• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reaching Guru 1 in sailing

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Did you try to check the numbers with more speed? More speed = more exp, no? ^^ 

So try with speed skills and +10 (or w/e accessories gets up to) accessories on the ones that increase speed. Not to include Totems as well :)

Posted

Did you try to check the numbers with more speed? More speed = more exp, no? ^^ 

So try with speed skills and +10 (or w/e accessories gets up to) accessories on the ones that increase speed. Not to include Totems as well :)

The XP you get from actual sailing is trivial compared to the daily quest, so even if you somehow double the speed of the sailboat or galley, it will still be slow.

Posted

Everything about Margoria sucks. Everything about Valencia sucks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Leveling up sailing has some pretty good rewards. Skilled 1 seems to unlock a skill similar to sprint with horses. Artisan 1 lets you turn faster while sailing. Master 1 lets you turn while the ship is still. And then the big one, Guru 1 reduces cannon reloading time.

Skilled 1 takes a bit of time to reach, but it's doable. But how much time would it take to reach the other skills? Well, let's look at some numbers!

There's a daily quest at Port Ratt which gives you sailing XP (8500 if you go to Epheria, 12000 if you go to Altinova, and 15000 if you go to Ancado Harbor). You get around 2220 XP (with around 30% life skill boost) sailing from Port Ratt to Epheria, so the daily quest is a much more effective way of gaining Sailing XP.

Life skill XP requirements were discovered at one point: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4jl8mm/should_exp_numbers_be_shown/ (they match up very well based on my experience, so I think these numbers are correct.)

So with these numbers, we can get a very accurate idea how long it'll take to reach these levels. Let's say you do the Port Ratt daily quest going to Ancado every single day, then this is how many days you have to do it:

• Skilled 1 would take 20 days in total
  • Professional 1 would take 69 days in total
  • Artisan 1 would take 323 days in total
  • Master 1 would take 2267 days in total (6.2 years)
  • Guru 1 would take 39629 days in total (108.6 years)

Skilled 1 is doable (although slow compared to other life skills). Everything else ranges from absurd to literally impossible (well, unless you make it a goal for your grandchildren). They really should drastically increase the speed you gain Sailing XP (and/or lower the requirements for the skills).

I feel like Training has similar numbers. I'd probably feel a little better if Training had a daily quest that granted xp, or byproducts of training that gave xp (horse poo amiright?)

Posted (edited)

WTF did i just watch... WHAT is this!  it looks AMAZING and over the top.. Like Dragonball Z except with aircraft carriers!!!

WOOT

PS.. okay read the rest of the post... FROM battleship on netflix huh okay! imma watch that!

Edited by remilafo

Posted

I feel like Training has similar numbers. I'd probably feel a little better if Training had a daily quest that granted xp, or byproducts of training that gave xp (horse poo amiright?)

Meat from butchering all those potatoes...

Posted

even if you get 10 times more exp or speed or what fkin whatever it will take 10 years, its absurd

Posted

Skilled 1 is doable (although slow compared to other life skills). Everything else ranges from absurd to literally impossible (well, unless you make it a goal for your grandchildren). They really should drastically increase the speed you gain Sailing XP (and/or lower the requirements for the skills).

I salute your efforts to combat this ridiculousness, it is appreciated. 

Posted

The XP you get from actual sailing is trivial compared to the daily quest, so even if you somehow double the speed of the sailboat or galley, it will still be slow.

trivial hm? I'd recommend you try your hands at manual sailing (as this seem, at least to me, give more exp than automatic) with speed boosts as much as possible for a couple of hours. Maybe with a quest you could get half a level? Idek. With sailing it's like with horses: you get some every X amount of seconds depending on how far you've gone basically. But instead of exp you get % on your level. 

Posted

WTF did i just watch... WHAT is this!  it looks AMAZING and over the top.. Like Dragonball Z except with aircraft carriers!!!

WOOT

PS.. okay read the rest of the post... FROM battleship on netflix huh okay! imma watch that!

I thought that was Battle of Las Angeles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pd-uuDi28U

Posted

even if you get 10 times more exp or speed or what fkin whatever it will take 10 years, its absurd

because guru should be something you can reach in a month? :') Nice joke mate. It's not Artisan or low master, it's Guru. Or maybe you're one of those ppl who think that nothing should take time to obtain and would rather have everything fast, devaluing the time that others have already taken to reach guru in a single life skill? You DO have to compare this life skill to how long it takes ppl to reach guru in other life skills, and I'm quite damn sure there's not 1 single guru who managed to do it "quickly". Heck, there's not a lot of Guru's to begin with. Think the first Guru we saw was in fishing and that was what? 4-6 months after the game started? Then they became more after like 6-7 months, but still very rare. 

Try to not rely on a QUEST for a whole LIFE SKILL. Js. Do you really think there'd be even 1 Guru alchemist/chef/fisher/processer if they relied on 1 quest only? Pls. It's that the % might not be much compared, but the fact that you can keep doing it ALL THE TIME. It adds up quite fast.  

Posted (edited)

The joke will be when someone eventually does get guru sailing and finds out that it reduces cannon reload time by something like 5%...

Edited by Avaform

Posted (edited)

The joke will be when someone eventually does get guru sailing and finds out that it reduces cannon rate of fire by something like 5%...

Lol.. well i personally am aiming for it right now but if that should really be the case, then you'll read about Nerdrage in the news since i'm gonna personally visit those incompetent developers. I expect the reducement to be at least 50%.

For all those who complain about sailing taking long to level up, yes it does, yes it's bugged, yes it doesn't earn you any profit by itself so either stop complaining that it takes forever when all you do is finish 1 daily quest or go out and sail if you want more Exp per day.

Red

Edited by RedThunder

Posted

Good luck with it, i'll tell my grandkids to ask your grandkids how it turned out :)

Posted

Thanks, i'll be sure to tell them to search for your grandkids once they get the "good" news ;) though i doubt that they'll be playing a relic like this and will have something much better at hand. I'd switch to another game if there were any good MMORPGs right now but there are not.. even Bless doesn't look appealing and the latest end gear pvp i saw looked more like a weird lag fest though i'm not sure whether they had lag or the skills looked like that O.o

Red

Posted

trivial hm? I'd recommend you try your hands at manual sailing (as this seem, at least to me, give more exp than automatic) with speed boosts as much as possible for a couple of hours. Maybe with a quest you could get half a level? Idek. With sailing it's like with horses: you get some every X amount of seconds depending on how far you've gone basically. But instead of exp you get % on your level. 

I have done a bunch of manual sailing, and I didn't feel it was a very fast way of leveling the skill. Before making this thread, I had a friend of mine help me calculate how much XP you get from sailling from Port Ratt to Epheria, and it is really trivial compared to the quest. You can go ahead and test it yourself if you don't believe me. Not to mention the fact that you have to do a lot of manual sailing just to do the quest at all.

Posted (edited)

I have done a bunch of manual sailing, and I didn't feel it was a very fast way of leveling the skill. Before making this thread, I had a friend of mine help me calculate how much XP you get from sailling from Port Ratt to Epheria, and it is really trivial compared to the quest. You can go ahead and test it yourself if you don't believe me. Not to mention the fact that you have to do a lot of manual sailing just to do the quest at all.

You call the exp gain through manual sailing trivial based on the fact that you only calculate the exp gained for a short duration of sailing. That's the same as fishing for an hour per day and wondering how other people reach Guru. I train sailing on a daily basis and gain more than i get from the quest. Sure it takes time but if you really want to increase any of your life skills then you have to invest time instead of counting on 1 daily.

Also as i said before the exp gain for sailing seems bugged at this time so if you want it to be "easier" then just wait for the fix.

Red

Edited by RedThunder

Posted (edited)

Sailing is a bit of an enigma for me. At Skilled 2 I get 1-2% manual sailing(W, not T) with 4 life skill pets, Sute Tea, and Elixir of Flowing Time going to Port Ratt, and another 1-2% back. Breezy Sail never seemed to add the % on faster, though..

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

I wonder what the community managers and development team has to say about this. Even if the numbers exaggerated, its unlikely to be exaggerated extremely... so atleast 20 years LOL. 

really taking that whole BDO grindfest to the extreme ha? 

Posted

You call the exp gain through manual sailing trivial based on the fact that you only calculate the exp gained for a short duration of sailing. That's the same as fishing for an hour per day and wondering how other people reach Guru. I train sailing on a daily basis and gain more than i get from the quest. Sure it takes time but if you really want to increase any of your life skills then you have to invest time instead of counting on 1 daily.

Also as i said before the exp gain for sailing seems bugged at this time so if you want it to be "easier" then just wait for the fix.

Red

I calculated the XP gain from one trip so I could tell how much I would earn in the long run. I don't need to sail for 10 hours to tell how much XP I'll gain in that time when I could instead sail for 1 hour and multiply that by 10. You can see the numbers I posted in the previous page. They'd have to increase the XP gain by at least 10 times to make it a more realistic goal. And even then you'd have to be sailing 24/7 for years in order to reach Guru 1.

Posted

The chart I saw for sailing was the same as other life skills until Skilled1, at which point the experience per level doubled from the previous level. The curve on most are the same but there were a few that varied in this way. This would explain why the per 1% is so slow once you hit Skilled1 compared to the previous levels.

Another aspect that is artificially limiting experience gains is the "Shallow Water" debuff that slows boats down in any water they are in no matter the location. This is probably a mechanic that was a fun concept when they worked out movement speeds for various surfaces. In theory they could remove it from the "Sea" but who knows with how odd the sea nodes function in this regard.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0