• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GET RID OF THIS GOD AWFUL MECHANIC

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Cancer.thumb.jpg.987cdaeba40e737d42c8853

More cancer than RNG

10 people like this

Posted

They've tried to.

It's literally been in the patch notes that the difference between lowest and the ones you're trying to buy has increased THREE TIMES.

In short. Holding your breath on this getting fixed? Probably a bad idea.

They've tried to.

It's literally been in the patch notes that the difference between lowest and the ones you're trying to buy has increased THREE TIMES.

In short. Holding your breath on this getting fixed? Probably a bad idea.

Posted

Yes, remove the mechanic that ensures that everyone is treated fairly when it comes to buying much needed and rare items. 

Yes, remove the mechanic that ensures that everyone is treated fairly when it comes to buying much needed and rare items. 

Posted

Since when are Relics rare ?

58 listed and the WHOLE OF EU can only buy 1 are effectively BLOCKED from buying the rest because of this god awful stupid mechanic

58 listed and the WHOLE OF EU can only buy 1 are effectively BLOCKED from buying the rest because of this god awful stupid mechanic

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't GAF about the lowest item. I just want to buy the item that I came for, and then leave. Simple. This bidding garbage ruins this game for me.

I don't GAF about the lowest item. I just want to buy the item that I came for, and then leave. Simple. This bidding garbage ruins this game for me.

Posted

much needed

much needed

The forums even double my post and you still missed the phrase. They aren't blocked, you just have to play the bidding game which gives everyone an equal chance of getting the item, you're whining because you're not getting preferential treatment. :) 

much needed

much needed

The forums even double my post and you still missed the phrase. They aren't blocked, you just have to play the bidding game which gives everyone an equal chance of getting the item, you're whining because you're not getting preferential treatment. :) 

Posted

They ARE blocked, until that 1 single relic has finished the 5 minute bidding phase EVERY OTHER RELIC IS LOCKED FROM PURCHASE

1 single relic for everyone on the EU servers to bid for, you call it a game ? I would say I'm surprised, but it is YOU who is saying it's a game so I'm not

Posted

They ARE blocked, until that 1 single relic has finished the 5 minute bidding phase EVERY OTHER RELIC IS LOCKED FROM PURCHASE

1 single relic for everyone on the EU servers to bid for, you call it a game ? I would say I'm surprised, but it is YOU who is saying it's a game so I'm not

Bidding phase doesn't last for 5 minutes, so you've already proven that you don't play the game or bid. As for intelligent discussion, I think that goes out the window when you use insults and personal attacks at the slightest hint of someone having a different opinion to you. I hope I didn't trigger you with my humble opinion, would hate for you to burst a blood vessel. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Time is relative, if it feels like 5 minutes it's 5 minutes

Settle down Nietzsche, 5 minutes is a measurable amount of time so no reason to get deep because you were wrong. :) 

Don't get upset when people call you out for constantly being Kakao's biggest fanboy

If anyone's upset here, it would be the person who raged so hard because I strung a few words together. Why not use the ignore function if your ego shatters and you see nothing but red every time someone disagrees with you? 

It's impossible to have intelligent discussion with someone who thinks that every single mechanic in the game along with the company behind is perfect in every way, it's called delusion and is in no way healthy, discussing with you about this game is on par with discussing with an ISIS member of the horrors they commit or the equivalent of banging your head against a brick wall because you think everything is perfect and nothing is wrong

Would you mind pointing out where I said this? I stated that it's needed mechanic, it can get very annoying when I'm buying up large amounts of honey and have to wait 30 seconds because someone else is looking at it; but it still remains a needed mechanic. I sincerely hope you're comparing me, the civil forum user, to ISIS when you're throwing tantrums left right and centre and insult anyone who disagrees with you because you have as tenuous a grasp on your emotions as a monkey does on particle physics. :) 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

I hate this mechanic so much. It drives me insane.

On commodity type items of which thousands are bought/sold per day, the requirement to buy cheapest first really needs to go away.

I hate this mechanic so much. It drives me insane.

On commodity type items of which thousands are bought/sold per day, the requirement to buy cheapest first really needs to go away.

1 person likes this

Posted

[snip] as a money does on particle physics. :) 

To be fair Plunge, the research on particle physics do necessitate money, which can influence the results by skewering them.

[snip] as a money does on particle physics. :) 

To be fair Plunge, the research on particle physics do necessitate money, which can influence the results by skewering them.

1 person likes this

Posted

God dammit, fingers are too cold and I'm making typos everywhere. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Isn't this something the patch notes talk about, or did it not actually happen yet?

Isn't this something the patch notes talk about, or did it not actually happen yet?

Posted

It was in patch notes, which were a copy/paste of Russian patch notes so probably didn't happen

It was in patch notes, which were a copy/paste of Russian patch notes so probably didn't happen

Posted

As I said in the first post, it's been in 3 separate patchnotes so far.

So either it's never being implemented or the silver difference where you can actually buy items is so tiny and irrelevant that it might as well not be a thing.

As I said in the first post, it's been in 3 separate patchnotes so far.

So either it's never being implemented or the silver difference where you can actually buy items is so tiny and irrelevant that it might as well not be a thing.

Posted

I sincerely hope you're comparing me, the civil forum user

That's a good one Plunge, like I said, you're deluded

I sincerely hope you're comparing me, the civil forum user

That's a good one Plunge, like I said, you're deluded

Posted

The best part is when I see hundreds of an item listed, but I have to go through multiple bidding phases when all I wanted was 1. Even if it's freaking pet feed.

The best part is when I see hundreds of an item listed, but I have to go through multiple bidding phases when all I wanted was 1. Even if it's freaking pet feed.

Posted

i understand they want you to buy the min priced one, but they should ignore any that are in bid phase from that requirement.

i understand they want you to buy the min priced one, but they should ignore any that are in bid phase from that requirement.

1 person likes this

Posted

The idiots who think this is okay really need to come on over to EU to try to buy oh I don't know, 25 memory fragments or something. It's infuriating.

The idiots who think this is okay really need to come on over to EU to try to buy oh I don't know, 25 memory fragments or something. It's infuriating.

Posted

yep this mechanic is pointless, just unnecessary and slow

Posted

you white knight everything.

Every. Single. Thing.

its a problem which is why they've repeatedly tried to increase the difference between the lowest and max items.

if there's 4,000 grunil helms on market but they are CONSISTENTLY listed it makes it so you can not buy any items until people stop listing and all bids are done.

its an annoyance, it doesn't protect rare items.

you dumb

you white knight everything.

Every. Single. Thing.

its a problem which is why they've repeatedly tried to increase the difference between the lowest and max items.

if there's 4,000 grunil helms on market but they are CONSISTENTLY listed it makes it so you can not buy any items until people stop listing and all bids are done.

its an annoyance, it doesn't protect rare items.

you dumb

Posted

it doesn't protect rare items.

It gives everyone an equal chance to get the item rather than the person who clicked the fastest. Everyone asking for it to be removed is merely looking at it from a selfish viewpoint where they think they deserve the item more than someone else. It can be annoying when you're trying to buy thousands of an item, but it is worth it for the fairness it offers. If you're not happy with this opinion and want to reply with insults, I urge you to use the ignore function

you dumb

Is this supposed to be a poor form of insult, or are you trying to conjugate? I dumb, you dumb, he dumb etc? :) 

Posted

They don't need to get rid of the bid mechanic entirely, because it makes buying rare items fair for everybody.

However they do need to make it so that you can still purchase other items during bidding phase for items that are not rare, whether it be by increasing the threshold of pricing, or by counting the number of items listed.

The mechanic is necessary but could use some fixing up for sure.

Posted

I wish they would build in an automatic trigger for bidding so that the bidding on an item only engaged when supplies dropped below a certain threshold. Seems to me that it would help with this.

1 person likes this

Posted

It does kind of get annoying when trying to buy a page full of items, then all of a sudden..............10+ Bid items pop for lower amounts than what you were buying for.

It probably would bloat their database, but it almost would be better to just have all Bids be on a separate tab. If you want to play the Bid game them go ahead for cheaper prices. If you want to just Buy then do that on the other tab. Once all the Buy Now ones are gone, you will have to result to the Bid tab anyway until people post more.

And maybe if you post an item as a Bid, you get like 10% off the tax rate since the Bids are typically lower than regular postings. I dont know something like that

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0