spend hundreds of dollars, thats your own doing lol. Seems you are little mad cause you spended moneys on a game instead of game rig/ISP.

i like kakao and pearl abyss and what they do. But then again i dont expect a 100% non issue game suddenly.

I have plenty of money, a 6500$ computer, and 150Up 150Down

None of that is an issue. The issue is sub par services for a premium price and people like you who act as if nothing is wrong. 

Edited by Zangrieff
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have plenty of money, a 6500$ computer, and 150Up 150Down

None of that is an issue. The issue is sub par services for a premium price and people like you who act as if nothing is wrong. 

No its not like that at all, you just obviously want what no game will ever give. But congrats on a 6500$ computer must be a super computer or something. You sure NASA aint missing it ?

Edited by scRzorz

Posted (edited)

No its not like that at all, you just obviously want what no game will ever give. But congrats on a 6500$ computer must be a super computer or something. You sure NASA aint missing it ?

A super PC is alienware we already know that. A real SPC is the size of a small apartment room and its just a giant processor with a tad bit of CPU :3 The things nasa use couldnt even run Super Mario.

Edited by Virukin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No its not like that at all, you just obviously want what no game will ever give. 

What I want is a game with working servers and not to be treated as if I'm stupid. I'm not asking for a miracle. What I am asking for is with a year of being release and a player base that's literally pouring money into their accounts to adequately support the game in areas that are absolutely critical to game/community function. this game has gotten more money from the average player then some games do in 3-5 years of operations, yet we are miles behind them as far as stability goes.

Since when was it too much to ask of a developer to stabilize/upgrade the servers? since when was it too much to expects a working product?

i think you're missing the point. My problem is mainly the miss-usage of these resources that we are constantly giving while they pump out shit that really don't matter. the Key to success is stabilize then update, not try to bombard us with random none sense updates in hopes that we shut up and accept that we lucky they giving us anything.

But congrats on a 6500$ computer must be a super computer or something. You sure NASA aint missing it?

also if you wanted to know my computer ain't nothing special just two 1080's, a cpu, huge PSU and a bunch of random peripheral that i decided i wanted, but probably didn't need.

Edited by Zangrieff

Posted (edited)

Of course we are mad. When we see so many dumb asses like you defending kakao with their blatant jacked up cash shop prices. Nothing in the cash shop is worth it's value, people argue that they need to sustain their game but the value of the cash shop items is clearly not worth when they're making us pay 34US~ for a costume, 11US~ for a pet just insane greed but it's working because they just ignore whatever amount of people complaining about it. 

With all this money and how well of they're doing at the moment with new server regions popping everywhere (TW and maybe SEA soon) it's pretty unacceptable that they can't even respond to something that the forum is in uproar about for months let alone fixing the problem.

Edited by Shadowfibby
FORUM DESYNC
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Did it occur to someone that the short maintenance + patch was there only because it was possible to fix quickly on their side without waiting for PA?

If a politician drops a glass of water and immediately sponges the water, do you yell at him for prioritizing petty matter over fixing the economy and finding jobs to everybody?

The list of supposed priorities are all messed up. It's a mix between NA/EU publisher work, main publisher marketing decision, developper design decisions and different branches of developper production. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you don't want to be sick and tired, take long breaths and don't spend too much time ruminating problems.

Edited by zhagsten

Posted

All i could think from reading this title was ozzy Osborne \w/

All i could think from reading this title was ozzy Osborne \w/

Posted (edited)

Of course we are mad. When we see so many dumb asses like you defending kakao with their blatant jacked up cash shop prices. Nothing in the cash shop is worth it's value, people argue that they need to sustain their game but the value of the cash shop items is clearly not worth when they're making us pay 34US~ for a costume, 11US~ for a pet just insane greed but it's working because they just ignore whatever amount of people complaining about it. 

With all this money and how well of they're doing at the moment with new server regions popping everywhere (TW and maybe SEA soon) it's pretty unacceptable that they can't even respond to something that the forum is in uproar about for months let alone fixing the problem.

Dumb ass ? because i am actually realistic ?, get your head out of your ass and stop being ignorant. Things take time, if you want a 100% working game or a game without a cash shop go play hide and seek outside. No one tells you to buy stuff in the cash shop, if you do and people like you start thinking that you deserve a better game because you invest IRL money for items then who is a dumb ass here ?

Edited by scRzorz

Posted

Let's not be mad, I do offer free hugs :D

Let's not be mad, I do offer free hugs :D

Posted (edited)

Dumb ass ? because i am actually realistic ?, get your head out of your ass and stop being ignorant. Things take time, if you want a 100% working game or a game without a cash shop go play hide and seek outside. No one tells you to buy stuff in the cash shop, if you do and people like you start thinking that you deserve a better game because you invest IRL money for items then who is a dumb ass here ?

So you sit there and accept that companies can just jack up their prices to whatever they want and not complain? Be as realistic as much as you want then, others can call kakao out for what is true- immense greed.

Of course if I pay money I will argue if I get a faulty product, you're the dumb ass for sitting there and taking it, just accepting as the servers go more and more to shit but hey, things take time amirite?

Edited by Shadowfibby

Posted (edited)

So you sit there and accept that companies can just jack up their prices to whatever they want and not complain? Be as realistic as much as you want then, others can call kakao out for what is true- immense greed.

Of course if I pay money I will argue if I get a faulty product, you're the dumb ass for sitting there and taking it, just accepting as the servers go more and more to shit but hey, things take time amirite?

You can not expect a solution very fast sometimes, thats the way it works and either you can accept it or be silly and keep on whining. I have no problem playing the game atm on my cheap 650$ computer. 

They did try to fix anemos fast but looks like it did not succeed but at least they try.

Edited by scRzorz

Posted

Long story short you need to check in with the player base

This is something I've never understood about these copy paste whiners, why do they always assume that they either represent the player-base of the majority? Just ebcause thewy don't listen to YOU or don't do what YOU want, doesn't mean they're not listening. 

Long story short you need to check in with the player base

This is something I've never understood about these copy paste whiners, why do they always assume that they either represent the player-base of the majority? Just ebcause thewy don't listen to YOU or don't do what YOU want, doesn't mean they're not listening. 

Posted

Forums going crazy again huh?!

Forums going crazy again huh?!

Posted

You can not expect a solution very fast sometimes, thats the way it works and either you can accept it or be silly and keep on whining. I have no problem playing the game atm on my cheap 650$ computer. 

They did try to fix anemos fast but looks like it did not succeed but at least they try.

I'm not expecting it to be solved quickly. But if you have been around for a fraction of how long most of us have then you will know that server instability has been here for more than a little while and solution has not been given at all let alone any official announcement or response which is why people have been complaining (not 'whining' as you put it, there's a difference).

Also server instability does not affect your performance no matter how cheap your computer is idk what you're talking about lol and I think neither do you.

I'm not expecting it to be solved quickly. But if you have been around for a fraction of how long most of us have then you will know that server instability has been here for more than a little while and solution has not been given at all let alone any official announcement or response which is why people have been complaining (not 'whining' as you put it, there's a difference).

Also server instability does not affect your performance no matter how cheap your computer is idk what you're talking about lol and I think neither do you.

Posted (edited)

Totally agree. But we've seen stuff like this in the past, remember this? http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106626-collective-attempt-at-preventing-p2w-in-bdo/ 

It was by far the biggest protest I ever saw in an online gaming community, but they just completly ignored it..

In the end they don't care about the players feedback, they just care about money. This is not a competetive game either where the company loses X amount of money if the servers dont provide fluid gameplay, its a company that lives because of carebears, those wo dont care about server performance at all, that spend thousands on costumes.. sadly

Edited by Xe0
2 people like this

Posted

Did you seriously just tell a paying customer to stop paying and spend on other services that wont make his experience with the product any better to .. make his experience with the product better?

The servers have issues. Stop trying to defend this bullshit. We get it, you're in the honeymoon period and probably even still on Olvia which actually *DO* work. The other channels do not.

Did you seriously just tell a paying customer to stop paying and spend on other services that wont make his experience with the product any better to .. make his experience with the product better?

The servers have issues. Stop trying to defend this bullshit. We get it, you're in the honeymoon period and probably even still on Olvia which actually *DO* work. The other channels do not.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Actually no im actually a very long term player, and im not saying that their are not issues with the server just with people that can not handle their pixel emotions.

You might be right there :)  

Edited by scRzorz

Posted

Actually no im actually a very long term player, and im not saying that their are not issues with the server just with people that can not handle their pixel emotions.

9_9

So this is just yet another person who thinks they can see what people are thinking and feeling by the text written on a forum?

Gotcha.

9_9

So this is just yet another person who thinks they can see what people are thinking and feeling by the text written on a forum?

Gotcha.

Posted

So there are problems with the server that haven't been fixed in a long time but you are still kakao's dog on the forums? Ok.

So there are problems with the server that haven't been fixed in a long time but you are still kakao's dog on the forums? Ok.

Posted (edited)

let alone any official announcement or response which is why people have been complaining

There's nobody more deaf than who doesn't want to hear.

What issue have they not answered?

Server stability: Kakao answered that they know, are working on it, trying solutions, checking if it's better, then continuing as it's not satisfaying.

Class balance: very vague complaint of course, so it's a easy title to gather people who actually disagree. But let's see the main complaint. Wiz/DK OP: PA said they're going to boost other classes to bring them on par with them. DR/DP's effectiveness: they are trying successive boost of DR. CC: they are currently testing CC changes.

Bug fixes: again a very large topic to bring anyone who has a tiny bug in mind. But concerning the most vocal one of the moment (Valk shield): Kakao said they sent the feedback to PA and are waiting for the return.

Content: free content keeps coming patch after patch. I guess you would feel more is added if there was nothing for a year and then a big paying update. However a lot has been added on a constant flow to the game. Content that takes time and money to make, so why don't you acknowledge what you get instead of repeating "blabla when" like an edgy kid?

Cash shop: like it or not, there's no sub and updates are free, so they have to give you something to spend on, regularly in order to avoid quiet periods.

Edited by zhagsten
2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0