• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO just isnt meant for me

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean the game itself in graphics looks amazing and the combat is top notch fun + exciting.

I certainly love the node system this game has implanted, making various PVE aspects more unique compared to the other MMOs out there. The lifeskills themselves are somewhat casual and somewhat unique which is totaly okay and has made me enjoy the PVE aspect of the game.

I enjoy things such as taking my huge epheria sailboat and sail across the beautiful looking Margoria sea to do some expensive trading while casualy looking how my worker empire is doing or deciding to be one of those fishing addicts from time to time. Its all great in those aspects and has made me love the game a lot!

Yet there are some vital aspects of the game that simply stop me from progressing in the game any further to start enjoying and participate in the PvP system that is considered an enjoying endgame activity. For me PvP has allways been great in all of the MMOs ive played over the years.

Dont get me wrong, i could solve these issues for me that dont let me step into the world of PvP. To be more specific - grinding and gearing up.

Ive played many games over the years that require lots of grinding to progress into the PvP stage - MU online, lineage 2, Rohan bloodfeud, Tera, SRO and so on. The difference is that back then i was younger and i simply had a lot more time + energy to put my effort into this. But since ive gotten older there are many real life factors in my life which simply stop me from accomplishing the grinding task, from not enough energy due to work or simply personal life coming firsthand. Its not only that but its also that no matter how good the combat is the killing of thousands monsters a day has simply become mind numbingly boring to me. Looking back to my younger self im bit baffled how i have managed to grind in so many MMOs to gain those levels.

The other factor is getting the gear. Ive allways been okay with the requirements for obtaining a good gear are not that easy to achieve, meaning no spoon feeding to get your equipment, some reasonable amount of work and dedication is needed. Unfortunately i dont see a balance in this - the RNG factor to upgrade your gear is okay but the fact that your gear can downgrade or even break in the process, that doesnt show any balance at all especialy when you have put lots of time and effort into this game.

Maybe i have been pampered too much by the leveling and gear system GW2 has implanted into me, afterall i did enjoy many years there doing PvP mostly on small and massive scale before i came to BDO. But either way the system that game had worked for me so i never felt i was left behind when it came to PvP nor i had never had the feeling that balanced PvP in equal terms is out of my reach due to real life.

So its possible i was pampered but that system just suited me fine and i was happy with it. But shamefuly after years of playing it got a bit repetitive due to lack of content and the combat + graphics starting to look bit outdated compared to BDO.

Dont get me wrong, BDO is a wonderful game but the "asian culture" of the game which is grinding and RNG for progress just doesnt suit me. Im hoping for one day a combination of a new MMO to come out with BDO fighting, graphics + GW2 leveling + gearing system with PVE aspects shared from both of the games together. Basicaly waiting for a BDO with more "western culture".

Anyway it has been fun and somewhat dissapointing that i couldnt reach the PvP goals i have allways had in my mind since joining the game but thats that. Best of luck to you all and dont burn out too much!

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

so basically this is what the post sums up - " hey i am a grown up adult, i don't have time to play this game. Please make the game super easy so i can enjoy end game pvp without putting in much effort. I don't really care how other people with jobs and family also takes there time to gear up to PVP,  regardless how long it takes." 

Well good luck in your future endeavors. i for once don't want this game to be any easier. Good gear is a progression that comes with effort and patience. It should reward you with a huge sense of accomplishment when you hit that mark. RNG has always been a part of games. Failure upon upgrading is not a new concept. It is here to stay. Both these variables add to the overwhelming satisfaction when you reach that milestone. 

Selling cash shop items in market place was already the turning point in this game that made gear obtaining easy. Don't need to make it any more easier.

Edited by royalgoddess
14 people like this

Posted

so basically this is what the post sums up - " hey i am a grown up adult, i don't have time to play this game. Please make the game super easy so i can enjoy end game pvp without putting in much effort. I don't really care how other people with jobs and family also takes there time to gear up to PVP,  regardless how long it takes." 

Well good luck in your future endeavors. i for once don't want this game to be any easier. Good gear is a progression that comes with effort and patience. It should reward you with a huge sense of accomplishment when you hit that mark. RNG has always been a part of games. Failure upon upgrading is not a new concept. It is here to stay. Both these variables add to the overwhelming satisfaction when you reach that milestone. 

Selling cash shop items in market place was already the turning point in this game that made gear obtaining easy. Don't need to make it any more easier.

This guy gets it. +1

Posted

Ive allways been okay with the requirements for obtaining a good gear are not that easy to achieve, meaning no spoon feeding to get your equipment, some reasonable amount of work and dedication is needed.

Anyway bye hf ^^

3 people like this

Posted

can I have your stuff?

Posted

He's saying goodbye, and that the game is still great even if he quits. Yet another forum warrior goes on the defensive and interpret it as a demand to change the game.

G3EFvnT.gif

27 people like this

Posted

He's saying goodbye, and that the game is still great even if he quits. Yet another forum warrior goes on the defensive and interpret it as a demand to change the game.

Saying anything negative about BDO will always trigger the fanbois no matter how sincere it is.

4 people like this

Posted

Good luck.

Posted

Good luck too!  I played pvp, wvw in GW2 and do think the system for that is better there as well.  But you play any game for any length of time and it starts to get boring.  Still enjoying BDO atm :)

Posted

For the gearing part, sadly RNG plays a huge factor so I can't help.

But for the grinding, BDO isn't that hard, you can stack up so many xp boosts that grinding 30min a day is enough to progress to an acceptable level (ie: 60, after that you're looking at 100days+ of "grinding 30min a day" to make it to 61).

Sure a lot of players will be level "xx" before you, sure you will never be the first, but saying you need a huge amount of grinding to make it to a revelant PvP level is simply wrong. Just do it with dedication over time, no point to burnout.

Posted

As most of 13 years old kids will kick our asses in FPS games, so will no-lifers in MMORPGs... You cant expect to be better, or have advantage over someone, who sacrifices several times the time you do... The sooner you realize it, the better... (doesnt mean you still cant kick his ass...  You just have to be smarter...)

Posted

All that needs said.,I didn't even find his post offensive like others.Op knows what he wants and what he doesn't,It could of been explained in a smaller post.

G3EFvnT.gif

If a forum warrior defines a person telling the truth then ok hes a forum warrior.

Saying anything negative about BDO will always trigger the fanbois no matter how sincere it is.

Yep anyone who has a different opinion must be a "fanboi" /s

Posted

You fanboys are disgusting, learn to look at things from alternate perspectives.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I agree strongly with this post, this person has talked about everything that made it 'bad' for me.
Good thing I play this game SUPER casually & never throw any money in.

It's a horrible grinding mess, with utterly crap RNG aspects (far more than any other MMO) & low re-playability.
It's a shame people waste a lot of their time on this game, just like any MMO - since it's just pointless busy work.

The combat is the ONLY thing that half-saves it (for me at least).

Edited by Duckhat
Numerous Spelling Improvements

Posted

Sunless basement dwellers triggered!

Posted

I agree strongly with this post, this person has talked about everything that made it 'bad' for me.
Good thing I play this game SUPER casually & never throw any money in.

It's a horrible grinding mess, with utterly crap RNG aspects (far more than any other MMO) & low re-playability.
It's a shame people waste a lot of their time on this game, just like any MMO - since it's just pointless busy work.

The combat is the ONLY thing that half-saves it (for me at least).

Differences in perspective I guess, for myself personally, this game doesn't scratch every itch I have for an MMO, but it scratches enough. Once an MMO comes out that has what BDO has plus land claiming and free form house building, I'll be leaving Black Desert.

Posted (edited)

Best MMO on the market I think. What you want to play is Guild Wars 2. That games has normalized combat. But it doesnt look as good as Black Desert.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted (edited)

OP stated his/her opinion (you know, personal) in the fairest and most respectful way he could towards BDO. He or she isnt demanding anything and is literally blaming his/her own lifestyle and choices on a lot of the reason why BDO isnt for him. Respect. But he/she is right in almost every regard. the simple fix? We need a real pvp system for people who have only a certain tier of gear/character lvl. that way, people who play BDO ONLY for pvp such as myself, dont have to wait 4-6 months to just be RELEVANT in pvp. IDC who you are, any game needs to give EVERY kind of player (PvE, RPers, PvPers) SOMETHING that satisfies their intent to play the game, BEFORE endgameIf not, it is almost (i said ALMOST) false advertising. i say false advertising for lack of knowing the correct term; how about dangling a carrot in front of a horse for 2,000 miles... the catch being that it might not even be a good carrot. it may be rotten and filled with bugs who knows? but having to go through all the effort and hard work JUST to discover if the carrot is good or not. So should i be forced to spend 4+ months JUST to find out if this game is legitimately for me? That is almost literally the definition of a scam.

of course i also play a musa (explains a lot seeing as how its fk'd). but i do still try....and get 1 shotted left and right and and dont do shyt to other people, but even THAT beats mindless grinding for no reason. give me a grind where i can still pvp while im in the hardcore grinding stage of the game, and im happy as can be. but let me play the game for what i bought the game for.

That being said, im still going to keep pushing, even though it looks likely that i will be entirely bored of the game by the time i finally reach PvP

Edited by Soulo

Posted

1o5az1.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I feel the same way OP. But let it be what it will be. Let's see what crazy gimmicks the game keeps throwing out to try and get players to come back. More free ogre rings for all! And let's what events the game farms out to try and get players engaged in the game instead of being afk 90% of the time. More carrying eggs down a hill! It is funny to see so clearly when something just isn't going well at all, and just about everyone has their blinders on.

2 people like this

Posted

If a forum warrior defines a person telling the truth then ok hes a forum warrior.

Uh, no. The OP is just describing his experience and why he can't play anymore, and he's fine with that. It's a very mature, reasoned outline that doesn't blame the game, he just wishes he had the time to play like he did when he was younger.

Of course you brought full autism to the table because you can't be bothered to read what you're flaming.

2 people like this

Posted

Don't mind the negativity op, you're definitely doing yourself a favor by removing yourself from the shit community that is Black Desert.

2 people like this

Posted

It makes me laugh so hard when people are embarrasing themselves, talking about accomplishment in context of butchering sausans or pirates 6/h a day to maybe get an upgrade xDDD hard content much accomplishment wow wow stahp pls 

2 people like this

Posted

It makes me laugh so hard when people are embarrasing themselves, talking about accomplishment in context of butchering sausans or pirates 6/h a day to maybe get an upgrade xDDD hard content much accomplishment wow wow stahp pls 

+1

Nolifers accomplishment , maybe..

Posted

Uh, no. The OP is just describing his experience and why he can't play anymore, and he's fine with that. It's a very mature, reasoned outline that doesn't blame the game, he just wishes he had the time to play like he did when he was younger.

Of course you brought full autism to the table because you can't be bothered to read what you're flaming.

Did you even read my post? i agreed that the op was reasonable my only complaint was the length. Who's the real forum warrior here? lol... I don't joke about Autism. Nor do i flame.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0