• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I just realized that I don't play in group in BDO because ...

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've used to play many games and I especially liked the party content.

BDO has the best graphics in any game that I played!!, and BDO has the better "secondary" stuff that I have seen, and that is called Life Skill.

I enjoy PVP as a party content and I think It's amazing here in BDO. I also like how customizable the characters are.

But there's something where BDO fails, and that is party content (besides PVP), like the bosses in this game are completely bad IMO, and that's the most important factor to me, boss mechanics and strategy combat, I've expected more.

Today I am a loner player T_T .. which I'm surprised that I don't do anything with others players besides PVP, bosses scroll are so easy (Ok, awakening scrolls are hard but incredibly boring even to do in group), and when I go to the world bosses, it feel like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1voEtFV5M where I don't even know where I am, I don't know what colour the boss is, I lag, I don't know what skill the boss is using, cannot see my friends in the battle, no heal support strategies, others players kills you, etc, It's just boring you know?

Sometimes I spend half an hour traveling with my horse and such things which takes my time in a ridiculously amount level without doing anything productive, I feel like the game is too overrealistic.

Now all I do is AFK fishing waiting for some excitement content. Don't get me bad, I still think this game is awesome in many aspects.

Are you bored of this game? Do you play alone or in group?

Edited by DesertBlack
typo

Posted

Yes i can agree this isnt the most cooperative game out there but apart from that its amazing

Posted

What about joining a guild?  If you are in a guild and your guild doesn't do "party" activities then you need a better guild.  Maybe you could come up with some guild party/group events?  If you aren't in a guild, find one.  Have a different kind of fun besides solo fun. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I want pseudo group pve. So you and 3 AI controlled party members run around and explore the world.

Posted (edited)

The to much Solo was one of reasons i took a good long brake from BDOso yeah, but in ESO partyng with peple in the world map is not so poppular as  as well but u alweys get an party invite when dealing with elit mobs and anchors, and yes this game needs harder mobs that u cannot groop and spank, a low defens wery high attack and high hp like in ESO so yeah DesertBlack i Agree this game is good but its rough opal

Edited by Xzelor

Posted

Are you bored of this game? Do you play alone or in group?

nope not bored. Majority of the time alone. Sometimes with a group

Now all I do is AFK fishing waiting for some excitement content.

make ur own content. BDO is sandboxy enough to allow for it. 

Posted

Structured group PvE content was added in KR recently. It will eventually show up here.

its not really profitable though

Posted

well me pleyng longer and giwing up and buyng the dark night awekening costume cos its cool and i haw seen all the color combos on my normal armour so here hoping the do get profit and meke some more pve content, ore rushing it hre like with chars and aweikenings. GW2 had raids eventuali but its own, this games raide like dungeons cold be awesom open wolrld and sutch but not so big Zerg fests like the world bosses at the moment are 

but thanks i will check out the KR pve content 

Posted

I've been solo playing from day one most of my friends jumped ship after the first month so no one else to play with so I never bothered to look into the co-op content to begin with.

Posted

I've said it before as a joke but I secretly do think it's true that the developers of this game really hated party content in other mmo's and decided to make an mmo where you can literally solo the entire game without every being dependent of others. As the others above me said, it's not impossible to do group stuff but you need to go look for it yourself. Like in other sandbox games like Minecraft, Ark Survival Online or Rust, the game is only as much fun as you make it. You need a group of friends to just hang out with and do shit together that you could also do alone, but is more fun with other people just because you are less lonely that way ;). For example, my fellow guildies and I used to go fishing together (active fishing). Which can actually be fun if you hang out on discord together while u do it.

I do have to say though, they seem to do their best to punish grouping up as much as possible. First of all the exp nerf when you are in a party. Is there any other game that does that? I think most other games give an exp boost per party member but BDO rather has you grind solo and kill anyone that wants to be your friend. Also, boss scrolls. The Ancient Relic Crrystal scroll, it used to give everyone a guaranteed memory fragment per boss drop. Now they nerfed that greatly, so that you are lucky if you even get a memory fragment 50% of the time, so you might as well solo relic scrolls unless you do them in bulks (like most people do now).

For me, at the moment, my guild chat and its guild missions or occasional boss scrolls together are the only group content I got (I don't PVP yet, don't have the gear for anything besides arena random casual battles atm). having an active guild chat is enough for me though, since the solo content keeps me busy.

Posted

I never really enjoyed group pve content. It always bored me to tears for some reason. Makes the game feel like a chore. You want to tell your team mates you have to leave. But you feel like a douche for just leaving. So in the background, you are whispering random people to take your place so your group isnt short one person. The auto party function was a great solution in other games. I can leave a game without feeling like a douche as someone else would just instantly backfill.

I do like the feeling of group play though. But I would prefer AI controlled party members. Since I can just jump in and quit whenever I wanted. And being able to customize your own party members would be awesome as well. Kakao and PA should implement something like this before Dragons Dogma online. That way we can have waifu parties all across Black Desert. Other players dont even need to see them. Can be turned off like pets.

Posted (edited)

my friend i was thinking of AI as small helpers but as waifus, yess now i feel sad that i can run around with 3 waifus, that was my favorite part of dragon dogma as well 

ah and i made a discord groop for people just chilling and relaxing, for people who do not mind siting in ther seiling boats and active fishing 

Edited by Xzelor
typo

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0