• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Enchanting failure rates

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Feels like, for a while now, the failure rates enchanting items has gotten worse. I've been trying to get a +14 Liverto Staff from 14 to 15. I ran up a +30 fail stack and stopped. I started another fail stack and got to +26 and stopped. The amount of money I've spent is incredible. Feels like either certain items or enchanting in general has gotten harder with much higher fail rates.

Posted (edited)

nope  completly normal failstack. is pretty good   you have 2 good failstack for your Duo-tri

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

Welcome to BDO enchanting. You have it pretty easy right now as it's not a Kzarka or boss piece. On the bright side, you have the opportunity to make a few TET stacks if it keeps getting bad.

Posted (edited)

That's why I forced all boss and yellow weapon from +12 to +15.

In the past 2 weeks, I have failed 15 TRI attempt, average 6-10 fails to get back to DUO, lost almost 900,000,000 silver total.

Now I have 5 chars with 55-61 FS, 7 chars with 40-44 FS and I have to use 40 FS character to get back to DUO.

I have given up on trying TRI again and basically camping MP to buy it.

Edited by Dhaos

Posted

900,000 Silver? WHAT SORCERY IS THAT?!

Posted

nobody forces you to enchant , if you can't stomach the fails just don't and buy your stuff.

Posted

That's why I forced all boss and yellow weapon from +12 to +15.

In the past 2 weeks, I have failed 15 TRI attempt, average 6-10 fails to get back to DUO, lost almost 900,000,000 silver total.

Now I have 5 chars with 55-61 FS, 7 chars with 40-44 FS and I have to use 40 FS character to get back to DUO.

I have given up on trying TRI again and basically camping MP to buy it.

I see you were missing a few zeroes there. TET stacks ahoy

Posted (edited)

I have attempted many PRI items in the past week and have failed every single one of them. Getting jewelry to PRI feels normal and is working as intended. But armor and weapons have changed. I'm sure of it. I make hundreds of them and it's one of my main sources of income for the past 5-6 months. Something has changed.

As a side note it is much easier to get +15s now. It use to be 23 to force +14 and 29 to force +15. It's much cheaper now but I don't see any need to force. The new success checkbox thing is working very well. I have not tried DUO or higher since yesterdays patch so I cannot comment on them.

I'm speculating here but based on my experience the PRI requirement has been raised to DUO (21 or higher failstack). I did have 4-5 items hit 23fs and still not PRI. I'll keep testing and change this post if I'm successful at PRI armor and weapons below 10 failstacks. I just need some damn sharps and hards now...

Edited by Stabby

Posted

start at 25 fs and stop at 40fs.

Posted (edited)

That's bizarre because I've had about a lifetime 70/30 success to fail ratio on PRI accessories.  More often than not I get it, and thankfully it's never on the yellows that I end up failing.

TRI stack on Kutum was a pain, but all the rest of my boss gear has gone on first attempt, one of them was a +29.

Even my first TET attempt (+49) went on the first go at it.  And I got that stack from the fails on Kutum...so...

However...HOWEVER >.>

I understand that means nothing toward the next time.

Edited by Alrikmerc
Typing is an art, I am a layman

Posted

900,000 Silver? WHAT SORCERY IS THAT?!

was going to put 900,000k, but 900,000,000 look better. Seriously, I wish I wait for a month for TET and buy one, cheaper.

When RNG kick you, it kicks real hard.

One of my guildy enchant the Blue version and got up to 106 FS just for TRI, but repair cost is still cheaper than mine with using memories.

nobody forces you to enchant , if you can't stomach the fails just don't and buy your stuff.

Well guess what? Me and many others have to RNG to just buy them off MP.

If more people like us doing this, then it will be a big problem since very few would be on sale.

Posted

...my guildy enchant the Blue version and got up to 106 FS just for TRI

That's because there is a diminished return on failstacks when you pass the next tiers failstack amount. So for example 31 is the sweet spot for a TRI and 41 for a TET. If you go past 41 on the TRI attempt you now get diminished return on your success chance. That's my theory but I have no evidence to back it up except for my own personal experiences.

Posted (edited)

Nobody forces you to keep trolling, yet you do.

That's because there is a diminished return on failstacks when you pass the next tiers failstack amount. So for example 31 is the sweet spot for a TRI and 41 for a TET. If you go past 41 on the TRI attempt you now get diminished return on your success chance. That's my theory but I have no evidence to back it up except for my own personal experiences.

You should consider wearing a clown outfit for a living.  It would suit you well.

Edited by feebleone

Posted

stfu

1 person likes this

Posted

stfu

Is Sizers sheer ignorance or trolling worse, hard to tell sometimes.

Posted (edited)

I feel like it's only the DISPARITY between kinds of Items has gotten way farther apart.   ...like, I couldn't get any of my Boss Gear to go +12/+13 till I was around 32 stacks each time.  But meanwhile I took a Kreig sword from +7 to +15 with literally only 12 blackstones and then Grunil Armor went DUO with only 3 HardStones.  And the only reason I'm making the pleb gear was to try and get the failstacks I needed .. which I didn't get  ..and this was before the latest patch so now the pleb stuff is upgrading even faster

I wouldn't mind so much if Memory Fragments were cheaper / also came from Lifeskilling .. but this is just becoming the most blatant "WE WANT EVERYONE to KNOW that they have to buy tons and tons of Artisan'sMems from us or it's going to take half a year to for their Rare gear to even get to DUO"

EDIT:  This latest "feature" they just added with "Durable" checkbox ISN'T HELPING either, pleb items keep upgrading with almost no FS but I couldn't tell any difference when I tried the other option for the gear I WANTED enhancement to succeed on.

EDIT#2:  I also got like a DOZEN failstack out of a +4 piece of Horse Gear .. so obviously the new enchantment schedule doesn't apply to that stuff either

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

Ultimate Duo armor, full set. Forced. I won't be forcing Tri for a while. I need 120 hard shards. Same for weapons. Pri on 5 classes, main and off hand. I did failchant 2 mains of those just to confirm the system is a busted piece of shit and yep, it is. 40 Blue coral rings, 0% success on Pri.
Once I have everything to Tri I am content locked. Though to be fair, that's 3 months away and will get me a gear score of around 650 so no issues.

Edited by Ioci

Posted

Took me 93 fail stacks to get my Lancia from Pri to Duo. RNG is RNG 

Posted (edited)

I now have a +30; +26 and a +25 set of fail stacks trying to get the Liverto Staff from 14 to 15. I'm using a blue item of lower value to get a stack of ~+20 then switch to the Staff and then continue. Those 3 FS's are the result and it's still 14. I don't remember it being this way until the last month or so. Besides, this staff is getting expensive at buying liverto's and using artisan stones....

Edited by MeDad

Posted

this staff is getting expensive at buying liverto's and using artisan stones....

Just wait till ya get a Kzarka....some guy on these forums generated 66 FS just tryin' to get a +14 he picked up off the market to +15  ... rumor has it some of them are Cursed (which is probably why the last person said "Eff this" and just threw it up on the market)

Posted

That's because there is a diminished ilstacks when you pass the next tiers failstack amount. So for example 31 is the sweet spot for a TRI and 41 for a TET. If you go past 41 on the TRI attempt you now get diminished return on your success chance. That's my theory but I have no evidence to back it up except for my own personal experiences.

no thats wrong on boss gear 35 stacks you're at max % for duo, 44 for tri and 90 for tet going past that doesnt increase chance

Posted

i got 3 50 stacks going to +15 on my giath helm 5 months ago or so 

Posted

stfu

plz ,I'm offended.

Posted

I stuck with one stack and got the liverto staff to flip from 14 to 15 at +32 stacks. Now...what will it take to go to PRI and then DUO?

Posted

I stuck with one stack and got the liverto staff to flip from 14 to 15 at +32 stacks. Now...what will it take to go to PRI and then DUO?

that +32 stack you just lost