• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Power level trade (help)

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

Anyone got some recent experience(last month or so)how to level up your trading?

There is sooo many theory and speculation how to do it ,I kinda confused now.

Posted

Crates or active trading, there is no easy way to hit M2.

Posted (edited)

i know there is no easy way.But distance matter?Value of crafted pack matter?

Edited by gurghul
Bug

Posted (edited)

Hi

Anyone got some recent experience(last month or so)how to level up your trading?

They removed the magnate effect in recent patch from normal trade items so only that effect is applied to specific certain expensive valencia + margoria trade items. Meaning you can level trading again normal without that wall impacting you.

That being said, velia rolling is still quite viable, calpheon trade run is one way but from my recent experience, velia rolling gives same amount of exp as calpheon trade runs but saves bit more time.

If youre lazy then put up somewhat 14 workers in calpheon to produce constant trash crates, if youre not into active trading.

Edited by Purrbulous
derp

Posted

I've been told that distance matters with crafted crates. The value of the pack does not.

I've been told that distance matters with crafted crates. The value of the pack does not.

Posted

higher level goods give more xp.

Posted (edited)

False. Its quantity over quality.

The only reason you may believe that what you wrote is true is due to the long distance applied to trade goods. For example i notice that i can grab 1% of exp from 1 margoria trade run which is equal to 1 velia rolling before needing to channel swap.

Edited by Purrbulous
derp

Posted (edited)

The way I did it was really easy though but it certainly wasnt fast.

@op Invest CP to connect Velia, Heidel, Glish, Western guard camp etc. (enough to make your trade route last at least 15mins) then get a merchant wagon and traders clothes +1/2 along with any +life exp consumables you feel that you can afford to waste and then go trough your trade route, only buying the 18 cheapest trade packs to fill your wagon at each stop. Once you have completed 1 lap of your route swap channels and repeat.

The reason why you only buy the cheapest trade packs is because the magnate debuff applies once you have purchased trade packs for a certain price during that day. I managed to do just above 1 full lvl at master1 with this strategy but it took me almost a full day of semi-afk trading so be prepared to put in the time if you want it to be easy.

Edited by Korvgubben
1 person likes this

Posted

I know it is silly question,but what is magnet debuff? 

Posted

After you had made a certain amount of silver trading, the NPCs would start having less items in stock.

I'm leveling trading by doing the Balenos/Serendia runs with my elephant (to level the elephant as well).  It's probably not the fastest, and I am getting distracted by a lot of other things as well, but I'll get there eventually.

Pretty much what Korvgubben suggested above.

After you had made a certain amount of silver trading, the NPCs would start having less items in stock.

I'm leveling trading by doing the Balenos/Serendia runs with my elephant (to level the elephant as well).  It's probably not the fastest, and I am getting distracted by a lot of other things as well, but I'll get there eventually.

Pretty much what Korvgubben suggested above.

Posted

The only reason you may believe that what you wrote is true is due to the long distance applied to trade goods. For example i notice that i can grab 1% of exp from 1 margoria trade run which is equal to 1 velia rolling before needing to channel swap.

dude I'm master 14 trader. Im trading for months already and trust me please, expensive items gives more XP

dude I'm master 14 trader. Im trading for months already and trust me please, expensive items gives more XP

1 person likes this

Posted

For npc trades (the pack you buy and sell), it's the ratio of profit you make with expansivity of the item having an influence.

For npc trades (the pack you buy and sell), it's the ratio of profit you make with expansivity of the item having an influence.

Posted (edited)

The ways to level up trading:

Bruteforce: make lots of easy crates, overpack them and sell them in a far away linked town. It's a waste of silvers but gives you lots of trade exp. It's less efficient the higher your trade level apparently.

Imperial craft delivery: if you have a cook or an alchemist high enough, you can make imperial boxes. Then sell then at the appropriate npc, in the limits of how many they accept. Wherever the npc is, connected or not, the sale price bonus will always be 250%.

Classic: Take all the trade nodes around Velia, Heidel etc. Fill a wagon at each node and empty it at the next. Priority on the most expensive items at the lowest price percentage, as the benefits you do from a trade seem to influence the exp you get. Trade around in the regions appropriate to your trading level so you don't arrive at a node with a trader that has nothing for you to buy. Bonus: trade quests with crappy rewards alone but that cumulate.

Classic Plus: While doing the classic way, insist on taking the trade items that will sell at the Imperial trader. They sell at a higher percent, which seems to give more exp.

In the end, it's quite long to do. Good luck!

Edited by zhagsten

Posted

Bruteforce: make lots of easy crates, overpack them and sell them in a far away linked town. It's a waste of silvers but gives you lots of trade exp. It's less efficient the higher your trade level apparently.

Imperial craft delivery: if you have a cook or an alchemist high enough, you can make imperial boxes. Then sell then at the appropriate npc, in the limits of how many they accept. Wherever the npc is, connected or not, the sale price bonus will always be 250%.

Classic: Take all the trade nodes around Velia, Heidel etc. Fill a wagon at each node and empty it at the next. Priority on the most expensive items at the lowest price percentage, as the benefits you do from a trade seem to influence the exp you get. Trade around in the regions appropriate to your trading level so you don't arrive at a node with a trader that has nothing for you to buy. Bonus: trade quests with crappy rewards alone but that cumulate.

Classic Plus: While doing the classic way, insist on taking the trade items that will sell at the Imperial trader. They sell at a higher percent, which seems to give more exp.

Roundabout way and totally inefficient: do the trade quests. If you do spend energy on market (bartering and market examination) and buy at lowest, sell at highest, you can get nice xp.

Roundabout way and totally inefficient: do the trade quests. If you do spend energy on market (bartering and market examination) and buy at lowest, sell at highest, you can get nice xp.

Posted

Only months? Thats cute.

Still not buying it, this is from my own trading experience.

Only months? Thats cute.

Still not buying it, this is from my own trading experience.

Posted (edited)

To me it's a waste of time to find out the best place to sell them, though bartering is a good thing indeed if you have the energy. But to me having to do detours to sell to a node at 120% is not worth the complication. Most of the time you'll have several different trade items that have different places at 120%. It pushes you to take unoptimized path that aren't worth the distance %, and even come back to nodes where you've already bought all their stocks. In the end, doing the short runs, you end up with sales that are regularly at 120% for some of your items anyway, and if not, often it's not that lower. If you're a true lazy ass, you don't really care about the sale prices, just the buy prices.

Edited by zhagsten

Posted (edited)

You are wrong, it is based purely on the number of items.  

KpvEbj3.png

Edited by Plunge
2 people like this

Posted

To me it's a waste of time to find out the best place to sell them, though bartering is a good thing indeed if you have the energy. But to me having to do detours to sell to a node at 120% is not worth the complication. Most of the time you'll have several different trade items that have different places at 120%. It pushes you to take unoptimized path that aren't worth the distance %, and even come back to nodes where you've already bought all their stocks. In the end, doing the short runs, you end up with sales that are regularly at 120% for some of your items anyway, and if not, often it's not that lower. If you're a true lazy ass, you don't really care about the sale prices, just the buy prices.

Why do you think I marked it totally inefficient ? :3 It's just more fun than doing the same route afk all the time :D 

Why do you think I marked it totally inefficient ? :3 It's just more fun than doing the same route afk all the time :D 

Posted (edited)

Plunge, please no. False information. Distance % bonus increases the benefits and thus indirectly influence the exp gained. Some of us actually play the game and have noticed it.

Edited by zhagsten

Posted (edited)

I've not noticed anything like this. What I can say for sure though is that with the expensive trade packs you cant make nearly as much trade exp per day because of magnate debuff. An example out of memory is ~30% untill magnate debuff lvl2 at artisan4 skill compared to ~120% at master1 without hitting magnate debuff lvl 2.

If you only intend to do trade runs for 1-2h per day then ofc go for the expensive packs but be prepared to do it for many weeks.

Hard to prove this without imense amounts of data collected :|

Edited by Korvgubben

Posted (edited)

Plunge, please no. False information. Distance % bonus increases the benefits and thus indirectly influence the exp gained. Some of us actually play the game and have noticed it.

Yeah I tested it myself, took crates from heidel to altinoca and heidel crates to arehaza, huge xp difference.

I under estimated total crates needed to m2 and ended up at artisan 3 and i dont feel like starting up the junk crates again.  Just letting my guys make good crates and piling them up.

Hi

Look up Yuma's trade guide and follow it.  With just costumes and food I am geting 25-30% a loop at artisan 3 running from heidel to stone tail to tarif to altinova and back again.  I added in an extra run from stonetail to altinova since i'm not artisan 7 so I can hit up the lava mines.   At artisan 7 should be getting about 30% a loop.  play some ps4/xbox or watch tv while you do it and youll get there.  Bonus you get some horse xp in the meantime if you hitch em up to your wagon

sadly youll only make like a mil an hour :(  so any way you cut it youre spending money to lose money up to m2

i was hording pirate coins and crates in ancado in ancticipation of hitting m2 after lvl 60 but it just wasnt happening so I turned everything in.  Now im sitting on 4k steel crates plus a few thousand of various wood and metal crates so I want to wrap up m2 for the extra $

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted (edited)

I'm a Master 16 trader, distance does not affect the NPC crates it only affects the crafted crates. Please don't give false information to people when it comes to a skill that need s a lot of time to reach M2 with. There have been multiple tests done and it has been proven. 

Edited by Plunge
5 people like this

Posted

You are wrong, it is based purely on the number of items.  

KpvEbj3.png

The support has no idea about  the game. They claim that preorders are region bound, but it has been tested and its wrong. 

Posted

The support has no idea about  the game. They claim that preorders are region bound, but it has been tested and its wrong. 

distance does affect some trade goods.

Posted

Just noticed this in the latest patchnotes:

Players with a Magnate buff will receive the effect of winning the Bargain Game without having to play the actual Bargain Game.

This was already implemented a few weeks ago when I grinded for M2 trading though... gotta love how rng the patchnotes are :|