• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lets create petitions for kr publisher/devs.

50 posts in this topic

Posted

WIth all those topics about dc, lags, tamer/warrior,valc bugs there is no answer. Its like we fighting against the wall. Lets make a petition and send it to kr publisher/devs. Lets make them clear this shithole. We can also threaten to sue them, so that they react faster.9_9 I would love to create petition myself, but im bad at english is not my native language. Come on let's give it a try,

2 people like this

Posted

The only thing that could potentially help is some big MMO news site making an article about PAs bad management ... Daum as a publisher, sh_it servers and so on.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

The only thing that could potentially help is some big MMO news site making an article about PAs bad management ... Daum as a publisher, sh_it servers and so on.

Make a petition, get alot of votes. Send it to kr Daum + contact some news sites.

Edited by Sinderlok

Posted

People make petitions all the time.  They largely don't do anything.  TBH PA is more than aware of the issues.  So is Kashkow. 

Not sure there is any way to force them to act.

3 people like this

Posted

let's leave a bag of dog poo on their front doorstep! 

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

People make petitions all the time.  They largely don't do anything.  TBH PA is more than aware of the issues.  So is Kashkow. 

Just need to make some noise, not just whining about this only on forums

Contact game news sites(they love this kind of stuff). Send petition to Daum, emails to devs, Create some topics on their forums to get sympathy from kr players and get them start to talk about that on their forum. Couple of big topics will be enough.

Edited by Sinderlok

Posted

If you expect any changes to happen, any recognition based on how most of you kids act, you're goofed.
Most of you don't make worthy, structured posts worth reading or going over.
You scream for balance but don't elaborate on what you feel is broken.
You scream for performance but don't provide your current setup as a potential source of your problem.
You scream for all these things but don't present them in a nature that would help very many developers(at least the ones I know) make healthy changes for the game that more than YOU play.

You want things to change? Start with changing how you handle issues, errors and bugs. Provide information, strong evidence and situational applications.
Most of you want certain things to be buffed and nerfed but aren't aware how that has an outcome on other builds because you're either completely ignorant to the class as a whole or only run one build that you deem viable, someone like that is not worthy of depicting what is balanced and what isn't.

As for the performance? Yeah, i've been experiencing some issues with certain channels, but disconnecting has been 100% rectified. So has reloading, all because i fixed an error in my own network/isp. Service providers won't tune anything to compensate for your problems alone. They make changes for the masses and those that are left out are left with two choices. Fix their situation or well, end up coming here and blaming them. You can try to sue, it won't work. You can try to get the news to make the game dead or whatever, many have tried, it won't work. you can try to scream as loudly as you want but it still won't work.
At the end of the day? You're going to need to work for what you want.

Revolutions aren't built on laziness.

7 people like this

Posted

We can draw attention of news sites. Just need to make some noise, not just whining about this only on forums

there's probably better ways to sabotage BDO than a petition.

For starters maybe u could get IGN to do a hit piece on BDO. 

Posted

That or they are working on them. As a developer it's not always an easy fix. Some of my functions have taken WEEKS to correct and get running, especially in the existence of code that already functions.
Each time have to stop what i'm doing to tell people exactly what i'm working on and what progress i've made, i'm breaking my coding zen, which increases the time in which i'll have to get refocused and thus, draw the project/effort out longer.

Posted

You want things to change? Start with changing how you handle issue

Finally some good advice! Like for example, if you don't like RPers: just kill them all. Easy. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

That or they are working on them. As a developer it's not always an easy fix. Some of my functions have taken WEEKS to correct and get running, especially in the existence of code that already functions.
Each time have to stop what i'm doing to tell people exactly what i'm working on and what progress i've made, i'm breaking my coding zen, which increases the time in which i'll have to get refocused and thus, draw the project/effort out longer.

The thing is. valc bug with shield was fixed on kr the first day. Our version still didnt get fix. Latest patch broke warrior because some idiot didnt include kr fix in it.(btw warriors was fixed after a week on kr)

Edited by Sinderlok

Posted

We can draw attention of news sites. Just need to make some noise, not just whining about this only on forums

There isn't anything interesting for news sites to pick up here.

There was a little exposure over the fake p2w riot that happened, but the average reader(on those external sites) said everyone here was overreacting(cause other games do the same thing). And even that coverage was really isolated to MMO specific sites.

Lots of games have bugs, lots of games have bad balance or crummy servers. The outside world doesn't care too much about  BDO. For  Honors bad servers got press since its a multiplatform game from Ubisoft, that gets peoples attention.  BDO, not so much.

I think the vast majority of people know that.  However, as people have said time and time again since forever, they stay pretty quiet about everything. And devs don't need to make posts themselves ofc.  But that starts to move off-topic.

Posted

The thing is. valc big with shield was fixed on kr the first day. Our version still didnt get fix. Latest patch broke warrior because some idiot didnt include kr fix in it.(btw warriors was fixed after a week on kr)

You know this because you've seen the code? Or...

I think the vast majority of people know that.  However, as people have said time and time again since forever, they stay pretty quiet about everything. And devs don't need to make posts themselves ofc.  But that starts to move off-topic.

Well what exactly is it that they expect?
Personally? when i'm updating code,  if i don't need to tell people more than the surface features that have been applied, i don't tell people shit. I have more work to get back to. I don't know of too many developers that aren't like this. Is there a bit more they could tell us? Yeah. But to what extent based on the trend they've been following?  You know the one. The Find out for oneself trend.

Finally some good advice! Like for example, if you don't like RPers: just kill them all. Easy. 

Or block them so you don't have to be typing essays and shit.
The only essay i want to be typing starts with declaring variables.

Posted

Or block them so you don't have to be typing essays and shit.The only essay i want to be typing starts with declaring variables.

Can't just put a bandaid over this problem. Gotta pull it out by its roots. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You know this because you've seen the code? Or...

Its easy. All those bugs originaly were on kr server, they got fix. We recieved patch without a fix. Talk to any eng speaking player on kr server. Ask him to show valc block or warrior greatsword swap. You will see difference. I dont want to start talk about servers, but why kr servers so much better than ours? When i played there i didnt have any dc or lags.

Edited by Sinderlok

Posted

Eh. I feel like any feedback is good feedback. Granted, a lot of the feedback on these forums are just "this game's stupid make it less stupid hurrrr" which isn't anything anyone can take from but to say that consumers need to actually come up with ways to fix technical issues or balancing issues isn't entirely fair or realistic. 

Posted (edited)

I've already sent out some letters and videos. Hopefully it reaches Pearl Abyss and they intervene on our behalf. Kakao is ultimately responsible for giving Pearl Abyss a bad name. This may impact any future titles they want to bring to NA/EU.

So you guys know Daum no longer exists. They changed their name to Daum-Kakao and later to just Kakao.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakao

Edited by Stabby

Posted

Its easy. All those bugs originaly were on kr server, they got fix. We recieved patch without a fix.

You know this because you've seen the code..? or.
A lot of code that was a part of the KR client came over native when we got our client, and wasn't in the patch notes.
This is often caused by developers forgetting to add to what are now new patch notes for NA, what is already pre-existing and native in the game code when the patch comes over, or devs not willing to disclose the information. I am not sure which one it is.

Talk to any eng speaking player on kr server. Ask him to show valc block or warrior greatsword swap. You will see difference. I dont want to start talk about servers, but why kr servers so much better than ours? When i played there i didnt have any dc or lags.

Their "Servers" are better than "Ours" because their countries network(overall) is better than ours due to it's size. This applies to all technologically advanced countries with sustained backbone networks.
Less distance for bullshit to happen OTW when we're talking TTT is around 37k miles, and that's not even taking into consideration people who live in cities which are small enough to support full backbone access.
Even then, most of the people you see streaming etc. probably have their network configurations not plague ridden. Most of us do. I did for a while and upon fixing that, fixed all my dc/reload/etc. issues. I have a very extensive background in physical networking but missed a simple as ----- issue in my network(EMI). It can happen to anyone.
Other than that, there could be millions of reasons why "their servers are better than ours"
But that would imply that they are running different hardware of which, i don't know.

I've already sent out some letters and videos. Hopefully it reaches Pearl Abyss and they intervene on our behalf. Kakao is ultimately responsible for giving Pearl Abyss a bad name. This may impact any future titles they want to bring to NA/EU.

So you guys know Daum no longer exists. They changed their name to Daum-Kakao and later to just Kakao.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakao

Yeah but you're more than likely the last person they want to interact with. Most of your posts are exactly as i've described them. Whiny with no suitable information to incite a worthy change.
Not to offend, of course.

Posted

let's leave a bag of dog poo on their front doorstep! 

BURRRRRRNNNNNNN THE HERETICS AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHH

Posted

I had too much pasta, damn you Alfredo, what is this place. 

Posted

Which they'll never do because the they'll get shunned by the company for any future titles

Posted

You could all just stop playing. 1 week of empty servers and zero cash shop sales would go a lot further then idle threats and silly petitions. You all too lazy or enamored to bother though.

Internet tough guys...... lol.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you expect any changes to happen, any recognition based on how most of you kids act, you're goofed.
Most of you don't make worthy, structured posts worth reading or going over.
You scream for balance but don't elaborate on what you feel is broken.
You scream for performance but don't provide your current setup as a potential source of your problem.
You scream for all these things but don't present them in a nature that would help very many developers(at least the ones I know) make healthy changes for the game that more than YOU play.

You want things to change? Start with changing how you handle issues, errors and bugs. Provide information, strong evidence and situational applications.
Most of you want certain things to be buffed and nerfed but aren't aware how that has an outcome on other builds because you're either completely ignorant to the class as a whole or only run one build that you deem viable, someone like that is not worthy of depicting what is balanced and what isn't.

As for the performance? Yeah, i've been experiencing some issues with certain channels, but disconnecting has been 100% rectified. So has reloading, all because i fixed an error in my own network/isp. Service providers won't tune anything to compensate for your problems alone. They make changes for the masses and those that are left out are left with two choices. Fix their situation or well, end up coming here and blaming them. You can try to sue, it won't work. You can try to get the news to make the game dead or whatever, many have tried, it won't work. you can try to scream as loudly as you want but it still won't work.
At the end of the day? You're going to need to work for what you want.

Revolutions aren't built on laziness.

I petition to sticky this post on every page of these forums.

I understand frustration that many long-time players face, I understand you want to see the results of spending money on the game. But lurking and seeing/reading these forums topics are often times cringy due to what War pointed out. Maybe I'm naive but I think being a nicer community would probably help our publisher's willingness to address our concerns. A lot of these topics are very anger-driven as opposed/in addition to constructive criticism.

Again, I see both sides of the fence, but War is pretty accurate.

Edited by Mharten

Posted (edited)

People make petitions all the time.  They largely don't do anything.

Yeah Petitions don't do shit.  The only things that actually gets any results at all are letter Writing campaigns and COVERAGE of the issue in big "industry"-read Media.  A prime example of this in action was YouTube recently had a hit job put on it by the Wallstreet Journal, not once but TWICE and as a result it gave cover to all the Biggest companies who want cheaper advertising b/c the big Marketing firms they have to use, were exploiting google/youtube/FB with Bots to artificially inflate their Views/Clicks. (and WSJ gave them an excuse to pull their stupid little boycott to make ads cheap again by sticking it to the creators instead of the people who actually scammed most of the money out of the system)

Edited by iller

Posted

Thanks for those compliments :)
I may not be the considered one of the nicer people on these forums though LOL.