• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Returning Player - State of the game?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I played for maybe few weeks around launch and didn't get too attached to it, didn't feel the appeal it had.

After about couple months I returned and played it for two or three months straight and genuinely enjoyed it although I did not get too far in the game.

I mostly liked combat and how gardening, nodes, horse taming/breeding and fishing was implemented.
I felt compelled to complete nearly everything in a zone before moving onto the next one.

I'd like to get my MMO itch scratched and thought of getting back to BDO.

• How is the game doing, generally speaking, currently?
  • Do servers still feel active or little dead (e.g. compared to ESO/GW2/LotRO/SWTOR/WildStar)
  • Few expansion since I last played have been released; are they all noteworthy in their own right?
  • Is the game (EU/NA) still in active development or do we eventually only get content from Korean version once it's localized?

Posted

Its growing channels are busy. Still a -----ing grind fest but hey what game isnt. 

Posted

Game is doing fine, lively as -----. It feels crowded most of the time. ( except 4-5AM :D )

Posted

I just returned and Olvia servers all have XP boost and I can enter them.

However, my friend also returned with me but he cannot enter Olvia servers; what gives?

I played last time few months after launch, he played briefly (practically logged in and out few times) over month ago.

How does this work exactly? How does it determine who's eligible for XP boost and who isn't and for how long does it last and when does the counter start?

Also, can you see it anywhere or nah?

Posted

Dedgame bro

http://imgur.com/a/FhPiF

Also Olvia servers only available to people that haven't logged on for 30+ days. Your friend screwed himself over by logging in every now and then. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Dedgame bro

http://imgur.com/a/FhPiF

Also Olvia servers only available to people that haven't logged on for 30+ days. Your friend screwed himself over by logging in every now and then. 

Good to know, currently downloading all the updates, i also havent played since Launch feeling burnt out on WOW, and SWTOR thought id give BDO another Go.

Posted

So far I've enjoyed my stay, albeit there some minor annoyances.

Such as the fact there's still no proper 'help' channel in chat and Roleplay (read: Trollplay) gets used for assistance a lot and depending on time of the day heated topic is either Trump, Religion, P2W Game or WoW 1st MMO. Although for now it's enjoyable but I reckon over time it'll get repetitive.

Another thing I wish there was would be timestamps for chat, such a small QoL could go a long way.

Pop-ins still seem like an issue although performance wise I'm mostly fine on very high settings.

Some questionable design choices such as attendance reward reminder (when you can redeem for the next day if you happen to be online when counter resets) popping up mid combat.

Other than that it's been all positive, more or less.

Currently leveling a Warrior to catch up my friend. I was going to play Sorceress with him but after ~35 levels I didn't feel Sorceress much. Vastly preferred Witch in terms of gameplay that I'm going to main as my solo character.

Posted

I played at launch pretty hardcore, I then quit in about a month. Recently came back and I am playing it more casual, just doing whatever and I find it more enjoyable. Hope you enjoy your time back.

Posted

Played for a couple months at launch, started 3 toons (sorc, tamer and maeweh (spelling?)). Really liked it but coming from ESO, the UI was horrible and very complicated, combat was great though.....anyway, for whatever reason I just didn't want to carry on playing but couldn't get the lovely graphics, and living world out of my head.

Well, a month ago ESO had a really long maintenance and I had a day off, so patched BDO and jumped back in and straight away wondered why it had taken me so long.  

Didn't like the sorc so deleted that and made a Valkyrie but my favourite class was the tamer so finally got that to lvl 50 and now play casually most days, concentrating on exploration, crafting and fishing etc, a lot of which I can do afk while I play ESO too :)

I was pleased to see a healthy population here still, the double XP servers really helped me and it's nice to see I still have my obsession for dying costumes !

Game seems to be in a good place from a casual point of view.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0