• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reaching Guru 1 in sailing

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Leveling up sailing has some pretty good rewards. Skilled 1 seems to unlock a skill similar to sprint with horses. Artisan 1 lets you turn faster while sailing. Master 1 lets you turn while the ship is still. And then the big one, Guru 1 reduces cannon reloading time.

Skilled 1 takes a bit of time to reach, but it's doable. But how much time would it take to reach the other skills? Well, let's look at some numbers!

There's a daily quest at Port Ratt which gives you sailing XP (8500 if you go to Epheria, 12000 if you go to Altinova, and 15000 if you go to Ancado Harbor). You get around 2220 XP (with around 30% life skill boost) sailing from Port Ratt to Epheria, so the daily quest is a much more effective way of gaining Sailing XP.

Life skill XP requirements were discovered at one point: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4jl8mm/should_exp_numbers_be_shown/ (they match up very well based on my experience, so I think these numbers are correct.)

So with these numbers, we can get a very accurate idea how long it'll take to reach these levels. Let's say you do the Port Ratt daily quest going to Ancado every single day, then this is how many days you have to do it:

• Skilled 1 would take 20 days in total
  • Professional 1 would take 69 days in total
  • Artisan 1 would take 323 days in total
  • Master 1 would take 2267 days in total (6.2 years)
  • Guru 1 would take 39629 days in total (108.6 years)

Skilled 1 is doable (although slow compared to other life skills). Everything else ranges from absurd to literally impossible (well, unless you make it a goal for your grandchildren). They really should drastically increase the speed you gain Sailing XP (and/or lower the requirements for the skills).

18 people like this

Posted

LMAO 108 years, that's it?   If those numbers are accurate (I didn't check them myself), it definitely needs to be toned down lol.   Even irl you can become a guru at anything in WAY less time.

Posted

Sailing seems like an unfinished profession atm. I'd imagine there's a lot still in the works there and perhaps in a later patch they will make it possible to attain guru somehow. 

Posted

Drift + Instant Accel for boat pls. Tear the boat.

6 people like this

Posted

Sailing seems like an unfinished profession atm. I'd imagine there's a lot still in the works there and perhaps in a later patch they will make it possible to attain guru somehow. 

Indeed, it is incomplete. There is personal battleships that still need to be released, together with the big bad boss kraken or whatever name it has and many more. More info on it was released in the oasis press conference event.

1 person likes this

Posted

Drift 

7 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I'm sure they'll eventually add more stuff which will increase sailing XP. But I feel they should start by tweaking current numbers. In its current state, Sailing is nearly 100 times slower to level up than Fishing.

Posted

Yeah, I'm sure they'll eventually add more stuff which will increase sailing XP. But I feel they should start by tweaking current numbers. In its current state, Sailing is nearly 100 times slower to level up than Fishing.

We already got clothes to fast it up a bit... Definitely aint enough, but small steps... I expect more daily quests with time...

Posted

What movie is that :o

Posted

My theory is that PA made sailing the way it is to see if they could make their players literally do anything.

3 people like this

Posted

Man, this is slower than training every EVE skill ever.

Posted

Leveling up sailing has some pretty good rewards. Skilled 1 seems to unlock a skill similar to sprint with horses. Artisan 1 lets you turn faster while sailing. Master 1 lets you turn while the ship is still. And then the big one, Guru 1 reduces cannon reloading time.

Skilled 1 takes a bit of time to reach, but it's doable. But how much time would it take to reach the other skills? Well, let's look at some numbers!

There's a daily quest at Port Ratt which gives you sailing XP (8500 if you go to Epheria, 12000 if you go to Altinova, and 15000 if you go to Ancado Harbor). You get around 2220 XP (with around 30% life skill boost) sailing from Port Ratt to Epheria, so the daily quest is a much more effective way of gaining Sailing XP.

Life skill XP requirements were discovered at one point: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4jl8mm/should_exp_numbers_be_shown/ (they match up very well based on my experience, so I think these numbers are correct.)

So with these numbers, we can get a very accurate idea how long it'll take to reach these levels. Let's say you do the Port Ratt daily quest going to Ancado every single day, then this is how many days you have to do it:

Skilled 1 is doable (although slow compared to other life skills). Everything else ranges from absurd to literally impossible (well, unless you make it a goal for your grandchildren). They really should drastically increase the speed you gain Sailing XP (and/or lower the requirements for the skills).

Dude you're now thinking about leveling up with 1 daily.............

There is option to enable/disable screen saver. Do enable it.

Go to ross sea and press T (aim your boat to go from ross sea node to another) wait till game enters screensaver mode. Now enjoy. Your boat goes full circle and enjoy afk leveling.

Posted

In thinking the xp is based on distance, so getting better speed boats and soured accessories, further enchanting them to give even more speed Will increase the xp rate quite a bit, then enchanted life skill clothing.

So yeah, feels like an incomplete skill. Maybe eventually they'll even sell our give crew which comes with xp increase

Posted

oooohh i loved that movie! Bromance movie ;u;

Posted

Go to ross sea and press T (aim your boat to go from ross sea node to another) wait till game enters screensaver mode. Now enjoy. Your boat goes full circle and enjoy afk leveling.

Let's say you have a +3 Sailor's outfit, so that means with value pack you have 30% XP boost. And I think going from Port Ratt to Epheria takes around 20-30 minutes, so let's say you earn 2200 XP every 25 minutes (it would be lower than that since auto pathing is slower than moving manually).

So that means at least 16 years to reach Guru 1 by afk sailing 24/7. And it's not even practical as the stamina for a ship doesn't last more than 1-2 hours of continuous sailing.

Posted

Geuss they need to invent ship carrots.

I think this is to get us to slave over making +5 sailing costumes and costume from shop?

but im geussing they will add more daily quest when they add more sea content.

Posted

(they match up very well based on my experience, so I think these numbers are correct.)

While it could be true for at least Apprentice10 and below (33% at A10, seems to work for 15000 / 46100), Skilled1, and likely everything above, is too low in that chart. The quest in Ancado only gives 14%/15% at Skilled1, which would put the required EXP to level up at roughly 100k and not 52k.

Posted

And I think going from Port Ratt to Epheria takes around 20-30 minutes, so let's say you earn 2200 XP every 25 minutes 

Tell me that secret ... i'd love to save some time.

The fastest ive made was 36 Minutes with the Skilled 1 skill.

Posted

While it could be true for at least Apprentice10 and below (33% at A10, seems to work for 15000 / 46100), Skilled1, and likely everything above, is too low in that chart. The quest in Ancado only gives 14%/15% at Skilled1, which would put the required EXP to level up at roughly 100k and not 52k.

So that means my numbers might actually be too low? It might be closer to 200 years rather than 108?

Tell me that secret ... i'd love to save some time.

The fastest ive made was 36 Minutes with the Skilled 1 skill.

That was just a quick estimate, I haven't actually timed it. I don't have the Skilled 1 skill yet, so it must be longer than 36 minutes for me. That means I was being very generous with the afk sailing estimate.

Posted

Without the skill it took me around ~45 minutes from epheriaport to Port Ratt.  - from Lema with the npc it takes around the same time, but you have to get to lema first and wait for the npc ships to arrive

and that everything without encounters of ghost ship and such.

Posted

Would work if there were no ghostship to encounter you and your "stamina" would be refillable without manually doing it! 

Without the skill it took me around ~45 minutes from epheriaport to Port Ratt.  - from Lema with the npc it takes around the same time, but you have to get to lema first and wait for the npc ships to arrive

and that everything without encounters of ghost ship and such.

I've reached skilled 1 like couple of days ago with the daily quest, before that when I active sailed I went from epheria to port ratt in around 35-40min (from port to port)

so if it takes 45min for you to do such with skilled 1, you doing something wrong obviously! 

Posted (edited)

Not all life skills uses the same amount of XPs. For sailing Beginner1 - Apprentice10 is the same as in that reddit post, but from Skilled1 are XPs doubled (see http://redd.it/4ebeb1/, LifeEXP_Table, LifeType9).

If I count with 15,000 XP from quest and 2x 2,220 XP (sailing to Port Ratt and getting back to Epheria):

• Skilled 1 - 17 days
  • Professional 1 - 106 days
  • Artisan 1 - 523 days
  • Master 1 - 3,779 days
  • Guru 1 - 79,893 days
Edited by Garkin

Posted (edited)

Info for you:

1. Those who have leveled up to Skilled 1 or further without the dailies should have noticed that the time it takes to gain 1% increases extremely once you hit Skilled 1. Before hitting Skilled 1 the increase was about 20 sec per level for each % gained through sailing, sometimes 40 sec though this was much lower at Beginner Stage and when i had Sailing Apprentice 10 it took me around 7min to get 1% with buffs of 21% and once i hit Skilled 1 this time increased to more than 14min while active sailing! After asking the GMs about this they confirmed that the exp gain through sailing is bugged once you hit Skilled 1 though i believe that it's bugged overall or the exp needed gets increased more than it should because the daily also gives much less exp, at Skilled 1 it's about 12% per daily.

Even after so many tests i still don't know how the exp gain of sailing works because:

.) There's quite a big difference between active and inactive (T) sailing so it can't depend on the time you're actually sailing.

.) After reaching Skilled 1 i tested the time it took me to get 1% with and without the Boost Skill yet there was barely a difference and therefore it can't depend on the distance sailed. I actually only tested it for 1% each time because it takes so long to get 1% that i didn't wanna watch the timer all the time to make sure i got it exact but the difference i reached was about 1min if at all because when using buffs i noticed that every once in a while there's a difference in how long it took me to gain 1% (tested this ALOT before hitting Skilled 1) at which the time could vary easily by 30sec.

.)  I think i had something else but forgot if i did, anyway if i should remember it i'll post it.

2. If you really want to level sailing all the way to Guru 1 then you have to invest all your time in sailing to make sure you actually reach it within the next few months but 108 years.. i think that's off by 1-2 years ;)

3. I was going to write the GMs that i want compensation for all the time i've actually wasted sailing with the bug. In this case i don't want any items or such but the Exp which i didn't receive. So far the daily quest has been available since 3,5 weeks and has been fixed since this wednesday so pretty much only those who are actually determined to level up sailing will sail all the way to Port Ratt and from there go to Ancado each and every day. Sadly though i've missed 2 days so far which cost me about 20% of Exp but the exp i've got so far from the Quest should have gotten me around 2 levels so i'd say that anyone who is past Sailing Skilled 3 at the current time should be compensated for the missing Exp. It takes me about 1,5h to deplete my whole Power and i barely get 3% at this point which is ridiculous.

Red

Edit: Btw. does anyone know where to get the Skilled Sailor's Clothing? I only got the Professional one for Luxury Vendor but so far i could neither find a quest that gives it nor a Reward since there's none available so far.

Edited by RedThunder

Posted (edited)

Sailing follows the general concept of the developers when it comes to character progression.
1. Introduce something practically impossible to complete/achieve 100%
2. After some time make it very difficult but possible with some(or a lot) pearl shop boosts and/or time.
3. Have everyone invest tons of money and/or time progressing for an initial X amount of time (probably guided by number of new players / pearl sales).
4. Release ways to make progress a lot easier up to a point (which makes the initial time investment look like a waste to those that made it) while introducing new impossible progression target(s).
5. Go to 2.

This is the standard way they prolong gameplay.
The "early adopters" in BDO will always lose time (of course it is not losing for them if they enjoy it) compared to just waiting for the phase that makes this initial effort trivial. So, unless you really enjoy doing something in BDO, the best course of action would be to just.... wait.

Initially "the bait" was Sailing Apprentice1, then Skilled1, now it is Prof, next will be Artisan. Personally (skilled1) I am gonna wait for the next big boost and catch up in a small fraction of the time otherwise required.

Edited by Graviera
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0