• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How 1shotting monster is fun??

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I remember lvling in this game back in the day was fun, yep it allways has been a tedious grinding game but fighting monsters was somewhat fun.

Now after long time being off im back again and lvling on a new fresh account, i feel like the game lost all fun concerning combat. I play a lvl 40 Kuno with no jewelry, +0 weapon & +7 acc offhand (total 22 ap) and not a single skillpoint used. The result: I oneshot mobs over my lvl if i use skills, with normal attacks i can do almost the same, 2 or 3 and they are gone. i Mean whats the fun of this?? Why do i have like 30 skills to invest point and combine CC to apply effects if i use one of them and BOOM!!?? Seriously feels like you put your favourite action game and it only lets you play on Very easy with a 1 Hit KO trainer.

So I ask myself how do they make the awakening trailers fighting mobs for 10 secs even with stronger skills?? Becouse that what they sells to you, and thats for me is the fun about grinding monsters.

And please don´t tellme later it goes better, becouse i played a nice geared Sorc for so long and the endgame feels the same, maybe it get more interesting if you go Pila Ku and need to chain 2 main skills toghether instead of one...

I loved this game back in the day, it was just my perfect action combat MMO, but it feels completely different nowadays, there is no more fun to be had here for me i think :(

Edited by Fumaito

Posted

Too lvl 50 with low + gear is easy, then will be harder. 

Posted

Go with your ''nice geared sorc'' to hystria or akhman temple and lets see if you can 1-2 shot them x)

Good luck!

Posted

Now after long time being off im back again and lvling on a new fresh account, i feel like the game lost all fun concerning combat. I play a lvl 40 Kuno with no jewelry, +0 weapon & +7 acc offhand (total 22 ap) and not a single skillpoint used. The result: I oneshot mobs over my lvl if i use skills, with normal attacks i can do almost the same, 2 or 3 and they are gone. i Mean whats the fun of this?? Why do i have like 30 skills to invest point and combine CC to apply effects if i use one of them and BOOM!!?? Seriously feels like you put your favourite action game and it only lets you play on Very easy with a 1 Hit KO trainer.

1-shot over your level with 22AP?  What level is this, 8?  0.o

Posted

Later it goes better.

Posted

it's a trick cause u see a op char so you buy cash item on it ..after 55 lvl u see a witch /wizard kill all whit 1 skill and u change character again cause your class sux in pve

Posted

it's a trick cause u see a op char so you buy cash item on it ..after 55 lvl u see a witch /wizard kill all whit 1 skill and u change character again cause your class sux in pve

Something being superior isn't necessarily an indication that something else sucks.

Though I understand what you're trying to say.

Posted (edited)

The balance is way off. Normal game-play won't level past 56, you need to become a bot or quit like me. But when you first start you over-level content way too fast and can skip half the game while sleeping. It's such a mess. PA probably won't ever fix it (double xp weekend is a bandaid made of toilet paper).

Edited by Redfeather75

Posted

1-shot over your level with 22AP?  What level is this, 8?  0.o

Trustme i just lvled a sorc from 1 to 51 using a +0 Rosar, +0 Helrick and all the Talis jelwelry (accuracy) Total ap 22. Today i dinged 51 then decided to begin upgrade my gear. But killing in hexe santuary/Catfishman/Shrines are totally doable with +0 equipment and doesn't require any skillpoint either lol. I was shocked too in the process, how things has changed... I remember having bad times in the same areas having much better gear a year ago.

Posted

Trustme i just lvled a sorc from 1 to 51 using a +0 Rosar, +0 Helrick and all the Talis jelwelry (accuracy) Total ap 22. Today i dinged 51 then decided to begin upgrade my gear. But killing in hexe santuary/Catfishman/Shrines are totally doable with +0 equipment and doesn't require any skillpoint either lol. I was shocked too in the process, how things has changed... I remember having bad times in the same areas having much better gear a year ago.

well, ifI you're looking for a fight, then go to basilisk den early.  :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Level 40... You are basically still playing the Tutorial.

1 person likes this

Posted

i remember dieing alot to <violent> or <quick> elite enemies at several spots, from goblins near velia to balenos bears to red orcs and khurutos, sometimes even died to regular mobpacks at mid-level range because i decided to use unupgraded gear i just randomly found or got through quest rewards until around lvl ~45 and didnt really figure the combat system out. I even remember trying out 3-4 different classes to finally find one that had enough mobility & damage to kill the <violent> goblin elite soldier (he used to oneshot all of my alts with one of his attacks) and it felt like a great achievement. xD

So yeah i feel you something about this has changed dramatically at some point, but its not like anyone cares for those low level areas anyway, with the increased softcap of 56 and lvl 56 now basically being required to actually start playing your class, they just made everything pre 56 much easier and faster because a lot of casual players would never even reach their awakening otherwise.

Posted

I mean hearing how you guys say this, guessing you weren't in BDO during prelaunch of after it barely officially came out? They nerfed the mobs like twice or 3x because the community kept complaining, yes, I said it, people found them insanely hard, less HP on them, weaker defense, and damage that they dish out.

Heck I remember having to actually focus down the elite manes back then on my valk dashing and blocking, now its, 1-2 skills and everything in front of me is dead, despite having +15 full gear at the time when it was the cap for us.

1 person likes this

Posted

I also felt this as a new player, that the game was a tad too easy :-) The combat system feels a bit meh. Animations, skills , etc are really great, but the the mobs are all or nothing. Either they wreck you, or they just tickle you for the most part. That said:

While basilisks and centaurs suck for xp, they are fun for a challenge. Just hit my 200 DP 115 AP mark, with 90 AP awakened, and clearing large groups of centaurs is a lot of fun:D Never understood the in game mentality that we have to fight things that are easy all the time. 

So try going valencia instead of yologrinding Sausans once you hit 56+ and maybe you'll find what you seek=) 

Posted

LOL pila ku isn't the end of it man. There's 60+ mobs in akhman and hysteria. That's where the real test of solo grind starts.

Posted

Level 40... You are basically still playing the Tutorial.

This.

or fight centaurs.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0