• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I wish BDO included Tab/Focus-Targeting as an option.

53 posts in this topic

Posted

BDO's current "Action Targeting" is great for its melee, but leave out a lot of fun for ranged dps. In real life, a person with a bow/arrow, doesn't have to be 100% facing an enemy to shoot at them. Pfft, a 13 year old kid with a baseball can throw a pitch that goes over 100 yards, all the while looking at someone on 2nd base (Hey, ever steal 2nd base before?), and smash a car window because the back fence had a whole in it.

Granted, asking for realism from BDO is seemingly pointless, but asking for fun, or more options of fun should not be.

At any rate, to clarify, tab targeting, is using the TAB key (or some key) to cycle through and pick an enemy, from say many enemies, so you don't have to move your mouse over them and press a mouse click on them; or turn towards them. And the tab/focus targeting is where you maintain a "focus" lock on the enemy, even if you are not facing them, letting you know their health, again without having to face them, and typically letting you know where they are on your radar.

For a visual aid, I linked below a snippet of tab/focus-targeting, in a high action mage fight, where tab/focus-targeting is used. Notice how the combat flows smoothly, where the mage attacking does not have to turn/look at their opponent as they run around, or get into Welee range just to ensure their spell hits, but instead, they only have to focus on which spell they want to cast and the terrain they constantly run through. That's what tab/focus-targeting grants.

Posted

I think you are bad in this game if you need an aimbot in BDO.

Git gud

23 people like this

Posted (edited)

No.

Edited by ClockworkArc
Clarity
1 person likes this

Posted

Dear OP:

Warcraft misses you.

2 people like this

Posted

NO, NO and NO.  Black desert's combat is a combination of gear, Level and skill.  when the first two are equal then skill is the only determining factor. 

BDO already has auto aiming... maybe you should turn it on.  Plus the vast majority of skills in BDO would not work with tabbed targeting.  

Most of us really enjoy BDO BECAUSE it doesn't have archaic tab targeting or "lock on" mechanics.  If you like that then you can go play bless or Archeage or WoW.  

Incidentally thank you for showing me that video of Bless's combat.  Now I don't have to waste my time on another MMO with a dated combat system that requires no skill. *Yawn*

5 people like this

Posted

Hahahaha... Best idea ever.

April 1 was 27 days ago!

7 people like this

Posted

So how about start playing that game and leave this one to the big boys?

There was an MMO called RYL (Risk Your Life), it did not seem so popular unfortunetly even thought  RYL2 also got realeased. I remember being tired of those target/focus systems, literally you could just stand in place hit tab and do 1,2,3 repeat to win a fight. RYL introduced me to the joy of targeting someone on my own instead of relying on aimbots to do the hard parts. I looked for similiar games but a lot of them had  systems that mimic the action targeting but it wasn't true when you took a closer look at them.

BDO has some systems that can help you in targeting but you're at the steering wheel, and it's great. This way you can throw an AOE not at the enemy but in front of him as he tries to dodge. Also You know that some AOE skills can be "moved" after they start, how would that work with focus? Would it follow your target? Imigine a wizard with sage memory focused on you, where will you hide?

1 person likes this

Posted

Bless is overhauling there combat system because it doesnt work...... So not the best example.

Tab targeting only works good for healing, same with click on party lists.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just no cuz locking on targets is for people with 2 left hands

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No TAB-targeting is one of the best things in this game, why would you want to change it? If its too hard for you that means you're just bad and thats all.  I have no problem with ranged classes.

Edited by Irvashi

Posted

I think a git gud is appropriate here.

An tiny aoe for the resurrect skill would be nice tho.

1 person likes this

Posted

You realize there already is autoaim for ranged, right?

2 people like this

Posted

If you wanted tab/focus targeting then this isn't the game. All the previews we got here in the west it was one of the points. It's a reason we, I at least, wanted to play this. More fluid and not just targeting pewpew. And really for range classes they have a way to know where your attacking with range skills.

Posted

Absolutely not.

But ranged hitboxes could stand to be aimable a little lower with auto targetting on.

Posted

Yeah ... You mean like Bless Online, the game that will close in a month in Russia, for an undertermined period, and made terrible numbers in Korea ?
Where one of the main gripes against the game is precisely its combat system ?

http://2p.com/48117367_1/Bless-Online-RU-will-Shut-Down-its-Servers-Next-Month-by-MMORPGmaster.htm

Good example to follow indeed ... If you want to fail.

3 people like this

Posted

Maybe for mages I guess? But I always felt the aiming for projectiles in this game was pretty forgiving enough. Maybe a homing missile move?

Posted

NO

gitgud.

Posted

Maybe for mages I guess? But I always felt the aiming for projectiles in this game was pretty forgiving enough. Maybe a homing missile move?

Targetting mage spells at Karanda for example can be pretty awkward cause you've gotta tild your camera pretty low to get the red cursor to show up properly.

That's not a reason to add tab targetting though, it's just a reason to make her targetting box a lil bigger for mages (and whatever other class has the problem).

Posted

ur example is pretty crappy , since BLESS-RU already closes down again ..

and btw ..

nobody wants Tab-target

Posted

I like how guild wars 2 does magic. There is a lot of ground targeting skills which makes playing an elementalist in that game very fun.

Posted

Mark friendly target to buff/heal/resurrect? maybe. Tab-Targeting enemy to kill? No.

Posted

I think tab targeting is really nice in old school rpg's, because combat is balanced and built around it. They often have a lot of crucial target switching(in PvE) as well as heal and support jobs, so tab targeting fit those type of games well.

But when it comes to BDO and all these modern action type MMO's with high burst&mobility, it doesn't work to have tab targeting. Would be way to easy to kill people in PvP, especially for classes with a bit more range. Would be like click->dead HAHAHA from 20 meters away, playing my witch :$

Posted

BDO's current "Action Targeting" is great for its melee, but leave out a lot of fun for ranged dps. In real life, a person with a bow/arrow, doesn't have to be 100% facing an enemy to shoot at them. Pfft, a 13 year old kid with a baseball can throw a pitch that goes over 100 yards, all the while looking at someone on 2nd base (Hey, ever steal 2nd base before?), and smash a car window because the back fence had a whole in it.

Granted, asking for realism from BDO is seemingly pointless, but asking for fun, or more options of fun should not be.

At any rate, to clarify, tab targeting, is using the TAB key (or some key) to cycle through and pick an enemy, from say many enemies, so you don't have to move your mouse over them and press a mouse click on them; or turn towards them. And the tab/focus targeting is where you maintain a "focus" lock on the enemy, even if you are not facing them, letting you know their health, again without having to face them, and typically letting you know where they are on your radar.

For a visual aid, I linked below a snippet of tab/focus-targeting, in a high action mage fight, where tab/focus-targeting is used. Notice how the combat flows smoothly, where the mage attacking does not have to turn/look at their opponent as they run around, or get into Welee range just to ensure their spell hits, but instead, they only have to focus on which spell they want to cast and the terrain they constantly run through. That's what tab/focus-targeting grants.

I read none of this. Tab targeting...  just no...  no!

Posted

Since I can do consecutive Predatory Hunt jumps on one target, I think you can do without auto targeting thingimagic.

Posted (edited)

Edited by metaxa1331