• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Traduccion Español//Spanish Translate

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Español
Hola, queria saber por que no podemos traducir el juego despues del ultimo mantenimiento? Somos un grupo de jugadores españoles que trabajamos en una traduccion no oficial al español, para poder jugar a gusto este gran juego.
Pero ahora nos da bronca perder tanto tiempo de trabajo para que de un dia al otro no lo podamos usar mas. 
Agradeceria si algun CM nos puede responder. Gracias.

English.

Hello, I wanted to know why we can not translate the game after the last maintenance? We are a group of Spanish players who work in an unofficial translation into Spanish, to be able to play at ease this great game.
But now we are afraid to lose so much work time so that from one day to the next we can not use it anymore.
Would appreciate if any CM can respond. Thanks and excuse the English, I use google translate.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Español

Yo me hago la misma pregunta.

Soy uno de los responsables que está detrás de la última traducción que se ha intentado llevar a cabo y me da mucha rabia que nos impidan jugar al juego en nuestro idioma natal: español de España. Es un trabajo que deberían llevar a cabo los desarrolladores de Black Desert, no nosotros, pero... ¡oye, hacemos un trabajo gratis del que ellos se benefician porque abre las puertas de su juego a un mercado más amplio! Y nos lo agradecen, impidiendo que podamos seguir haciéndolo. ¿A quién hacemos daño?

Además, la traducción se estaba realizando sin ánimo de lucro, con un aspecto profesional y ofreciendo soporte a todo el que lo ha necesitado. Repito mi pregunta anterior: ¿a quién hacemos daño?

English

I ask myself the same question.

I am one of the responsible people behind the last translation that has been attempted and I am annoyed that we are prevented from playing the game in our native language: Spanish from Spain. It's a job that Black Desert developers should do, not us, but ... Hey, we do a free job that they benefit from because it opens the doors of their game to a bigger market! And they thank us, preventing us from continuing to do so. Do we hurt anyone?

In addition, the translation was being made non-profit, with a professional appearance and offering support to anyone who has needed it. I repeat my previous question: Do we hurt someone?

Edited by Eklypse
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This sounds like a common issue I've seen it happen in every game I've played so far, every translation gets screwed after a patch, just contact support and ask them about this issue developers often allow translations since like you said it helps people who don't know english traspass this language barrier and get into the game.

That being said, may I have a link to your website? I am spanish and I know some people who could use this translation (when it works again).

Edited by Zubi
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This sounds like a common issue I've seen it happen in every game I've played so far, every translation gets screwed after a patch, just contact support and ask them about this issue developers often allow translations since like you said it helps people who don't know english traspass this language barrier and get into the game.

That being said, may I have a link to your website? I am spanish and I know some people who could use this translation (when it works again).

Of course, here you can take a look at our web.

Edited by Eklypse
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

ESPAÑOL

Desde la comunidad de BlackDesertSP solicitamos que nos dejen traducir el juego, con esto no pretendemos lucrarnos, simplemente pretendemos que personas que tienen poco nivel de inglés como yo, podamos disfrutar del juego al máximo.

Saludos!

ENGLISH

From the BlackDesertSP community we ask that you let us translate the game, with this we do not pretend to profit, we simply pretend that people who have low level of English like me, we can enjoy the game to the maximum.

Regards!

Edited by oredroc

Posted (edited)

Español
Hola, queria saber por que no podemos traducir el juego despues del ultimo mantenimiento? Somos un grupo de jugadores españoles que trabajamos en una traduccion no oficial al español, para poder jugar a gusto este gran juego.
Pero ahora nos da bronca perder tanto tiempo de trabajo para que de un dia al otro no lo podamos usar mas. 

English.

Hello, I wanted to know why we can not translate the game after the last maintenance? We are a group of Spanish players who work in an unofficial translation into Spanish, to be able to play at ease this great game.
But now we are afraid to lose so much work time so that from one day to the next we can not use it anymore.
Would appreciate if any CM can respond. Thanks and excuse the English, I use google translate.

kakao deported you all back to latino black desert

https://blackdesert.playredfox.com/black_desert/choose_language

Edited by Xyler

Posted

RedFox will start SA server. This server and the game will use spanish and portuguese languages and  spanish/portuguese support.  But Publishers of different regions are not friends (?) :)

Posted

Yeah, we should all spanish and portuguese guys being starting from zero at South American servers, because, even the language being the same and not having localization issues, 8000 kilometers to the servers won't affect us when this game runs so smoothly without any sign of desync.

I didn't know your work guys @BlackDesertSP, but keep the good work on translations and hopefully kakao keeps letting you do the trasnlation work and therefore increasing the accessibility of the game to non-english speakers!

2 people like this

Posted

Learn English like the rest of the world, games and media subbing/translations other than English are a waste of time and resources.

1 person likes this

Posted

Español

English.

sorry to say this but any modiffication in game could result in ban.And good news someone already done this and there would be new server for spanish/portugase players for south america.Just copy files

Posted

sorry to say this but any modiffication in game could result in ban

Are you talking about ban? The disadvantaged were us who tried to play comfortable, because many of you, used the translation method as a mod for Guild Quest .. do not come to talk, it is clear what happened, and that was the reason ...

kakao deported you all back to latino black desert

If I live in Spain why do I have to play in the Latin server?

PS: apologies. Google translator

Posted

xq ai gnte tan pndeja
"aprende ingles como el
resto del mundo" bla bla bla...
q les den por kulo

Español

English.

y chicos traductores deberian
mejor encontrar una manera
de volver a traducirlo xq
stos publishers y los mismo
devs no les aran kaso, no
es raro k los vayan a ignorar

major olvidnce de venir al
foru, no tiene caso...
solo pierden tiempo estando
aki

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are working on a translation you'll want to make sure its easy to uninstall because every other patch is going to break it(and prevent you from playing at all).  That's how it was when I played the overseas versions and had an English patch.

You will need to make updates very regularly to keep it working.  They won't officially support your translation, so you need to adapt to each change as needed.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you are working on a translation you'll want to make sure its easy to uninstall because every other patch is going to break it(and prevent you from playing at all).  That's how it was when I played the overseas versions and had an English patch.

You will need to make updates very regularly to keep it working.  They won't officially support your translation, so you need to adapt to each change as needed.

Updating the patch is easy, the only thing we ask for is that we should continue to use the patch.

There are ways to keep using the translation, and easier still, but modifying the game, and that if it goes against ToS, but in the previous way, nobody touched anything of the game.
I hope Kakao will reconsider and allow us to continue using the patch, so that those who do not understand much English, we can play this game quietly.

PS: apologies, google translator.

Posted

I don't believe any companies have officially allowed these translations.  So I wouldn't expect them to say anything here.  They don't want people modifying the game, but tend to ignore this type of modification. However, they can't really say that because people then want to make other mods, so they need to stay quiet. Them staying quiet is the best you can get.

The English patches for JPN,  KR and  RU never ran into any issues with the company.  I don't expect you will either.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do we have to learn English ?? Why does society say it ??
Spanish has more than 400million native speakers, and English has 350+ million natives, but of course with more than 1000million that they had to learn English only because society says so ...

Close your mouth, and begin to fence United States.

Posted

maybe bcause the spanish is the 2nd lang most spoken in the earth and the rest you name are not even in the top 10 ?

Posted (edited)

maybe bcause the spanish is the 2nd lang most spoken in the earth and the rest you name are not even in the top 10 ?

3rd (mandarin, english, latino  :) )

Edited by Mikroman

Posted (edited)

China is a unique situation where even though the population is huge, its not easy doing business over there. And if you are not Chinese, its even worse, and you probably going to end up censoring stuff and all that.  Also with stuff like  MMO, you know they get their own version if it does go there.

Spanish doesn't always get translations because frankly it doesn't make enough money to justify the effort. (If it did, you would see more companies doing it more regularly, but they don't.)

Yes there is now going to be a LA version of the game coming out, but for  Daum  EU it didn't seem to make sense to also support Spanish.(for Spain)

Populations always come up when translation is brought up, but that's not really the main driver. It's largely about money.  

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

Why do we have to learn English ??

The question is: Why do you not want to learn English? Is it a matter of pride?

I'm not a native speaker of either English or Spanish. I had to learn English at school and I was also offered to learn Spanish, which I did. And I do not regret having learned either of the two languages (along with some more). It makes my life a lot easier, which I knew it would. I cannot only communicate with people from the respective countries but I can also consume their media without running into the problems that you apparently encounter. I mean, it's 2017 and not the colonial era anymore. Spain is a part of Europe and you sit here, need to use Google translate and ask why you "have to" learn English. 

Also, as someone who has been exposed to most of the Germanic and Romanic languages I would argue that English, despite its flaws, is the most accessible of them. It's not just widely spread among people (1st, 2nd and 3rd language), it can also be found in most occupational areas since the First World tends to favor English over Spanish after all and, last but not least, its Grammar is incredibly uncomplex and thus easy to learn. 

Posted (edited)

Why do we have to learn English ?? Why does society say it ??
Spanish has more than 400million native speakers, and English has 350+ million natives, but of course with more than 1000million that they had to learn English only because society says so ...

Close your mouth, and begin to fence United States.

Because English is the accepted international language everyone's using to communicate? it makes no difference whether you have 400 million (if you can call "Spanish" the dumb dialects they use in SA) or 20 billion people speaking the language, it's still an irrelevant and meaningless language in the world.

Fence the US? we should fence Spain out of the EU too :D

Edited by Shiraishin

Posted

yeah, and build a wall to keep them there!!!

becouse ALL spanish speakers are from and live in central/south america right?

yes

Posted

The only people who think English is "The accepted international language", are people who only speak English or English is their first language. Actually, there are half a dozen accepted international languages, Spanish being one of them.

And in case it's been conveniently forgotten within this thread, BDO was not originally published in English and the translation errors from Korean to English hasn't exactly gone unnoticed which players rant and moan about from time to time. Pretty immature for anybody to feel the need to chime in with a negative reaction to a legitimate request/question.

Posted (edited)

The only people who think English is "The accepted international language", are people who only speak English or English is their first language. Actually, there are half a dozen accepted international languages, Spanish being one of them.

And in case it's been conveniently forgotten within this thread, BDO was not originally published in English and the translation errors from Korean to English hasn't exactly gone unnoticed which players rant and moan about from time to time. Pretty immature for anybody to feel the need to chime in with a negative reaction to a legitimate request/question.

I can speak Spanish and Catalan like native as well as English and another 2-3 languages to a lesser degree, and still think Spanish is useless and irrelevant, everyone should speak English fluently as a tool for good communication with the rest of the world. These idiots demanding Spanish translation of the game etc are self-entitled nationalist pricks who only put barriers around them and refuse to blend in with the rest.

Here's another one of these stupid threads http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/134763-the-third-most-spoken-language-in-the-world-will-black-desert-be-in-spanish/

Edited by Shiraishin