• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lets create petitions for kr publisher/devs.

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks for those compliments :)
I may not be the considered one of the nicer people on these forums though LOL.

But you are speaking sense though.

I can't really speak on a coder's point of view since I'm only a novice at best. But I think if we did all these huge petitions and it was affecting their outward appearance poorly, in turn making them nervous, I think they'd just try to throw any crap out there to let off some of the pressure from an angry mob.

The idea on constructive criticism makes more sense. We want them to know that we are willing to support more and help with said issues, IF they're willing to listen.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you expect any changes to happen, any recognition based on how most of you kids act, you're goofed.
Most of you don't make worthy, structured posts worth reading or going over.
You scream for balance but don't elaborate on what you feel is broken.
You scream for performance but don't provide your current setup as a potential source of your problem.
You scream for all these things but don't present them in a nature that would help very many developers(at least the ones I know) make healthy changes for the game that more than YOU play.

You want things to change? Start with changing how you handle issues, errors and bugs. Provide information, strong evidence and situational applications.
Most of you want certain things to be buffed and nerfed but aren't aware how that has an outcome on other builds because you're either completely ignorant to the class as a whole or only run one build that you deem viable, someone like that is not worthy of depicting what is balanced and what isn't.

As for the performance? Yeah, i've been experiencing some issues with certain channels, but disconnecting has been 100% rectified. So has reloading, all because i fixed an error in my own network/isp. Service providers won't tune anything to compensate for your problems alone. They make changes for the masses and those that are left out are left with two choices. Fix their situation or well, end up coming here and blaming them. You can try to sue, it won't work. You can try to get the news to make the game dead or whatever, many have tried, it won't work. you can try to scream as loudly as you want but it still won't work.
At the end of the day? You're going to need to work for what you want.

Revolutions aren't built on laziness.

Jesus this guy is still around, I thought the white knights all died.

3 people like this

Posted

Jesus this guy is still around, I thought the white knights all died.

Ain't going no where. I love this game and it's community, even the all the knobheads including myself.

PS. I'm a Black Knight.

Posted

Which they'll never do because the they'll get shunned by the company for any future titles

Not like Kakao uses anyone other than Dual Shockers anyway.

Posted

We can also threaten to sue them

"Dear Kakao KR, if you don't send me money so that I can afford a better internet connection I will sue you!"

Hope that helps with your petition! :) 

Posted

my petition mmm "Tights"(underwear)
V4Ox0Z7.thumb.png.7cd3cf4d60d9f2cc042042

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

my petition mmm "Tights"(underwear)

I'm afraid they would just copy+paste the data directly from vindictus, and end up breaking something else in the game completely unrelated to underwear.

But I sure would appreciate more, uhh... character customization options.

Edited by Blossora
1 person likes this

Posted

We need AI companions.

Posted

If you want something done about it organize it.

Collect the data (there's tons of it) present it to the masses, and then from there you can send letters to game sites, GMs, form petition and attempt boycott. 

Posted

You know this because you've seen the code..? or.
A lot of code that was a part of the KR client came over native when we got our client, and wasn't in the patch notes.
This is often caused by developers forgetting to add to what are now new patch notes for NA, what is already pre-existing and native in the game code when the patch comes over, or devs not willing to disclose the information. I am not sure which one it is.

Their "Servers" are better than "Ours" because their countries network(overall) is better than ours due to it's size. This applies to all technologically advanced countries with sustained backbone networks.Less distance for bullshit to happen OTW when we're talking TTT is around 37k miles, and that's not even taking into consideration people who live in cities which are small enough to support full backbone access.
Even then, most of the people you see streaming etc. probably have their network configurations not plague ridden. Most of us do. I did for a while and upon fixing that, fixed all my dc/reload/etc. issues. I have a very extensive background in physical networking but missed a simple as ----- issue in my network(EMI). It can happen to anyone.
Other than that, there could be millions of reasons why "their servers are better than ours"
But that would imply that they are running different hardware of which, i don't know.

Yeah but you're more than likely the last person they want to interact with. Most of your posts are exactly as i've described them. Whiny with no suitable information to incite a worthy change.Not to offend, of course.

I would like to ask you something because you're someone who seems to know a lot. You know Pearl Abyss/Kakao/both(not sure) held a tournament before revealing Striker and the other new content that was to come. They provided the players with computers and LAN connection and still there were a lot of moments players desynced.
At that point you couldn't blame internet/isp, computer setups, faulty channels, open world. No, they were having pvp in a server separate from the main one where the rest of the KR players were playing on.

Orca was commentating on that Kakao hosted tournament. Thousands of people saw desync pvp right in Kakao's home, not in open world, no, right in the arena.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134175996
00:12:50
00:16:05
00:23:35

So how come you're so quick to judge other players, calling them out for their "bad" internet, computer or both, while there's desync Even in arena on Local Area Network connection where computers are so close to eachother. How come?

Lemme tell you something, I live in EU, here we have one of the best internet you can find in the entire world, glass fiber or not, bad/decent/great computer setup, desync still happens and it will always happen no matter what you do. It is Not in the player's hands. You can do a basic research, go to Twitch and watch NA, EU and KR streamers and you'll see there's a BIG Noticeable difference between our version and KR's version. It is not our job to fix that, it's Kakao's and we have the right to have what KR players have.

(Yes, I'm calling you out for being a braindead White Knight)

6 people like this

Posted

i would like also a petition for showing all hidden stats  ingame like accuracy or evasion, and ofc faster bug fixes especially class skills bugs!

Posted

dc/reload/etc. issues. I have a very extensive background in physical networking but missed a simple as ----- issue in my network(EMI). It can happen to anyone

You missed EMI? You mean something incredibly basic that's covered early on when you're getting into Desktop Support and Networking..? Iirc, it's in the first few units for the A+ cert alongside ESD. Either way, that's incredibly basic and you should never miss that. If anything, that can be a huge discredit to who you claim to be LOL

I would like to ask you something because you're someone who seems to know a lot. You know Pearl Abyss/Kakao/both(not sure) held a tournament before revealing Striker and the other new content that was to come. They provided the players with computers and LAN connection and still there were a lot of moments players desynced.
At that point you couldn't blame internet/isp, computer setups, faulty channels, open world. No, they were having pvp in a server separate from the main one where the rest of the KR players were playing on.

Orca was commentating on that Kakao hosted tournament. Thousands of people saw desync pvp right in Kakao's home, not in open world, no, right in the arena.

So how come you're so quick to judge other players, calling them out for their "bad" internet, computer or both, while there's desync Even in arena on Local Area Network connection where computers are so close to eachother. How come?

Lemme tell you something, I live in EU, here we have one of the best internet you can find in the entire world, glass fiber or not, bad/decent/great computer setup, desync still happens and it will always happen no matter what you do. It is Not in the player's hands. You can do a basic research, go to Twitch and watch NA, EU and KR streamers and you'll see there's a BIG Noticeable difference between our version and KR's version. It is not our job to fix that, it's Kakao's and we have the right to have what KR players have.

I've been arguing about this for quite a few months since I started watching KR streams. The end result isn't just poor network infrastructure for the company or the country you live in, but the poor netcode worked into this game. PA did C9 before BDO, so I'm absolutely confused as to why the netcode is so poor. You'd think a team of seasoned MMO vets with at least one other big (I guess?) game under their belt, this would have been avoided. It's also  possible that they just copypasted it over from that game. From what I can see in videos, it's not as intricately involved as BDO in terms of action combat, so that might explain why there's so much of an issue in pvp? Or they just cut corners during development to get the game out as fast as possible to start raking in cash. 

Posted

Regarding desync, i think its because the client is coded so that it allows all commands form pc to go thorough even if hes cc'd like kd,stun etc. so if a guy spams different commands like wasd when hit you will see him in different place sometimes.

Posted

It's a waste of time for you to argue to these guys. I highly doubt Kakao hire some douches in this forum so that they behave like a white knight forever.

I can find some examples from this topic. Quoted below:

If you expect any changes to happen, any recognition based on how most of you kids act, you're goofed.
Most of you don't make worthy, structured posts worth reading or going over.
You scream for balance but don't elaborate on what you feel is broken.
You scream for performance but don't provide your current setup as a potential source of your problem.
You scream for all these things but don't present them in a nature that would help very many developers(at least the ones I know) make healthy changes for the game that more than YOU play.

You want things to change? Start with changing how you handle issues, errors and bugs. Provide information, strong evidence and situational applications.
Most of you want certain things to be buffed and nerfed but aren't aware how that has an outcome on other builds because you're either completely ignorant to the class as a whole or only run one build that you deem viable, someone like that is not worthy of depicting what is balanced and what isn't.

As for the performance? Yeah, i've been experiencing some issues with certain channels, but disconnecting has been 100% rectified. So has reloading, all because i fixed an error in my own network/isp. Service providers won't tune anything to compensate for your problems alone. They make changes for the masses and those that are left out are left with two choices. Fix their situation or well, end up coming here and blaming them. You can try to sue, it won't work. You can try to get the news to make the game dead or whatever, many have tried, it won't work. you can try to scream as loudly as you want but it still won't work.
At the end of the day? You're going to need to work for what you want.

Revolutions aren't built on laziness.

You will find this guys, yes, the guy with name WAR, always always defend for the company, for whatever topics, and whatever complains. Is it funny? 

If you read his post and at the same time treat him like a company employee (or just a GM), every thing makes so much sense.

Posted (edited)

People should be more structured with their posts- really all you need to do is to be concise, sometimes people are and sometimes they aren't. Pigeonholing everyone who criticizes Kakao/pearl abyss/BDO as churlish is flat out wrong. People say what they want, the company either thinks they know better, or don't, and either proceed to change what they listened to, or don't. Giving long, proper responses take time, and it's not necessary for anyone to be overly polite just to get a point across. Anyone deciding to shelve ideas simply because they're deemed as having been delivered "not nice enough" places too much value on politeness.

Making pvp in this game more skillful is a simple matter, they don't need to make it convoluted, but I and others have been saying the same things and have known about them for some time- PvP is a mess, the gear difference is a little too much, the RNG and farming to get the damn gear is way too much, the RNG in pvp ruins most of the integrity that the PvP has. This isn't difficult to fix, people have many other games to go off of, but would the community support such things? I'm doubtful, people still don't understand holistic views or reasoning behind why planned economies are bad, and they don't understand the crux of the issue, which is skill. Not everyone, but a lot of people are the same people that think seeing a low-skill champion like Garen in professional League of Legends play is impressive because "it's new and not the same FOTM" while they spit in disdain at Zed, even though while Zed has the issue of being bloated and getting results without much skill- has a much higher skill cap which is seen in play. But the community by majority cares mostly about other things instead of advocating skillful gameplay, including buying elo-boosts on their ranked ladder so they can boast to others about how skilled they are on a game that's very skillful, when it's not.

There's lag issues galore in this game, V and repeat V spamming when it's off cooldown, (but everything else not lagging and keeping up) not working, using dashes or i-frames and when it's .30+ of seconds into the action you get hit and die anyways or rubberband. Some of this is always going to exist unless lag can be removed altogether but most people notice it's worse than it should be and it's not just them and their ISP. The PvP being inundated by RNG is made overwhelmingly bad by the lag, at least if it was mostly player-side lag then anyone with reliable connection would most of the time be able to hit someone, then check if it actually landed and go in, with this lag even if you do that the next thing you'll know is that they teleported six or more feet on the ground- but they're still knocked down... except a lot of time was wasted on the damage.

PvP is such a mess that it's best to keep it simple and say the RNG in pvp shouldn't be there. A PvP break with immunity would be nice, too, as well as further looks into class balance because classes tend to be simplistic. PvP and RNG/class balance can be elaborated on but it's not necessary.

The movement and all of that in this game is good, the actual aiming instead of tab-targeting, (which has tradeoffs) is there, but it's all dragged down by other issues which aren't difficult to solve.

Also dyes shouldn't be attached to pearl items like the value pack, certainly not the way it is anyways.

Edited by Nyhver

Posted

Personally I don't enjoy comparing korean anything that happens over there to what happens over here as it's all different. Where I don't deny that the client / server architecture is 100% lag free, There are some basic aspects to keep in mind about client sever architecture;

1. Creating a lag free game is very difficult.
  2. Most issues will be on the end of the user and in most cases, fine tuning on the server/servernetwork will eventually amount to correcting the end users problem but inevitability cause more issues for more end users, it's the push and pull effect.
  3. Creating a lag free game is very difficult.

Many who have spent time handling net code that interfaces hundreds if not thousands of entities at once will know exactly what i mean.

On the flip side, i like to dedicate much of my time figuring out why things aren't working as they should be. A big reason why I hammer people about their personal networking and computing is the entry level notion that If it isn't happening for everyone it's not the server.

A lot of the same issues people are having with their connection to the servers, I've either had at one point and rectified or not had at all.

Lemme tell you something, I live in EU, here we have one of the best internet you can find in the entire world, glass fiber or not, bad/decent/great computer setup, desync still happens and it will always happen no matter what you do.

Saying this to any wireshark kiddie is going to trigger the same face i'm making right now.
Hint, it's not an impressed one. You'd be surprised. You'd be surprised.

You can do a basic research, go to Twitch and watch NA, EU and KR streamers and you'll see there's a BIG Noticeable difference between our version and KR's version. It is not our job to fix that, it's Kakao's and we have the right to have what KR players have.

This isn't incorrect, actually. There is a big difference, and if you have read my post the reason would stick out. I'd love to have the NA/US servers optimized to better handle the network level cause of desync, but that's not the only aspect that causes the desync. A majority of it is indeed, on the end users. Expecting the service to optimize for each and every one of it's clients, makes no sense when the clients could optimize to handle the server. As a Gamer, why are you not doing what needs to be done to keep up with what it is you want to do? You scream for optimum performance but don't incite it yourself. Okay.

You missed EMI? You mean something incredibly basic that's covered early on when you're getting into Desktop Support and Networking..? Iirc, it's in the first few units for the A+ cert alongside ESD. Either way, that's incredibly basic and you should never miss that. If anything, that can be a huge discredit to who you claim to be LOL

You clearly don't work in IT or you're a perfect child? I'm not sure. If you are a perfect child, good on ya bud.
Most of us IT lads that I know miss things all the time. I could go into why it was something i'd missed but I don't feel any more interaction with you is worth my time.
Have a nice one kiddo.

You will find this guys, yes, the guy with name WAR, always always defend for the company, for whatever topics, and whatever complains. Is it funny? 

If you read his post and at the same time treat him like a company employee (or just a GM), every thing makes so much sense.

I don't work with Kakao or Pearl abyss or any of them. And there are things about the game i dislike, i just don't scream about them on the forums as they aren't as important to me as you kids having the incompetence in regards to fixing your own situations and problems.

I don't defend the company. I speak logic and reason in regards to my experiences throughout life. Much of those experiences come from working in the field i work in. Sorry if that's hard to understand, i don't know what it's like for people who haven't had high end careers, I've always had one. Have a nice rest of your weekend though.

Posted

You clearly don't work in IT or you're a perfect child? I'm not sure. If you are a perfect child, good on ya bud.Most of us IT lads that I know miss things all the time. I could go into why it was something i'd missed but I don't feel any more interaction with you is worth my time.
Have a nice one kiddo.

Oh, look at you, Mr. I-Miss-the-Basics-And-Yet-I'm-Gonna-Look-Down-My-Nose-At-Others. I'm not a perfect child. I'm just not an incompetent who forgets the basics, unlike you.

I mean, you come on the forum and tote your apparent knowledge of things, yet somehow you miss something so basic.

2 people like this

Posted

You could all just stop playing. 1 week of empty servers and zero cash shop sales would go a lot further then idle threats and silly petitions. You all too lazy or enamored to bother though.

Internet tough guys...... lol.

I've been wondering why people don't simply put in a ticket explaining why they have been forced to stop playing and quit BDO if they experience lag/ disconnects/etc. 

They should provide detailed information on their PC builds, physical location, isp, internet package, speed test to NA server location, whether they connect via wi-do or Ethernet, which channels and times the desync or lagged occurred, whether the lag was during node wars and the approximate density of players around them, etc.

That would actually be helpful.

Saying "fix your servers, Kakao" on the forums gives  them no tools to work with.

I am not doing this because the game runs smooth for me. Clearly it doesn't for some people, and providing proper information in a ticket is the only realistic way to solve the issue.

Posted

Its just an unknown game, you cant preassure anyone with those problems, ppl be like "wtf is bdo, i dont give a shit" or "wtf is bdo not even gonna bother to care"

Posted

The only way of hurting the company is to make sure that a large news organisation takes interests in your request and make an article about it.  That way the shareholders will drop out and the stock rating will go down...They won't change shit if it doesn't hurt their income. 

Posted

Sorry if that's hard to understand, i don't know what it's like for people who haven't had high end careers, I've always had one. Have a nice rest of your weekend though.

Wow,  high end careers. I don't know that thing. I am only a poor software engineer.

Posted

Wow,  high end careers. I don't know that thing. I am only a poor software engineer.

It might hurt me more than it seems like I "boast" about it.
I don't know what it's like to work retail, so i couldn't imagine the type of bullshit they have to deal with.
I also don't know what it's like to answer call center. Not saying those aren't high end careers. Clearly, I was being a ----- in that post intentionally.
At the end of it, i don't think i'm better than the next, just another dude.

Posted

I don't defend the company. I speak logic and reason in regards to my experiences throughout life. Much of those experiences come from working in the field i work in. Sorry if that's hard to understand, i don't know what it's like for people who haven't had high end careers, I've always had one. Have a nice rest of your weekend though.

That's all you said, and all I read. 

Like I don't care whatever high end careers you have, I only stated that I don't have. Thanks for your funny posts.

Now, you said: Oh I got hurt. 

It might hurt me more than it seems like I "boast" about it.

Wow, you are so fragile. The guy who made the first post got hurt by my words "Wow,  high end careers. I don't know that thing. I am only a poor software engineer".  

You said I hurt you and expect an apologize?  Let's stop here. People will read it by themselves.

It's a valuable experience for me, since I made my first talk to high end career guys in my life. Thank you so much. 

Posted

That's all you said, and all I read. 

Like I don't care whatever high end careers you have, I only stated that I don't have. Thanks for your funny posts.

Now, you said: Oh I got hurt. 

Wow, you are so fragile. The guy who made the first post got hurt by my words "Wow,  high end careers. I don't know that thing. I am only a poor software engineer".  

You said I hurt you and expect an apologize?  Let's stop here. People will read it by themselves.

It's a valuable experience for me, since I made my first talk to high end career guys in my life. Thank you so much. 

Allow me to clarify.
Not having the experience of being on call center or a cashier for may hurt more than having that experience does, i wasn't talking emotional.
Seeing as that's what you saw initially, i'm not entirely interested in continuing conversation with you, as you seem like YAT(Yet Another Troll), out for any type or response to get you off- i'm not interested. Cheers.

Posted (edited)

You vote with your Wallet

STOP VOTING FOR PEARL/KAKAO

Edited by feebleone