• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Power level trade (help)

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Just noticed this in the latest patchnotes:

Players with a Magnate buff will receive the effect of winning the Bargain Game without having to play the actual Bargain Game.

This was already implemented a few weeks ago when I grinded for M2 trading though... gotta love how rng the patchnotes are :|

i noticed just last week that i couldn't bargain anymore with magnate.. but the weeks before I sure was dry out of energy before reaching that state so I wouldn't have noticed for sure.

Posted

i noticed just last week that i couldn't bargain anymore with magnate.. but the weeks before I sure was dry out of energy before reaching that state so I wouldn't have noticed for sure.

According to my screenshots it was in the game on april 8 but cant tell if it came with the patch on april 5 or even earlier.

Posted

You are wrong, it is based purely on the number of items.  

KpvEbj3.png

You are wrong and that GM is wrong.

Anyone with a few minutes to spare can do the comparison: Selling a full, overloaded inventory from velia-finto yields roughly (depending on char weight limit) the similar xp as selling a full wagon in Heidel. In my case when I tested it now again, almost exactly 2 % on both. (I discovered this when I started levelling trading a few weeks ago, which made me happy since rolling is about as fun as repeatedly hitting your pinky toe on a table leg.) If you were correct, I should get at minimum 4 % for a finto run, since my char can carry more than twice the amount of items compared to a wagon.

Posted

Boi i guess the GMs of this game must be totaly clueless and have absolutely no internal access to the game and all of the required info from BDO game designers on matter like these. Yup, the GMs are just a random bunch of people who dont know nothing, browsing forums occasionaly while slacking off from work for the most part of the day.

Thank you for this generous sharing!

Posted

Anyone with a few minutes to spare can do the comparison: Selling a full, overloaded inventory from velia-finto yields roughly (depending on char weight limit) the similar xp as selling a full wagon in Heidel. In my case when I tested it now again, almost exactly 2 % on both. (I discovered this when I started levelling trading a few weeks ago, which made me happy since rolling is about as fun as repeatedly hitting your pinky toe on a table leg.) If you were correct, I should get at minimum 4 % for a finto run, since my char can carry more than twice the amount of items compared to a wagon.

though i tend to observe the same but never checked for sure, trading XP was nerfed for trades under a distance of 500 (distance units) and velia-finto falls under that nerf most likely. So this very example is a bit biased.

Posted

Just from running npc trade routes you know that with the same amount of goods you can get different amounts of exp, which means it cannot be based solely on quantity.

Posted

I'm pretty sure you can do a very lucrative xp wise route while doing quest trades IF you start at the right time window.

I'm too lazy to find the perfect window for each traders for each items tho.

Posted

Distance and profit make a difference in exp gained 

it doesnt make up for the majority and its certainly not enough to make trading between say valencia and trent a viable to power level, so it really matters little either way

the best way is to just break out the wagon and trade between the shorted distances above 500 as you can, kinda like how they intended 

1 person likes this

Posted

NPC crate EXP is based solely on quantity, Finto-Velia is less than 500m which is why you're seeing a difference in XP because this was nerfed to stop people rolling.  

Posted

the best way is to just break out the wagon elephant and trade between the shorted distances above 500 as you can, kinda like how they intended 

Posted (edited)

I've only started getting into trading 2 days ago and I just go Velia -> Heidel -> Glish -> Keplan -> Calpheon and back. I'm not an expert so I can't say if it's the most efficient way, but for me it works since it also allows me to semi-afk and study for exams haha. With this run I hardly need to change channel as well and all distances are above 500. I do skip the trade nodes inbetween btw, I just trade at the towns/cities. Gonna take a look at the distances of those inbetween nodes and might add them to my run if they are over 500 both ways. I think if I accumulate my time I've traded about 4 hours in total now and am skilled 5. I get a standard 7% exp per turn in at the moment, no matter what I trade or between what cities it is so I don't think the level of the item u trade matters with this kind of NPC trading, neither does the distance above 500. Of course it could be a different story with crates!

Edited by Anneturtle

Posted

I've only started getting into trading 2 days ago and I just go Velia -> Heidel -> Glish -> Keplan -> Calpheon and back. I'm not an expert so I can't say if it's the most efficient way, but for me it works since it also allows me to semi-afk and study for exams haha. With this run I hardly need to change channel as well and all distances are above 500. I do skip the trade nodes inbetween btw, I just trade at the towns/cities. Gonna take a look at the distances of those inbetween nodes and might add them to my run if they are over 500 both ways. I think if I accumulate my time I've traded about 4 hours in total now and am skilled 5. I get a standard 7% exp per turn in at the moment, no matter what I trade or between what cities it is so I don't think the level of the item u trade matters with this kind of NPC trading, neither does the distance above 500. Of course it could be a different story with crates!

slowly start thinking abut route in mediah

Posted

This again. Oh boy.

Things you have to know:

- magnate debuff is (almost) gone. It only counts for Valencia and Port Ratt items

- every item traded under 500m distance gets a xp penalty (1/3 less xp is reported by players)

- there are two different xp mechanics, one for "NPC" items and one for "crafted" items

- for "NPC" items distance doesn't matter only quantity (this is the mechanic explained in the Ticket)

- for "crafted" items distance is absolutely imported. Base xp is modified by distance xp (base xp * (distance/100))

pre 500m/Magnate nerf, Calpheon rout was the best xp for active traders. Maybe its worth it again since the last patch. Its easy to calculate: 175 Items traded every 15 min -33% =  112 items/15min. Atm i don't know any other rout wither higher trades/min that is over 500m.

Posted

This again. Oh boy.

Things you have to know:

- magnate debuff is (almost) gone. It only counts for Valencia and Port Ratt items

- every item traded under 500m distance gets a xp penalty (1/3 less xp is reported by players)

- there are two different xp mechanics, one for "NPC" items and one for "crafted" items

- for "NPC" items distance doesn't matter only quantity (this is the mechanic explained in the Ticket)

- for "crafted" items distance is absolutely imported. Base xp is modified by distance xp (base xp * (distance/100))

pre 500m/Magnate nerf, Calpheon rout was the best xp for active traders. Maybe its worth it again since the last patch. Its easy to calculate: 175 Items traded every 15 min -33% =  112 items/15min. Atm i don't know any other rout wither higher trades/min that is over 500m.

First thx for help.

Just quick question beacouse I heard this a lot whai is magmagnete debufe?

Posted

First thx for help.

Basically, if you keep doing the same trades in same places, you get more and more magnate debuff (because you become the only seller (roleplay wise)).

Way to avoid it is to add variety to your trade roads I imagine.

Posted

First thx for help.

It lowers the max amount of items offered by Trade managers by 25% every 5m traded.

Posted

NPC crate EXP is based solely on quantity, Finto-Velia is less than 500m which is why you're seeing a difference in XP because this was nerfed to stop people rolling.  

I tested it.

14 npc items.

Western Guard Camp to Olvia (is that more than 500m?): +3% exp

14 new npc items. Remark the similarity of the quantity.

Olvia to Trent: +5% exp (of the same level of course)

How do you explain that, mister Master Trader 3000++ backed up by GM claims? How can two trade routes with the same quantity of items give a different amount of exp if the exp gained is solely based on quantity.

A fantastic amount of bullshit if you want my opinion. You leveled up your trade skill the best way (short trips) by mistake. Congratulations.

Posted

How do you explain that, mister Master Trader 3000++ backed up by GM claims?

Simple, you're either lying or you did it on the same character. I'm even running two alts now to do a test from Velia to Olvia and Velia to Trent to show you the evidence with screenshots, both alts at Beg1. :) 

Posted

I tested it.

14 npc items.

Western Guard Camp to Olvia (is that more than 500m?): +3% exp

14 new npc items. Remark the similarity of the quantity.

Olvia to Trent: +5% exp (of the same level of course)

How do you explain that, mister Master Trader 3000++ backed up by GM claims? How can two trade routes with the same quantity of items give a different amount of exp if the exp gained is solely based on quantity.

A fantastic amount of bullshit if you want my opinion. You leveled up your trade skill the best way (short trips) by mistake. Congratulations.

rng?

Tbh I gave up trying to make some sense of the ever changing rules of trading in this game when the devs constantly implement changes without proper patchnotes.

Posted (edited)

Simple, you're either lying or you did it on the same character. I'm even running two alts now to do a test from Velia to Olvia and Velia to Trent to show you the evidence with screenshots, both alts at Beg1. :) 

I don't care about your tests, because it can be altered by the price of the items. Are you dense?

Here are the unaltered screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/3SVkA

To be able to see a difference, I have insisted on the buy price and sell price. Because that's what makes a difference of exp, not the distance itself. And you can test it with Imperial Delivery, as 250% sell price guarantees better exp.

It's NOT solely on quantity. The profits have an influence. And distance bonus has a small influence by consequence, it's just not worth it.

Edited by zhagsten

Posted

I don't care about your tests, because it can be altered by the price of the items.

You are aware you can buy the same item, right? So Alt 1 buys the items and sells it from Velia to Olvia, then Alt 2 buys the same items and sells them from Velia to Trent; you won't see a difference in the EXP gain. 

Are you dense?

Rather funny that you're calling someone dense when your screenshots don't show the number of items you bought, clearly show different weights and are done on the same character. :) 

Posted (edited)

You are aware you can buy the same item, right? So Alt 1 buys the items and sells it from Velia to Olvia, then Alt 2 buys the same items and sells them from Velia to Trent; you won't see a difference in the EXP gain.

It won't be the same % sell price at the end. Do you even trade?

Rather funny that you're calling someone dense when your screenshots don't show the number of items you bought, clearly show different weights and are done on the same character. :) 

I would gladly make a video, but it would be more than 20 mins and I don't have a connection with a decent upload rate. I give you the screenshots, I tell you what I did. If you don't want to believe me, you'll always find an excuse. The two first screenshots were taken after the transaction when leaving town (you can see the autopath), the last one being the end of the test trip, I didn't buy new items there, just took the screenshot after the transaction.

You are absolutely dishonest and that is disgusting.

Edited by zhagsten
1 person likes this

Posted

You guys are making me want to go trading now. :-P

Posted

You guys are making me want to go trading now. :-P

If you like math and sheets, you'll love it.

Posted

You are wrong, it is based purely on the number of items.  

KpvEbj3.png

The GMs should really start to just shut up instead of giving 100% false information.

Saw that multiple times now where they post wrong info and act like it would be fact.

The dozens of PEN stuff where they claimed, they were legit. The datamined stuff, where they claimed it would be wrong. And now this... where it's clear from the data files, that every trade item has its own XP value.

The distance also matters. It was even official, that short distance has been nerfed. Everyone knows about the 500m, so why the hell are those GM inventing stuff?

1 person likes this