• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Power level trade (help)

69 posts in this topic

Posted

If you like math and sheets, you'll love it.

Well, it was more in the sense of getting on my elephant and riding all over the place. My main trader is Pro 4, I think, so I have a way to go.  There's just a lot of other stuff to do in game when I'm actually at the computer (and afk-ing too much while trading got my elephant killed. :-( )

I may have a few spreadsheets relating to BDO as well...

Posted

If you like math and sheets, you'll love it.

what math.. Samthing lovly bdo trade crate calculator.No math at all

Posted

Well, it was more in the sense of getting on my elephant and riding all over the place. My main trader is Pro 4, I think, so I have a way to go.  There's just a lot of other stuff to do in game when I'm actually at the computer (and afk-ing too much while trading got my elephant killed. :-( )

I may have a few spreadsheets relating to BDO as well...

I'm thinking you underestimate it a bit, here's how long it can be:

First thing first, go to each trader, copy all item low/high price, not only the one sold by the trader btw. That should give the base value of each item at each node.

Second: check each distance bonus between each trader. That will give you the min profit you can expect if you had it to each item value.

Third: calculate the percentage of the profit. Depending on who you ask here, it will give you an estimate of the life xp reward.

Fourth: check the item price fluctuation time, it require long wait looking at graph slowly moving, this for each item.

Fifth: check for each trader, at precisely trade distance time, how much an item bought at lowest price need to wait after travel before being at max price.

Sixth: check for each trader, the min and max trade item he can sell at any given time.

Seventh: do sheets calculs, lots of sheets calculs, to find the most efficient, non redundant (no return at previous points), possible trade road.

If you do all that, congrats, you basically found the most efficient way to do trade.

(and that's not taking into accounts other player influence, since I dunno if it influence or not)

Ps: bonus point: find the perfect trade route with trade quest (which are random, afaik).

what math.. Samthing lovly bdo trade crate calculator.No math at all

I'm not talking of crates selling, just npc trade items trading.

Posted

I'm thinking you underestimate it a bit, here's how long it can be:

First thing first, go to each trader, copy all item low/high price, not only the one sold by the trader btw. That should give the base value of each item at each node.

Second: check each distance bonus between each trader. That will give you the min profit you can expect if you had it to each item value.

Third: calculate the percentage of the profit. Depending on who you ask here, it will give you an estimate of the life xp reward.

Fourth: check the item price fluctuation time, it require long wait looking at graph slowly moving, this for each item.

Fifth: check for each trader, at precisely trade distance time, how much an item bought at lowest price need to wait after travel before being at max price.

Sixth: check for each trader, the min and max trade item he can sell at any given time.

Seventh: do sheets calculs, lots of sheets calculs, to find the most efficient, non redundant (no return at previous points), possible trade road.

If you do all that, congrats, you basically found the most efficient way to do trade.

(and that's not taking into accounts other player influence, since I dunno if it influence or not)

Ps: bonus point: find the perfect trade route with trade quest (which are random, afaik).

I'm not talking of crates selling, just npc trade items trading.

Thank you. I will probably take a more easy going approach to start with, as I'm not in a rush. Plus I also need to get my alts to Prof 1 when it comes the time to level everyone in trading.

I've done the trading quests and they are fun. Just sometimes you have to hand them in out of the way (I'm looking at you, Ilyia Trade Manager!)

Posted

Thank you. I will probably take a more easy going approach to start with, as I'm not in a rush. Plus I also need to get my alts to Prof 1 when it comes the time to level everyone in trading.

I've done the trading quests and they are fun. Just sometimes you have to hand them in out of the way (I'm looking at you, Ilyia Trade Manager!)

There's also some where you need to be careful when approaching the trader, place where there's enemies near the trader by example (my cart got destroyed three times due to that)

Posted (edited)

Did a quick test myself with 18 Freharau's dried mud and routes: Glish -> Heidel and Glish -> Olvia.

Glish->Heidel: Beginner5 43%. Profit made: 29633

Glish->Olvia: Beginner5 60%. Profit made: 30101

This doesnt show wether its the increased earnings or the distance that is the cause of the higher trade exp gain but what it does show is that its not worth to make longer routes for leveling up trading with NPC trade packs.

Screenshots

Edited by Korvgubben
Added screenshots

Posted

Did a quick test myself with 18 Freharau's dried mud and routes: Glish -> Heidel and Glish -> Olvia.

Glish->Heidel: Beginner5 43%. Profit made: 29633

Glish->Olvia: Beginner5 60%. Profit made: 30101

This doesnt show wether its the increased earnings or the distance that is the cause of the higher trade exp gain but what it does show is that its not worth to make longer routes for leveling up trading with NPC trade packs.

I think you forgot to write either start or end xp for each trade (in order to know the xp gain for each).

Posted

I think you forgot to write either start or end xp for each trade (in order to know the xp gain for each).

2 different alts both with no previous trading done.

Posted

Hello, I also have a question on trading. I'm currently App.3 in trading and what I'm doing now is making a bunch of junk crates (like copper ore, maple timber, etc) in Port Epheria. After some time, I would transport them all to Altinova and trade them all in.

NOTE: When I started making junk crates, I have not been leveling my trading.

Is this a good way to gain trading exp? Idc if I lose money.

Posted

Hello, I also have a question on trading. I'm currently App.3 in trading and what I'm doing now is making a bunch of junk crates (like copper ore, maple timber, etc) in Port Epheria. After some time, I would transport them all to Altinova and trade them all in.

NOTE: When I started making junk crates, I have not been leveling my trading.

Is this a good way to gain trading exp? Idc if I lose money.

Make the trade route longer. If you dont have the CP yet to invest then let the crates sit untill you do.

Posted

Make the trade route longer. If you dont have the CP yet to invest then let the crates sit untill you do.

So I should try to connect to like Sand Grain Bazaar?

Posted

So I should try to connect to like Sand Grain Bazaar?

all the way across the map

Posted (edited)

Everyone knows about the 500m, so why the hell are those GM inventing stuff?

The 500 metre was nerfed because people were rolling between traders and using an exploit to carry more than a wagon. The EXP was nerfed, not ebcause distance factors in with NPC items, but to dissuade people from using the rolling exploit. 

It won't be the same % sell price at the end. Do you even trade?

Which is what happens when you sell less items in your first trade, this is clearly shown when the weight difference is marked quite clearly on your screenshots. What's dishonest is someone trying so hard to lie, failing and then getting upset when they've been proven wrong. 

Edit: Just run a test of 2 different alts, both at Beg1 0%

Alt 1 - Velia to WGC (~900m) selling 13 Red Alchemist's Dye / NO bargain / Value Pack 10% ONLY = Beg5 27%

Alt 2 - Velia to Calpheon selling 13 Red Alchemist's Dye / Bargain / Value pack 10% ONLY = Beg5 27%

Distance and price have NO affect on NPC crates. 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

The 500 metre was nerfed because people were rolling between traders and using an exploit to carry more than a wagon. The EXP was nerfed, not ebcause distance factors in with NPC items, but to dissuade people from using the rolling exploit. 

Which is what happens when you sell less items in your first trade, this is clearly shown when the weight difference is marked quite clearly on your screenshots. What's dishonest is someone tyring so hard to lie, failing and then getting upset when they've been proven wrong. 

So selling less items at higher distance for more exps proofs that you are right about exp bein flat? You are unusually high today arent ya?

Posted (edited)

Which is what happens when you sell less items in your first trade, this is clearly shown when the weight difference is marked quite clearly on your screenshots. What's dishonest is someone trying so hard to lie, failing and then getting upset when they've been proven wrong. 

Alt 1 - Velia to WGC (~900m) selling 13 Red Alchemist's Dye / NO bargain / Value Pack 10% ONLY = Beg5 27%

Alt 2 - Velia to Calpheon selling 13 Red Alchemist's Dye / Bargain / Value pack 10% ONLY = Beg5 27%

You are really the biggest liar in this forum. You can only do it on purpose, there's no way otherwise. You say things so stupid, it's incredible.

This Plunge guy is trying to make us believe he doesn't know that you buy and sell the npc items at a price that fluctuates with time, depending on the node. He plays dumb. This is why nobody cares about your tests, man, if they even exist. Your tests don't prove you are right because you don't show the profits you made.

You are so low in your mud that you accuse me of selling less items on the first run. You invoke the weight used is different. Well, here's something new for you new player, npc items have different weights. When I bought 14 items at Olvia, they weren't the same items that I bought in Western Guard Camp. GENIUS.

Just go away now. There's been enough test to show it's not only quantity. You are wrong, and you won't admit it ever so go live in your fantasy world where you are always right. We don't need you here. Goodbye.

Edited by zhagsten

Posted (edited)

You are really the biggest liar in this forum. You can only do it on purpose, there's no way otherwise. You say things so stupid, it's incredible.

Insults, personal attacks and rhetoric just because you can't admit you're wrong.

For others reading, you don't have to believe him or me and the GM answer; do the tests yourself and see what results you get. It has been shown that trading your own crafted crates relies heavily on distance for EXP, whereas NPC crates such as the ones you buy from a trader are based solely on quantity.

Edit: Here are the screenshots from my tests

Alt1 Before Alt1 After

Alt2 Before Alt2 After

These images not only prove that EXP isn't based on distance, but also silver (when it comes to NPS crates). The distance means you make more profit as you've got a larger distance bonus and the successful bargain for Alt2 also means more silver. 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

These images not only prove that EXP isn't based on distance, but also silver (when it comes to NPS crates). The distance means you make more profit as you've got a larger distance bonus and the successful bargain for Alt2 also means more silver. 

Except it's possible to absorb the distance bonus and bargain by a lower difference between % buy price and % sale price. And of course you don't show how much silvers these trades did, so no, it doesn't prove anything about silvers.

Posted

Except it's possible to absorb the distance bonus and bargain by a lower difference between % buy price and % sale price. And of course you don't show how much silvers these trades did, so no, it doesn't prove anything about silvers.

I really need to take the time to do what I indicated above between 2 nodes (well, do it two time that, to procure info about 500m diff). Would give everyone the right datas.

Posted

This is exactly what I did on my test though except I used different locations.

Screenshots

Gonna add the screens to my original post too.