• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A simple way to make Rough stone, Weeds & Logs a little more plentiful

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I think we can all agree that these very common items are a pain in the ass to get.  They are bottom tier items used in the most amount of crafting applications. 

The problem is they are hard to get.   One of the things that I have noticed is that when you use crappy tools you tend to get more of the base material (logs or rough stones) but when you use lucky tools or magic tools you get loads of the higher tier items but hardly any of the base item.   For example using a magic Axe chopping pine trees you tend to get loads of pine and pine planks and amber and maybe the occasional sharp or hard shard but you get relatively little logs. 

And don't get me started on gathering weeds.  basically Magic Hoes are useless for this and you have to be a barehand bandit to really get any. 

My Solution is This:
The higher grade your tool is the more of the base item (rough stone, logs or weeds) it yields.  
You keep the drops of the advanced tier items the same but taking the previous example instead of getting 2500 pine timber and a 100 or so pine planks and only 800 logs with around 200 energy you instead get 3000-4000 logs.   Maybe only 2500 logs but they should at minimum be equal to or greater than the main item yield (in this example the pine timber). 

This would be especially true for Gathering with a hoe.  Right now Gathering with a magic hoe gives you 0 weeds.   Imagine how much more useful (and valuable)  those magic hoes would be if they actually yielded 3-9 weeds per harvest as well as whatever else it harvests.  This also gives us another viable way to gather sharps and hards while spending our energy gathering for alchemy. 

Basically we would do the same thing for mining and rough stone. 

This way people would still have to work for the resources and go out and gather them but with the better yields they would be more plentiful and we might actually see some on the MP lol. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by JoeBravo
2 people like this

Posted

Sorry Joe but I can't agree with you that those items are hard to get.  It just takes the right tool, and time.   For weeds the right tool is your hand.  Pluck every bush and you'll have hundreds pretty quick.  For stone, you can get a bunch from any non-ore bearing outcropping.  So if you see copper, iron, etc..  skip those.   Logs, you pick a forest and chop every tree.  Oh, and from personal experience I do believe that the higher your harvesting rank, the more product you get.  

Posted (edited)

I'm Artisan 1 gathering with the pay to win costume ticket gathering costume and a +2 gathering outfit  and I keep getting more of the higher tier items than the base item.  it's always dis proportionally the higher items like pine timber, pine planks ambers etc.   Same with rough stone.   And I mean c'mon.... you have to agree with me on the magic hoe.... they're basically useless and they are the only tool that DOESN'T yield the base item.... it should at least fall in line with the other tools.  It doesn't make sense to have it not at least yield as much of the base item as Axes and Pickaxes.  It feels like a bug or error than intended design. 

I mean literally all hoes are useless unless you are forced to gather with them like in the ocean... and last I saw that was dying down real quick lol.    I mean a magic Axe or Pickaxe or butcher knife is worth over 400k.   A magic Hoe?  28k.... It's ridiculous.  If I could at least get SOME weeds with the hoe that would at least be an improvement and bring it in line with the other tools

Edited by JoeBravo

Posted

So...use characters with little to mid-level gathering?

Posted (edited)

Weeds hard to get? Serioiusly? Weeds are so abundant it's not funny. Want weeds? Simply gather any plant without a tool. Or even better, setup a garden and prune for them (you'll get so many weeds you don't know what to do with them all). Hell, I can't even sell my stockpile of weeds fast enough on the MP. My warehouse has thousands of them.

Logs? Please... Logs are a dime a dozen, and you can load up on them in no time with an axe. Only time Logs ever seem to be in short supply is when you need thousands of them for a sailboat.

Rough Stone? That can be a nuisance before you reach Valencia. And even then it's more a matter of trying to identify which stones are gather-able for it. But once you reach the Valencia region, it's easy peasy. 

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

Weeds hard to get? Serioiusly? Weeds are so abundant it's not funny. Want weeds? Simply gather any plant without a tool. Or even better, setup a garden and prune for them (you'll get so many weeds you don't know what to do with them all). Hell, I can't even sell my stockpile of weeds fast enough on the MP. My warehouse has thousands of them.

Logs? Please... Logs are a dime a dozen, and you can load up on them in no time with an axe. Only time Logs ever seem to be in short supply is when you need thousands of them for a sailboat.

Rough Stone? That can be a nuisance before you reach Valencia. And even then it's more a matter of trying to identify which stones are gather-able for it. But once you reach the Valencia region, it's easy peasy. 

If they were so gawd damn easy and plentiful then why aren't they on the marketplace?   Why is this like the 10th thread requesting a better way to get them?  why did KAKAO give us an event to get more logs?  please lol. 

Posted

A simpler solution.

Gather. 

If they were so gawd damn easy and plentiful then why aren't they on the marketplace? 

Because they are super super super useful and are the base ingredients for cooking, alchemy and crafting. 

Posted (edited)

If they were so gawd damn easy and plentiful then why aren't they on the marketplace?   Why is this like the 10th thread requesting a better way to get them?  why did KAKAO give us an event to get more logs?  please lol. 

Kakao gave an event to get additional logs to promote the sailboat, which takes thousands and thousands of logs. Don't try for a moment to make it seem like logs are hard to get. They're easy peasy to get. They're BY FAR not hard to get. Don't try to pretend otherwise.

The lack of availability on the marketplace simply means they're in high demand. That in no way means that they're hard to get. They're still stupid easy to get. The fact that they're hard to get on the MP merely demonstrates that people are either too friggin lazy to go out and get them themselves, are are too impatient to take the time.

Logs, Weeds (seriously, weeds is laughable), and rough stone are all easy to get. There's zero difficulty in getting any of those items. They're friggin everywhere.

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted

The lack of availability on the marketplace simply means they're in high demand. That in no way means that they're hard to get. 

This is one of my pet peeves, albeit a small one.  I have a lot of logs in storage.  When the sailboat came out I was very looking forward to making a nice profit but the log price was terrible.  So much so that I didn't sell any except as a mercy case for someone who needed just a couple hundred more to finish his boat.  

Posted (edited)

This is one of my pet peeves, albeit a small one.  I have a lot of logs in storage.  When the sailboat came out I was very looking forward to making a nice profit but the log price was terrible.  So much so that I didn't sell any except as a mercy case for someone who needed just a couple hundred more to finish his boat.  

Huh? List any logs you have, clicky the "Max" button for max price, and they sell instantly. The Pre-Order bids are higher than the MP max sell price.

[edit]Which is something else I'd like to see... if a product is sold out constantly, somebody pre-orders at 2x the max price to outbid others, I'd like to see that whole amount go to the seller (hell, tax it for all I care). But from what I've seen, if you list an item at a max price of 10k, the preorder bid is 20k, the seller still only gets 10k (before taxes).

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Yea but the max price is terrible.  From what I remember I think the price was something like 300/400.    That won't even pay for the sweat my cartoon character builds up while chopping trees.  

Posted

Yea but the max price is terrible.  From what I remember I think the price was something like 300/400.    That won't even pay for the sweat my cartoon character builds up while chopping trees.  

^^  and it was a lot of trees too I imagine.   Yeah bumping up the prince on these would be good too but the pre-order price on logs ATM is pretty insane as well.  I'd rather just see them raise the damn price than allow ridiculous max bid pre-orders.  I'd rather see another player get my silver rather than it go into a sink. 

Posted

So I think we can all agree that these very common items are a pain in the ass to get.  They are bottom tier items used in the most amount of crafting applications. 

The problem is they are hard to get.   One of the things that I have noticed is that when you use crappy tools you tend to get more of the base material (logs or rough stones) but when you use lucky tools or magic tools you get loads of the higher tier items but hardly any of the base item.   For example using a magic Axe chopping pine trees you tend to get loads of pine and pine planks and amber and maybe the occasional sharp or hard shard but you get relatively little logs. 

And don't get me started on gathering weeds.  basically Magic Hoes are useless for this and you have to be a barehand bandit to really get any. 

My Solution is This:
The higher grade your tool is the more of the base item (rough stone, logs or weeds) it yields.  
You keep the drops of the advanced tier items the same but taking the previous example instead of getting 2500 pine timber and a 100 or so pine planks and only 800 logs with around 200 energy you instead get 3000-4000 logs.   Maybe only 2500 logs but they should at minimum be equal to or greater than the main item yield (in this example the pine timber). 

This would be especially true for Gathering with a hoe.  Right now Gathering with a magic hoe gives you 0 weeds.   Imagine how much more useful (and valuable)  those magic hoes would be if they actually yielded 3-9 weeds per harvest as well as whatever else it harvests.  This also gives us another viable way to gather sharps and hards while spending our energy gathering for alchemy. 

This way people would still have to work for the resources and go out and gather them but with the better yields they would be more plentiful and we might actually see some on the MP lol. 

What do you guys think?

The problem isnt they're hard to get, which most arent, it's the lousy price you can sell raw items for, any basic raw items you can convert into something that increases its worth dozens of times, take me as an example; I got 62k Rough Stones, I got them for Cooking Utensils since I cook alot, I have enough rough stones for 775 Utensils, it'll take me months create them and use them, and I'll just keep getting them cause I gotta use dat energy, but the money I could get from them is so ridiculously low; that I'd rather keep them "just in case" and this' in the head of most gatherers out there, regardless of the amount of items you get from a gathering session, the fact that  converting them into something usefull increases their worth dozens, maybe hundreds of times, will always prevent people from posting them in the MP.

1 person likes this

Posted

My Solution is This:

What do you guys think?

the "problem" is..

Let's say we add a ~20-30% rate of weed drops. People will still insta buy ALL of those from the market and just dumb those +20-30% into reagents to get exp by spaming low tier alchemy. >> in the end same situation as it is atm. If u "really" need some to create one specific thing u will not be able to buy.

Our "problem" is not the supply, the problem are fixed prices..

Posted

prices are waay too low. and wont change. easy to get stuff, people wont sell it. thats the reality. other games ppl sell stuff, you don't have to get yourself.

in bdo you get stuff yourself. just how it is.

Posted

I think Skilled --> Professional --> Artisan --> Master just doesn't scale up right.  ...the whole idea of "oh you use less energy!" is CRAP to me, that's a cute way of saying "Oh you're EXPECTED to stay in the field longer doing this incredibly boring tedious activity and you're gonna NEED to do that b/c we're a**holes who don't want to give player any other means of generating Crystal Shards which literally gate everyone else's Gear progress"

No b****, I want a BIGGER YIELD period...keep your stupid energy discount and just give me more Resources per chop

Posted

I think Skilled --> Professional --> Artisan --> Master just doesn't scale up right.  ...the whole idea of "oh you use less energy!" is CRAP to me, that's a cute way of saying "Oh you're EXPECTED to stay in the field longer doing this incredibly boring tedious activity and you're gonna NEED to do that b/c we're a**holes who don't want to give player any other means of generating Crystal Shards which literally gate everyone else's Gear progress"

No b****, I want a BIGGER YIELD period...keep your stupid energy discount and just give me more Resources per chop

i stay in the field exactly as long as i want, no more, no less.

1 person likes this

Posted

Moghulis drops rough stone. Let's have treant daily scrolls for logs and haunted scarecrows daily scroll for weeds.

(Hell even if they drop only hunter seals, the joy of watching a desyncing Fiddlestick chase party members around is enough :3 )

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean literally all hoes are useless unless you are forced to gather with them like in the ocean... and last I saw that was dying down real quick lol.    I mean a magic Axe or Pickaxe or butcher knife is worth over 400k.   A magic Hoe?  28k.... It's ridiculous.  If I could at least get SOME weeds with the hoe that would at least be an improvement and bring it in line with the other tools

The magic tool boxes from the black spirit board game gives a disproportionate amount of just magic hoes. Maybe it isnt enough to affect the market but if all ppl who dont care about gathering sell those tools on the mp it could be noticeable.

Posted

More energy = more shards though.

Posted (edited)

i stay in the field exactly as long as i want, no more, no less.

That's what ALTS are for

More energy = more shards though.

yeah I addressed that as being a solution from them, to a problem that didn't need to ever exist.  EG: Shards being only obtainable from extended time investment + RNG  in this one single very tedious activity when they could have simply let part of the supply also come from crafting just like Blackstones from a Refinery

I dunno how else to spell this out for you.  But we wouldn't need energy discount in the first place if they'd stayed true to their designs for almost every other Resource in the game:  That you can obtain them from more than just 1 playstyle.  Shards are the ONLY general purpose resource sink that only has 1 single (very tedious & 100% RNG based) gameplay option for obtaining them

Edited by iller

Posted

There only needs to be 1 change.

Up the rng of logs by 1 so you can get a max of 3.

Posted

Pearl Abyss should hire a real game designer to fix so much crap in their game.

1 person likes this

Posted

the "problem" is..

Let's say we add a ~20-30% rate of weed drops. People will still insta buy ALL of those from the market and just dumb those +20-30% into reagents to get exp by spaming low tier alchemy. >> in the end same situation as it is atm. If u "really" need some to create one specific thing u will not be able to buy.

Our "problem" is not the supply, the problem are fixed prices..

well I agree the pricing is a big problem that should be fixed.  And as for the weed drop rates I can understand the increase I suggested was probably a bit much.   But what if we simply kept the drop rate the same but allowed you to get weeds using a hoe as well?

The magic tool boxes from the black spirit board game gives a disproportionate amount of just magic hoes. Maybe it isnt enough to affect the market but if all ppl who dont care about gathering sell those tools on the mp it could be noticeable.

the problem is people are literally encouraged NOT to use hoes for gathering because they don't get weeds. 

Posted

"A simple way to make Rough stone, Weeds & Logs a little more plentiful" <-- Go out and gather them?

That's how I fix my material shortages.

There are no stack limits in this game, so no reason to sell certain items to make room in storage if they are things you are going to need later.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0