• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The economy is dieing

137 posts in this topic

Posted

We need more meat and potatoesMeat-and-Potatoes.jpg

Posted

Not that I'm the guy to point it out, but I've noticed it alot in the forums here.. just a total lack of caring for proper spelling on the topic title.

I mean... don't people even try to spell it right?

Posted

"The economy is dying. Here are none of my statistics to back this up. Fix it please."

Posted (edited)

Every week a important item runs out, eventually only the things that can be mass produced with the highest profit margins will be left on the MP. For all the people who dont know, the following items use to have a abundand supply until one day the markets crashed

• Blackstone powder
  • Blackstones
  • Logs
  • Rough stones
  • Ogre rings
  • Weeds
  • Base bloods
  • Trace of savagery
  • Magic tools
  • Hard shards
  • Sharp shards
  • Etc.

Those items have been sold out consistently since launch.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

Many will bounce back when an event rolls around. Gathering and black stone events will flood the market with blood and blackstones. 

We shouldn't have to depend on black stone events to keep the market afloat. 

1 person likes this

Posted

ppl shouldn't get used to the rates events give.

Not that I'm the guy to point it out, but I've noticed it alot in the forums here.. just a total lack of caring for proper spelling on the topic title.

I mean... don't people even try to spell it right?

wht you maen? Not everione speak english
^ an example of how some respond. Here's another one: "omg whiteknight u defend Kakao!" if you mention their terrible spelling :') 

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing we need is market caps to go up honestly. When a burst of new players arrive to the game the flow of buying these essential resources become higher than ever, until those players quit or become "casuals" enough that they're not the buyers but the sellers. the cycle continues

Posted

"The economy is dying. Here are none of my statistics to back this up. Fix it please."

Oddly enough, I actually have some statistics, because I wrote down shards and concentrated stone sales last time we had this discussion.

**This is NA data**

Total sales of Hard Shards:

March 4: 868,255

April 28: 1,120,585

Difference:  252,330  or 4,350.5/day

Total sales of Sharp Shards:

March 4: 743,137

April 28: 967,848

Difference:  224,711 or 3,874.3/day

Total sales of Concentrated Armor Stones:

March 4: 445,420

April 28: 602,557

Difference:  157,137 or 2,709.3/day

Total sales of Concentrated Weapon Stones:

March 4: 318,179

April 28: 429,465

Difference: 111,286 or 1,918.7/day

That looks pretty healthy to me, considering it's a rare resource and most of the ones gathered are probably not sold at all.

The only thing we need is market caps to go up honestly. When a burst of new players arrive to the game the flow of buying these essential resources become higher than ever, until those players quit or become "casuals" enough that they're not the buyers but the sellers. the cycle continues

But so does the flow of acquiring these resources. If there are more people killing things, more black stones will drop. If there are more people gathering, so will more shards.  And so on.

1 person likes this

Posted

ppl shouldn't get used to the rates events give.

No they shouldn't. Personally I think the price for shards and such are too low. People are loaded with silver which is why all shards and concentrated stones are sold the second the bid timer is up. If the prices were increased we'd be seeing more of them on the market place after a few months when all the silver is slowly drained 

Posted

Quickest Fix for HARDS/SHARPS:  .. get P.A. to add a Tier4 Refinery just like we have tier 2 & 3 for making Blackstones

(and then go buff the drop rate of Crystals).

Regarding the rest of the market.... there is no quick fixes to the overall Supply dynamic.  Infact it's not just Manually gathered things that are in short supply b/c those things have ALWAYS been practically non-existant supply... but now TIMBER and even ORE that workers (yes Automated NPC wokrers) gather, is also in very low supply (infact I've started selling off the 90k of them I had warehoused all this time).    ...Green Crystals are generally always available so I've had no issues consistently making my own Black Powder ... but we could really use a higher Gardening seeding Drop rate when it comes to "Fruits of Crims/Abundance/etc.." b/c they're probably the most crucial part of making the next tier of Crystals.

Posted

But so does the flow of acquiring these resources. If there are more people killing things, more black stones will drop. If there are more people gathering, so will more shards.  And so on.

Blackstone's are no problem, sit in market for 3 mins and like 20 to 300 appear from registry. and you have to realize that new players aren't going to be farming for shards... they'll be grinding and using all their resources they find/get. let's say most of them want to catch up, what are they gonna do? go buy other people's resources until they realize that they need to make their own.

at that point they will usually quit, or get even more committed on advancing by making their own resources until they feel like they don't need those resources anymore and register them in the marketplace. the cycle continues 

Posted

So just so you know, the demand has always been there but the mitigating factor has always been the bidding system. Now that the bidding system has -----ed off just a bit, people can properly buy stones at a rate that makes sense.

Now we're just where we were before except that people cant' get stones because there aren't any to be gotten, rather than 1230981293 of them are locked for purchase because of bidding.

Same applies to everything else.

This is good. Very good, imo. It will push more players to go back to getting the ----- out and getting shit to create a more healthy economy overall now that the market is drained and there to be re-stimulated.

Posted (edited)

if they are sold out because people need them that's not the economy dying you imbecile, it would be dead if everything was at min price and never sold

MORON it's the exact OPPOSITE of the economy dying

ban this monkey

Sometimes I miss a downvote button. You calling him all sorts of names doesn't make you look very mature.

Edited by Medra
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

and you have to realize that new players aren't going to be farming for shards... they'll be grinding and using all their resources they find/get.

I don't grind anymore, I only Gather.  And I'm sitting on 70 hards & 30 sharps right now that I have no foreseeable use for in the near future.  But what exactly is my incentive to sell them?  Maybe if I got more Silver for them than I get making & selling a lousy Fishing Boat... ...Maybe if there was something that 300mil Silver can Buy us Lifskillers that ISN'T RELATED to mindless Mob gridning??   Maybe if I could Face-to-Face with the people I'm selling them to so that I atleast *feel something* from the transaction ...?   ...Maybe if the designers of this game actually knew d*** about MacroEconomics or atleast something about social validation...

My point: there needs to be some kind of urgency, some kind of Trade up for the tiny little portion of the populace that DOES gather, to want to part with these Crystal-Shards and their current Drop rate is just too low while there's no means of crafting them with any of the other materials you're overloaded with.... you're always double-guessing yourself on that day that SUDDENLY, YES ACTUALLY YOU WILL NEED THESE  ... so you hold onto them and just exacerbate the already preexisting condition of Perceived Scarcity b/c you know you won't be able to just buy them back again if you change your mind

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy is what it is

Edited by iller

Posted

Yeah exactly

I bet 99% the Ogre rings ppl have today come from welfare events

Posted

I had a 50k per log pre-order up and was still being outbid lol

Posted

i got one of those welfare boxes. There was no Ogre Ring. I feel lied to....lol

Posted

We need black stone event or permanent drop increase. We are at this point of the game where people enchant for TET and PEN.

Posted

the thing is, if they increase the drop rates then no-life/jobless will just out-perfrom those with an actual job by insurmountable margin. so I believe this is y they keeping everything extremely hard to get and control how much BiS gear is on the market by having a welfare economy.

Posted

the thing is, if they increase the drop rates then no-life/jobless will just out-perfrom those with an actual job by insurmountable margin. so I believe this is y they keeping everything extremely hard to get and control how much BiS gear is on the market by having a welfare economy.

The only way to balance no-lifers against some sort of-lifers is by having a hard max limit on drops.

Posted

I like the welfare economy.

Posted

The only way to balance no-lifers against some sort of-lifers is by having a hard max limit on drops.

then it would be meaningless to grind and ppl leave the game

the balance is tough to find, but first thing first they need to fix this broken economy 

Posted

i have more problem with BS than shard/hard, i make one upgrade par week, cuz i don't have enough BS ^^(for FS). 

And i'm slow for memory shard cuz i drop all my forbidden book.

Posted

Those things are meant to be sold out because our games economy and drop chances were designed around blackstone events and reward calendars. Its retarded i know.

Posted

While I can understand a somewhat controlled market, this goes too far. There's already a massive tax on goods put on the market so I believe the system needs to be reworked in order to have bigger upper and lower limits.

Please change this, theres too many items in this SANDBOX game that arent worth selling to others (usable scatling anyone?)

Leave the trading restrictions on but properly change how prices of items change

1 person likes this