• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Keep playing Maehwa pre-awakened after 56?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone !

I've been playing Maehwa for quite some time now and I loved it pre-awakening but honestly since I awakened I don't like it that much..

Basically I miss the side-steps and it feels way slower..

So, how dumb would that be to just keep playing pre-awakened at 56 ?

I want to know the downsides of that because I'm not having fun with the Kerispear.. :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The blade is  used to cc , buff or debuff your enemy , dash cancel etc so .......

Im sorry but i dont think that is a viable option if you dont like the awakening since its your main tool to develop damage.

We talked about this point in other post so in resume  the maewha start to shine at lvl 59 before that lvl you can barelly do something usefull .

Edited by CrazyEsP

Posted

I see ! That's too bad :/

Thank you for the answer, I guess I'll have to find another class awakened who's as dynamic as Maehwa-pre ^^!

Posted

If you like the side stepping and being dynamic you should try Musa. 

Posted

Thank you for the answer, I guess I'll have to find another class awakened who's as dynamic as Maehwa-pre ^^!

I mean...there's nothing particularly wrong with being subpar on damage as long as you're having fun.  Unless you plan to PvP, then it would be a pretty big problem.

I would consider tamer, they experience a change in playstyle too, but really you're only adding to your kit.  You still rely on a lot of pre-awakening to deal damage with that class.

Spear for maehwa is what makes me hesitant to continue leveling it as well.  I wanted them to get something else.

This is an idea as well, even though the weapons have similar appearance, there are a lot of particulars about each style that makes them different.

Posted (edited)

you welcome but like Angwar said 

you should try musa and you dont need to change any gear ( just the awakening).

Edited by CrazyEsP

Posted

Wow, thanks a lot for your advices everyone, I will probably try Musa then I watched some stuff and that looks like what I'm looking for ! :D

Cheers !

Posted

Hello everyone !

I've been playing Maehwa for quite some time now and I loved it pre-awakening but honestly since I awakened I don't like it that much..

Basically I miss the side-steps and it feels way slower..

So, how dumb would that be to just keep playing pre-awakened at 56 ?

I want to know the downsides of that because I'm not having fun with the Kerispear.. :(

I feel the same way. The Kerispear feels like a massive nerf compared to the pre-awakened blade. 

It's not exciting.

It doesn't let you use Tigerblade.

It's standing still and poking.

It's immobile.

I abandoned Maehwa after I tried its awakening...

Posted

I feel the same way. The Kerispear feels like a massive nerf compared to the pre-awakened blade

It's not exciting.

It doesn't let you use Tigerblade.

It's standing still and poking.

It's immobile.

I abandoned Maehwa after I tried its awakening...

Here my feelings.

Kerispear is a noway a nerf from previous playstyle, it allow us to be somewhat a brawler(limited version) as previously we where only a hit and run class even on 1v1 trying to safe cc with bow or dashdashdash and atking on a random manner...now we can do much more to just hit and run playstyle on 1v1.Clearly i dont miss the so called ancient days.

Im a fan boys from the first day i picked her (from last year may)with a little break on her here and here to try different class,then warrior awk came i switched.....then maewha awk came i switched back,i had difficulties on transition but we dont had it as easy as it is now,i remember when its was not possible to get out of the shield block without royal rage and be forced to watch your toon's guard slowly break hit after hit and then the health when you knew from the begining your toon was doomed.Sticky snowflake with lower atk speed,the only way to not break your cc chain  on sticky snowflake>moonrise was to do the combo on stun nowadays a simple stiff is enough, and maybe much more to count but i was busy to git gud with it and didnt notice them.

Tigerblade then going awk  was actually a "cheat" so its only justice it got nerfed.

Poking? i dont get it do you mean damage isnt here  or do you mean you dont have a way to obtain a solid cc?if 1st you need to be 58 to get all flow  that matter in 1v1 185awk  ap with some accu and liverto was enough to 1 (maybe a long)combo 260/280 dp people (when the tendancies was not on evade style)and for group pvp you need 59  and yeah 60 is a massive boost in our dmg output.If 2nd its the same on every class (a little less for grabin class).

Standing still and immobile isnt the same thing?:D Awk & blade mode have +- the same mobility on atking skills that really matters.

Im still maining  her lv60 on a 200+ ap settings and everything could be fine if this damned rng would stop to eat my duos jewelry....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0