• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The economy is dieing

137 posts in this topic

Posted

It's because we have less lifeskillers for shards and logs and rough stones and and and because all lifeskillers left cuz angry. Getting PK'ed while doing so.

2 people like this

Posted

This will always happen in a restricted market with controlled (and often unrealistic) prices. Even at times when you could buy real rare items the whole thing is distorted. A good example is when we had this lovely boss armour event, when you could casually shop for your Bheg's and Giaths, and even Muskans (Tree armour was quite rare even then), and also at "cheaper" prices.

But how come this happened? Quite simply because those great BiS pieces were liquidated for some quick profit from all those players who never cared about that kind of gear. Once this was over, back to the normal stuff, with sky high pre-orders and RNG sniping. Same situation with almost everything else.

Once we get a blackstone event, there are a few 10s of thousands, at least, merrily sitting in the market at "bargain" prices. Once it is gone, oh well, they are gone too.

And obviously, unless someone is a fool or really doesn't care for some reason, who would place items in the market that are always in demand or hard to get / produce for a low price that doesn't represent that demand, rarity or effort? (prime example being hard / sharp stones and certain matts)

Posted

• Weeds

homie go to a random brush and get some then wtf

Posted

homie go to a random brush and get some then wtf

Not enough weeds. This is the fault of Jason Brody :D

Posted (edited)

Every week a important item runs out, eventually only the things that can be mass produced with the highest profit margins will be left on the MP. For all the people who dont know, the following items use to have a abundand supply until one day the markets crashed

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

The opposite is happening actually. You now have a market with more saturation of demand but not enough supply now that the markets from each server are merged. I played on all servers before merge because i knew they would eventualy merge and wanted free loot,Unos market was always packed with goods,orwens was meh,Edans was almost as good as unos slightly behind   Uno>Edan>orwen , As far as saturation. ,The problem is when a market has smaller saturation,it does not meet the market demand when the populations are the same.,So now all markets are merged, pearl items are now hard to get,whereas before on Uno they were easy,Edan sometimes,orwen was difficult to ever get a pearl item to begin with. Too much demand not enough supply,well now all of those markets have merged. The thing you need to remember is there is always more demand in this game than supply,As you can see ,Or things wouldn't run out in the first place while items are still getting listed. Things are getting bought as they are posted,especially when it comes to black stone powder,I've bought over 60k bsp this week,how many have others bought? ,you are misunderstanding the market. People are literally sitting there spam clicking the first things that pop up in important categories...,all you have to do is watch important item counts go up day to day to prove your own self wrong -_-...,total sales. Read that one figure. Ignore any bias or opinion,just read that number,is it gaining every day significantly? thats all you need to know. take the lifespan of market + the max amount of that item,divide it by how long the markets been open so you know daily post count,then simply count the gain. the gain is steady. the market is in fact. Not dieing. i will await your calculator skills.

It's because we have less lifeskillers for shards and logs and rough stones and and and because all lifeskillers left cuz angry. Getting PK'ed while doing so.

absolutely false,the game is filled with more lifeskillers than anything else,even most pvpers have ranks above their head in lifeskills. 

in a way the vast majority of the game is life skilling untill the weekly pvp nw happens. or grinding. which in a way you can consider a life skill lol..Most people just refuse to accept the label 

Edited by Freeway

Posted

PVE channel would lead to more shards

Posted

PVE channel would lead to more shards

and I thought the whole BDO is PVE :P honestly I've only get chance of being murder at Sausan and that chance is like 1:10

Posted

I didn't know the younger generations were getting so gawd damned lazy that they can't take the time to spell common words correctly or you know read what they actually type before sending it. 

They're also too lazy to farm their own mats, it seems. ;) 

Posted

Blackstone powder is easy enough to make. Maybe I'll start a blackstone powder shop.

Posted

Nothing will happen until they do a massive banwave on all the fishbotters.

Posted

Every week a important item runs out, eventually only the things that can be mass produced with the highest profit margins will be left on the MP. For all the people who dont know, the following items use to have a abundand supply until one day the markets crashed

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

Logs 

rough stones

ogre rings 

weeds 

have always been sold out for the last 6 months at least if not since the first month of the game

Posted

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

First,it is not going down.

All the materials you listed ,are in very high demand.Blackstome powder for example is selling at least 200k-300k a DAY,all beacouse of trade packs( best cash proffit in game)

Please if you don,t have clue about game economy just ask don,t panic

Posted (edited)

• Blackstone powder

Buy crystals to grind or just farm crystals to grind, with certain crystals you're given around 50 BSP. I've been farming my energy up by getting knowledge on mobs, through a few hours of grinding I can get around 2-3k BSP.

• Blackstones

Farming once again, coupled with NV and tokens. 

• Logs

Axe meets tree.

• Rough stones

Pickaxe meets stone.

• Ogre rings

Rare item.

• Weeds

Hand meets gathering.

• Base bloods

Fluid collector meets dead body.

• Trace of savagery

Lynch Farm Ruins

• Magic tools

Rare item and seals.

• Hard shards
  • Sharp shards

Promotions quests and heating jewellery as well as gathering.

• Etc.

It's not the economy that's dying, you are just bad at the game. :) 

Edited by Plunge
3 people like this

Posted

A system like this is cancerous because there is no trade btw players everything must go through this market system making it impossible to trade rare item for rare item. U can only trade ur rare item for useless shit silver which makes everybody unwilling to sell their rare items.

Or maybe its just...

a rare item???

3 people like this

Posted

Still??

Posted

This will always happen in a restricted market with controlled (and often unrealistic) prices. Even at times when you could buy real rare items the whole thing is distorted. A good example is when we had this lovely boss armour event, when you could casually shop for your Bheg's and Giaths, and even Muskans (Tree armour was quite rare even then), and also at "cheaper" prices.

But how come this happened? Quite simply because those great BiS pieces were liquidated for some quick profit from all those players who never cared about that kind of gear. Once this was over, back to the normal stuff, with sky high pre-orders and RNG sniping. Same situation with almost everything else.

Once we get a blackstone event, there are a few 10s of thousands, at least, merrily sitting in the market at "bargain" prices. Once it is gone, oh well, they are gone too.

And obviously, unless someone is a fool or really doesn't care for some reason, who would place items in the market that are always in demand or hard to get / produce for a low price that doesn't represent that demand, rarity or effort? (prime example being hard / sharp stones and certain matts)

Well, to be fair; the last Play Your Way event was on February, those thousands of BS lasted for quite a bit, since it was only recently they ran out, would it be so outrageous to get an event every couple months? I mean, it encourages you to play the ----- outta the game, and the result lasts for weeks.

Posted

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

What are the average daily sales for each of those items in the last week?

How do those numbers compare to a month ago?

How about six months ago?

Just because something is sold out when you get to the MP doesn't mean nobody is selling it.  These were always items that people would mostly farm for themselves and not to sell.

Posted

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

Are you stoned? Since when you have abundant supply of those other than blackstones? lmao

Posted

I dont know what server you were from but those have all been sold out since release

Posted

Or...........most of us finally caved in and learned that the whole game isnt just grinding.

We now actually have to level our tradeskills and use those mats on a consistent basis in order to maximize our own personal income and gear levels.

So many.........there is just more demand. And also, possibly there are more players now of level or gear level that need those items as well.

I remember in my early to mid 50s, I didnt even care about browsing the MP for any kind of mats because I easily had enough saved up in my Warehouse. Once I started trying to get stronger gear, I burned through that stuff and was at the MP like everyone else, trying to buy up some more mats.

Factor in the events that were giving out chances at Ogre Rings, Blackstones etc have slowed down. So we burned through that inventory. And honestly we probably just got used to seeing those amounts on the MP because Kakao had the events going for so long to compensate for some of the sped up content releases.

Posted

at least the random disconnects are thriving in full force!

Posted (edited)

There's a infinite method to Black Stone Powder in BDO.

There's a calpheon vendor that sells unlimited green gems for silver, or you can buy and grind luck gems.

Enjoy. 

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

If you don't mind prices or energy, savagery is ez to get. Buy ain weapons from Ornella. http://bddatabase.net/us/npc/41002/ heat those and get your savagery. 
Blackstone powder is just ppl becoming lazy. Back in the day it was hard to sell if you didn't put minimum price xD

Blackstones are ppl being too accustomed to blackstone events without wanting to put up effort to get any, even though it's super easy (world bosses, daily + weekly scrolls + regular grind for examples)

Logs have always been sold out, since a lot want them but not as many want to gather them.

Rough stones, same as logs.

Weeds, easy to get. Just gather like with logs and rough stones (except that almost EVERYTHING you can gather with/without a hoe will give you weed as long as you gather barehanded).

Ogre rings? Are you fcking kidding me? xD. It's BiS accessory mate. Expect them to be sold out. It's a sign of a HEALTHY market, not a dying one. 

Base bloods, once again, ppl don't like to gather as much + a increase in price could help with ppl selling it. 

Savagery was above. 

Magic tools, rare by standard. You shouldn't get used to something just because we have an event that gives plenty of them :). Learn to stack up on stuff and if you want magic or lucky tools, start craft tools yourself via workshops. 

Hard and sharp shards again, ppl are too accustomed to events which give a higher rate of them. However especially for sharp and hard shards it's GOOD that they're not overflowing the market. Because ppl expect themselves rn to be TRI-TET (maybe even PEN 1-2 pieces?) after like 1-2 months of playing and that's just.... no. Not everyone and their grandma should be able to be "in the top" after just a short duration of playing without actually playing and instead relying on silver so they could buy it. 

I think you don't get that due to the market being sold out on a lot of these things, it's a good sign that the market is alive and well. I'd be way more scared if suddenly one of these was overflowing on the market and making it hard to sell. 

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

Posted

Yeah it seems more like supply is dying not the economy. We basically need more suppliers to sell there products on mp. However some items are so rare you can't expect them to be on supply all the time since they are rare.

Posted

The economy is dieing

what color?